Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #2550 on: May 08, 2023, 05:03:54 AM »
I have a friend that's very big into guns.  We had a conversation about gun control after the Uvalde massacre.  I said I'm worried about the safety of my children when they're going to school.  His suggestion was teaching them how to gunfight.

Do the gun nuts think that they can shoot incoming bullets out of the air?
Did he tell you to teach 'em to shoot and actually to carry a gun with them into the school or what? It makes sense to teach kids how to behave and what to do if, god forbid, something like that happens but for a kid to actually stop the attacker? That's some wild advice if you ask me
-Jim
Currently prepping for cowboy Wildbunch at local gun range
Go-to hunting blog: https://blog.gritroutdoors.com/

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2551 on: May 08, 2023, 06:37:54 AM »
I have a friend that's very big into guns.  We had a conversation about gun control after the Uvalde massacre.  I said I'm worried about the safety of my children when they're going to school.  His suggestion was teaching them how to gunfight.

Do the gun nuts think that they can shoot incoming bullets out of the air?
Did he tell you to teach 'em to shoot and actually to carry a gun with them into the school or what? It makes sense to teach kids how to behave and what to do if, god forbid, something like that happens but for a kid to actually stop the attacker? That's some wild advice if you ask me

I didn't discuss the details too much with him.  This was a few weeks after Uvalde and my resting level of rage was still pretty high.  He was sincerely offering a suggestion that he thought would help.  2A propaganda has really scrambled a lot of people's brains.

Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #2552 on: May 08, 2023, 06:58:48 AM »
I tried to walk a few people through it.
Like step by step scenario.
I ask about vests.
Do you just shoot people you think are bad?
What happens of theres two 'good guys'?   - and when i bring up rittenhouse they loose their minds.

And as always they defeat me, with nothing but their witts and their series 7 de atomizers.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2553 on: May 08, 2023, 07:22:21 AM »
I've thought about that too.  I don't know if there's any training that eliminates the possibility of a good guy with a gun shooting another good guy with a gun.  I get the feeling that it's nearly impossible to avoid

« Reply #2554 on: May 08, 2023, 10:04:22 AM »
i had it out wiht one guy
his brain short circuit really bad

he said Grosskreutz was illegally carrying.

i said that doesn't matter what was his intention - to stop a percieved bad guy.

but the other guy was so thickskulled
he either knew the answer would trap him or he just couldn't comprehend from the POV at the time Grosskreutz thoguht he was doing the right thing and stopping a shooter.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2555 on: May 08, 2023, 01:17:35 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/08/us/allen-texas-mall-shooting-gunman-monday/index.html

The gunman behind the second-deadliest US mass shooting of the year was terminated from the Army due to health concerns and may have been driven by right-wing extremism, sources told CNN.

CNN quick to post speculation when it fits the narrative.

(not saying this guy isn't a right wing extremist, more a comment on CNN)
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #2556 on: May 08, 2023, 01:49:48 PM »

skipto 5:39 and 6:40

NBC
- RWDS
- neonazi and WS rehtoric

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2557 on: May 08, 2023, 03:13:53 PM »
It's interesting what he says about mental health in Texas.  I'm having trouble finding exactly what they've done. 

Apparently Texas is ranked last in mental healthcare for children.

I've found a 15 million dollar bill.  https://www.texastribune.org/2023/04/13/texas-senate-mental-health-children/

This is some genius tier solutions.  Just train all students to be combat medics.  Hell why don't they just rotate kids through the front lines in Ukraine?  While they're at it why not require plate carriers in the school dress code?
https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/texas-bill-proposes-bleeding-stations-in-schools-therapist-warns-of-mental-health-impacts

I can't find any source besides the governor which says they've increased mental health funding by 25 billion.  As far as I can tell they're going to need to more than double the amount they spend now to be mediocre in mental health care.  https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/states-who-spend-the-most-on-mental-health-funding.html

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #2558 on: May 09, 2023, 01:16:39 AM »

“During the attack, the rifle-wielding attacker wore an insignia which has been associated with hate groups, as well as combat tactical gear. He was seen on video with a clothing patch with the letters RWDS, which stands for "Right Wing Death Squad".

