Another mass shooting...

• 2608 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #510 on: February 23, 2018, 03:56:38 AM »
Your media circus is falling apart btw.

Why would that be inciting terrorism?  Lorddave was merely describing a type of shop we have here in the US, a bomb-gun shop.  A shop that sells bomb-guns. 

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #511 on: February 23, 2018, 04:25:31 AM »

That's not really surprising. That's how TV works. Seriously, it happens with everything, on every channel and for any interview or debate. I know it's a bit ridiculous but it's not new.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #512 on: February 23, 2018, 04:33:40 AM »
I know man.

It's just a when I pointed it out I think Crutonius had a small aneurysm.
Why would that be inciting terrorism?  Lorddave was merely describing a type of shop we have here in the US, a bomb-gun shop.  A shop that sells bomb-guns. 

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #513 on: February 23, 2018, 05:43:21 AM »
Sigh... and we're back to conspiracy theories now.  That's too bad.  I was enjoying the policy discussion.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #514 on: February 23, 2018, 05:47:03 AM »
See DNO?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #515 on: February 23, 2018, 05:49:12 AM »
Listen to the man Crutonius he isn't wrong.

That's not really surprising. That's how TV works. Seriously, it happens with everything, on every channel and for any interview or debate. I know it's a bit ridiculous but it's not new.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #516 on: February 23, 2018, 05:49:27 AM »
Lol what?!
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #517 on: February 23, 2018, 05:51:30 AM »

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #518 on: February 23, 2018, 06:26:54 AM »
School Resource Officers aren't rent-a-cops, they are actually police officers assigned to school duty. This guy has no excuse for his cowardice. I only feel bad for him because he is undoubtedly getting death threats now. I would have rather he been fired, but at least he isn't in that position anymore.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #519 on: February 23, 2018, 06:59:24 AM »
Lol what?!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aneurysm
I know what an aneurysm is, but I didn't quite catch the connection/why you mention an aneurysm here.

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #520 on: February 23, 2018, 07:14:13 AM »
Lol what?!
I know what an aneurysm is, but I didn't quite catch the connection/why you mention an aneurysm here.

D1 wildly overestimates his ability to troll people.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #521 on: February 23, 2018, 07:18:08 AM »
Considering the response of the security guard, I question whether armed teachers would be effective overall.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #522 on: February 23, 2018, 07:34:10 AM »
Like any other group of people there would be some who could handle it, but probably most couldn't. They'd need extensive training. This would cost many millions of dollars, imo. Our govt doesn't want to fund public schools properly for education, but I could see the politicians in the NRA's pocket being willing to spend money on this.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #523 on: February 23, 2018, 07:48:14 AM »
Lol what?!

D1 wildly overestimates his ability to troll people.
Yep, he sucks quite hard at it. But hey, I give him a B- for effort, which is not too bad for him.

Member of the BOTD

Pezevenk

« Reply #524 on: February 23, 2018, 09:54:24 AM »
I have no idea why people are even considering arming teachers as a solution. That's just fucked up. If you're willing to go to such extremes, it's better to just stipulate checks for everyone before they enter the school.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #525 on: February 23, 2018, 09:56:34 AM »
I have no idea why people are even considering arming teachers as a solution. That's just fucked up. If you're willing to go to such extremes, it's better to just stipulate checks for everyone before they enter the school.
Well what if a teacher goes mad and starts shooting at his students?
My solution would be to arm the students too. I bet dispute trump and bhs would agree.

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #526 on: February 23, 2018, 10:15:36 AM »
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/president-trump-we-have-to-do-something-about-violent-video-games-movies/

We must arm everyone and ban video games and movies.  There's no study that's ever linked gun violence to video games but fuck it.  That's an NRA talking point so Trump has to mindlessly parrot it.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #527 on: February 23, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/president-trump-we-have-to-do-something-about-violent-video-games-movies/

We must arm everyone and ban video games and movies.  There's no study that's ever linked gun violence to video games but fuck it.  That's an NRA talking point so Trump has to mindlessly parrot it.
Before we ban them, we need to implement some sort of rating system for games and movies so that children won't be subjected to the violence in rated R movies or rated M games.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #528 on: February 23, 2018, 10:31:16 AM »

I agree. I have been playing violent video games and watching violent movies my whole life and I have no inclination to commit a violent act.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #529 on: February 23, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »
I don't play video games and rarely watch movies, but there is something so satisfying about kicking puppies.

