Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1470 on: August 12, 2019, 05:46:40 AM »
Then what do you all consider heavily armed vs armed?
If he had, say, a pistol and no body armor that's "armed".

So a pistol + body armor = heavily armed?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1471 on: August 12, 2019, 05:56:39 AM »

People who are more armed than me are heavily armed, those who are less armed than me consider me  heavily armed.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #1472 on: August 12, 2019, 02:13:01 PM »
If he had, say, a pistol and no body armor that's "armed".

So a pistol + body armor = heavily armed?
I don't understand why you are making such a big and complicated issue out of this.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #1473 on: August 12, 2019, 02:30:23 PM »

People who are more armed than me are heavily armed, those who are less armed than me consider me  heavily armed.
And I consider you a retard, independent of how armed you are!
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #1474 on: August 13, 2019, 12:18:15 PM »

This...

On another note, dispute sent me this.

Shout out to the brave people that stopped him.

So does this mean Australia needs to ban assault knives next? France still hasn't banned cars.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1475 on: August 13, 2019, 12:27:57 PM »
When somebody can stab 100 people in less than a minute then we can discuss the logic in banning knives.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1476 on: August 13, 2019, 12:35:23 PM »
When somebody can stab 100 people in less than a minute then we can discuss the logic in banning knives.

How many people would be have stabbed if the brave men didn't stop him?

#goodguywithacrate

« Reply #1477 on: August 13, 2019, 02:43:00 PM »
So does this mean Australia needs to ban assault knives next?
Yeah, as soon as all the world's armies decide that knives are more effective at killing people than guns.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #1478 on: August 13, 2019, 04:09:55 PM »
If you can stab 30-50 feral hogs in 3-5 minutes then who needs guns?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1479 on: August 14, 2019, 01:28:46 AM »
Quote from: Some reactionary
So does this mean Australia needs to ban assault knives next? France still hasn't banned cars.

This is the worst type of deflection and frankly so badly argued you’d think he was trolling if you hadn’t read some of the other stuff he puts. Let’s walk you through it.

There are countless objects in and around your house that a maniac could kill someone with (think cluedo), candlesticks don’t kill people, colonel Mustard kills people, however what the colonel couldn’t do is take out lots of people with his candlestick from a hotel window, or indeed prevent the heroes armed with chairs and crates from overpowering him by mowing them down at a distance, knives and candlesticks are not designed for that, guns, especially semiautomatics, are, and serve no other purpose having been designed to kill, not hold candles or carve meat.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:58:50 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1480 on: August 14, 2019, 10:59:12 AM »
To me this is all just damage mitigation. If the same mindset we used to reduce drunk driving deaths were used to reduce firearm deaths I think we'd see a lot of progress.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1481 on: August 14, 2019, 11:16:26 AM »
To me this is all just damage mitigation. If the same mindset we used to reduce drunk driving deaths were used to reduce firearm deaths I think we'd see a lot of progress.

Falling short of repealing the second amendment, what can we do to stop gun violence? Stronger background checks could help, although we see half-assed checks now. Limiting magazine size could also help. If someone had an AR-15 with multiple magazines instead of one large drum, the reload time would give people time to run and time for the officers to neutralize the person. Banning "assault" type weapons. It seems that everyone has their own definition of what an assault weapon is, so until we decide what constitutes an assault-type weapon, that if left on the back burner.

We also need to get back to teaching our kids(and adults) to respect the sanctity of life.

Maybe a crackdown on gun dealers who don't follow the law.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:28:16 AM by The Real Celine Dion »
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1482 on: August 14, 2019, 12:05:04 PM »
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-gun-stolen-sex-orgy-masked-masks-20190808-bdkr4kswaffnxl2gccwcuiphxy-story.html
Who was that masked man?

Cops in eastern Florida are not optimistic about finding a handgun that was stolen during a three-day orgy in Volusia County, where the swingers in attendance all wore masks.

"We’re probably not going to solve this one,” Volusia County Sgt. Todd Smith said Thursday, according to the Daytona Beach News Journal. He also said identifying the thief by DNA "is not going to be an option.”

