Th3rms most compelling evidence and why he believes the earth is flat.

• 319 Replies
Re: Th3rms most compelling evidence and why he believes the earth is flat.
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2017, 11:51:56 PM »
Obviously mountains exist. Nice counter point.
Ever been to space?  ::)

By your logic, neither have you therefore you don't get a say in the shape either. You best observational opinion would then have to be "I don't know what shape the earth is, round or flat"
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2017, 11:52:56 PM »

By your logic, neither have you therefore you don't get a say in the shape either. You best observational opinion would then have to be "I don't know what shape the earth is, round or flat"

Okay. So?

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2017, 12:02:37 AM »

Okay. So?

So why are you arguing for a flat earth without any knowledge or proof that it is that shape?

You sure your IQ wasn't actually 40-45? I think you may have slotted in that 1 to make yourself feel special. You didn't need too. People with low IQ's are already considered 'special'

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2017, 12:05:02 AM »

Okay. So?

So why are you arguing for a flat earth without any knowledge or proof that it is that shape?

You sure your IQ wasn't actually 40-45? I think you may have slotted in that 1 to make yourself feel special. You didn't need too. People with low IQ's are already considered 'special'

To take a page from your playbook, why would you argue chemtrails or any of the other crazy stuff you ramble about without any knowledge or proof that they even exist?

At least I know the Earth exists.

Calling me retarded isn't a valid point either.

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2017, 12:08:27 AM »

Okay. So?

To take a page from your playbook, why would you argue chemtrails or any of the other crazy stuff you ramble about without any knowledge or proof that they even exist?

Nice deflection. I was only asking questions not stating facts. Discuss with me in the other thread if you wish to debate that

No one is denying the Earth exists. No one. WTF even bring that up for????

I did not call you retarded. I was asking you about your IQ and if it was correct. I did not state as if it were a fact you are retarded. I don't know. That's why I ask. To know. Are you retarded? I don't judge. It's OK

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2017, 12:09:59 AM »

Okay. So?

Nice deflection. I was only asking questions not stating facts. Discuss with me in the other thread if you wish to debate that

No one is denying the Earth exists. No one. WTF even bring that up for????

I did not call you retarded. I was asking you about your IQ and if it was correct. I did not state as if it were a fact you are retarded. I don't know. That's why I ask. To know. Are you retarded? I don't judge. It's OK

I think we're done here.

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2017, 12:10:45 AM »
Very well. Great sparring with you. I think we learnt a lot about you in here

Seeya

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2017, 12:12:12 AM »

Seeya

I learned nothing about you, you're exactly as dense and shallow as you seem.
It's late. I'm tired.

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2017, 12:14:26 AM »

Seeya

I learned nothing about you, you're exactly as dense and shallow as you seem.
It's late. I'm tired.

Oh OK, so maybe see you tomorrow for another round? If you're up for it of course... Also, I appreciate the bump in my post count  ;)

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2017, 12:52:17 AM »
Now, what about some evidence for this pancake earth, other than "It looks flat.".

Sorry, I thought that was obvious sarcasm.
Also, sorry, I realised that, but could not resist the temptation.
Especially as many, possibly including myself,
do not achieve their full potential because "The only sure way to avoid making mistakes is to have no new ideas."

But, I was serious about, "Now, what about some evidence for this pancake earth, other than 'It looks flat'."

JackBlack

« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2017, 02:47:37 AM »
It looks flat.
BS. We have been over this before.
The horizon means it looks round.
The only times it can "look flat" is when you cannot see the horizon, which results in it looking flat, round, cubic, dodecahedral, concave, convex, etc.

So that isn't a reason for thinking it is flat.

So why do you think it is flat?

Not sure, probably a disk.
The north pole is to the north. The south pole is to the south.
Yes, everywhere (except at the poles).
Impossible on a flat surface.

What of them? You don't think it'd be much easier to fake the moon landings than actually going?
With the technology of the time, no. It would be easier to go to the moon than fake it.

See, the difference here is that I can give reasons why I believe something. You're unable to do so.
Again, no you can't. All you can provide is pure bullshit.
You are yet to provide a justification for why you believe Earth is flat.

Meanwhile we have provided mountains of reasons for why we believe Earth is round, which you have been completely unable to refute.

Have you ever seen it not look flat?
YES!!!
Every time I have seen a clear horizon.

I have never seen it unambiguously look flat.
Every time where it has appeared in a manner that is consistent with it being flat, it was also consistent with it being round.

As I have asked before, have you ever seen it not look round?
I don't mean round as in a tiny ball, I mean round as in a roughly spherical object with a radius of ~6400 km.

