Another mass shooting...

• 1756 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1590 on: December 07, 2019, 09:29:03 AM »
If cops shoot the hostage there is no chance of saving the hostage.
They could have backed away and waited.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #1591 on: December 07, 2019, 09:30:45 AM »
If cops would just wait, people get tired and eventually just give up.
Let the adrenaline wear off.

I've seen car chases where they just follow until the driver realizes the game is over.
Driver pulls over, gets out and lays out flat.

Aggressive Policing causes aggressive resistance.
Nobody wants to go to jail.

Wait the crook out. They will give up.

I absolutely agree with you, SCG.

I believe that was the policy not long ago.  History tells us that when cops start shooting at robbers then a lot of innocent bystanders tend to get shot. 

Ironically it's all the attention that mass shootings have gotten lately that prompted a policy change which leads to more gun fights between cops and the people they're chasing.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1592 on: December 07, 2019, 09:32:46 AM »
If cops shoot the hostage there is no chance of saving the hostage.
They could have backed away and waited.

Backed away and waited while they were getting shot at by the suspects?
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1593 on: December 07, 2019, 10:58:56 AM »
It's so weird to me that the more heavily armed the police become the worse their training gets. They should be spending more time training, and weeding out people who don't belong.

There is a reason for it: the job sucks.
Bad hours.  People who could kill you in the blink of an eye.  Constant state of hypervigilence. 

So what can you do but hire people who shouldn't be cops just so you have enough people.

I don't believe that. Lots of jobs suck. People could kill you in the blink of an eye while you're buying groceries. Being a police officer isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs in the US.

The people who would be good police are probably turned off by the corruption of it all. Why would a good human being want to work at a job that regularly steals from citizens? Where their coworkers get away with murder and rape? Where speaking out against corruption can get you killed? They are actively making this job unattractive to the very people who would be best for the job.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1594 on: December 07, 2019, 04:57:54 PM »

You haven't read Douglass Adams?    I'm dissapointed.

I've never heard the name.

Does he influence your vote?

Probably,  but only if I keep my sense of humor.   

On the subject of Presidents,   his view was that under no circumstances should anyone who wants to become President ever be allowed to. 

I don't know his views on police shooting innocent bystanders,  but I can guess.

He did however make some pertinent observations about police parking ability.

“There were three of them, three police cars left askew across the road in a way that transcended mere parking. It sent out a massive signal to the world saying that the law was here now taking charge of things, and that anyone who just had normal, good and cheerful business to conduct in Lupton Road could just fuck off.”

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 05:00:11 PM by JerkFace »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1595 on: December 07, 2019, 09:56:50 PM »

On the subject of Presidents,   his view was that under no circumstances should anyone who wants to become President ever be allowed to.

Hahaha, I instantly love the dude.

I think the President should be chosen like jury duty.
You get a letter telling you to pack your bags and show up at the White House.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1596 on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:53 PM »

Hahaha, I instantly love the dude.

I think the President should be chosen like jury duty.
You get a letter telling you to pack your bags and show up at the White House.

See if you can get a copy of  Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.   It should appeal to your sense of humor.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #1597 on: December 09, 2019, 02:13:37 AM »
Bad hours.  People who could kill you in the blink of an eye.  Constant state of hypervigilence. 
And donut icing gets everywhere.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1598 on: December 30, 2019, 02:31:03 PM »
This doesn't count as a mass shooting, but it's another shooting in a church. This time the shooter was not counting on the congregation to be armed, I guess? https://www.rt.com/viral/477068-people-shot-church-white-settlement-texas/

A gunman killed one and injured another person during a service at a church in White Settlement, Texas, before a parishioner shot him dead.

In a graphic livestreamed video from the service, the gunman - wearing a black hood - approaches the communion server before pulling out what appears to be a shotgun. He manages to shoot two worshippers at point-black range as the panicked crowd dives for cover among the wooden pews. Before the gunman can squeeze off a third shot, an armed "heroic parishioner" as police later call him shoots the perpetrator. Multiple other bystanders pull weapons and encircle the man.

I watched the video. Don't mess with Texans at church, mofos.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #1599 on: December 30, 2019, 02:57:58 PM »
Honestly, it strikes me as "suicide by cop".  Just the way it went down.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1600 on: November 20, 2020, 02:40:31 PM »
https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-injured-active-shooter-incident-wisconsins-mayfair-mall/story?id=74325556

Multiple injured in active shooter incident at Wisconsin's Mayfair Mall: Mayor
The perpetrator is "at large," the mayor said.

Multiple people were injured in a shooting at the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, on Friday, the local mayor said.

None of the victims' injuries appear to be life-threatening and they are being taken to the hospital, Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride told ABC News.

The perpetrator is "at large," the mayor said.

About 75 officers have descended on the scene in Wauwatosa, about 6 miles outside Milwaukee. The FBI's Milwaukee office also said it was responding to assist local law enforcement personnel.

Haven't been too many shooting sprees since the corone took over.

« Reply #1601 on: November 21, 2020, 01:20:50 AM »
This doesn't count as a mass shooting, but it's another shooting in a church. This time the shooter was not counting on the congregation to be armed, I guess? https://www.rt.com/viral/477068-people-shot-church-white-settlement-texas/

A gunman killed one and injured another person during a service at a church in White Settlement, Texas, before a parishioner shot him dead.

In a graphic livestreamed video from the service, the gunman - wearing a black hood - approaches the communion server before pulling out what appears to be a shotgun. He manages to shoot two worshippers at point-black range as the panicked crowd dives for cover among the wooden pews. Before the gunman can squeeze off a third shot, an armed "heroic parishioner" as police later call him shoots the perpetrator. Multiple other bystanders pull weapons and encircle the man.

I watched the video. Don't mess with Texans at church, mofos.

And in a town called White Settlement too.  Is it in Manifest Destiny County?

(Sorry if that’s bad taste)

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #1602 on: November 23, 2020, 06:48:30 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin-police-arrest-15-old-231544816.html

Guns can be bad but once again they are not the problem. The shooter was a 15 year old.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1603 on: November 23, 2020, 11:20:26 AM »
Guns don't kill people.  People kill people.  Guns just make it easier for people to kill people.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1604 on: November 23, 2020, 04:49:32 PM »
Guns don't kill people.  People kill people.  Guns just make it easier for people to kill people.

Yeah, without a gun you have to throw the bullets really hard.

Stash

« Reply #1605 on: November 23, 2020, 05:16:41 PM »

Yeah, without a gun you have to throw the bullets really hard.

Guns and bullets don't kill people, a good arm and aim does.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1606 on: November 23, 2020, 05:26:04 PM »
I used to have a neighbor who said "it's not the bullet that kills you, it's the velocity". 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1607 on: November 23, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #1608 on: November 24, 2020, 12:48:45 AM »
I used to have a neighbor who said "it's not the bullet that kills you, it's the velocity".
Thats just wrong, from a physics point of view.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1609 on: November 24, 2020, 02:35:22 AM »

Guns can be bad but once again they are not the problem. The shooter was a 15 year old.

I mean fuck me, this? And all the “Guns don’t kill people they just give me the throbs, and I need muh guns to feel like a man, cos basically I’m a massive coward in a tutu too scared without one to function as a rational human being.”

FFS America, grow the fuck up. Ask these guys if guns kill people.

And relax………..
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

High Priestess of the “Society for the Promotion of Arbitrary Moderation” (SPAM)

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1610 on: November 24, 2020, 03:22:47 AM »
See? With your guns!

Bastards.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

High Priestess of the “Society for the Promotion of Arbitrary Moderation” (SPAM)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1611 on: November 24, 2020, 05:09:14 AM »
It's so weird to me that the more heavily armed the police become the worse their training gets. They should be spending more time training, and weeding out people who don't belong.

So what can you do but hire people who shouldn't be cops just so you have enough people.

I don't believe that. Lots of jobs suck. People could kill you in the blink of an eye while you're buying groceries. Being a police officer isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs in the US.

The people who would be good police are probably turned off by the corruption of it all. Why would a good human being want to work at a job that regularly steals from citizens? Where their coworkers get away with murder and rape? Where speaking out against corruption can get you killed? They are actively making this job unattractive to the very people who would be best for the job.

Yeah, the police specifically recruit people who will be loyal and follow orders.  They even have a policy against hiring people that are 'too smart' which they got sued over and managed to win in court.

They want team players, meaning team police, not team citizen.

« Reply #1612 on: November 24, 2020, 05:11:44 AM »
See? With your guns!

Bastards.

If Bambi had been carrying then she would have been able to defend herself and this would never have happened. 

You're going to think twice about engaging with that mofo.  The solution to guns is more guns!
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #1613 on: November 24, 2020, 08:31:30 AM »
See? With your guns!

Bastards.

If Bambi had been carrying then she would have been able to defend herself and this would never have happened. 

You're going to think twice about engaging with that mofo.  The solution to guns is more guns!

How would bambi pull the trigger tho? It cant  move its antler.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1614 on: November 24, 2020, 08:52:44 AM »

How would bambi pull the trigger tho? It cant  move its antler.
Don't you see where the pack says "TELE CONTROL"?  Obviously that means that it's telepathically controlled.

BTW, Bambi is a boy, hence the antlers.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #1615 on: March 19, 2021, 02:12:17 AM »
How is this for a tone deaf response?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-19/atlanta-shootings-reveal-scourge-of-asian-hate-crimes-amid-covid/13258270

This week, shootings at three spas near the US city of Atlanta, Georgia left eight people dead. Six of those people were women of Asian descent.

The public did what it does best when incidents of violence form an unmistakable pattern.

They prayed for the victims, called for gun control and, most of all, sought answers on the perpetrator's motivation — any shred of detail that could help them understand whether it would happen again and whether, next time, it would happen to them.

This is how a 23-minute press conference became the subject of national outrage, the spark lifting a long-simmering conversation into a full-blown debate.

The 21-year-old man charged with murder told police he was suffering from a "sexual addiction" and had frequented the businesses he targeted.

"It's a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate," a County Sheriff told reporters.
LIVE UPDATES: Read our blog for the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemic.

"It's still early on ... but the indicators right now are that it might not be [racially motivated]."

The Sheriff's spokesman explained the man's mindset as "pretty much fed up. He was at the end of his rope".

"Yesterday was a really bad day for him," the spokesman said.
"And this is what he did."

So the next time you have a bad day, apparently, shooting up a bunch of people is just a thing you can do

The loser should have pointed the gun to his own dick if he wanted to get rid of his temptations. And then because he's a dickhead, point the gun to the dick on his head and pull the trigger

And yet, even with shit like this happening, the repugnican party objects / votes against a bill condemning anti-Asian sentiment and hate. Fuck 'em.

A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

« Reply #1616 on: March 19, 2021, 04:07:17 AM »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-19/atlanta-shootings-reveal-scourge-of-asian-hate-crimes-amid-covid/13258270

This week, shootings at three spas near the US city of Atlanta, Georgia left eight people dead. Six of those people were women of Asian descent.

The public did what it does best when incidents of violence form an unmistakable pattern.

They prayed for the victims, called for gun control and, most of all, sought answers on the perpetrator's motivation — any shred of detail that could help them understand whether it would happen again and whether, next time, it would happen to them.

This is how a 23-minute press conference became the subject of national outrage, the spark lifting a long-simmering conversation into a full-blown debate.

The 21-year-old man charged with murder told police he was suffering from a "sexual addiction" and had frequented the businesses he targeted.

"It's a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate," a County Sheriff told reporters.

"It's still early on ... but the indicators right now are that it might not be [racially motivated]."

The Sheriff's spokesman explained the man's mindset as "pretty much fed up. He was at the end of his rope".

So the next time you have a bad day, apparently, shooting up a bunch of people is just a thing you can do

The loser should have pointed the gun to his own dick if he wanted to get rid of his temptations. And then because he's a dickhead, point the gun to the dick on his head and pull the trigger

And yet, even with shit like this happening, the repugnican party objects / votes against a bill condemning anti-Asian sentiment and hate. Fuck 'em.
The shooting had nothing to do with race.

The shooter told the entire world this.

The guy was a nut job.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #1617 on: March 19, 2021, 04:12:48 AM »

The guy was a nut job.

Yeah, the shooter is such a reliable and non biased source of information ::) I'm sure Asian women in America can feel at ease that their country respects them ::)

However the particular point I referred to in the quote was how somehow 'having a bad day' is an excuse.

« Reply #1618 on: March 19, 2021, 04:19:16 AM »

The guy was a nut job.

Yeah, the shooter is such a reliable and non biased source of information ::) I'm sure Asian women in America can feel at ease that their country respects them ::)

However the particular point I referred to in the quote was how somehow 'having a bad day' is an excuse.
Unlike you, he is a very direct source.

You, as your nom de plume states, are blind to the truth.

Having a bad day should be something with which you are highly familiar.

You choose to spread your bad day around in the only manner you are capable of doing.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #1619 on: March 19, 2021, 04:24:59 AM »

The guy was a nut job.

Unlike you, he is a very direct source.

You, as your nom de plume states, are blind to the truth.

Having a bad day should be something with which you are highly familiar.

You choose to spread your bad day around in the only manner you are capable of doing.

Yeah, keep giving credence to mass murdering evil pieces of human garbage. That sounds just like the guy you are. Whatever, troll. We know you dont give a fuck about anyone else but your own miserable POS existence. But maybe you yanks are so numb to mass murder you stopped giving a shit a long time ago. Just another day in the U.S of A.

What a shithole