Have To Bring This Up

• 34 Replies
Re: Have To Bring This Up
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 01:03:58 PM »
You can fake a little of 0g underwater. Ask the Chinese regarding their latest 'space walk'.
But you wouldn't be able to have the aquanauts talking and breathing in without a suit, nor would they be able to play with droplets of water, or have their hair not obviously wet.
The mechanics of moving through water are vastly different to moving through air or space.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 01:13:12 PM »
You can fake a little of 0g underwater. Ask the Chinese regarding their latest 'space walk'.
But you wouldn't be able to have the aquanauts talking and breathing in without a suit, nor would they be able to play with droplets of water, or have their hair not obviously wet.
The mechanics of moving through water are vastly different to moving through air or space.

I agree, but that Chinese space walk was a little LOL. They had all their space suits on for it. Don't they train for 0g in underwater?

Certainly nothing wrong with the ISS footage. It is what it is. On the topic of 0g, I'm just pointing out you can replicate some of it underwater and make it look pretty with some Adobe product.

Might be difficult doing live without the space suits. Pretty sure the 'waternaughts' would drown and you'd see blood pouring out their nose.

Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

Werenasa XXII - Register here https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=86459.0

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 01:18:35 PM »
do you teach your children the same way?
if they explain something that is correct in a way you don't like you start to argue against them with incorrect statements?
I certainly would, and I do the same with students.
I don't care if what they say is correct, I care if they are able to justify it.

If they say Earth is round because they like doughnuts and they are round, I will point out that their argument is pure garbage.
I might even make up an equally flawed argument against their claim to show them the error of their ways.

but would you present this flawed argument (and a lot more) all the time and a student ask you to show evidence for that argument simply ignore that request and still keep arguing with that flawed argument (and a lot more)?
you would have at one point show why you present a flawed argument and tell why his argument was wrong for a correct system.

that would be the complete way to teach, not like Jane, who stopped half way and keep arguing for a wrong system.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 01:41:18 PM »
but would you present this flawed argument (and a lot more) all the time and a student ask you to show evidence for that argument simply ignore that request and still keep arguing with that flawed argument (and a lot more)?
you would have at one point show why you present a flawed argument and tell why his argument was wrong for a correct system.

that would be the complete way to teach, not like Jane, who stopped half way and keep arguing for a wrong system.
That would depend upon how well the person is understanding it.
Jane isn't just presenting the flawed argument, she is also saying why your argument is flawed.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 03:01:19 PM »

what logic does not hold? the logic of reality?

you are way more unlogic, you argue for denpressure that is impossible in reality.

and if you want to claim that it is possible than you have to provide any evidence for that claim.
but not one person was able to present any evidence that denpressure is possible.
there are only incomplete explanations or explanations that are completely wrong.
Do you seriously not understand the concept of arguing poorly for the correct point of view?

The quality of an argument has no inherent link to the quality of the point of view. I could say that the Earth's round because it got rolled up by a giant beetle, duh, that doesn't make it a good argument just because I'm saying the world's round.