Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1350 on: August 07, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »
All firearms are semiautomatic, except a derringer or musket.

No they aren't, bulltwinkle. A semi automatic weapon is one where you depress the trigger to fire a round and another round automatically feeds into the chamber. To fire the next round, you press the trigger again. The speed of firing rounds is only limited by the speed of your trigger finger and the size of your magazine.

Shotguns and rifles are firearms where you have to eject the spent cartridge through an action like moving a bolt (bolt action), or cranking a lever, and then feed another round into the chamber, or place the round in yourself, to fire the next round. In the time it takes to reload with these weapons, the attacker can be more easily either stopped by being shot or disarmed by other means.

My .22 rifle is semiautomatic.
A revolver is semiautomatic.

Hell, a knife is semiautomatic.
Damn, where did you get that knife?

Just like a handgun with every trigger pull fires a round, every trigger pull of the knife(a stab) fires a stab ;)
Your knife has a trigger? Wild.

Yes, your hand/arm.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #1351 on: August 07, 2019, 02:19:52 PM »

Your knife has a trigger?

God bless America!!!
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #1352 on: August 07, 2019, 02:25:23 PM »
Yes, your hand/arm.
Nonsense, my hand is right here.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #1353 on: August 07, 2019, 02:27:42 PM »

Your knife has a trigger?

God bless America!!!
*Allah bless Ameristan. Gotta start getting used to the new regime early on.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1354 on: August 07, 2019, 04:24:29 PM »
Yes, your hand/arm.
Nonsense, my hand is right here.

Gripping your "I hate Trump" boner.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1355 on: August 08, 2019, 08:00:35 AM »

Bernie on JRE talking about mass shootings and mental health.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1356 on: August 08, 2019, 09:55:30 AM »

Sanders went on JRE? Interesting, I didn't fully expect it tbh. Clever move though.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1357 on: August 08, 2019, 10:00:58 AM »
A lot of people think Joe Rogan is right wing, or alt right, but he's not. Most of the political opinions he has are on the left (the US left, not you know, the left left).
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #1358 on: August 08, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »
If a ban would allow the state police to remove assault weapons from owners, a lot of people are going to die.
I do not think such a ban is possible.

Stop the selling of such weapons, sure. But what about inheritance, gifts, what about the guns already there?

Not much will change, too many guns already that owners sure as hell will not give up without a civil war.
):

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1359 on: August 08, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »

Sanders went on JRE? Interesting, I didn't fully expect it tbh. Clever move though.

I was glad to see him talk for more than 5 minutes. Still though by Joe Rogan standards this is a short interview. I guess he's pretty busy with the campaign.

Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1360 on: August 08, 2019, 10:20:26 AM »
I saw where Bernie said if he becomes president and finds out anything about UFOs and aliens he's tell the public.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1361 on: August 08, 2019, 10:52:57 AM »
A lot of people think Joe Rogan is right wing, or alt right, but he's not. Most of the political opinions he has are on the left (the US left, not you know, the left left).
They think that because almost all the (more political) guests he ever has on and the people he hangs out with are right wing, and also his style is super non confrontational so he usually just nods along with almost everything they say. And it is not that no leftist people have tried. Except for Cornel West, but he's the nicest person, only a complete psychopath would reject him.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:55:38 AM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1362 on: August 08, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »

He's talking about all that in this video (I think it just came out today).

Pezevenk

« Reply #1363 on: August 08, 2019, 11:24:32 AM »
I can't watch videos right now, and for a long time, I'm on mobile data, what did he say?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #1364 on: August 08, 2019, 12:17:16 PM »
I saw where Bernie said if he becomes president and finds out anything about UFOs and aliens he's tell the public.

He shouldn't have done that. If he really wanted to, he should have stayed quiet and acted like he would play ball. Then if there was anything, declassify it and tell the public.

That is what JFK did (well with other things, not ufo stuff).

He always struck me as pretty center with a slight lean to the right. It's a nice change from most people in his profession. Even those who are obviously out there, he at least gives them a fair chance to speak and present their conversation. He also doesn't attack them.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1365 on: August 08, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »
I can't watch videos right now, and for a long time, I'm on mobile data, what did he say?

