Another mass shooting...

• 1554 Replies

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #1410 on: August 09, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »

Did you watch the trailer? I hadn't heard of this movie until you posted about it, but I just watched the trailer and they did not mention Trump supporters at all. Also, it looks like the ones being hunted are the bad asses of the movie and end up kicking ass and taking names.

That's because Trump supporters aren't confused as to which bathroom to use. ;)

What?

Do you not know a joke when you see one?
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #1411 on: August 09, 2019, 02:20:47 PM »
I chose to quote the first few sentences and link to the article so people could read it themselves. Sorry it made your butt hurt.

I'm all better now.   ;)
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #1412 on: August 09, 2019, 02:47:50 PM »
https://www.apnews.com/456c0154218a4d378e2fb36cd40b709d

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — The man accused of carrying out last weekend’s deadly mass shooting at Walmart in the Texas border city of El Paso confessed to officers while he was surrendering and later explained that he had been targeting Mexicans.

Patrick Crusius, 21, emerged with his hands up from a vehicle that was stopped at an intersection shortly after last Saturday’s attack and told officers, “I’m the shooter,” Detective Adrian Garcia said in an arrest warrant affidavit.

Crusius later waived his Miranda Rights and agreed to speak with detectives, telling them that he had driven to El Paso from the Dallas suburb of Allen — which is where he lived and is a more than 10-hour drive from El Paso — and that he was targeting Mexicans in the attack.

Twenty-two people were killed and about two dozen others were wounded in the attack. Many of the dead had Latino last names and eight of them were Mexican nationals.

Authorities believe Crusius posted a racist online screed that railed against an influx of Hispanics into the U.S. shortly before the attack.

Crusius has been charged with capital murder and is being held without bond. Federal prosecutors have said they are also considering hate-crime charges.

Hours after the attack in El Paso, a gunman killed nine people and wounded many others in Dayton, Ohio.

El Paso sits on the border with Mexico and has a large Latino population.

I don't think this one will be able to use mental illness as a defense.

But how do you differentiate between someone just spouting racist nonsense with no harmful intentions from someone with harmful intentions? Especially when they have no prior police record or red flags(besides racism, of course)?
What?
It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Who wants to be a firefly and who wants to be a blue whale?
-Sceptimatic

Please do not jizz to win an argument.
-Crutonius

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from.
-Inty (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #1413 on: August 09, 2019, 02:56:07 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-universal-hunt-gun-control-hypocrisy

Thoughts?
I think it is extremely lame to attack someone for "hypocrisy" because they want gun control but also made a movie with guns. It's childish, it's like saying "oh, you're in favor of murder being against the law? Well, why did you make a movie about a serial killer then? HYPOCRITE!". Like, come on.

Also, I haven't watched it, but from reading the premise it sounds like something a republican with a victim complex would make tbh.

Edit: looks like I missed a big part of the discussion...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:58:19 PM by Pezevenk »
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1414 on: August 09, 2019, 02:59:02 PM »
Lol watch the trailer to The Hunt. The trumpsters are CLEARLY the good guys.

It doesn't matter who the "good guys" are. If the roles were reversed and Trumpsters were hunting Clintoners or Obamaers or Berniers the outrage would be nuclear.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #1415 on: August 09, 2019, 02:59:58 PM »

It doesn't matter who the "good guys" are. If the roles were reversed and Trumpsters were hunting Clintoners or Obamaers or Berniers the outrage would be nuclear.

Anyone that denies this is either an idiot, brainwashed or a liar.
Quote from: Crutchwater
Quote from: FlatOrange
You can't murder a suicide victim
Tell that to Epstein!

Pezevenk

« Reply #1416 on: August 09, 2019, 03:02:22 PM »

Yes, the outrage by republicans would be nuclear. The internet would explode with Trump supporters whining about how it cultivates liberal victim culture and makes Trump supporters look evil.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #1417 on: August 09, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »

Watch the trailer before spouting your typically uninformed opinion.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1418 on: August 09, 2019, 03:04:52 PM »

Yes, the outrage by republicans would be nuclear. The internet would explode with Trump supporters whining about how it cultivates liberal victim culture and makes Trump supporters look evil.

Wrong, it's in the same vein as Obama deporting more illegal immigrants this far into his presidency(with many families being separated) than Trump has, but Trump is the bad guy.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1419 on: August 09, 2019, 03:09:12 PM »

Watch the trailer before spouting your typically uninformed opinion.

I was answering wesker's post and it seems like it is accurate from what you said as well.
Tell that to Epstein!

Pezevenk

« Reply #1420 on: August 09, 2019, 03:09:43 PM »

Wrong, it's in the same vein as Obama deporting more illegal immigrants this far into his presidency(with many families being separated) than Trump has, but Trump is the bad guy.
I don't understand how this has anything to do with the movie.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1421 on: August 09, 2019, 03:13:24 PM »

I don't understand how this has anything to do with the movie.

The article was about the movie company pushing for gun control while simultaneously promoting a movie full of guns and shooting and killing.

But if the roles were reversed, as I said, the liberal outrage would be palpable.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1422 on: August 09, 2019, 03:21:42 PM »

The article was about the movie company pushing for gun control while simultaneously promoting a movie full of guns and shooting and killing.

