Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1380 on: August 08, 2019, 03:50:30 PM »
Most of the people he has on are his comedian friends, and they talk about sports. I would not be surprised if he tries to get more "diverse" people on but they are too snowflaky to come on the show.
I mentioned earlier that I know leftists who have said they tried to get there but were ignored or rejected. It's not because they don't want to get up there, it's because he doesn't accept them, probably because it will piss off a big part of his fanbase, which is largely of a specific political orientation. I don't remember who all of them were. I remember for sure the hosts of Chapo Trap House tried to get one of them on JRE, not sure how it ended up exactly but it didn't happen.

He's had lefties on before, but maybe he doesn't know what tf Chapo Trap House is. I'm sure they'd love to get on JRE for exposure, but do they have anything interesting to say?

Oh, lol https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/chapo-trap-house-subreddit-quarantine/
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:53:27 PM by Space Cowgirl »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1381 on: August 08, 2019, 04:01:52 PM »
I could only kill two.   ::)
I could kill 30-50 feral bots in 3-5 minutes if you made me a mod.

The rules clearly state no Greeks allowed as mods.

I believe pez is officially a Macedonian now.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1382 on: August 08, 2019, 10:29:39 PM »
https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Heavy-police-presence-at-Walmart-Neighborhood-Market-in-south-Springfield-528602951.html

I feel like he was being stupid and just trying to open carry.

The media isn’t helping though.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #1383 on: August 08, 2019, 11:42:28 PM »
Interesting, I saw a list of all the mass shooters (shooting 4 or more people) and out of them it was surprising white men were the minority.

There was even 5 women on it which really surprised me.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

« Reply #1384 on: August 09, 2019, 01:04:31 AM »
Interesting, I saw a list of all the mass shooters (shooting 4 or more people) and out of them it was surprising white men were the minority.

Interesting, where is your list? I found this list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b9o6uDO18sLxBqPwl_Gh9bnhW-ev_dABH83M5Vb5L8o/edit#gid=0 and from 114 Mass Shooting incidents there were 46 non-whites (Asian, Black, Latino, Native American, Others)....so the majority was white.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #1385 on: August 09, 2019, 02:08:32 AM »

So you could do a little or a lot in a random amount of time?

You are a Super Hero.   ;D
It's a reference to this:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/future-perfect/2019/8/6/20756162/30-to-50-feral-hogs-meme-assault-weapons-guns-kids
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1386 on: August 09, 2019, 07:01:46 AM »

So you could do a little or a lot in a random amount of time?

You are a Super Hero.   ;D
It's a reference to this:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/future-perfect/2019/8/6/20756162/30-to-50-feral-hogs-meme-assault-weapons-guns-kids

Good god they went deep with that one.

Honestly I'm seeing a case for more firepower not less. I think I need a trebuchet to fight all those wild hogs.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1387 on: August 09, 2019, 07:33:17 AM »

Interesting, where is your list? I found this list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b9o6uDO18sLxBqPwl_Gh9bnhW-ev_dABH83M5Vb5L8o/edit#gid=0 and from 114 Mass Shooting incidents there were 46 non-whites (Asian, Black, Latino, Native American, Others)....so the majority was white.

There was an article I read the other day, published by a conservative think tank, that makes this claim (that white men are the minority). I can't remember the name of the think tank... okay I just searched through my browser history and found the article https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/274538/51-mass-shooters-2019-were-black-only-29-were-daniel-greenfield  Basically "gang shootings" are not reported by the media as "mass shootings" even when one shooter kills more than 4 people. (I did not fact check this article, and I'm not claiming it is accurate or inaccurate)
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1388 on: August 09, 2019, 07:43:43 AM »
Seems like it could be plausible.  Gang wars and such.  Don't know if gang wars are still a thing.

Although one could argue that a gang war falls under a different category of violence than an attack on a bunch of random people that don't have anything to do with the attacker.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1389 on: August 09, 2019, 07:59:56 AM »
Seems like it could be plausible.  Gang wars and such.  Don't know if gang wars are still a thing.

