Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #600 on: February 27, 2018, 02:34:10 AM »
I'm not a haxxor. You're trolling at about a 4 going to need to bring it up to a 7 or 8 before I bite mate.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:35:49 AM by disputeone »
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #601 on: February 27, 2018, 02:40:22 AM »
I'm not a haxxor. You're trolling at about a 4 going to need to bring it up to a 7 or 8 before I bite mate.
The 'Isn't that too complicated for you?' was a honest question tho.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #602 on: February 27, 2018, 02:46:07 AM »
Can you install and run a vpn on linux? That's an honest question. You should at least try to keep your trolling on topic. I know it's new for you and you're having fun.
I'm anti-judaism.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #603 on: February 27, 2018, 02:50:00 AM »
Can you install and run a vpn on linux? That's an honest question. You should at least try to keep your trolling on topic. I know it's new for you and you're having fun.

https://openvpn.net/
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #604 on: February 27, 2018, 02:51:36 AM »
Yeah tried it once. Very easy, you find tons of tutorials online.

Member of the BOTD

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #605 on: February 27, 2018, 02:57:03 AM »
Yeah it is easy, I prefer it to windows, on windows you double click your vpn icon then click connect. You know this so I didn't take your question as honest.

@ Rayzor.
I'm anti-judaism.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #606 on: February 27, 2018, 02:58:34 AM »
You know this so I didn't take your question as honest.
Perhaps that was exactely why my question was honest.  ;)

Member of the BOTD

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #607 on: February 27, 2018, 03:02:45 AM »
Yeah it is easy, I prefer it to windows, on windows you double click your vpn icon then click connect. You know this so I didn't take your question as honest.

OpenBSD

« Reply #608 on: February 27, 2018, 10:20:29 AM »
You guys having wet dreams about trump the hero?  ::)

No, we don't need to. He already is a hero. He stopped that bitch Killary from taking the mantle of the Oval office. America owes him a debt of gratitude
He's a disgrace, and the laughingstock of the world. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #609 on: February 27, 2018, 01:06:45 PM »
You guys having wet dreams about trump the hero?  ::)

No, we don't need to. He already is a hero. He stopped that bitch Killary from taking the mantle of the Oval office. America owes him a debt of gratitude
He's a disgrace, and the laughingstock of the world. 

George W Bush was also the laughing stock of the world. He was a fool and a dimwit. And in my view Obama was a disgrace on many accounts. He was a disingenuous shit and was good at wordplay which of course the liberals love. He idolised the terrorist Nelson Mandela as if that racist murderer was some kind of hero and he did nothing to end the wars in the Middle East, rather he further inflamed them by facilitating the creation if ISIS which in turned sparked 'lone wolf' attacks which became problems across the world. Edward Snowden also busted his arse with the spying on the allies scandal which he would of course been fully versed and complicit in. You think Trump is a disgrace? Well so are all of your previous Presidents in modern memory. Need I remind of that rapist Bill Clinton as well as his affair with that Monica intern.

Honestly there is less scandal and drama watching your shit soapies like Bold and the Beautiful or Days of our Lives.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #610 on: February 27, 2018, 08:13:44 PM »
Your media circus is falling apart btw.

Fake news,  CNN debunked this already.
https://www.local10.com/news/parkland-school-shooting/cnn-refutes-parkland-school-shooting-survivors-scripted-question-claim
Well this isn't really a refutation, this is just CNN saying "we didn't do it". Of course we can't really know for sure what happened unless the rest of the participants say something about it.

CNN published the email chain,  and it looks like it was Colton's father who wanted his son to make a long speech about school defence.   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/02/23/scripted-controversy-cnn-releases-emails-of-correspondence-with-florida-student/?utm_term=.f98696d1001a

Here's a data point for those following the debate as it evolves.  Emma Gonzales now has more twitter followers than the NRA.

Colton's Father now had admitted to altering the email,  so Fox news once again,  got it wrong.

https://apnews.com/d986a439fb1549b4b38a301b19ef4d4d/Shooting-survivor's-father-admits-email-changes-in-CNN-spat

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #611 on: February 27, 2018, 08:24:17 PM »
This kind of thing did not happen when I was in high school, and we had guns back then.  This seems to be a snowflake generation epidemic.
Well it sure does happen now and doesn't really happen where people don't have guns so...

Actually, statistically speaking, the EU has more mass shootings at a more frequent rate with more casualties than we do.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #612 on: February 27, 2018, 08:34:03 PM »
School Resource Officers aren't rent-a-cops, they are actually police officers assigned to school duty. This guy has no excuse for his cowardice. I only feel bad for him because he is undoubtedly getting death threats now. I would have rather he been fired, but at least he isn't in that position anymore.

Officers have been trained that the first person on scene is the first person to engage. This is basic stuff they taught when I was in the academy, the SRO and the three responding deputies had no excuse
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #613 on: February 27, 2018, 08:54:25 PM »
School Resource Officers aren't rent-a-cops, they are actually police officers assigned to school duty. This guy has no excuse for his cowardice. I only feel bad for him because he is undoubtedly getting death threats now. I would have rather he been fired, but at least he isn't in that position anymore.

Officers have been trained that the first person on scene is the first person to engage. This is basic stuff they taught when I was in the academy, the SRO and the three responding deputies had no excuse

As an actual officer, what do you think should happen to them?
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #614 on: February 27, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »
This kind of thing did not happen when I was in high school, and we had guns back then.  This seems to be a snowflake generation epidemic.
Well it sure does happen now and doesn't really happen where people don't have guns so...

