Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1770 on: April 16, 2021, 11:40:21 PM »
So glad Australia doesn't have some shitty bill of rights. Would only make all the dickwads feel entitled. No. They WOULD be entitled. Yikes!

I'm happy to defer a so called 'fReEdOM!' of owning a gun if it means my blood thirsty deranged neighbours equally don't have one

Americas poor reputation elsewhere in the world is totally deserved. I know you guys think you're the greatest and everyone loves you. Ha! That's just propaganda talking

Many people in North Korea are told the same thing. And before China opened up to the world and had tens of millions die in starvation and poverty, they were told they were a shining light in the world and the rest of the world lived in darkness

What's different about the lies you are told? Nothing

Everyone has the right to feel safe. I'll take that right over some shitty 'I can own a gun!' right because clearly given the amount of homicides l and mass shootings you have, there is no feeling of genuine safety.

Don't believe me? If you own a gun and keep it in your house 'just in case', go hand the gun back. Feel different? Then you never have felt real safety.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 11:41:53 PM by Shifter »

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Lorddave

« Reply #1771 on: April 17, 2021, 12:34:34 AM »
Very sad and depressing, all this suffering.

Short bursts of anger where people snap is a societal issue.

One which no gun control measures enacted virtually anywhere have ever resolved.

You take away peoples guns you just make them allthemore controllable and malleable by government. Consequentially those who fall through the cracks in any society due to mental illness just find other ways to slaughter people. And there is always the black market, which will always exist. In Europe especially there is a thriving illegal gun market that has been getting larger increasingly.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens, not criminals. You also will no longer be able to regulate the market.

I’m not excusing mass shootings/murders, but these happen in every other country too.

I hate that whole "black market exists" BS.
1. Where the hell is the black market?  How would I get a gun/drugs/children on it? 
2. Where does their supply come from?

Answers:
1. Most people don't know.   So if I snap, I have no idea how to find an illegal gun that someone will sell.  I'd google it, which is what police/fbi/local agencies do.  So not that helpful.  What most people do is either legally buy one or steal from someone they know has a gun. 

2. Some are smuggled in, sure, but most are from LEGAL OWNERS.  Especially in the US.  Buying for your "friend".  Selling in a gunshop for "extra".  Or just breaking into someone's house and stealing their guns. The majority of guns come from people who had one legally and sold it, had it stolen, or was allowed to purchase it.
And Mexico?  American guns get smuggled south, fyi.  If America had less guns, less guns would go to Mexico, making it safer.

What, do you think there's big factories all making guns for a black market on b-bay.com?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #1772 on: April 17, 2021, 05:16:02 AM »
Bill of rights is important.

Hoeever having an educated population of nonsheep is equally important to keep siad BOR from being twisted.

Its so funny when magas call people sheep.
Oh the irony.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 07:09:27 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #1773 on: April 17, 2021, 06:24:47 AM »
I’m not excusing mass shootings/murders, but these happen in every other country too.
Not really.  The last school shooting in the UK was in 1996.  I say last, it might well be "only".

The last mass shooting in which anyone died was the Cumbria shootings in 2011.  These things are incredibly rare in Britain.  Incidents that are etched onto the nation's memory would barely get reported in the USA.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens, not criminals. You also will no longer be able to regulate the market.
You're a Brit aren't you?  Are you saying you'd advocate for mass gun ownership in the UK?

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #1774 on: April 17, 2021, 07:12:54 AM »
Very sad and depressing, all this suffering.

Short bursts of anger where people snap is a societal issue.

One which no gun control measures enacted virtually anywhere have ever resolved.

You take away peoples guns you just make them allthemore controllable and malleable by government. Consequentially those who fall through the cracks in any society due to mental illness just find other ways to slaughter people. And there is always the black market, which will always exist. In Europe especially there is a thriving illegal gun market that has been getting larger increasingly.

I hate that whole "black market exists" BS.
1. Where the hell is the black market?  How would I get a gun/drugs/children on it? 
2. Where does their supply come from?

Answers:
1. Most people don't know.   So if I snap, I have no idea how to find an illegal gun that someone will sell.  I'd google it, which is what police/fbi/local agencies do.  So not that helpful.  What most people do is either legally buy one or steal from someone they know has a gun. 

2. Some are smuggled in, sure, but most are from LEGAL OWNERS.  Especially in the US.  Buying for your "friend".  Selling in a gunshop for "extra".  Or just breaking into someone's house and stealing their guns. The majority of guns come from people who had one legally and sold it, had it stolen, or was allowed to purchase it.
And Mexico?  American guns get smuggled south, fyi.  If America had less guns, less guns would go to Mexico, making it safer.