Roughly 20 people attended last weekend’s sex party, where a 9-mm. Glock went missing from a bed stand in the master bedroom at some point.

Complicating matters further, participants at the sordid soiree were encouraged to use aliases. The unidentified host, who reported his pistol missing, only knew a handful of people who passed through his home during the erotic event, according to the report.

The sheriff’s office said the party had been promoted on social media. They also claim gun theft in the area is on the rise and that 81 firearms have been swiped from unlocked cars so far this year.

We definitely need to crack down on gun stealing anonymous orgy participants.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #1483 on: August 14, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »

I want to know where they concealed it, actually I don't.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1484 on: August 14, 2019, 04:47:49 PM »

Falling short of repealing the second amendment, what can we do to stop gun violence? Stronger background checks could help, although we see half-assed checks now. Limiting magazine size could also help. If someone had an AR-15 with multiple magazines instead of one large drum, the reload time would give people time to run and time for the officers to neutralize the person. Banning "assault" type weapons. It seems that everyone has their own definition of what an assault weapon is, so until we decide what constitutes an assault-type weapon, that if left on the back burner.

We also need to get back to teaching our kids(and adults) to respect the sanctity of life.

Maybe a crackdown on gun dealers who don't follow the law.

It comes down to a lot of little things, a lot of trial and error done by nerds staring at statistics and coming up with new things to try.  It's actually one of the things our government is good at.  The problem is we have this extremist organization, the NRA, which fights anything that remotely looks like gun control without exception.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #1485 on: August 15, 2019, 01:23:52 AM »
It is insane the amount of control that the NRA has.

After a CDC-funded study in the New England Journal of Medicine was published (1993), that found that firearms kept at home increased the risk of homicide by someone in the household, rather than offering protection, they (NRA) hijacked the system via Jay Dickey to prevent the CDC from doing any research on gun violence, at all.

So, to find out where the problems are and offer solutions is pretty much impossible as the gun sellers have stymied any inquiry by labelling it “anti-gun propaganda” and throwing millions of dollars in lobbying and political contributions (bribes) to keep it suppressed, while 90 odd Americans are killed by guns every day. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199310073291506
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 04:57:06 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

« Reply #1486 on: August 15, 2019, 03:18:40 AM »
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-gun-stolen-sex-orgy-masked-masks-20190808-bdkr4kswaffnxl2gccwcuiphxy-story.html
Who was that masked man?

Cops in eastern Florida are not optimistic about finding a handgun that was stolen during a three-day orgy in Volusia County, where the swingers in attendance all wore masks.

"We’re probably not going to solve this one,” Volusia County Sgt. Todd Smith said Thursday, according to the Daytona Beach News Journal. He also said identifying the thief by DNA "is not going to be an option.”

Roughly 20 people attended last weekend’s sex party, where a 9-mm. Glock went missing from a bed stand in the master bedroom at some point.

Complicating matters further, participants at the sordid soiree were encouraged to use aliases. The unidentified host, who reported his pistol missing, only knew a handful of people who passed through his home during the erotic event, according to the report.

The sheriff’s office said the party had been promoted on social media. They also claim gun theft in the area is on the rise and that 81 firearms have been swiped from unlocked cars so far this year.

We definitely need to crack down on gun stealing anonymous orgy participants.

"Sordid Soiree" would be a great band name.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1487 on: August 23, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »
We got told after the time when some guy mowed down over 50 people enjoying a concert from a high rise building that 'its not the time to talk about gun control'

OK. It's been a while. Can we talk about it yet? Or do we still have to wait

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #1488 on: August 23, 2019, 03:53:54 PM »
We got told after the time when some guy mowed down over 50 people enjoying a concert from a high rise building that 'its not the time to talk about gun control'

There was another mass shooting recently. Probably best to wait a little longer.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1489 on: August 23, 2019, 04:08:30 PM »

There was another mass shooting recently. Probably best to wait a little longer.

Oh okay  :'(

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1490 on: August 31, 2019, 04:33:23 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/31/us/odessa-shootings.html

At Least 5 Dead and Up to 20 Injured in Shootings Near Odessa, Tex.

Officials said the attack started as a traffic stop.

