Another mass shooting...

• 1756 Replies
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1680 on: March 26, 2021, 03:34:27 AM »
The initial reports from MSM on the Boulder, CO shooting all focused on the fact that police had led a guy, "who looked white," (CNN) out of the supermarket.

?

Eren

« Reply #1681 on: March 26, 2021, 03:42:41 AM »
The initial reports from MSM on the Boulder, CO shooting all focused on the fact that police had led a guy, "who looked white," (CNN) out of the supermarket.

I wonder why they were so concerned with the shooters race?

Lorddave

« Reply #1682 on: March 27, 2021, 03:16:58 AM »

I wonder why they were so concerned with the shooters race?

A very good question. 
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1683 on: March 27, 2021, 10:36:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/cjwerleman/status/1374117636271861763?s=20
The suspected gunman in the Boulder, Colorado mass shooting is a white guy. Seven reported dead!

Cue “mental issues,” “bad day,” “parking dispute,” or anything else other than what he most likely is - a white domestic terrorist.

It was a pretty common take on Twitter when the image of Ahmad al-Issa being led away by police was released. The media and Twitter are completely intertwined.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #1684 on: March 27, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »
Soooo stereotyping is a thing and is your issue that this is what white people are sterotyped as?   Or that the stereotype is correct but the media was worng and jumped the gun?

« Reply #1685 on: March 27, 2021, 11:20:40 PM »
I remember when the press used to focus on the important stuff, like whether the perpetrators played Doom, listened to Marilyn Manson or liked Quentin Tarantino.

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #1686 on: March 28, 2021, 05:48:02 AM »
I remember when the press used to focus on the important stuff, like whether the perpetrators played Doom, listened to Marilyn Manson or liked Quentin Tarantino.

I checked all three boxes. Am I a shooter?  :(
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #1687 on: March 28, 2021, 06:04:12 AM »

I checked all three boxes. Am I a shooter?  :(

Not yet. But your admission has put you on a watch list
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #1688 on: April 08, 2021, 05:05:27 AM »
Here we go again...
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/us/york-county-south-carolina-mass-shooting/index.html
At least five people are dead after what authorities are calling a "case of a mass shooting" at a home in York County, South Carolina.
The victims of the Wednesday evening shooting near Rock Hill included a doctor, his wife and their two grandchildren, the York County Sheriff's Office said in a tweet. The family was "very prominent and very well known" in the county, York County Sheriff spokesman Trent Faris said.
Police were called to the scene following reports of a shooting at 4:45 p.m.

"Dr. Robert Lesslie & his wife, Barbara Lesslie were both found in the home & died as a result of gunshot wounds, as well as their 2 grandchildren. James Lewis of Gastonia, was working at the home & died from gunshot wounds," the sheriff's office said.

The grandchildren were ages 5 and 9, according to the York County Coroner's Office.

« Reply #1689 on: April 08, 2021, 05:11:58 AM »
That sucks.

But
But
In terms of "mass"
Wiping a family off the face of the earth is on the same level as indescriminately killing at a mall school fair ground?

not saying gun control against a person of violence or dom abuse shouldnt be a thing.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #1690 on: April 08, 2021, 05:30:41 AM »
That sucks.
Indeed it does :(

But
But
In terms of "mass"
Wiping a family off the face of the earth is on the same level as indescriminately killing at a mall school fair ground?
Show me where I said that.

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #1691 on: April 08, 2021, 05:34:59 AM »
Unfortunately, I think mass shootings will increase -- yes, somehow increase more than they already were in this whack country -- due to the strife caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Lots of people are struggling and lots of people are scared and lots of people are pissed.

Frustration, fear, and anger are naturally going to lead to more shooting incidents...
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

« Reply #1692 on: April 08, 2021, 05:37:40 AM »
That sucks.

But
But
In terms of "mass"

No
Not that you said it.
But is it a mass shootings?
They havent been personal.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #1693 on: April 08, 2021, 05:44:39 AM »
That sucks.

But
But
In terms of "mass"

No
Not that you said it.
But is it a mass shootings?
They havent been personal.
At least five people are dead after what authorities are calling a "case of a mass shooting" at a home in York County, South Carolina.
Seems it is being considered a mass shooting, yes.

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #1694 on: April 08, 2021, 06:10:47 AM »
A mass shooting is defined as three or more people being killed in an incident of gun violence.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #1695 on: April 08, 2021, 06:25:59 AM »
A mass shooting is defined as three or more people being killed in an incident of gun violence.

I think there are a few caviets.