He talks about how vicious some of the comments on his Bernie podcast were and wondered how we got this bad, and she talked about how we see people with different opinions as the enemy now. Then he talked a bit about having Gavin McInnes on because he was the cofounder of Vice, but now people think he (Joe) is alt right because of it. There was some other stuff, it's a good clip.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1366 on: August 08, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »

He talks about how vicious some of the comments on his Bernie podcast were and wondered how we got this bad, and she talked about how we see people with different opinions as the enemy now.
There is opinions and then there is opinions. Honestly there are some opinions where it's just fucked up if you don't consider the people who hold them enemies. I understand why people are angry at Joe Rogan for his behavior, if he keeps platforming these people and just nods along at everything they say while very rarely platforming people opposite to them (thus discrediting the defense that he just likes to hear all opinions or whatever) then he's fucked up. I don't think he's alt right but I do think he's pretty dumb, and he should be more responsible given his viewership.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1367 on: August 08, 2019, 01:13:44 PM »

He talks about how vicious some of the comments on his Bernie podcast were and wondered how we got this bad, and she talked about how we see people with different opinions as the enemy now.
There is opinions and then there is opinions. Honestly there are some opinions where it's just fucked up if you don't consider the people who hold them enemies. I understand why people are angry at Joe Rogan for his behavior, if he keeps platforming these people and just nods along at everything they say while very rarely platforming people opposite to them (thus discrediting the defense that he just likes to hear all opinions or whatever) then he's fucked up. I don't think he's alt right but I do think he's pretty dumb, and he should be more responsible given his viewership.

I disagree. Joe Rogan is not Larry King. He once warned his audience that he's kind of a moron and people shouldn't consider him a thought leader.  He interviews a wide range of people including some very weird conspiracy theorists.

Which is why I keep asking john davis to reach out to do an interview. I'm sure he'd love to talk to a flat earther.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1368 on: August 08, 2019, 01:16:12 PM »
Are you basing your judgement of him on what other people say, or on having watched his podcasts yourself? He doesn't just nod along with everything his guests say.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1369 on: August 08, 2019, 01:41:33 PM »
Are you basing your judgement of him on what other people say, or on having watched his podcasts yourself? He doesn't just nod along with everything his guests say.
I've seen some of them. I remember when he attacked Crowder for being negative towards weed lol. I also remember one time when he actually did sort of challenge JP on his weird enforced monogamy stance. Unfortunately most of the times he doesn't provide any serious challenge.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #1370 on: August 08, 2019, 01:43:22 PM »

I disagree. Joe Rogan is not Larry King. He once warned his audience that he's kind of a moron and people shouldn't consider him a thought leader.  He interviews a wide range of people including some very weird conspiracy theorists.

Which is why I keep asking john davis to reach out to do an interview. I'm sure he'd love to talk to a flat earther.
He's not Larry King but the people he interviews aren't that "diverse" usually, when it comes to politics. Recently he's kiiiinda improved, but still...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #1371 on: August 08, 2019, 01:51:05 PM »
I mean, I don't think he is selectively non confrontational, he is like that with everyone. It's just that it doesn't help.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1372 on: August 08, 2019, 01:52:26 PM »
Most of the people he has on are his comedian friends, and they talk about sports. I would not be surprised if he tries to get more "diverse" people on but they are too snowflaky to come on the show.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1373 on: August 08, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »
Most of the people he has on are his comedian friends, and they talk about sports. I would not be surprised if he tries to get more "diverse" people on but they are too snowflaky to come on the show.
I mentioned earlier that I know leftists who have said they tried to get there but were ignored or rejected. It's not because they don't want to get up there, it's because he doesn't accept them, probably because it will piss off a big part of his fanbase, which is largely of a specific political orientation. I don't remember who all of them were. I remember for sure the hosts of Chapo Trap House tried to get one of them on JRE, not sure how it ended up exactly but it didn't happen.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1374 on: August 08, 2019, 02:43:34 PM »
We're being invaded by spam bots.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1375 on: August 08, 2019, 02:55:00 PM »
I could only kill two.   ::)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1376 on: August 08, 2019, 02:55:57 PM »

Two short of a mass bot murder.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1377 on: August 08, 2019, 03:11:53 PM »
I could kill 30-50 feral bots in 3-5 minutes if you made me a mod.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1378 on: August 08, 2019, 03:18:06 PM »

The rules clearly state no Greeks allowed as mods.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1379 on: August 08, 2019, 03:45:04 PM »

So you could do a little or a lot in a random amount of time?

You are a Super Hero.   ;D