HOUSTON — At least five people were killed and 21 others injured in shootings near the West Texas cities of Odessa and Midland on Saturday, as one or two gunmen in a hijacked postal van and a pickup truck opened fire on residents, motorists and shoppers, the authorities said.

The two attacks in the two cities terrified a region with a combined population of 263,000 at the start of Labor Day weekend. Police officers and state troopers tried to keep drivers off the highways.

Chief Michael Gerke of the Odessa Police Department said at a news conference on Saturday evening that the gunman, a white male in his mid-30s, was dead, and that three law enforcement were shot. He did not give a motive, but said that the attack began as a traffic stop.

Another one.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1491 on: August 31, 2019, 05:10:51 PM »
Texas is a pretty violent place it seems.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1492 on: August 31, 2019, 05:16:12 PM »
Texas is a pretty violent place it seems.

Don't let this give you a bad impression of Texas.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1493 on: August 31, 2019, 05:40:27 PM »
Domestic terrorism. Time to call this barbaric shit for what it is. Time for some propaganda. Let these people forever be branded and remembered as terrorists little different to the pieces of shit who shoot and blow themselves up in the Middle East.

This shooting shit is a cancer on America and so called 'leader' of the free world. You want to know freedom? Being able to go about your day and not get shot at.

A baby was shot in the face FFS. This is the 'cost' of the 2nd amendment which has been bastardized so much to suit your gun lobby NRA.

NRA = Enemy of America

Know your place

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1494 on: August 31, 2019, 06:34:23 PM »
Domestic terrorism. Time to call this barbaric shit for what it is. Time for some propaganda. Let these people forever be branded and remembered as terrorists little different to the pieces of shit who shoot and blow themselves up in the Middle East.

This shooting shit is a cancer on America and so called 'leader' of the free world. You want to know freedom? Being able to go about your day and not get shot at.

A baby was shot in the face FFS. This is the 'cost' of the 2nd amendment which has been bastardized so much to suit your gun lobby NRA.

NRA = Enemy of America

Ok....call them terrorist....great, I am fine with that, it's an accurate description.

Then what?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1495 on: August 31, 2019, 06:58:12 PM »
To be fair we don't know much about this guys motive yet.  So its premature to call him a terrorist.

Also it looks like there was just one shooter in this incident.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1496 on: August 31, 2019, 07:04:11 PM »
To be fair we don't know much about this guys motive yet.  So its premature to call him a terrorist.

I think anytime someone mows down a bunch of people with bullets no matter the reason they should be considered a terrorist

Lorddave

« Reply #1497 on: August 31, 2019, 07:08:52 PM »

I think anytime someone mows down a bunch of people with bullets no matter the reason they should be considered a terrorist

Sadly, no, they aren't.
A terrorist has a goal when they mow down people.  Some reason to make people afraid.
This is just a random ass killing. 

Also: I thought more guns = safer?  Where was the civillian with a gun to stop this?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1498 on: September 01, 2019, 12:10:47 AM »
Terrorism was given a narrow definition that meant it could be applied to religious fanatics. But let's call a spade a spade. This loser wasn't out to give people warm fuzzy feelings.

You would think so guy like Trump obsessed about America being the greatest would see this issue alone makes America far from the envy from the rest of the world. Your kindergartners learn how to protect themselves from shooters. What does that ultimately teach them about their fellow man?  Your schools have high security, metal detectors etc and still not enough to protect kids from some incel that got rejected from his crush. Our kids actually get on with learning. And being kids.

Once you call these people terrorists, maybe that will get people to think how they want to be remembered? Or call the NRA out by association every time they want to block any move to curb this shit from taking place.

I can't write it all down but in the 1950s and before there was no such thing as EVERYONE having the right to a gun or 20+ etc (let alone military weapons). I believe the amendment was originally intended that local militias could have them. Your NRA hijacked it over time to what it is now and it has frankly made America far more dangerous.

Know your place

Lorddave

« Reply #1499 on: September 01, 2019, 12:44:58 AM »
Just because you want to kill, doesn't make you a terrorist. 
If I kill 20 women one at a time, am I a terrorist or a serial killer?