Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies
?

Jamie

• Retired
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1740 on: April 13, 2021, 05:16:58 AM »
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

« Reply #1741 on: April 13, 2021, 05:33:29 AM »
What policies?

Just look to Tennessee right now.
There is a policy in Tennessee that has to do with gay people?

ETA: I could not access the article you linked, so I looked it up elsewhere.

I fail to see how the laws regarding sexual harassment in the workplace do not already address all the issues regarding all of these complaints.

It simply seems to me people wanting deferential treatment, which equates to different treatment, which is antithetical to the entire concept of meritocracy at work.

Put simply, while at work, focus on the work at hand and not all the other crap which has no business at work in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 05:40:14 AM by WISHTOLAUGH »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1742 on: April 13, 2021, 06:13:56 AM »
What policies?

I fail to see how the laws regarding sexual harassment in the workplace do not already address all the issues regarding all of these complaints.

It simply seems to me people wanting deferential treatment, which equates to different treatment, which is antithetical to the entire concept of meritocracy at work.

Put simply, while at work, focus on the work at hand and not all the other crap which has no business at work in the first place.

From the article -

a law Lee signed last month that requires athletes at public middle and high schools to play on the team that aligns with their sex as determined at birth. (Lee, in a statement, has said the law will "preserve women's athletics and ensure fair competition.")

It's got nothing to do with sexual orientation.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #1743 on: April 13, 2021, 06:41:52 AM »
What policies?

From the article -

a law Lee signed last month that requires athletes at public middle and high schools to play on the team that aligns with their sex as determined at birth. (Lee, in a statement, has said the law will "preserve women's athletics and ensure fair competition.")

It's got nothing to do with sexual orientation.
Well, I see it has nothing to do with work.

It has to do with sports.

I fail to see how having male and female sports is discriminatory.

« Reply #1744 on: April 13, 2021, 06:52:36 AM »
As i said

Let me know.when YOUR freedoms are being taken away
The discussion isn't about freedom and technically freedom isn't free or the sense of being free.

It is the issue of natural actions/reactions and that is what is codified in what is called the Bill of Rights.

Natural processes of humanity. Infringement, by the government, upon those natural processes is taking place everyday of our lives.

No doubt.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Unless youre blm let me know how yohr freedoms are being taken away

Sooo?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1745 on: April 13, 2021, 06:58:03 AM »
Americans are afraid.  That's why they want guns.  What are they afraid of? 

You guessed it,  ....   drumroll ....   other Americans with guns.   

I can't see any way out of the loop.
There's always the old Cold War theory of Mutually Assured Destruction.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1746 on: April 13, 2021, 07:03:11 AM »
It is a good business model - tell people to be afraid of other people.

Every shooting or election fuels more purchasing.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1747 on: April 13, 2021, 07:55:19 AM »
now is not the time to politicize.
it's time to offer prayers and thoughts.
the senators and house don't have any mechanism to solve such complex issues

Never is the time according to some.  Is there a counter somewhere that resets after every shooting? How long is the allocated thoughts and prayer time with no one getting shot before politicians can discuss what to do about it?

One month.  The correct amount of thoughts and prayer time is one month.  Then we'll get right on it.

But as we've never had a month go by without a mass shooting...
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1748 on: April 13, 2021, 08:43:33 AM »

Never is the time according to some.  Is there a counter somewhere that resets after every shooting? How long is the allocated thoughts and prayer time with no one getting shot before politicians can discuss what to do about it?

One month.  The correct amount of thoughts and prayer time is one month.  Then we'll get right on it.

What if you don’t think about it too much, as it is just a given, like you when the black guy is gunned down by police for having an air freshener in his car and you see “In the US” and just think of course.

And it is obvious that if there’s a god, that fucker doesn’t give a shit either?  So prayer is wasted time crying to an unfeeling abyss/asshole.

Do I then get a free pass to politicise?
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #1749 on: April 13, 2021, 08:49:15 AM »
I don't understand why everyone thinks the politicians should or would do something about gun violence. Politicians love gun violence. And bomb violence. And missile violence. And sexual violence.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1750 on: April 13, 2021, 09:30:02 AM »
I don't understand why everyone thinks the politicians should or would do something about gun violence. Politicians love gun violence. And bomb violence. And missile violence. And sexual violence.

Because we grant the government a monopoly on violence.  It is literally their job to enforce that monopoly.

« Reply #1751 on: April 13, 2021, 09:40:09 AM »

Because we grant the government a monopoly on violence.  It is literally their job to enforce that monopoly.
So, somebody tells me I gotta shoot somebody, my first question is why? It has nothing to do with credentials or bona fides.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1752 on: April 13, 2021, 09:40:56 AM »

What if you don’t think about it too much, as it is just a given, like you when the black guy is gunned down by police for having an air freshener in his car and you see “In the US” and just think of course.

And it is obvious that if there’s a god, that fucker doesn’t give a shit either?  So prayer is wasted time crying to an unfeeling abyss/asshole.

Outrageous!  I'll have you know that the US is the world leader in thoughts and prayers!

And this notion that no one hears yours prayers is just absurd.  The NSA hears your prayers, especially if you own any smart home devices.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1753 on: April 13, 2021, 10:43:21 AM »

Outrageous!  I'll have you know that the US is the world leader in thoughts and prayers!

And this notion that no one hears yours prayers is just absurd.  The NSA hears your prayers, especially if you own any smart home devices.

America is the nutsack of Satan.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1754 on: April 13, 2021, 11:24:15 AM »

I like that reasoning.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1755 on: April 13, 2021, 11:50:31 AM »

So, somebody tells me I gotta shoot somebody, my first question is why? It has nothing to do with credentials or bona fides.