What, do you think there's big factories all making guns for a black market on b-bay.com?

From all the movies ive seen im pretty sure mexico and SAmerica get thie guns from the cia.

Canadians for sure get their drug guns from usa smugglers.
Very well documented.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1775 on: April 17, 2021, 12:39:41 PM »

Many European countries don't have mass shootings every week, or even every year. Some go years without incidents.

Gun control is certainly possible, countries that outlaw handguns can regulate them quite well.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1776 on: April 17, 2021, 01:37:58 PM »
Apparently there were 4 mass shootings in Europe in 2020 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2020_mass_shootings_in_Europe), 24 fatalities.
Europe has a population of 748 million.

Excluding gang, organised crime or drug war killings the US had 614 mass shootings, 446 deaths, population 332.5 million.
That's nearly 19x the deaths in a population of less than half that of Europe. ( I think).

The only plus point seems to be that American shooters are a lot less accurate than Europeans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2020
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:04:29 PM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #1777 on: April 17, 2021, 02:39:00 PM »
Worst in recent memeory was norway and the french mohammed newspaper.
Also
Many of those eruo countries have similar military and hunting cultures as usa.
So theyre gun familiar.
But muchmuchmuuuuuch better social prograns.

Then look at japan where people have an insane work culture.
No guns
Wosrt you get are one time a pshyco with katanas cutting children.
What is japan doing diffeently for mental health?
Who knows.
Maybe the avilability of body pillows?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #1778 on: April 18, 2021, 06:04:27 AM »
Other countries: Mass shootings are bad, mmmkay?
America: We kind of just lean into it, you know? We're pretty great at it.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/3-killed-2-injured-in-somers-house-tavern-shooting-sheriffs-office-says/article_a840cf5b-8c30-5eba-b911-870923d720e7.html
Authorities pleaded Sunday for help in locating a suspect who opened fire at a Kenosha County tavern in a confrontation that left three people dead and two people seriously injured.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1779 on: April 19, 2021, 05:31:35 AM »
Also
So theyre gun familiar.

Gun culture in many European countries is the reason for so few gun deaths.

Imagine living in a country where handguns are simply banned. Where you can own a hunting rifle and shotgun, but you have to store them at the police station and check them out when you want to use them.

A bit less convenient but no worries about them being stolen or your kid or your friends kids finding them and shooting someone by accident.

And if you storm into the police station mumbling about how your wife is a cheatin whore and demand your shotgun, yeah. Good luck with that.

Compared to the USA where you can just avoid every gun law on the books and buy one from a gun show and keep it loaded and stuffed in your pants in many states so you can pull it out and shoot that guy who looked at you funny.  And people wonder why the US has so many shootings.

Hint. It's all the guns.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1780 on: April 19, 2021, 05:41:04 AM »
What American Freedom looks like

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

No thanks  ::)

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #1781 on: April 19, 2021, 06:16:32 AM »
Also
So theyre gun familiar.

Gun culture in many European countries is the reason for so few gun deaths.

Imagine living in a country where handguns are simply banned. Where you can own a hunting rifle and shotgun, but you have to store them at the police station and check them out when you want to use them.

A bit less convenient but no worries about them being stolen or your kid or your friends kids finding them and shooting someone by accident.

And if you storm into the police station mumbling about how your wife is a cheatin whore and demand your shotgun, yeah. Good luck with that.

Compared to the USA where you can just avoid every gun law on the books and buy one from a gun show and keep it loaded and stuffed in your pants in many states so you can pull it out and shoot that guy who looked at you funny.  And people wonder why the US has so many shootings.

Hint. It's all the guns.

Guns dont kill people
Inept castrated congressmen kill people

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1782 on: April 19, 2021, 07:18:06 AM »
What American Freedom looks like

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

No thanks  ::)

Well of course it's going to look bad if you highlight it with blood red.

Try using tiny mermaids to indicate gun deaths.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #1783 on: April 19, 2021, 08:58:54 AM »
this map is silly and anytime someone uses it it matches teh population density of the usa.

this one is more applicable (disclaimer, i have not vetted any of these maps...)

ownership:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/World_map_of_civilian_gun_ownership_-_2nd_color_scheme.svg

violence:
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4594341/gun_ownership_map.jpg

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:19:04 AM by Themightykabool »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1784 on: May 09, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/co-state-wire-colorado-springs-colorado-shootings-17954f1d457aa4c68d461535457fb235

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A gunman opened fire at a birthday party in Colorado, slaying six adults before killing himself Sunday, police said.

The shooting happened just after midnight in a mobile home park on the east side of Colorado Springs, police said.

