Another mass shooting...

• 1594 Replies

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1440 on: August 10, 2019, 07:38:29 AM »
Don't you think it's interesting that the big media channels try to keep us against each other? Like making it seem that the movie was liberals hunting Trump supporters, or CNN trying to make us mad at Walmart for taking their game displays down. They all try to make the "other side" seem hypocritical, and they all deceive us. The more outraged we are, the more we tune in.

But that movie IS liberals hunting Trump supporters. Even in the script they call the Trumpers "deplorables".
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #1441 on: August 10, 2019, 07:50:59 AM »
Don't you think it's interesting that the big media channels try to keep us against each other? Like making it seem that the movie was liberals hunting Trump supporters, or CNN trying to make us mad at Walmart for taking their game displays down. They all try to make the "other side" seem hypocritical, and they all deceive us. The more outraged we are, the more we tune in.

But that movie IS liberals hunting Trump supporters. Even in the script they call the Trumpers "deplorables".
If that is the case, then trumpers are clearly the good guys so idk why y'all are whining.
It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Who wants to be a firefly and who wants to be a blue whale?
-Sceptimatic

Please do not jizz to win an argument.
-Crutonius

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from.
-Inty (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1442 on: August 10, 2019, 07:54:13 AM »

If that is the case, then trumpers are clearly the good guys so idk why y'all are whining.

I was just being facetious about that bit, because whichever side is hunting the other there would be outrage. The original point is that NBC Universal is promoting this movie(involving guns and killing) while simultaneously promoting gun control and the like. Especially after the two recent mass shootings and the movie's political undertones.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:56:48 AM by The Real Celine Dion »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1443 on: August 10, 2019, 08:04:20 AM »
The only thing these media companies care about is profit.

I see all these conservative talking heads calling this movie a liberal fantasy, but if that was the case the liberals would defeat the deplorables. This seems much more like a conservative fantasy, where they are the oppressed, they rise up, and they overcome the evil liberals.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1444 on: August 10, 2019, 08:05:37 AM »
Thank the lord it isn't straights hunting gays, now that would cause some drama lol.

Or whites hunting blacks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:09:44 AM by The Real Celine Dion »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1445 on: August 10, 2019, 08:09:55 AM »
True fact.

I just read a Fox article about the movie. Universal Pictures have paused the marketing campaign for the movie. Don't know how much good that's going to do, the right wing press are doing the marketing for them. Here we are, talking about a movie I never heard of until yesterday!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1446 on: August 10, 2019, 08:12:40 AM »
True fact.

I just read a Fox article about the movie. Universal Pictures have paused the marketing campaign for the movie. Don't know how much good that's going to do, the right wing press are doing the marketing for them. Here we are, talking about a movie I never heard of until yesterday!

I've only saw the commercial for it the other day. And that article came up on my homepage.

Lorddave

« Reply #1447 on: August 10, 2019, 10:14:57 AM »

I was just being facetious about that bit, because whichever side is hunting the other there would be outrage. The original point is that NBC Universal is promoting this movie(involving guns and killing) while simultaneously promoting gun control and the like. Especially after the two recent mass shootings and the movie's political undertones.

In fairness, business plans that are made months in advanced, do not stop because of mass shootings.  Also, you can make movies with guns while your company supports gun restrictions.  Its a movie, not a political statement.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1448 on: August 10, 2019, 10:21:19 AM »
Hollywood(and liberals) want to infringe on the second amendment, so I wonder what would happen if Hollywood would not be allowed to have any guns in any of their movies? I wonder if they would accept their first amendment rights being infringed upon.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1449 on: August 10, 2019, 10:46:15 AM »
How can "Hollywood" infringe on the second amendment? It seems to me Hollywood loves guns. I think you are mixing up liberal actors with the corporations who hire them to act in movies.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1450 on: August 10, 2019, 11:12:59 AM »
Thank the lord it isn't straights hunting gays, now that would cause some drama lol.

Or whites hunting blacks.
Um. That was almost the exact premise of Get Out. I must have missed the outrage.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #1451 on: August 10, 2019, 11:17:45 AM »
Hollywood(and liberals) want to infringe on the second amendment, so I wonder what would happen if Hollywood would not be allowed to have any guns in any of their movies? I wonder if they would accept their first amendment rights being infringed upon.

LOL what? You know movies don't typically use live firearms, right? This is just going from bad to worse.

Also if someone is not allowed to detonate a real nuke for their movie, or kill someone, this is not an infringement on their first amendment rights, that's such a confused interpretation.