If it was done as part of a gang warfare, not a mass shooting event

Also, if a family member blows away his family, no matter how many, it's not a 'mass shooting'

At least in terms of the legal definition.
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1696 on: April 08, 2021, 07:45:21 AM »
Unfortunately, I think mass shootings will increase -- yes, somehow increase more than they already were in this whack country -- due to the strife caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Lots of people are struggling and lots of people are scared and lots of people are pissed.

Frustration, fear, and anger are naturally going to lead to more shooting incidents...

Plus so many people bought more guns in the past year, and enough ammo to fight a zombie apocalypse. It's like they're all just waiting for the chance.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1697 on: April 08, 2021, 08:41:18 AM »

And of course, having lots of guns. You can't shoot someone no matter how angry you are if you're not holding a gun.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #1698 on: April 08, 2021, 02:41:41 PM »
And again
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/04/08/active-police-situation-at-bryan-business/
BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - Police confirm multiple people were shot during an incident Thursday afternoon at Kent Moore Cabinets in Bryan. The suspect in that shooting remains at large and an active manhunt is underway.

There is still an active police situation off FM 2818 at Stone City Drive as law enforcement responds to the scene. Sources tell KBTX that more than six people were injured, and several are in critical condition.

Fucking shit, I wish people would stop doing this. It's going to start reflecting poorly on America sooner or later.

« Reply #1699 on: April 08, 2021, 02:51:33 PM »
Ill jump the gun and say disgruntled employee

FE4

• Варшавский договор
« Reply #1700 on: April 08, 2021, 03:24:15 PM »
we are having shootings in oregon right now,wish me luck so i dont become a victum
Варшавский договор
WARSAW PACT

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #1701 on: April 09, 2021, 04:00:40 AM »
And again
BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - Police confirm multiple people were shot during an incident Thursday afternoon at Kent Moore Cabinets in Bryan. The suspect in that shooting remains at large and an active manhunt is underway.

There is still an active police situation off FM 2818 at Stone City Drive as law enforcement responds to the scene. Sources tell KBTX that more than six people were injured, and several are in critical condition.

Fucking shit, I wish people would stop doing this. It's going to start reflecting poorly on America sooner or later.

Start? Started long time ago.  Mass shootings don't surprise foreigners... we just don't understand why nothing is done to stop it.
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #1702 on: April 09, 2021, 08:25:14 AM »
And again

Start? Started long time ago.  Mass shootings don't surprise foreigners... we just don't understand why nothing is done to stop it.

Doing nothing?  We're very quick to offer thoughts and prayers.  They're just not all that effective. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #1703 on: April 09, 2021, 08:47:15 AM »
And of course, having lots of guns. You can't shoot someone no matter how angry you are if you're not holding a gun.

I'm honestly indifferent towards gun ownership. I don't own a gun and I don't want to. I don't care if you do.

I'm very neutral about this one because I think it's a very, very complex issue that doesn't simply boil down to "guns = bad" or "muh freedoms!"

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #1704 on: April 09, 2021, 09:03:36 AM »
I guess I should have used the green text trick.

« Reply #1705 on: April 09, 2021, 10:55:57 AM »

I'm honestly indifferent towards gun ownership. I don't own a gun and I don't want to. I don't care if you do.

I'm very neutral about this one because I think it's a very, very complex issue that doesn't simply boil down to "guns = bad" or "muh freedoms!"

Would you care if your neighbour was a crazy person and had lots of guns?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1706 on: April 09, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »

I don't think it's very complex at all, in fact is is very simple.  More guns means more shootings.  Intentional and accidental.  The stats bear this out, from homicides to accidental shootings to suicides by guns. 

Give every American a box of grenades and I can guarantee death by grenade is going to go up very, very fast.

It's not a value judgment on if guns are evil or not, it's just a matter of lots of them means lots more opportunities for them to be used and misused.  Countries with lots of cars have more pedestrian deaths too.

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #1707 on: April 10, 2021, 05:48:33 AM »
By that logic, we should ban cars, right? In societies with lots of cars like the U.S., there are a lot of car accidents.

Not to mention all the people that don't wear seatbelts, speed, drive intoxicated (i.e., alcohol, marijuana, etc.), etc.

Oh, and we should ban spoons while we're at it. They make people fat. ::)

Look, when I say I don't really care about gun ownership, I mean I really don't care. I want people to be able to own them though. People like you and me to whom it has never occurred to shoot someone shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of others' actions.

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #1708 on: April 10, 2021, 05:50:03 AM »
Would you care if your neighbour was a crazy person and had lots of guns?

Dude, I live in the American Midwest. My neighbors are crazy person who own a lot of guns.

They're cool. I've never had any issues getting along with any of them.

« Reply #1709 on: April 10, 2021, 07:11:03 AM »
They're cool. I've never had any issues getting along with any of them.
Probably for the best.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.