Although one could argue that a gang war falls under a different category of violence than an attack on a bunch of random people that don't have anything to do with the attacker.
It is a much different phenomenon. Very few white people are in gangs, but so far I haven't heard of a single school shooter/mall shooter who wasn't a white dude. Is it really a "mass shooting" if there are specific designated targets in some alley like gang shootouts?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 08:02:52 AM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1390 on: August 09, 2019, 08:13:35 AM »
Yes, I agree it's a different phenomenon. Gang shootings have a target, even though they kill bystanders too. Mass shooters are usually more indiscriminate in their victims, like the guy who shot up the concert goers in Vegas. Just spraying bullets into a crowd. Of course this isn't always true for all the shootings. The El Paso shooter wanted to kill Mexicans and went somewhere he could find Mexicans.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1391 on: August 09, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »
Yes, I agree it's a different phenomenon. Gang shootings have a target, even though they kill bystanders too. Mass shooters are usually more indiscriminate in their victims, like the guy who shot up the concert goers in Vegas. Just spraying bullets into a crowd. Of course this isn't always true for all the shootings. The El Paso shooter wanted to kill Mexicans and went somewhere he could find Mexicans.
Sure, but it's still "Mexicans" in general, and not some other gang. That's what is so weird about these things. Though I think there is two kinds, the El Paso style people who classify more as terrorism than anything, and the incels who shoot up schools or malls for mysterious reasons.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1392 on: August 09, 2019, 08:47:17 AM »
Yeah, I agree. There's more than one type of mass shooter.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1393 on: August 09, 2019, 12:20:00 PM »
https://www.apnews.com/456c0154218a4d378e2fb36cd40b709d

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — The man accused of carrying out last weekend’s deadly mass shooting at Walmart in the Texas border city of El Paso confessed to officers while he was surrendering and later explained that he had been targeting Mexicans.

Patrick Crusius, 21, emerged with his hands up from a vehicle that was stopped at an intersection shortly after last Saturday’s attack and told officers, “I’m the shooter,” Detective Adrian Garcia said in an arrest warrant affidavit.

Crusius later waived his Miranda Rights and agreed to speak with detectives, telling them that he had driven to El Paso from the Dallas suburb of Allen — which is where he lived and is a more than 10-hour drive from El Paso — and that he was targeting Mexicans in the attack.

Twenty-two people were killed and about two dozen others were wounded in the attack. Many of the dead had Latino last names and eight of them were Mexican nationals.

Authorities believe Crusius posted a racist online screed that railed against an influx of Hispanics into the U.S. shortly before the attack.

Crusius has been charged with capital murder and is being held without bond. Federal prosecutors have said they are also considering hate-crime charges.

Hours after the attack in El Paso, a gunman killed nine people and wounded many others in Dayton, Ohio.

El Paso sits on the border with Mexico and has a large Latino population.

I don't think this one will be able to use mental illness as a defense.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1394 on: August 09, 2019, 12:34:26 PM »
https://www.apnews.com/456c0154218a4d378e2fb36cd40b709d

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — The man accused of carrying out last weekend’s deadly mass shooting at Walmart in the Texas border city of El Paso confessed to officers while he was surrendering and later explained that he had been targeting Mexicans.

Patrick Crusius, 21, emerged with his hands up from a vehicle that was stopped at an intersection shortly after last Saturday’s attack and told officers, “I’m the shooter,” Detective Adrian Garcia said in an arrest warrant affidavit.

Crusius later waived his Miranda Rights and agreed to speak with detectives, telling them that he had driven to El Paso from the Dallas suburb of Allen — which is where he lived and is a more than 10-hour drive from El Paso — and that he was targeting Mexicans in the attack.

Twenty-two people were killed and about two dozen others were wounded in the attack. Many of the dead had Latino last names and eight of them were Mexican nationals.

Authorities believe Crusius posted a racist online screed that railed against an influx of Hispanics into the U.S. shortly before the attack.

Crusius has been charged with capital murder and is being held without bond. Federal prosecutors have said they are also considering hate-crime charges.

Hours after the attack in El Paso, a gunman killed nine people and wounded many others in Dayton, Ohio.