But if the roles were reversed, as I said, the liberal outrage would be palpable.
First of all, as I said earlier, saying "durr you hypocrite because you makes movie with guns but you like gun control lol" is ridiculous, it would make everyone who's ever made a movie where anything illegal happens a hypocrite if they support that law. Made a movie where someone is killed but don't like murder? Hypocrite. Made a movie where someone is raped but don't want to be raped? Hypocrite. It's nonsense.

Second, the movie clearly makes the Trump supporters look like badass good guys. I don't understand why you think there would be outrage by liberals if the movie had reversed roels. If the movie had reversed laws it would be the republicans who would be mad at the movie for being liberal propaganda.

Also read the synopsis:

Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don't know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen... for a very specific purpose... The Hunt. In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of globalist elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites' master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters' game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar (R) winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all.

So... The liberals who put them there are also killed...

Somehow republicans have managed to get upset over a movie that is borderline propaganda for their side, as far as someone can tell from the available material.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #1423 on: August 09, 2019, 03:46:57 PM »

Thoughts?

A bunch of liberals with firearms? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1424 on: August 09, 2019, 03:48:45 PM »

Thoughts?

A bunch of liberals with firearms? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Must be how the Trumpers win, those libs can't shoot for shit ;)

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1425 on: August 09, 2019, 03:55:30 PM »

Thoughts?

Must be how the Trumpers win, those libs can't shoot for shit ;)

You don't even need guns to take them down.

Just a super sonic clapping device will win the war in a day.
Tell that to Epstein!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1426 on: August 09, 2019, 04:01:52 PM »

Did you watch the trailer? I hadn't heard of this movie until you posted about it, but I just watched the trailer and they did not mention Trump supporters at all. Also, it looks like the ones being hunted are the bad asses of the movie and end up kicking ass and taking names.

That's because Trump supporters aren't confused as to which bathroom to use. ;)

What?

Do you not know a joke when you see one?

I know a joke that doesn't make sense when I see one. lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #1427 on: August 09, 2019, 04:04:03 PM »

Right?

We are being bullied by dorks with milk shakes.
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Lorddave

« Reply #1428 on: August 09, 2019, 10:25:19 PM »

Did... Did I just read people reading into a movie trailer as political statements and complaining that the other side would be even madder than they are?

You all do realize that both sides would be equally mad at having a movie say "You're a bunch of evil people", right?  Stop trying to think you're somehow more virtuous by reason of it being "your side".

Its like when you complain at the other kid hit you harder.  Guess what?  Ya both hurt each other.  Stop arguing.

God....

Lorddave

« Reply #1429 on: August 10, 2019, 12:26:33 AM »
Also:

Trump Says He Supports 'Intelligent' Background Checks https://n.pr/2KF9le9

Anyone else find it disturbing that it took not kids, teens, or gay people at a club dying, but mexicans at a walmart for Republicans to talk about gun control?

Pezevenk

« Reply #1430 on: August 10, 2019, 12:52:50 AM »

Right?

We are being bullied by dorks with milk shakes.
Well conservatives do seem to find milkshakes extremely threatening, so...
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1431 on: August 10, 2019, 12:57:11 AM »
Also:

Anyone else find it disturbing that it took not kids, teens, or gay people at a club dying, but mexicans at a walmart for Republicans to talk about gun control?

I suppose it's better late then never.

Though really, it won't make any difference as we are talking about such a small .000000 percentage of the population
Tell that to Epstein!

Lorddave

« Reply #1432 on: August 10, 2019, 01:10:01 AM »
Also:

Though really, it won't make any difference as we are talking about such a small .000000 percentage of the population

Such a small percentage of muslims are terrorists.  Didn't stop anyone from hating them all or Trump wanting to ban travel from certain countries.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1433 on: August 10, 2019, 02:02:12 AM »
Also:

Such a small percentage of muslims are terrorists.  Didn't stop anyone from hating them all or Trump wanting to ban travel from certain countries.

Actually stopped alot of people. That was just a stunt.

Though to be fair, there are tons of radicalized Muslims, just not that many make it to the states. However, other countries should definitely do something to protect themselves
Tell that to Epstein!

Lorddave

« Reply #1434 on: August 10, 2019, 02:29:03 AM »
Also:

Though to be fair, there are tons of radicalized Muslims, just not that many make it to the states. However, other countries should definitely do something to protect themselves

Tons is still a small percentage.  0.01% is 1.8 million.  Its all relative.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1435 on: August 10, 2019, 05:16:48 AM »
Also:

What "other countries"? What are you basing that on? Unless you're talking about the middle east, or various majority Muslim countries around the world,what you are saying is completely wrong.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 05:20:40 AM by Pezevenk »
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1436 on: August 10, 2019, 06:35:21 AM »

Did... Did I just read people reading into a movie trailer as political statements and complaining that the other side would be even madder than they are?

You all do realize that both sides would be equally mad at having a movie say "You're a bunch of evil people", right?  Stop trying to think you're somehow more virtuous by reason of it being "your side".

Its like when you complain at the other kid hit you harder.  Guess what?  Ya both hurt each other.  Stop arguing.

God....

I'm not mad, bro.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1437 on: August 10, 2019, 07:18:47 AM »
You mad.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1438 on: August 10, 2019, 07:26:01 AM »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1439 on: August 10, 2019, 07:35:40 AM »
Don't you think it's interesting that the big media channels try to keep us against each other? Like making it seem that the movie was liberals hunting Trump supporters, or CNN trying to make us mad at Walmart for taking their game displays down. They all try to make the "other side" seem hypocritical, and they all deceive us. The more outraged we are, the more we tune in.