Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2017, 06:08:31 AM »
Wait, what do you call the non-semi automatic handguns? My English is failing me.
I think that's only single-action revolvers. All other handguns use the recoil to chamber a new bullet (and double-action revolvers chamber the bullet with the press of the trigger, before firing).

Yeah, that's the one. Revolvers. Semi automatics and high capacity magazines aren't very useful for self defense and you can hunt just fine without them. Like seriously, who hunts with an AK-47? On the other hand, they make killing a lot of people much easier.

What are you talking about? Pistols are perfect for self defense. Ifthe badguy wasn't stopped by the first round or you have multiple attackers then you have the ammo to sustain yourself in the fight. It's the same reason why police have the very same pistols ypu want to ban.

Not to mention that, for the most part in most of the world,  AK 47s are full auto, not semi. 

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2017, 08:44:41 AM »
Wait, what do you call the non-semi automatic handguns? My English is failing me.
I think that's only single-action revolvers. All other handguns use the recoil to chamber a new bullet (and double-action revolvers chamber the bullet with the press of the trigger, before firing).

Yeah, that's the one. Revolvers. Semi automatics and high capacity magazines aren't very useful for self defense and you can hunt just fine without them. Like seriously, who hunts with an AK-47? On the other hand, they make killing a lot of people much easier.

What are you talking about? Pistols are perfect for self defense. Ifthe badguy wasn't stopped by the first round or you have multiple attackers then you have the ammo to sustain yourself in the fight. It's the same reason why police have the very same pistols ypu want to ban.

Not to mention that, for the most part in most of the world,  AK 47s are full auto, not semi.

But they're still allowed in the US, right?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2017, 08:52:55 AM »

I don't want them banned from the police! In the vast majority of self defense situations, a couple of shots at most are enough. Actually shots aren't even required in most of them, just the threat of the weapon is enough. Even in cases where there are many attackers, I can't think of many scenarios where they wouldn't just stop after someone is shot or even at the threat of a gun, unless they also have guns and you have a fucking western shootout. How many of these situations happen every year and how many people die in mass shootings?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2017, 08:56:50 AM »

This is like saying "We smoke more cigarretes than [insert third world country] but we live longer" and then, after someone discovers a cure to all heart diseases you say "cigarette sales have gone up, but life expectancy has also increased" and use that as an argument for how smoking doesn't reduce life expectancy.

That would only be true if guns have been proven to be a direct link to crime rates and have no beneficial purpose to it. Neither of which is true.

But they are proven to have a direct link to crime rates... And cigarettes still have a "beneficial purpose" to them...

Please provide your "proof" and there is no benefit to cigarettes.

Cigarettes have the same benefit as hunting. Also I don't see what the benefit of the cigarettes has to do with my argument.

The proof is that many crimes would be extremely hard to commit without guns, plus they facilitate "spontaneous" crimes that happen because someone was pissed or drunk or high.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2017, 09:34:10 AM »

I am allowed to buy a semi, but not a full auto AK.

Pezevenk

« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2017, 10:35:49 AM »

I am allowed to buy a semi, but not a full auto AK.

Well there you go.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »
I don't want them banned from the police!

Jeez DNO just go to parliament, pull your pants down bend over and spread your cheeks. ""Please daddy""

It's too dangerous fot private citizens to have internet access too because of the conspiracy theories online.

Only police should have access to the interent.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »
Every time there's a shooting we have the gun debate. I wish, instead of the how, we could figure out the why.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »
Every time there's a shooting we have the gun debate.
It just a shame that the gun debate isn't happening in DC.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2017, 06:27:51 PM »
I don't think it would do any good for them to debate it. They can't do it without throwing in a bunch of bullshit.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2017, 07:23:34 PM »
At least it would be better than the perpetual "it's too soon" BS they keep using.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2017, 07:31:40 PM »
Well is it still too soon to talk about what happened at Sandy Hook and the lessons we could learn from it? Or the plenty of other school rampages in the past? Or do we just get mass shootings scheduled every so often so that the 'It's too soon' can always be churned out and the conversation never happens  :( :-\

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »

I don't want them banned from the police! In the vast majority of self defense situations, a couple of shots at most are enough. Actually shots aren't even required in most of them, just the threat of the weapon is enough. Even in cases where there are many attackers, I can't think of many scenarios where they wouldn't just stop after someone is shot or even at the threat of a gun, unless they also have guns and you have a fucking western shootout. How many of these situations happen every year and how many people die in mass shootings?

People defend themselves with firearms at the least 100,00 times per year. At the same time less people die from rifles as a whole than by hands and feet. And while many times, the mere presence of a gun deters an attack, I'm not depending on that to defend myself. Plus, police face the same threats as you and I. they just face it more often. And with the recent shooting, the guy who stopped the shooter with his AR nearly ran out of rounds by the end of it all.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2017, 10:21:53 PM »

This is like saying "We smoke more cigarretes than [insert third world country] but we live longer" and then, after someone discovers a cure to all heart diseases you say "cigarette sales have gone up, but life expectancy has also increased" and use that as an argument for how smoking doesn't reduce life expectancy.

That would only be true if guns have been proven to be a direct link to crime rates and have no beneficial purpose to it. Neither of which is true.

But they are proven to have a direct link to crime rates... And cigarettes still have a "beneficial purpose" to them...

Please provide your "proof" and there is no benefit to cigarettes.

Cigarettes have the same benefit as hunting. Also I don't see what the benefit of the cigarettes has to do with my argument.
The second amendment isn't about hunting.
The proof is that many crimes would be extremely hard to commit without guns, plus they facilitate "spontaneous" crimes that happen because someone was pissed or drunk or high.