El Paso sits on the border with Mexico and has a large Latino population.

I don't think this one will be able to use mental illness as a defense.

But how do you differentiate between someone just spouting racist nonsense with no harmful intentions from someone with harmful intentions? Especially when they have no prior police record or red flags(besides racism, of course)?
You just got Weskered, bitches!

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1396 on: August 09, 2019, 01:13:12 PM »

But how do you differentiate between someone just spouting racist nonsense with no harmful intentions from someone with harmful intentions? Especially when they have no prior police record or red flags(besides racism, of course)?

That's the big question, isn't it? I think most of the shooters in recent years would have passed background checks (maybe not all of them, I can't remember them all). It's not illegal to be racist or spout racist crap.

I was talking about his defense, anyway. He plotted this, and new what he was doing. Nothing will stop him claiming mental illness, but it won't help him.

Hunt sounds like a shittier version of Hunger Games.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1397 on: August 09, 2019, 01:34:58 PM »

That's the big question, isn't it? I think most of the shooters in recent years would have passed background checks (maybe not all of them, I can't remember them all). It's not illegal to be racist or spout racist crap.

I was talking about his defense, anyway. He plotted this, and new what he was doing. Nothing will stop him claiming mental illness, but it won't help him.

Hunt sounds like a shittier version of Hunger Games.

Seems more to me a liberal version of The Most Dangerous Game.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1398 on: August 09, 2019, 01:38:22 PM »
Why do you think it's liberal?  lol

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1399 on: August 09, 2019, 01:40:11 PM »
Why do you think it's liberal?  lol

Leftist elites rounding up Trump supporters to hunt them in some sick game?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1400 on: August 09, 2019, 01:57:53 PM »
Oh, well I missed that it was Trump supporters they were hunting. The movie sounds even stupider.

On this same trend...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/business/walmart-violent-video-games/index.html

Walmart pulls violent video game displays from its stores, but it will still sell guns

New York (CNN Business)Walmart is taking down displays of violent video games in its stores in the wake of recent shootings. But the company plans to still sell the controversial video games -- and guns.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1401 on: August 09, 2019, 02:04:04 PM »
Oh, well I missed that it was Trump supporters they were hunting. The movie sounds even stupider.

On this same trend...

Walmart pulls violent video game displays from its stores, but it will still sell guns

New York (CNN Business)Walmart is taking down displays of violent video games in its stores in the wake of recent shootings. But the company plans to still sell the controversial video games -- and guns.

I've played violent video games my whole life and I have no inclination to go hurt, shoot, stab, or kill people.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1402 on: August 09, 2019, 02:04:55 PM »

On this same trend...

They turned off the video ads because of the gun sounds.
They don't want customers to mistake the game noise for an actual shooting event.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1403 on: August 09, 2019, 02:06:04 PM »
That was in the article I linked to.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1404 on: August 09, 2019, 02:09:36 PM »
Can you just imagine if some conservative movie maker(if one even exists) made a movie about Trump supporters rounding up Elizabeth Warren or AOC or Bernie supporters and hunting them like animals? It would be the end of the world.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1405 on: August 09, 2019, 02:15:57 PM »

Did you watch the trailer? I hadn't heard of this movie until you posted about it, but I just watched the trailer and they did not mention Trump supporters at all. Also, it looks like the ones being hunted are the bad asses of the movie and end up kicking ass and taking names.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1406 on: August 09, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
But you chose to quote this part . . .

I chose to point out the actual reason.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1407 on: August 09, 2019, 02:17:34 PM »

Did you watch the trailer? I hadn't heard of this movie until you posted about it, but I just watched the trailer and they did not mention Trump supporters at all. Also, it looks like the ones being hunted are the bad asses of the movie and end up kicking ass and taking names.

That's because Trump supporters aren't confused as to which bathroom to use. ;)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1408 on: August 09, 2019, 02:18:47 PM »
I chose to quote the first few sentences and link to the article so people could read it themselves. Sorry it made your butt hurt.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1409 on: August 09, 2019, 02:19:20 PM »

That's because Trump supporters aren't confused as to which bathroom to use. ;)

What?