And please stop pretending like it is somehow hypocritical to have guns in your movie if you support gun control. Again, it's like saying having murder in your movie makes you a hypocrite if you think murder should be illegal. It's so silly.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 11:19:40 AM by Pezevenk »
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1452 on: August 10, 2019, 12:02:52 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/456962-studio-says-it-will-cancel-release-of-the-hunt-after-backlash

Universal Pictures says it is canceling the release of "The Hunt" following intense backlash from conservatives and President Trump over the politically charged violence depicted in the purported satire.

"While Universal Pictures had already paused the marketing campaign for 'The Hunt,' after thoughtful consideration, the studio has decided to cancel our plans to release the film," a Universal Pictures spokesperson told The Hill in a statement.

"We stand by our filmmakers and will continue to distribute films in partnership with bold and visionary creators, like those associated with this satirical social thriller, but we understand that now is not the right time to release this film."

Alright, everyone can put away the smelling salts.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1453 on: August 10, 2019, 12:05:10 PM »
This is fucking bizarre.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1454 on: August 10, 2019, 12:10:00 PM »
AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! We are in the weirdest timeline.

Lorddave

« Reply #1455 on: August 10, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »

Yeah.... You're putting all actors (liberal and not) and directors (liberal and not) into one pot with producers and studios.  Now yes, I know Universal Studios is a person in the eyes of the law, but the Hollywood industry is not.  So please, don't lump everyone into an easy to hate category.  Its done enough already.

Lorddave

« Reply #1456 on: August 10, 2019, 02:53:44 PM »
Also:
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/09/749763786/rifle-carrying-man-arrested-after-causing-panic-at-walmart-in-missouri

"I wanted to know if that Walmart honored the 2nd Amendment," he is quoted as saying in a police statement. He also said he did not expect people in Missouri to react they way they did. "I understand if we were somewhere else like New York or California, people would freak out."

So... apparently in Missouri, if you have a gun and walk into a walmart, people get scared.  Funny, huh?

Pezevenk

« Reply #1457 on: August 12, 2019, 12:56:36 AM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/norway-mosque-shooting-attack-latest-gunman-worshipper-man-hero-far-right-terror-a9051986.html

Some incredible 65 year old badass took down some fascist nut who tried to shoot up a mosque in Norway who was armed to the teeth, and he didn't even have a weapon.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #1458 on: August 12, 2019, 01:10:38 AM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/norway-mosque-shooting-attack-latest-gunman-worshipper-man-hero-far-right-terror-a9051986.html

Some incredible 65 year old badass took down some fascist nut who tried to shoot up a mosque in Norway who was armed to the teeth, and he didn't even have a weapon.

Wooooow!  :o
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Lorddave

« Reply #1459 on: August 12, 2019, 02:19:54 AM »

Not far from where I live. (Like hour drive)

And only pistols and shotguns.  So no ARs.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #1460 on: August 12, 2019, 03:32:00 AM »

Right, pistols and shotguns don't hurt. It's the angry guns that attack people.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:34:39 AM by Bullwinkle »
FE can't be disproved.

Lorddave

« Reply #1461 on: August 12, 2019, 03:46:13 AM »

More like I wouldn't call it heavily armed.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #1462 on: August 12, 2019, 03:55:07 AM »

Until you get shot in the balls?
FE can't be disproved.

Lorddave

« Reply #1463 on: August 12, 2019, 04:07:28 AM »

Not even then.  I mean, its armed sure. But he's not gonna have a 3 hour shootout with cops or mow down 20 people in a minute.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #1464 on: August 12, 2019, 04:13:18 AM »

Not even then.  I mean, its armed sure. But he's not gonna have a 3 hour shootout with cops or mow down 20 people in a minute.

Your ignorance of items like clips or even speed-loaders is so quaint.
FE can't be disproved.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1465 on: August 12, 2019, 04:19:27 AM »

Dude with 3 firearms and body armor isn't heavily armed? You can do a lot of damage in a closed space with a shotgun. Luckily there weren't many people inside when he got in.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 04:21:07 AM by Pezevenk »
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1466 on: August 12, 2019, 04:20:55 AM »

Dude with 3 weapons and body armor isn't heavily armed?

Not evidently while shopping in the San Diego Walmart.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1467 on: August 12, 2019, 04:23:50 AM »

Dude with 3 weapons and body armor isn't heavily armed?

Not evidently while shopping in the San Diego Walmart.
Seriously though, this bullshit is criminal, that idiot was trying to normalize people walking armed to the teeth in public, populated spaces without anyone caring, the only thing that this does is make the job of the next shooter much easier. Luckilly he failed. That is, if his account was true and he didn't actually want to shoot anyone before chickening out.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Lorddave

« Reply #1468 on: August 12, 2019, 04:29:30 AM »
Then what do you all consider heavily armed vs armed?

Pezevenk

« Reply #1469 on: August 12, 2019, 05:43:20 AM »
Then what do you all consider heavily armed vs armed?
If he had, say, a pistol and no body armor that's "armed".
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)