Hiring Security Consultant

• 8 Replies

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
Hiring Security Consultant
« on: October 28, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »
I'll be hiring a security consultant to look over our site and analyze the vulnerabilities and the recent attack.
[John Davis is a DANGEROUS TERRORIST who MAKES US LOOK BAD

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
Re: Hiring Security Consultant
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 01:19:37 AM »
congratulations. Be careful firstly, he should not be a rounder.
I don't take jack'inoz (rab'black) the fierce globularist as an interlocutor in no way.

ANNIHILATOR OF JOHN TURD DAVIS

John Davis

• Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 01:29:34 AM »
I have decided on a friend of mine that works at a local security house. I know I can trust him.

I may push this date up as I have a lot going on tomorrow, but I've already started talking to him about a few steps I can take in the meanwhile.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 02:48:26 AM »
nice

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 10:02:45 AM »
congratulations. Be careful firstly, he should not be a rounder.

I concur.  This individual should be rigorously questioned on his beliefs regarding the shape of the earth lest you get a NASA sympathizer.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 04:24:24 PM »
I have decided on a friend of mine that works at a local security house. I know I can trust him.

I may push this date up as I have a lot going on tomorrow, but I've already started talking to him about a few steps I can take in the meanwhile.

I will beat his quote. Go with him in the face of this offer, and face the wrath of the membership for wasting their cash. Go with me for a safe and secure society.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

NAZA

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 05:10:05 PM »
I suggest Hoppy.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »
I'll be hiring a security consultant to look over our site and analyze the vulnerabilities and the recent attack.

This is probably a good idea. Can't you get some help directly from five eyes? Surely they could help their psyop asset under the table.

Exteme crew are a bunch of noobs, the same kid dreamx made some friends. Intikam was right he is from indonesia, not that hard to find. You guys are just wide open to a ddos attack, even a low and slow ddos. Pretty sure thats how they got you in the last attack, hard to defend against for a site this size.

I saw it go down, you had it back online pretty quick. If they didn't stop the attack and you shut them down that was reasonably impressive on your part. Last time you were down for a few days.

Also I think you should make an announcement telling people not to use their real password here and change their secure passwords if the password has been used here.

Also be aware if you piss enough people off nothing will keep you safe online.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1373621/Anonymous-hackers-hit-Playstation-Sony-websites-revenge-lawsuit.html
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

John Davis

• Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 09:47:52 AM »
I've talked it over with him and he's going to help a with checking for some common vulnerabilities. During this he's going to assess what measures are worthwhile to pursue. I'll see if he can drop by at some point, or at least pass on a message. And I'll of course make whatever non-sensitive information available to everyone here. It's as much your home as it is mine.