I dismiss the globe lie because it doesn't seem to conform with what I observe on a daily basis.
Yet you are unable to explain how it doesn't conform. Instead all you can do is spout the same BS "it looks flat", even though it looks just like the "global lie" says it should look.

How about you give a coherent reply? I promise I'm not the one who looks stupid right now.
You might want to check that.
You very rarely give coherent replies, in the sense of replying to what has actually been said.
Instead you try and do whatever you can to weasel your way out of being shown to be full of shit.

I've given several reasons
No. You have provided one non-reason, which has been shown to be pure crap many times.

all you've done is make a demonstrably irrelevant point and claim one of my beliefs was "debunked".
You mean with his relevant post helping to indicate what a RE would look like, showing that you haven't seen it be not-round, and thus your "reason" is pure BS?
I would say that was relevant and it debunked your BS.

I can post pictures too.
We have been over this pathetic BS before (if not with you, with plenty of others).
Different cameras can make objects appear different colours, as can adjusting the white balance. Thus the different colours is a non-issue.
As Earth is round, the proportion you can see will vary with distance. As such, objects will appear to take up a different proportion of the visible section depending upon how far away you are. So the size is a non-issue.

And really? Bitching that pictures don't have video?

So what is the point of this photo? To show Earth really is round and you have no reason for your BS?

It's cheaper to fly people to the moon and back than bust out a camera and do it on set? Right.
Money isn't the only issue. The technological feasibility is another.
At the time, it would have been impossible to fake the moon landings with the level of realism that the real moon landings had.

I'm not a cartographer. Are you? I'm also pretty busy. Making a map would lose me potential money.
I already explained how you could easily make a rough map from a few simple observations, either by yourself or with the assistance of others.
It would be easy for the FES to make a map of Earth if Earth was flat.

I have reasons for my beliefs, while he (and you) aren't able to give any. Do you see the difference?
Yes, I do see the difference.
You lie and project your own inadequacies onto others.
We have given you loads of justifications for our knowledge that Earth is round. You are yet to provide a single reason to think Earth is flat.

For "reasons"? There is a lot of money that goes into those programs and most people wouldn't have to know.
No, so many people would have to know it isn't funny, and they would still be wasting loads of money on faking everything.

Money is not a viable justification.

And remember, it isn't just NASA, it is also numerous other entities.

So no, it isn't feasible in any way.

I've given several. If you can demonstrate that I haven't given any, I'll concede.
And just how do you plan on us doing that? Going through every single one of your posts and showing it lacks any reason?
The closest you have come is claiming it looks flat, which has been debunked.

I thought about it for awhile and reached, what I felt, was the only logical conclusion. That, and my brain wasn't yet fully formed in 2009.
And you haven't provided any justification for that at all.

Okay, so how does that, in any way, invalidate my point? Doesn't it mean that it is either flat or round?
Yes, if you never saw a horizon.

Occam's Razor. I see flat. Am I on a gigantic ball and only seeing a small portion, or am I just on something flat?
No. Occam's razor:
You see what could be flat, round or numerous other shapes.
So isotropic round object, or highly anisotropic non-round Object with preferred orientations.
Which is simpler?
The isotropic object.

would be laughed out of academia if they even attempted to fit any of their ideas or theories to a flat model.
Because it has been shown to not work, repeatedly with so many things it isn't funny. It has been shown beyond any sane doubt that Earth isn't flat.

It would be akin to someone trying to fit their ideas or theories to a model that has Earth made entirely of chocolate.

Why would they throw out that thing they've been, by your own admission, been working on for that long?
They would only do so if a better model came along that was better capable of explaining observed phenomena or was simpler.
FE doesn't match that.

What it proves, again, is that it is either a very large round ball or flat. Occam's Razor applies and eliminates the needlessly complicated choice. Flat wins.
You were going good until the end. Flat is the needlessly complicated choice due to the anisotropy required. Flat is eliminated. Round wins.

Simultaneously read ENaG and look out your window. Doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.
Yep, putting 2 and 2 together, and realising this whole FE nonsense is just a pile of pathetic garbage, such as all the garbage in that stupid book, clearly shown to be garbage by the horizon.

Seeing as I've already explained how the better explanation for the Earth appearing flat is that it's flat, the most likely explanation for sunsets can't be a round Earth.
Complete crap.
You baselessly asserted that was the better explanation, you did not explain how it was. Meanwhile I have explained how it is the worse explanation with Earth appearing consistent with being flat or round.
Regardless, you now have 2 things to contend with. Which is the better (or most likely) explanation for Earth appearing flat/round and sunsets.
FE is yet to provide a rational explanation, so it isn't even a case of which is a better explanation. It is a case of which has an explanation.