This is a phrase popular among right-wing extremists and white supremacy groups.

An account run by the suspect on a Russia-based social network seen by BBC News includes pictures of Nazi swastikas and SS tattoos, other posts glorifying Nazis, and rambling messages about violence.”

From the BBC.

Biden has apparently set the flags at half mast, the way things are shaping up over there they’ll be at half mast permanently. Viva-2A.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #2559 on: May 09, 2023, 01:23:56 AM »
It's interesting what he says about mental health in Texas.  I'm having trouble finding exactly what they've done. 

Apparently Texas is ranked last in mental healthcare for children.

I've found a 15 million dollar bill.  https://www.texastribune.org/2023/04/13/texas-senate-mental-health-children/

This is some genius tier solutions.  Just train all students to be combat medics.  Hell why don't they just rotate kids through the front lines in Ukraine?  While they're at it why not require plate carriers in the school dress code?
https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/texas-bill-proposes-bleeding-stations-in-schools-therapist-warns-of-mental-health-impacts

I can't find any source besides the governor which says they've increased mental health funding by 25 billion.  As far as I can tell they're going to need to more than double the amount they spend now to be mediocre in mental health care.  https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/states-who-spend-the-most-on-mental-health-funding.html

As always
Big corp shifts the cost burden of their action onto public.
People really love subsidizing billionaires.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2560 on: May 09, 2023, 06:55:11 AM »
I never knew that Nazism and white supremacy was so popular in central and south american countries. (I'm not being sarcastic, I really didn't know)
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #2561 on: May 09, 2023, 06:59:38 AM »
I never knew that Nazism and white supremacy was so popular in central and south american countries. (I'm not being sarcastic, I really didn't know)
Didn't quite a few Nazis escape Germany to South America at the end of the war?  I've always heard that to be the case but never actually looked into it to see if it were true.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2562 on: May 09, 2023, 07:38:16 AM »
I think so, I've watched History shows (or something, I dont' remember) about Argentina. The surprising thing to me is not that there were or are enclaves of white Nazis in these countries, but that there are brown people who are white supremacists. 

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2563 on: May 09, 2023, 08:30:52 AM »
They exist.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Fuentes.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense but it is a thing.

It's not quite as nonsensical as Clayton Bigsby. 

Maybe they just think, eh Latino, close enough to white.  And what the hell is a Latino supremacist?  Best to join an existing franchise to avoid the cost of a new startup.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2564 on: May 09, 2023, 01:31:02 PM »

« Reply #2565 on: May 09, 2023, 03:11:26 PM »
They exist.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Fuentes.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense but it is a thing.

It's not quite as nonsensical as Clayton Bigsby. 

Maybe they just think, eh Latino, close enough to white.  And what the hell is a Latino supremacist?  Best to join an existing franchise to avoid the cost of a new startup.

hahahaha
i divocred her because seh's a n*a lover

side note
are they self deprecating? - a bid for 'merican acceptance to be part of the club?
is it a catholic thing?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2566 on: May 09, 2023, 04:10:24 PM »
Your speculation is as good as mine.  I don't have much insight into how a non-white white supremacist thinks.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2568 on: July 18, 2023, 03:40:47 PM »
School starts in a month and you know what that means.  It's time to shop for bulletproof backpacks.

This is not a joke. 

Lorddave

« Reply #2569 on: July 18, 2023, 08:41:12 PM »
School starts in a month and you know what that means.  It's time to shop for bulletproof backpacks.

This is not a joke.
Unless you're Republican, then you gotta go back to school gun shopping.  So your kid can defend themselves against any shooter.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2570 on: July 18, 2023, 09:03:44 PM »
I have a friend who seriously suggested that as a strategy. 