Actually, statistically speaking, the EU has more mass shootings at a more frequent rate with more casualties than we do.
Sources please.
Also mass shootings =/= school shootings.
Also you should consider that not all europe countries are involved in big anti terrorism stuff (which makes them a terrorism target), so some countries, e.g. denmark, norway, switzerland,... are quite safe, where as others like french are not as safe.

About the officer there: As far as I know, he thought that the shooter was outside (he said that in a phone call I think). So getting behind his car and wait for reinforcement was - from what I heared - what the protocol says to do in such a situation. I might be wrong here, also I'm not saying it was the right thing to do.

Member of the BOTD

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #615 on: February 27, 2018, 11:58:31 PM »
Facts, heh, statistics heh, A Jedi craves not these things.
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #616 on: February 28, 2018, 12:39:08 AM »

Actually, that's complete bullshit. If you read it somewhere it's either an outright lie or someone manipulated data.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #617 on: February 28, 2018, 12:47:21 AM »
If you include the "terrorist" shootings I think he might be right. I'm not digging around for statistics atm but there's been a fair few shootings in the EU, it's just not as publicised as American shootings.
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

« Reply #618 on: February 28, 2018, 01:02:00 AM »
If you include the "terrorist" shootings I think he might be right. I'm not digging around for statistics atm but there's been a fair few shootings in the EU, it's just not as publicised as American shootings.
No, I can confirm that there are just less shootings regardless of publicization. I think even if you count the terrorist shootings he's probably still wrong. Terrorists don't use guns that frequently anyways.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #619 on: February 28, 2018, 01:05:56 AM »
Is this based on what you think you know or can you cite the crime statistics?

I gave Luke the benefit of the doubt being a Police officer but if the statistics show otherwise I'm happy to see them.
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

« Reply #620 on: February 28, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »
Is this based on what you think you know or can you cite the crime statistics?

I gave Luke the benefit of the doubt being a Police officer but if the statistics show otherwise I'm happy to see them.
It's based on experience mostly because it's hard to find a statistic for Europe as a whole. I'd have to compile all the data from different countries and I don't have the time right now. However referring to school shootings in particular (which was what I was initially referring to) it more than confirms my suspicion. The entire EU hasn't had nearly as many incidents as the US had.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #621 on: February 28, 2018, 12:07:34 PM »

Statistically speaking, I'd like to see these statistics.  Can you link them?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:05:30 PM by JimmyTheCrab »
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #622 on: February 28, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »
He just came out of police academy so possibly they had the stats in class?
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Pezevenk

« Reply #623 on: February 28, 2018, 12:55:50 PM »
He just came out of police academy so possibly they had the stats in class?
That sounds pretty darn unlikely.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #624 on: February 28, 2018, 12:57:59 PM »
I had some class where they told us gun injury is way more common in the us than in europe.
(of course that doesn't mean mass shootings only)

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #625 on: February 28, 2018, 01:01:20 PM »
How were the stats measured?

Per 100,000 people for example or all of the US, vs all of Europe (which would have more than twice the population of the US)

Interesting to know comparing how many were indiscriminate killings or criminals vs criminals.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #626 on: February 28, 2018, 01:05:50 PM »

Vice magazine tracked all mass shootings across the US and Europe (including Russia, a total population twice that of the USA) for 2016.   The total death count for Europe was 53.   The total for the US was 392.  It's just one year, so it might not be representative, though I suspect it is.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xdwpwk/mass-shootings-in-the-united-states-and-europe-in-2016
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4wb9p3/mass-shootings-in-europe-in-2016

In terms of school shootings, the USA is a statistical outlier, without doubt.

A couple of years ago, the Academy for Critical Incident Analysis collected data on school violence around the world. They took a broad look at incidents where someone was killed, or a murder was attempted, and charted every one that had two or more victims. (Researchers left out "single homicides, off-campus homicides, killings caused by government actions, militaries, terrorists or militants." So, incidents like this one, where a U.S. airstrike in Syria accidentally hit a school and market and killed 30, are not included.)

Between 2000 and 2010, the recorded 57 incidents in 36 countries.

Half of those incidents — 28 — occurred in the United States.

That's all the more shocking when you consider that in 2010, the United States had about 309 million residents. The population of the other countries totaled 3.8 billion. It's worth noting, too, that 13 of those countries had never suffered a school massacre.

Violence in U.S. schools is much more likely be carried out by a gun, too. As Quartz explained about the study:

"In the vast majority of US killings, perpetrators used guns. By comparison, China — with the second-greatest number of incidents — saw 10 mass killings, but none involving firearms. Germany saw three mass shootings; Finland saw two. Thirteen other countries each saw one incident with at least one person being wounded or killed; in the rest nobody was reported as hurt."

There's evidence, too, that school violence is declining in other places. As my colleague explained this morning, "in Europe, there hasn't been a major high-casualty gun attack on a campus in almost a decade."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-america-school-shootings-20180215-story.html

From 2010, but it's not like its suddenly improved in the US.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #627 on: February 28, 2018, 01:27:55 PM »
Is there any statistics describing the ratio of sane to insane people perpetrating these crimes? I would guess it tilts toward insane.

This is not about how to keep firearms out of the hands of insane people,
it's about how to keep insane people away from society.

« Reply #628 on: February 28, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »
This is not about how to keep firearms out of the hands of insane people,
it's about how to keep insane people away from society.
Give em guns and put them on a island?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #629 on: February 28, 2018, 02:02:49 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second
“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

Trump was responding to comments from Vice President Pence that families and local law enforcement should have more tools to report potentially dangerous individuals with weapons.

“Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons,” Pence said.

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court," Trump responded.

I actually agree with Pence, and think Trump was just kinda thinking out loud. Someone will explain to him that due process is important, I hope.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.