Officers arrived at a trailer to find six dead adults and a man with serious injuries who died later at a hospital, the Colorado Springs Gazette reported.

The suspected shooter was the boyfriend of a female victim at the party attended by friends, family and children. He walked inside and opened fire before shooting himself, police said. Children at the attack weren’t hurt and were placed with relatives.

I bet some red flags were ignored.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #1785 on: May 09, 2021, 04:13:37 PM »
So glad Australia doesn't have some shitty bill of rights.

Are you in Oz?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1786 on: May 09, 2021, 04:20:35 PM »
this map is silly and anytime someone uses it it matches teh population density of the usa.

this one is more applicable (disclaimer, i have not vetted any of these maps...)

ownership:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/World_map_of_civilian_gun_ownership_-_2nd_color_scheme.svg

violence:
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4594341/gun_ownership_map.jpg

That map simply indicated where people died of gun violence

And your map indicates Australia and new Zealand has the same rate of gun ownership and some of the most violent areas of central and south America

Where I live and move around I guarantee the only people carrying a gun are the police or other law enforcers or the people that transport large amounts of cash

These are the steps someone has to take to 'own' a gun in Australia for instance in sport
https://www.ssaa.org.au/?ss_news=handgun-ownership-facts-in-australia

Steps you need to take to legally obtain a handgun

The sport of competitive handgun shooting exists only within a framework of police-approved clubs, which coordinate events on police-approved ranges across the nation. Gun laws are a state-based issue, so each of the scenarios that control the pistol shooting sports may vary slightly, but in essence the following may be taken as the general rule across our nation.

The Prime Minister announced an agreement between states and the Federal Government on December 6, 2002, which covered 28 resolutions tightening handgun controls for the legitimate sporting shooter. A person should attend at a club and make it known that they are interested in joining. The details of clubs can usually be located within firearm publications or by searching the internet. The person then has to undertake formalised safety training in the safe use of firearms. In some states this is done within the club framework or the course is completed in an external agency. The safety training is a mandated requirement for police to start the licence issue process. Some states state in legislation that safety training is to be undertaken, whilst others regulate that the registrar may require completion of a satisfactory course before issuing a licence.

The candidate then must complete six months probation within the club, during which time they are not allowed to purchase a handgun. Ongoing instruction about the club rules and firearm safety occurs within this time frame, after which the person may then, with club consent, apply to the registrar of firearms for a handgun licence.

Recent changes to firearm laws as a result of the COAG December 2006 agreement now restricts the new member to an initial purchase of a small calibre target pistol. The applicant must also have applied for and been granted a firearm licence, which is dependent upon a nation-wide criminal record check, looking for a history of violence, warrants and domestic violence orders. The applicant must also submit proof of successfully completing the firearms safety training course at the time of licence application.

Once the person receives a firearm licence with personal photograph attached, they can then attend at a licenced firearm dealer and select a handgun which is suitable for the competition in which they intend to take part. This firearm may be a single-shot air pistol, a single-shot .22-calibre pistol or a .22-calibre revolver or self-loading pistol.

When the details of the selected firearm are known, they are submitted back to the police on an Approval to Purchase form, which is checked by police as to the correct details of the firearm, the current owner (seller) and that the person submitting the approval request is, in fact, in possession of a current firearm licence.

The applicant has to wait 28 days for this process to take place. If the police approve the purchase, the applicant is notified in writing and they can then collect the handgun from the dealer upon producing their current photographic firearm licence and the Approval to Purchase form approved by the police.

The applicant then has 14 days to take the firearm to the nearest police station to where they live and register the firearm in their own name. (This is a SA policy and may vary in different states.) After payment of the fee, the applicant can then only use the handgun at an approved range for an approved event within the approved club. This means that the handgun cannot be used for any other purpose other than target shooting at the pistol club. Breaching this purpose of use will result in punishment as defined by the Act.

The club member must attend at least four to six club events a year to retain club membership and endorsement for a handgun category of their firearm licence. The clubs are bound to advise the registry if a member has not completed those events.

The handgun owner is under a legal requirement to store the firearm under security arrangements defined under the Act and regulations. Gun safes usually cost about $400 to $800.

If the club member wishes to purchase another handgun, then they must go through the same process of approval to purchase, club endorsement, registration and secure storage regime. If the club member wishes to sell a handgun, then it can only be sold to another licenced person (after the purchaser obtains an approval to purchase) or to a licenced firearm dealer.

In America it's as simple as saying 'I want one'.

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1787 on: May 09, 2021, 04:21:26 PM »

Are you in Oz?