Pezevenk

« Reply #530 on: February 23, 2018, 11:14:54 AM »
I don't play video games and rarely watch movies, but there is something so satisfying about kicking puppies.
Lol

Well everyone in the entire world plays videogames and watches violent movies, but it's mostly americans who shoot up schools. Not sure why they think the link makes sense.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #531 on: February 23, 2018, 11:16:38 AM »
Lol

Well everyone in the entire world plays videogames and watches violent movies, but it's mostly americans who shoot up schools. Not sure why they think the link makes sense.
For the same reason why they are shooting up schools:
Lot's of retards there.

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #532 on: February 23, 2018, 11:25:12 AM »
The media is really excited about this kid's invention http://kfor.com/2018/02/20/students-invention-to-keep-intruders-out-of-classrooms-is-so-brilliant-that-his-district-has-ordered-one-for-every-room/  Kinda makes me wonder how easy it would be used to trap students inside a classroom, tho. I guess nothing is perfect.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

« Reply #533 on: February 23, 2018, 11:29:43 AM »
The media is really excited about this kid's invention http://kfor.com/2018/02/20/students-invention-to-keep-intruders-out-of-classrooms-is-so-brilliant-that-his-district-has-ordered-one-for-every-room/  Kinda makes me wonder how easy it would be used to trap students inside a classroom, tho. I guess nothing is perfect.
BRILLIANT!!! It's... a glorified latch... That's costlier and harder to put on than a normal latch... And it looks like you can't use it for every door... Huh...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #534 on: February 23, 2018, 11:37:17 AM »
Yep, he sucks quite hard at it. But hey, I give him a B- for effort, which is not too bad for him.

You know, D1 is the only person on this site that sticks up for you...yet you make comments like these.

I told him you were a sniveling cowardly little weasel...he will realize it on his own soon enough.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

« Reply #535 on: February 23, 2018, 01:24:52 PM »
A country where police do not perform regular walking beats and virtually eliminated the national funding for mental health and substance abuse treatment should not be surprised at these types of mass violence incidents.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #536 on: February 23, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »
A mass shooting involves 0.00000003% of guns in the USofA and one 100% insane person.

We have an absolute right to self defense and courts to determine if that right was used properly.

There is no constitutional right to be a menace to society.

Bring back bullying. It puts weak minded people in their place early on in life. They need to get used to being low man on the totem pole and adapt.

If you tell a kid who doesn't quite fit in that it is everyone else's fault, you plant the seed that they are a victim.

Instead, council the kid on how to fit in. Direct them to clubs or activities that they are capable of fitting into.

Life is tough. If someone is isolated from reality until they are in their late teens, they are going to be ill-equipped to handle anything.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #537 on: February 23, 2018, 02:33:49 PM »
Also seeing violence on television absolutely desensitises you to violence. Heaps of studies have been done on this, I'm not sure why we have to lie about it. I've linked to them multiple times and was called a conspiracy nutter by the usual suspects.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #538 on: February 23, 2018, 02:47:00 PM »

You know, D1 is the only person on this site that sticks up for you...yet you make comments like these.
And you know why?
Because unlike you he is capable of understanding when I'm sarcastic/not serious.
Perhaps after your next date he could give you a lesson about it (instead of the d).

Member of the BOTD

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #539 on: February 23, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »
Also seeing violence on television absolutely desensitises you to violence. Heaps of studies have been done on this, I'm not sure why we have to lie about it. I've linked to them multiple times and was called a conspiracy nutter by the usual suspects.

TBH, sometimes you are difficult to filter.   ;)