Another mass shooting...

• 2608 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2017, 01:40:32 AM »
I'll let you in on a little secret. The post quotation is actually a url also and you can click on it. It takes you back to the original post made.

You made some ridiculous ad hominem against myself and shifter and I responded in turn. I'm actually a very good shot with a rifle and better than average with a handgun.

However my weapon on choice is a computer and the battlefield has always been teh internets. You and your handlers and more scared of free speech than guns. You're not even shilling to take away all guns, just from "crazy people" which today could be substituted for someone who disagrees with the MSM news.

Lying would be insisting you said something you didn't. Like crutonius did concerning MaNaeSWolf. Click the post to see your original, it's still there and it really does work.

Look at what I did to your entire team here mainly with a smartphone and mobile data.
You and I both know which weapon you'd prefer us having.

Quote from: Kevin Shipp CIA whistleblower
They know we have the internet and they are scared, trust me.

You are right to be afraid.

When have I advocated for gun control?   I am actually pro gun ownership.  Shifty is the anti gun proponent. 

Half the crap you post makes no sense, the other half involves delusions that there is a conspiracy against you personally, and you are some kind of 4chan anon keyboard warrior,  you seriously need to get help, you are only one step away from madness.

But keep posting, I get a chuckle every so often from your ignorance.

BTW,  Just so you know, for future reference, mass murderers are by definition crazy insane.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2017, 01:43:44 AM »
The simplest solution to any mass shootings or shootings at all is to not allow weapons that can fire projectiles, into the hands of those that do not require them in any normal walk of life.

Any person that has a requirement to carry a weapon like this, whether it's police, armed forces, hunters or whatever, should be under the control of massively strict law of use of them and the protection of those weapons so as not to enter into another persons possession without the relevant 100% guaranteed verification of who they are and their licence to own.

In England this is generally the case for the majority of weapons like this.
Where it can fail is in the sentences dished out to those that want to flout the laws and where punishments do not fit the crime of offences outside of the law with unauthorised use of those weapons, whether it's someone loaning that weapon to someone using that weapon to effect whatever crime or simply the crime of being in possession.

Does this take away people's rights?
Of course it does.
Anything done against a persons will is going against their rights but then again a persons will to murder or maim, whether with a gun, knife or improvised tool to hurt another will also require a law to punish, as with everything else designed to keep the population in check.

The issues arise when it's done unfairly.
However, where weapons are concerned in terms of licences to carry being flouted then the punishments should fit the crimes of doing that, including knives and tools designed to maim or used to maim.

The issues people have is, " yeah let them take all of our guns and weapons so we're left with nothing to fight with when they come to take us away and come to wipe us out or set up martial law."

Seriously?

In England they could do it anytime they want because as a rule, all we have to fight with is a weak voice which generally gets little done that those in power do not regard as necessary, so what do we do?
We simply get on with living the one life we have and trying to follow what laws we can in order to not fall foul of it and suffering the consequences.

Of course, the world is full of law abiding people who are wrongfully accused or incarcerated, whether it's by a deliberate act/corruption or by circumstantial evidence point the finger wrongly.

Out of the populations of the world we know, it's obviously going to be the nature of the beast, as is those in power lying to the people and also false flags played upon the people to effect change or gain favour, or whatever.

You can spend your life fighting it and being some kind of martyr if you want but make sure you're fighting for the right thing and make sure it's genuinely worthwhile and beneficial.

Allowing mass populations to carry weapons and especially guns is like being in the middle of a mass of hair triggers in the hands of ever growing insolent quick tempered young people who do not have the ability to slowly count to 10...not to mention those who are calculated to start with.

Any person that believes they should be allowed to carry a weapon in any way other than I stated should remember that you're advocating the use of that weapon to cause death at any given point, which is something that you are ill equipped to deal with in your general normal day to day running of your life and will not only destroy the life of your victim and the victims family but also your own and possibly your own family's well being from that point on.

Ban all weapons from the general public and make the laws ultra strict for those allowed to carry for their jobs and ensure the punishment fits the crime for those who flout that law.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2017, 01:46:19 AM »
Jeez scepti.
Totalitarian much?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2017, 01:48:55 AM »
You're not even shilling to take away all guns,
When have I advocated for gun control?

Wait, what?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2017, 01:51:47 AM »
Jeez scepti.
Totalitarian much?
Nope, just a modern day man trying to live the life I have with as little fuss as possible in terms of physical fights that gain no traction and become pointless energy wasting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2017, 02:35:17 AM »
If we cut off everyone's arms and legs imagine the drop in the crime rate.
Think about it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2017, 02:39:50 AM »
Think about it.
No need for that.
Imagine the drop in crime if people were not able to get away with using tools designed to kill en-masse.
Just take away the tit for tat potential of that and the make punishments fit the crimes from those that flout the laws.
No need to cut off arms and legs.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2017, 02:54:17 AM »
The proof is that many crimes would be extremely hard to commit without guns, plus they facilitate "spontaneous" crimes that happen because someone was pissed or drunk or high.

Evidence? England has higher violent crime rate than we do.

1) It should be logically obvious how these crimes would be facilitated. How many people can a rampaging person kill with a knife vs with a gun? How easy is to "spontaneously" kill someone unarmed vs with a gun?

A lot actually. In fact, the largest knife attack beated our largest mass shooting untill Orlando.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570996/At-27-dead-109-injured-gang-knife-wielding-men-attack-train-station-China.html
You do realize that was a gang, not just one person, right?

And here's another attack.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre
Good, compare that to Sandy Hook.

2) Source for England having a higher violent crime rate? Most of the sources I found is that it is actually much higher in the US.

Here you go.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/neIs/uknews/law-and-order/7922755/England-has-worse-crime-rate-than-the-US-says-Civitas-study.html

They used this study which I'm not sure if it'll show up.
http://www.heuni.fi/Satellite?blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobcol=urldata&SSURIapptype=BlobServer&SSURIcontainer=Default&SSURIsession=false&blobheadervalue1=inline;%20filename=Hakapaino_final_07042010.pdf&SSURIsscontext=Satellite%20Server&blobwhere=1266335656647&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&ssbinary=true&blobheader=application/pdf

Neither show up. Meanwhile I found this which contains many sources: https://dispellingthemythukvsusguns.wordpress.com

Also the thing to consider is America is not a homogeneous nation with homogeneous gun laws. States with stricter gun laws actually constribute to higher crime rate.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=IUUIGf4ll4g
Actually that's a myth mostly based on cherry picking statistics.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2017, 02:57:38 AM »
Think about it.

Yeah, because the two are totally comparable.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2017, 07:00:29 AM »
Think about it.

lol
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2017, 11:17:10 AM »
When have I advocated for gun control?   I am actually pro gun ownership.
Interesting.  I didn't realize that the two are mutually exclusive.  Or is responsible gun ownership not a thing?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2017, 11:41:30 AM »
When have I advocated for gun control?   I am actually pro gun ownership.
Interesting.  I didn't realize that the two are mutually exclusive.  Or is responsible gun ownership not a thing?

Apparently not in the minds of quite a few. I feel that the nra has done a masterful job in convincing people that any regulations on firearms are always a slippery slope that will inevitably lead to confiscating everyone's guns.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2017, 12:00:24 PM »
If you talk with NRA members, you will often find that the leadership does not properly represent the members attitudes towards things like universal background checks and common sense regulations.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »
The people should stop giving the NRA their money. I hang up on those mofos every time they call.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.