That's your takeaway from that statement?

Here's some light reading when you get time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly_on_violence

« Reply #1756 on: April 14, 2021, 03:34:47 AM »

That's your takeaway from that statement?

Here's some light reading when you get time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly_on_violence
I am aware of the concept to which you refer. That concept doesn't eliminate my approach. In fact, in solidifies it.

« Reply #1757 on: April 16, 2021, 12:45:17 AM »
Oh dear.  And another one has literally gone postal.

US really needs to do something about this.  Screw the gun lobbies, it’s completely out of control.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #1758 on: April 16, 2021, 01:27:07 AM »
who could have seen it coming? I'm totally surprised that the us got another mass shooting!
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #1759 on: April 16, 2021, 01:58:28 AM »
who could have seen it coming? I'm totally surprised that the us got another mass shooting!

I strongly believe that every American has the right to own enough guns to murder their fellow citizens in an efficient manner. It's in the Constitution! It's a fundamental liberty that needs to be defended at any cost. Freedom is the cornerstone of the USA. Freedom comes at a cost and there are enough red blooded Patriots ready to sacrifice themselves, to pay the ultimate price for right to murder and be murdered . god bless America!
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #1760 on: April 16, 2021, 05:30:08 AM »

I strongly believe that every American has the right to own enough guns to murder their fellow citizens in an efficient manner. It's in the Constitution! It's a fundamental liberty that needs to be defended at any cost. Freedom is the cornerstone of the USA. Freedom comes at a cost and there are enough red blooded Patriots ready to sacrifice themselves, to pay the ultimate price for right to murder and be murdered . god bless America!
See, this time it was you that forgot to use the green text trick ;)

Let's also not overlook the attempted mass shooting at the San Antonio airport. We almost had a 2fer yesterday.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1761 on: April 16, 2021, 06:08:15 AM »
The suspect was taken to a hospital and later pronounced dead. McManus said the gunman had a history of interactions with the police department and possible mental illness.

Maybe, just maybe stop letting nutters have a killing machine as a first step?

I don't know this constitution very well but surely the right to bear arms could include the proviso that certain types of behaviour preclude getting an item that magnifies your ability to slaughter others.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #1762 on: April 16, 2021, 07:55:44 AM »
Fix the mental health crisis, this will be beneficial to everybody in the long run. Obviously this has only gotten worse as people were fired en masse and families put on the street because they couldn't pay rent.

Desperate times cause an influx in angered, deeply saddened and confused people who have lost everything.

Mass shootings are a symptom. You have take the problem out at the root.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 07:57:21 AM by Denspressure »
):

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1763 on: April 16, 2021, 10:43:00 AM »
This is happening so often that I don't even know what to say about it. It's the same thing every time.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1764 on: April 16, 2021, 01:16:54 PM »
Here's some of the latest on the latest:

- Shooter, Brandon Hole, 19.

- “CONFIRMED through family friend and police report. FedEx shooter Brandon Hole was taken via police to hospital on 3/3/20. His mom and sister were there. Police took a pump action shotgun. Report states Hole ‘purchased gun within 24 hours & voiced suicidal ideation.'”
https://heavy.com/news/brandon-hole/

I read somewhere else that he used a .223 rifle of some sort, perhaps of the AR-15 profile, the US preferred mass shooting weapon of choice.

I also read somewhere else I can't find now that he was a former FedEx employee.

More disturbing news: The US has reported at least 45 mass shootings in the last month
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/mass-shootings-45-one-month/index.html

"CNN considers an incident to be a mass shooting if four or more people are shot, wounded, or killed, excluding the gunman; so does the GVA."

Obviously includes gang stuff and other perhaps not lone crazed gunman types. But still. 145 Mass shootings in the US in 4.5 months...???

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #1765 on: April 16, 2021, 01:35:16 PM »
Very sad and depressing, all this suffering.

Short bursts of anger where people snap is a societal issue.

One which no gun control measures enacted virtually anywhere have ever resolved.

You take away peoples guns you just make them allthemore controllable and malleable by government. Consequentially those who fall through the cracks in any society due to mental illness just find other ways to slaughter people. And there is always the black market, which will always exist. In Europe especially there is a thriving illegal gun market that has been getting larger increasingly.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens, not criminals. You also will no longer be able to regulate the market.

I’m not excusing mass shootings/murders, but these happen in every other country too.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 01:42:05 PM by Denspressure »
):

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1766 on: April 16, 2021, 01:56:04 PM »
They don't happen to the same extent as in the US though, there is clearly a big difference
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #1767 on: April 16, 2021, 01:58:03 PM »
4x45 = 180people (minimum)

Good one.

They shut down a vaccine use over 6 people.

They shut down vaping after a dozen or so.

Love how numbers are not to be politiczed

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1768 on: April 16, 2021, 03:00:46 PM »
Very sad and depressing, all this suffering.

Short bursts of anger where people snap is a societal issue.

One which no gun control measures enacted virtually anywhere have ever resolved.

You take away peoples guns you just make them allthemore controllable and malleable by government. Consequentially those who fall through the cracks in any society due to mental illness just find other ways to slaughter people. And there is always the black market, which will always exist. In Europe especially there is a thriving illegal gun market that has been getting larger increasingly.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens, not criminals. You also will no longer be able to regulate the market.

I’m not excusing mass shootings/murders, but these happen in every other country too.

I'm pretty sure the stats indicate the opposite.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1769 on: April 16, 2021, 09:22:23 PM »
Yeah, the US is out of control. Just this chart alone from 2010 is beyond comprehension. And it's only gotten worse I suspect: