Another mass shooting...

• 1599 Replies

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1590 on: December 07, 2019, 09:29:03 AM »
If cops shoot the hostage there is no chance of saving the hostage.
They could have backed away and waited.

RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #1591 on: December 07, 2019, 09:30:45 AM »
If cops would just wait, people get tired and eventually just give up.
Let the adrenaline wear off.

I've seen car chases where they just follow until the driver realizes the game is over.
Driver pulls over, gets out and lays out flat.

Aggressive Policing causes aggressive resistance.
Nobody wants to go to jail.

Wait the crook out. They will give up.

I absolutely agree with you, SCG.

I believe that was the policy not long ago.  History tells us that when cops start shooting at robbers then a lot of innocent bystanders tend to get shot. 

Ironically it's all the attention that mass shootings have gotten lately that prompted a policy change which leads to more gun fights between cops and the people they're chasing.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1592 on: December 07, 2019, 09:32:46 AM »
If cops shoot the hostage there is no chance of saving the hostage.
They could have backed away and waited.

Backed away and waited while they were getting shot at by the suspects?
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1593 on: December 07, 2019, 10:58:56 AM »
It's so weird to me that the more heavily armed the police become the worse their training gets. They should be spending more time training, and weeding out people who don't belong.

There is a reason for it: the job sucks.
Bad hours.  People who could kill you in the blink of an eye.  Constant state of hypervigilence. 

So what can you do but hire people who shouldn't be cops just so you have enough people.

I don't believe that. Lots of jobs suck. People could kill you in the blink of an eye while you're buying groceries. Being a police officer isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs in the US.

The people who would be good police are probably turned off by the corruption of it all. Why would a good human being want to work at a job that regularly steals from citizens? Where their coworkers get away with murder and rape? Where speaking out against corruption can get you killed? They are actively making this job unattractive to the very people who would be best for the job.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1594 on: December 07, 2019, 04:57:54 PM »

You haven't read Douglass Adams?    I'm dissapointed.

I've never heard the name.

Does he influence your vote?

Probably,  but only if I keep my sense of humor.   

On the subject of Presidents,   his view was that under no circumstances should anyone who wants to become President ever be allowed to. 

I don't know his views on police shooting innocent bystanders,  but I can guess.

He did however make some pertinent observations about police parking ability.

“There were three of them, three police cars left askew across the road in a way that transcended mere parking. It sent out a massive signal to the world saying that the law was here now taking charge of things, and that anyone who just had normal, good and cheerful business to conduct in Lupton Road could just fuck off.”

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 05:00:11 PM by JerkFace »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #1595 on: December 07, 2019, 09:56:50 PM »

On the subject of Presidents,   his view was that under no circumstances should anyone who wants to become President ever be allowed to.

Hahaha, I instantly love the dude.

I think the President should be chosen like jury duty.
You get a letter telling you to pack your bags and show up at the White House.
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1596 on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:53 PM »

Hahaha, I instantly love the dude.

I think the President should be chosen like jury duty.
You get a letter telling you to pack your bags and show up at the White House.

See if you can get a copy of  Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.   It should appeal to your sense of humor.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #1597 on: December 09, 2019, 02:13:37 AM »
There is a reason for it: the job sucks.
Bad hours.  People who could kill you in the blink of an eye.  Constant state of hypervigilence. 
And donut icing gets everywhere.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1598 on: December 30, 2019, 02:31:03 PM »
This doesn't count as a mass shooting, but it's another shooting in a church. This time the shooter was not counting on the congregation to be armed, I guess? https://www.rt.com/viral/477068-people-shot-church-white-settlement-texas/

A gunman killed one and injured another person during a service at a church in White Settlement, Texas, before a parishioner shot him dead.

In a graphic livestreamed video from the service, the gunman - wearing a black hood - approaches the communion server before pulling out what appears to be a shotgun. He manages to shoot two worshippers at point-black range as the panicked crowd dives for cover among the wooden pews. Before the gunman can squeeze off a third shot, an armed "heroic parishioner" as police later call him shoots the perpetrator. Multiple other bystanders pull weapons and encircle the man.

I watched the video. Don't mess with Texans at church, mofos.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #1599 on: December 30, 2019, 02:57:58 PM »
Honestly, it strikes me as "suicide by cop".  Just the way it went down.