Yep. In the land of Oz. :) No wizards though

Know your place

« Reply #1788 on: May 09, 2021, 09:08:33 PM »

Are you in Oz?

We missed our annual trip to the Northern Beaches this year due to COVID.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1789 on: May 09, 2021, 09:13:48 PM »

Are you in Oz?

Our 'Great Leader' Scott Morrison has not only forbid Australians from leaving the country and in some cases, forbid them to return, but barred any visitor (except maybe some new Zealanders) from coming here 'indefinitely' (his words)

Might as well be in North Korea  >:(

People will still vote for this Muppet so things won't change for the better

Know your place

« Reply #1790 on: May 10, 2021, 03:50:36 AM »
This is bullshit.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1791 on: May 10, 2021, 04:11:17 AM »

Know your place

« Reply #1792 on: May 10, 2021, 05:33:56 AM »
This is bullshit.

https://www.armslist.com/
There are plenty of places offering guns and ammunition for sale.

What is your point?

For clarity, my point is your point (that it is easier to obtain a gun in the US than other places) is pure bullshit.

« Reply #1793 on: May 10, 2021, 05:49:39 AM »
Then why is the nra pushing sooooo hard to lobby?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1794 on: May 10, 2021, 05:56:01 AM »
This is bullshit.

https://www.armslist.com/
There are plenty of places offering guns and ammunition for sale.

What is your point?

For clarity, my point is your point (that it is easier to obtain a gun in the US than other places) is pure bullshit.

In Australia there's a lot of red tape, training, licence, conditions to meet while you have that licence and a very limited range of guns you can own for a very specific purpose. Personal protection not being one of them

If I was dumb enough to choose Ameritard as my tourism destination, I could probably go on Armslist and find an irresponsible dumb shit to sell me a gun. What does he care if I'm not legit as long as he gets his money

So is it easy in America to obtain a gun? It is. You retards got it in your small brains that guns are a God given right and make you and your family safer. ROFL

In Australia we had an enlightened government that understood man, generally, is a savage primal beast and absolutely weapons of indiscriminate death should not be in the hands of everyone.

While I might not be a savage, people like you might be. And if me not allowed to have a gun means you're (or my neighbours in this case) is not allowed to have one, that makes me feel very safe indeed

Know your place

« Reply #1795 on: May 10, 2021, 07:29:32 AM »

Are you in Oz?

Our 'Great Leader' Scott Morrison has not only forbid Australians from leaving the country and in some cases, forbid them to return, but barred any visitor (except maybe some new Zealanders) from coming here 'indefinitely' (his words)

We have a granddaughter we've never seen, and she'll be a year in June. We're just hoping we'll be allowed in by year end.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1796 on: May 10, 2021, 07:46:20 AM »

Are you in Oz?

We have a granddaughter we've never seen, and she'll be a year in June. We're just hoping we'll be allowed in by year end.

From the news here, it seems Australians won't even be allowed to travel until late 2022. And that's as long as the vaccination works.

I was due for a month long holiday in April 2020 so my kids could see their grandparents in China. Now our shitty government is antagonising the F out of China even going so far to talking up a prospect of a future war with them.

That's how fucked up our current government is. They see votes in nationalism and tough talk and China is a punching bag post covid

But don't plan on anything before October 2022 to be honest. It's a bonus if we open up earlier

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1797 on: May 11, 2021, 02:24:15 AM »
Way to go America! >:(

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/eight-children-killed-in-school-shooting-in-russia/news-story/6024a38a7c5ed393328369a77fb106fd

Up to 11 people including eight children have died after a school shooting in Russia.

Two unidentified attackers opened fire at the high school in Kazan on Tuesday.

“Eight schoolchildren and a teacher were killed,” a source told the Interfax news agency.

Reports from Russian media later suggested up to 11 people had been killed, with the majority of the victims children.

Photos from the scene show people outside the school with dozens of police vehicles and fire engines nearby.

One attacker, a 17-year-old, was arrested, and a second was killed, officials said on Tuesday.

Still blaming this on you. Because you export your shitty school shooting culture to the world. And yeah. Shooting at defenceless school children has become synonymous with America. It's your culture now, and from what the world sees from your politicians and red necks, you are damn proud of it

Know your place

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #1798 on: May 20, 2021, 11:27:39 AM »
There are alot of shootings in oregon and they are getting stupider and stupider.
Man kills brothers wife over laundry dispute.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1799 on: May 20, 2021, 11:31:14 AM »
There are alot of shootings in oregon and they are getting stupider and stupider.
Man kills brothers wife over laundry dispute.

This is how Americans solve their disputes. It seems unorthodox and counter productive but they made a whole culture out of it

Know your place