Evidence? England has higher violent crime rate than we do.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2017, 12:20:10 AM »
The problem is not the tool of choice, it's the the insane person behind the tool.

« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2017, 02:23:55 AM »
Almost impossible to compare - how violent crime is defined and recorded varies wildly from country to country.

However the USA does have an intentional homicide rate 5 times higher than the UK.

People defend themselves with firearms at the least 100,00 times per year
Got any more made up stats?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2017, 02:30:13 AM »
Almost impossible to compare - how violent crime is defined and recorded varies wildly from country to country.

However the USA does have an intentional homicide rate 5 times higher than the UK.

People defend themselves with firearms at the least 100,00 times per year
Got any more made up stats?

If you're subscribed to Bloomberg (anti gun site)then you can read this.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense

And if you're not subscribed to Bloomberg you can read this.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/myth-3-25-million-defensive-gun-uses-each-year-cant-be-accurate

Pezevenk

« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2017, 04:54:48 AM »

1) It should be logically obvious how these crimes would be facilitated. How many people can a rampaging person kill with a knife vs with a gun? How easy is to "spontaneously" kill someone unarmed vs with a gun?
2) Source for England having a higher violent crime rate? Most of the sources I found is that it is actually much higher in the US.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2017, 05:21:44 AM »

How many people can a rampaging person kill with a knife vs with a gun?

Depends on the vulnerability of the chosen victims.
With a big sharp knife one could probably ace 100 kids in 10 minutes.

« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2017, 05:37:40 AM »
I'd recommend a chainsaw for that kind of job.  You could end up with repetitive strain injury, or something equally horrific, otherwise.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Pezevenk

« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2017, 07:48:34 AM »
I'd recommend a chainsaw for that kind of job.  You could end up with repetitive strain injury, or something equally horrific, otherwise.

XD

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »
Why not shorten the season and impose a two person bag limit?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »
The problem is not the tool of choice, it's the the insane person behind the tool.

In spite of sounding obvious, this is actually closer to the the mark that anything else anyone has said on the topic so far.

A proportion of the United States population is not just gun crazy,  they are literally crazy.   Add the two together. What's the result?

Not that the USA has a monopoly on crazy,  far from it, every country has it's looney fringes,  Australia has people like dipstick and shifty,  god help us if they ever got their hands on automatic weapons. 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2017, 09:16:01 PM »

1) It should be logically obvious how these crimes would be facilitated. How many people can a rampaging person kill with a knife vs with a gun? How easy is to "spontaneously" kill someone unarmed vs with a gun?

A lot actually. In fact, the largest knife attack beated our largest mass shooting untill Orlando.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570996/At-27-dead-109-injured-gang-knife-wielding-men-attack-train-station-China.html

And here's another attack.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre

2) Source for England having a higher violent crime rate? Most of the sources I found is that it is actually much higher in the US.

Here you go.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/neIs/uknews/law-and-order/7922755/England-has-worse-crime-rate-than-the-US-says-Civitas-study.html

They used this study which I'm not sure if it'll show up.
http://www.heuni.fi/Satellite?blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobcol=urldata&SSURIapptype=BlobServer&SSURIcontainer=Default&SSURIsession=false&blobheadervalue1=inline;%20filename=Hakapaino_final_07042010.pdf&SSURIsscontext=Satellite%20Server&blobwhere=1266335656647&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&ssbinary=true&blobheader=application/pdf

Also the thing to consider is America is not a homogeneous nation with homogeneous gun laws. States with stricter gun laws actually constribute to higher crime rate.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=IUUIGf4ll4g

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2017, 11:45:34 PM »
Good post Luke.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2017, 11:48:35 PM »
Australia has people like dipstick and shifty,  god help us if they ever got their hands on a computer with internet access.

I'm afraid it's far too late for that.

Your agenda here has been completely exposed. Why are you still allowed to post here with that account? You only supporters are Crutonius, Bullwinkle, Symptom, jroa and SCG.

Your operation has been exposed. I thought we were past this.
I'm anti-judaism.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2017, 01:01:02 AM »
Australia has people like dipstick and shifty,  god help us if they ever got their hands on a computer with internet access.

I'm afraid it's far too late for that.

Your agenda here has been completely exposed. Why are you still allowed to post here with that account? You only supporters are Crutonius, Bullwinkle, Symptom, jroa and SCG.

Your operation has been exposed. I thought we were past this.

Meh,  I see that your trolling has deteriorated to falsifying quotations.  Pretty much confirms all I ever thought about your personal honesty and integrity. 

You fail even the most basic test of integrity.   Lying scum that you have proven yourself to be.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2017, 01:07:58 AM »
It's funny how no one can quote me lying tho hey.
I'm anti-judaism.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2017, 01:15:55 AM »
It's funny how no one can quote me lying tho hey.

I just did.  Are you really that dishonest?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2017, 01:27:40 AM »
I'll let you in on a little secret. The post quotation is actually a url also and you can click on it. It takes you back to the original post made.

You made some ridiculous ad hominem against myself and shifter and I responded in turn. I'm actually a very good shot with a rifle and better than average with a handgun.

However my weapon of choice is a computer and the battlefield has always been teh internets. You and your handlers and more scared of free speech than guns. You're not even shilling to take away all guns, just from "crazy people" which today could be substituted for someone who disagrees with the MSM news.

Lying would be insisting you said something you didn't. Like crutonius did concerning MaNaeSWolf. Click the post to see your original, it's still there and it really does work.

Look at what I did to your entire team here mainly with a smartphone and mobile data.
You and I both know which weapon you'd prefer us having.

Quote from: Kevin Shipp CIA whistleblower
They know we have the internet and they are scared, trust me.

You are right to be afraid.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:31:14 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.