Re: Most Ridiculous Thing A FE Has Said To Prove A Flat Earth

• 22 Replies
?

robintex

• Ranters
« on: October 31, 2017, 01:50:58 PM »
I am posting this in this "Debate" section to avoid any possibilities of problems in postings in the other sections.

IMHO this concept or experiment could be performed with a laser beam aimed across the lake to avoid the posibility of the sag if the fishing line was  used.

I will leave the details to those who want to further explore the geometry of the setup and  the expected and actual results to prove the earth was flat or round, but they should be obvious.

Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »
You cant use a laser....
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Re: Most Ridiculous Thing A FE Has Said To Prove A Flat Earth
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:44:00 PM »
The original topic is in FE General.  Why do you think you would be in trouble for posting this in the other thread?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NAZA

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 04:11:42 PM »
The original topic is in FE General.  Why do you think you would be in trouble for posting this in the other thread?

Probably thought he was at that other site that shall not be named.   :D

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 04:23:30 PM »
Or he though it was in Q&A. He has a hard time understanding the purpose of Q&A.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 04:27:33 PM »
Or he though it was in Q&A. He has a hard time understanding the purpose of Q&A.

Which is understandable because it doesn't work. It's exactly like General and Debate except the threads start out there before being moved to Debate or General.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 04:32:01 PM »
Nah, I move the ones that shouldn't have been there in the first place. I split off the junk answers all the time, though.

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 04:41:42 PM »

No "FE" has ever said anything that proves a flat earth, so this question cannot be answered with facts or truth.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 06:24:50 PM »

Which is understandable because it doesn't work. It's exactly like General and Debate except the threads start out there before being moved to Debate or General.

Just thought I would start here and eliminate the moving process.
It has been my observation that round earth facts and posts by round earthers are only permitted in the Debate section unless you want to get a warning or get banned.
The General and Q&A are just for FE's ?

Chorus:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »

It has been my observation that round earth facts and posts by round earthers are only permitted in the Debate section unless you want to get a warning or get banned.

Googleotomy... have you read anything posted in FE General?  rabinoz posts there all the time! It's Q&A you need to stay out of, unless you're giving the FE answer or asking a question about FET.

Also, I wouldn't permanently ban you for posting in the wrong forum. I have been trying to explain it to you for months, though. lol

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 07:23:52 PM »

Googleotomy... have you read anything posted in FE General?  rabinoz posts there all the time! It's Q&A you need to stay out of, unless you're giving the FE answer or asking a question about FET.

Also, I wouldn't permanently ban you for posting in the wrong forum. I have been trying to explain it to you for months, though. lol

The Q&A is a minefield. Best to stay out of it entirely. You can get a harsh reprimand even if you follow the flat earth wiki to provide an answer. Admittedly, the wiki answers sound utterly ridiculous, but hardly my fault

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 07:45:58 PM »
You cant use a laser....
Why not ?
You  can't use a string or fishing line because of the sag problem.

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 07:51:50 PM »

No "FE" has ever said anything that proves a flat earth, so this question cannot be answered with facts or truth.
That is beside the point.
I am looking for flat earth answers..period.

Flat Earthers:
Do you have a practical way to do this "thing" ?

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 07:58:34 PM »

That's what I mean. I may have mis-interpreted the warnimgs and bans but it seemed they were for an RE posting FE or RE facts in the Q&A section.

Chorus:

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 07:14:53 PM »
This seems like the same thing as seeing something very far away on land. From Calgary, Canada you can see the mountains, 50 miles away.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 02:09:32 PM »
You cant use a laser....
Why not ?
You  can't use a string or fishing line because of the sag problem.

That's why you can't use it... it might work...
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »
SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR WHINGING AND YOUR BULLSHIT

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF YOU
OF ANY OF THISE

WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT IN DEDICATING YEARS TO FET WHEN YOU CJUNTS COME ALONG AND SPEW THIS

YOU CAN'T EVEN USE YOUR FUCKING BRAINS AND YET YOU ACT SO GODDAMN SMUGG

WHY THE FUCK DID I BOTHER
If you chose to dedicate years to a lost false cause and it still doesn't work, don't swear at us!

That's your fault for backing the wrong horse, live with it!

But basically, you cannot simply start with the assumption that the earth is flat and gravitation is false, etc.

You have to look at all available evidence, without discarding the bits that you personally do not like, and when the evidence is in decide:
  • if the earth is flat or a Globe,
  • whether the earth is stationary or rotates,
  • whether or not the earth orbits the sun and
  • how gravity/gravitation behaves.
In real life, the flat or Globe aspect was decided back around 2500 BC and serious contrary evidence has not yet turned up.
Even before 300 BC there were suggestions that the earth rotated and even orbited the sun, but for quite logical reasons (for the time) these ideas were rejected.
The earth's rotation came up again in around 500 AD, but was not generally accepted till well after the time of Copernicus.

There were various ideas about what we call gravity long before Newton, but Newton and Hooke, partly based on the findings of others and partly based on a tremendous amount of observation and measurement came up with what we now call Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation.
I include Robert Hooke because he did a lot of the research and probably was the originator of the well-known inverse square law. We probably should call it the Newton/Hooke's Law of Universal Gravitation.

What comes out of all of this is that it is completely impossible for any one person, working without the means to gather the required information about the earth, sun, moon, planets and stars, to develop a realistic model of the earth, etc.

I do not doubt that you, sceptimatic, sandokhan and İntikam are very intelligent people, but working separately, without full and correct data you come up with totally different ideas as to the flat earth shape and "operation".

'Nuff said.

Mikey T.

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »
The Earth is flat. 
This is the most ridiculas thing that has been said here to me, all others are just acutremont to this perfectly crafted stupid statement.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 09:36:01 PM »
The Earth is flat. 
This is the most ridiculas thing that has been said here to me, all others are just acutremont to this perfectly crafted stupid statement.
What do you mean? This horizon looks flat to me!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:38:52 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »
I’ve seen π = 4 at least twice, but I can’t remember why that was supposed to be support for the flat earth argument.

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »
Literally everyone does. It should have a notice at the top "Please don't post in this sub forum" - this would save a lot of bother, especially for the mods enforcing the opaque and arcane rules.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JackBlack

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 01:12:19 PM »
Literally everyone does. It should have a notice at the top "Please don't post in this sub forum" - this would save a lot of bother, especially for the mods enforcing the opaque and arcane rules.
You mean this one:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=12659.0
Stickied to the top.

It sure does lose its impact when it has 2 other posts full of crap stickied beside it one of which is stickied everywhere I think).

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 05:19:38 PM »
You mean this one:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=12659.0
Stickied to the top.

It sure does lose its impact when it has 2 other posts full of crap stickied beside it one of which is stickied everywhere I think).

Yeah, it's really not hard to understand.