Do these people think that they can shoot an incoming bullet or something?

Lorddave

« Reply #2571 on: July 18, 2023, 10:41:00 PM »
I have a friend who seriously suggested that as a strategy. 

Do these people think that they can shoot an incoming bullet or something?

No, but they think its better to be armed and able than helpless.  Its a culture thing.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #2572 on: July 19, 2023, 06:01:22 AM »
I keep asking 'them' who say its for selfdefense if they wear bullet proof vests everywhere they go.
They ask why.
Then i get thhem to walk thorugh an armed encoutner.
Thiier brains short ciruict and thet tell me to move, be a sheep, call the cops-only-minutss-away.

Amazing logic brains.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2573 on: October 27, 2023, 12:49:28 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/lewiston-maine-mass-shootings-10-27-23/index.html

Officials are urging residents to keep sheltering in place Friday as an intensive manhunt continues for a suspect in Wednesday's shooting rampage in Lewiston, Maine, that left at least 18 dead and 13 injured, according to authorities.

Robert Card, 40, is facing an arrest warrant for eight counts of murder and should be considered armed and dangerous, police said. He is a certified firearms instructor and a member of the US Army Reserves, police said – and his background could make the effort to find him both challenging and dangerous, experts told CNN.

https://x.com/davidhogg111/status/1717911122232127716?s=20

We will never end gun violence until white woman in the suburbs stop voting for the republicans who are endangering our schools and communities by flooding them with guns.

Man murders a bunch of people, white women to blame.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2574 on: October 27, 2023, 01:12:42 PM »
I'm more concerned about the job killing, fascist lockdowns that the demoncratic governor of Maine is enforcing on its citizens.

HAVE WE LEARNED NOTHING FROM COVID!!!

Lorddave

« Reply #2575 on: October 27, 2023, 02:11:46 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/lewiston-maine-mass-shootings-10-27-23/index.html

Officials are urging residents to keep sheltering in place Friday as an intensive manhunt continues for a suspect in Wednesday's shooting rampage in Lewiston, Maine, that left at least 18 dead and 13 injured, according to authorities.

Robert Card, 40, is facing an arrest warrant for eight counts of murder and should be considered armed and dangerous, police said. He is a certified firearms instructor and a member of the US Army Reserves, police said – and his background could make the effort to find him both challenging and dangerous, experts told CNN.

https://x.com/davidhogg111/status/1717911122232127716?s=20

We will never end gun violence until white woman in the suburbs stop voting for the republicans who are endangering our schools and communities by flooding them with guns.

Man murders a bunch of people, white women to blame.

This is why bowling allys NEED MORE GUNS!  If the pin boy or the person behind the counter was armed, none of this would have happened.  But those liberals want to strip us all of our right to defend ourselves in our own bowling allys!

Also, they blame the women because, lets face it: Men are the actual problem and they'll never actually stop themselves.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2576 on: October 27, 2023, 03:15:37 PM »
Only the white women, though. He wouldn't get any likes if he blamed all women.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2577 on: October 27, 2023, 03:25:06 PM »
Ha, I was just reading that the new Speaker, Mike Johnson, blames feminism, no-fault divorce, and the human heart for mass shootings. At least he didn't blame it on the white woman's heart, but it's almost a horseshoe.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2578 on: October 27, 2023, 04:00:09 PM »
Those murderous whites!

This new speaker is seriously a clown.  He doesn't seem like a maniac just looking at him but good god he's a caricature of conservatives.  https://kentuckylantern.com/briefs/mike-johnson-defended-noahs-ark-attraction-in-kentucky-before-becoming-u-s-house-speaker/

It's very important that children are taught that humans in the past could have a dinosaur as a pet.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2579 on: October 27, 2023, 05:50:29 PM »
omg, I remember when internet forums had mega threads devoted to that guy. lol