Discussions!
« on: November 08, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »
If the world is flat, then why cant i see say tokyo from canada

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Discussions!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 09:34:19 PM »
1) Tokyo would too small to see, unless you used a powerful telescope.

2) More importantly, whether the earth is flat or a Globe, the visibility limit even in the clearest atmosphere of a few hundred kilometres.

Coincidentally, I made this post today in a thread about a world distance record photograph over 443 km:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:19:26 PM by rabinoz »

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:09:03 AM »

You can say whatever you like. Even Tokyo. YOU HAVE THE POWER!

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 10:09:53 AM »
I don't know if you could do this with the Tokyo example.
But I used to experiment with the old Kodak Ektachrome Infra-Red  35mm film and my SLR  35 mmm camera and a special filter  (Wratten 87C or similar)  to go with the film. This eliminated the haze and atmospherics problem.
So, theoretically, if you had a powerful enough telescopic lens, camera, film and filter, you should  be able to take pictures of Tokyo from your location in Canada......If the earth was flat.
I know the film may no longer be available , but surely this could have been done in the past.
Considering all those many old infra-red photos, why haven't we seen any of Tokyo as you mentioned ?
This would seem to take care of the "atmoplanic" problems ......If the earth was flat ?
Considering how photography is so  popular in Japan and all the avid "camera buffs" there are in Japan, surely there might even be pictures of Canada taken from Tokyo ? ........If the earth was flat ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:56:19 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »
But I used to experiment with the old Kodak Ektachrome Infra-Red  35mm film and my SLR  35 mmm camera and a special filter  (Wratten 87C or similar)  to go with the film. This eliminated the haze and atmospherics problem.
So, theoretically, if you had a powerful enough telescopic lens, camera, film and filter, you should  be able to take pictures of Tokyo from your location in Canada......If the earth was flat.
I know the film may no longer be available , but surely this could have been done in the past.

Infrared photography is still about, it's just digital these days.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »

Infrared photography is still about, it's just digital these days.

So......it looks like the person in Canada could take pictures of Tokyo.........If the earth was flat.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

JackBlack

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:21:44 AM »
I know that IR will let you get further, I don't know if it will let you get all the way to Tokyo from Canada.