So no, not only can it be a round Earth, it is.

You just ignore everything I say about it, so it's clear you're not willing to have an actual debate or discussion.
Projecting again.
You are the one that continually ignores what people have said and just spouts the same refuted BS again and again, being completely unable to justify any of your claims.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2017, 04:23:25 AM »
Ah, Jack Black  :D

Now you can add a 'Defeater of Th3rm0m3t3r0' badge to your collection.   ;D

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2017, 04:24:49 AM »
Ah, Jack Black  :D

Now you can add a 'Defeater of Th3rm0m3t3r0' badge to your collection.   ;D
Thanks. I shall await someone making it.

« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2017, 04:33:20 AM »
Hey Th3rm, when you look at these images, tell me what you think

We haven't been there but we have had tools that have

How about this?

You know its actually cheaper to pull this off then to pull off a conspiracy, hiding the truth from billions of people over many many decades right?

But you are entitled to your belief here. Whatever it is, I support it

Will somebody please answer me the following question? :

Why would NASA or the government, or whatever even try so hard to keep the "truth" from us? What is the advantage of them having us think that the Earth is round? As far as I know... there would be no advantage of them keeping the "truth" from us.

(I put the word TRUTH in quotations because the Earth is round, guys.)

This is telling however

Great question, thanks for bringing this up. You will, more than likely, never get a complete, straight answer from a real Flat Earther, though.  ::)

I can post pictures too. NASA has a massive photo-editing/graphic arts department.

It's cheaper to fly people to the moon and back than bust out a camera and do it on set? Right.

Please don't bring up stuff I said in 2009 and try to use it against me. If you have to resort to that, you're probably losing.

how about you post picture that proves your FEI?
like if you are one of the dome believers, show us a picture of the dome.
or show an experiment that supports your FEI?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2017, 04:36:56 AM »
Sandy never forgave me for that. ;D
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2017, 05:29:54 AM »
Mate, 5 pages in a thread all about your evidence for a flat earth and we have yet to receive even 1 coherent reason you think it's flat
You just ignore everything I say about it, so it's clear you're not willing to have an actual debate or discussion.
Why do you totally ignore this sort of thing?

Yes, it looks as though you have nothing more than, "The earth looks flat, so it must be flat."

Here's some contrary evidence that I posted before, but from what I recall you ignored it them:

From near sea-level, sure looks perfectly flat and level,
but the sharp horizon is still evidence of a near horizon and hence of "curved water".

From Concorde, 50,000 ft, maybe a bit of a curve there.

Losing Your Ride at 121,000 Feet - starting to look convincing!
From a Flat Earther's video.

That sure looks curved to me, from about 200 miles, must be ;D CGI ;D
Not only does it look curved, but as Galileo is reputed to have said:
"Eppur si muove. And yet it does move.
Referring to the Earth, by legend, Galileo whispered this to himself as he rose from kneeling after making his abjuration of heliocentricity.
."
It sure doesn't look flat to me! And by the way, the earth does not measure flat either.

I apologise if I missed your repiy.
But, in actual fact the above evidence is only a trivial part of why I beliebe the earth is a Heliocentric Globe.
I don't really like "curvature evidence" much, as refraction, blurred horizon and lens distortion often make unambiguous interpretation difficult.

So, just where is your evidence that the earth is not a huge Globe?

« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2017, 10:16:52 AM »

Okay. So?

It's funny because when someone called you out like this on the chemtrails thread you kept claiming how your lack of evidence for a flat earth was irrelevant to the discussion.  Now you are trying to make the exact same point you rejected there.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2017, 10:47:22 AM »

Okay. So?

It's funny because when someone called you out like this on the chemtrails thread you kept claiming how your lack of evidence for a flat earth was irrelevant to the discussion.  Now you are trying to make the exact same point you rejected there.

I was illustrating how it wasn't a valid point. That's why I said, "to take a page from your playbook", and, "isn't a valid point either."

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2017, 11:00:30 AM »
Hey th3rm, do you want to address or defend the fact you have just been utterly destroyed right now? Or do you think some half arsed reply to the last post can spare you from the many others before that totally teared you to shreds.

Can you rebuke anything Jack Black or rabinoz has said? Or call it a day and accept your utter defeat...

Know your place

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2017, 01:40:06 PM »
Yet another idiot dragged into the sewers, it seems.  :-\
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2017, 02:14:29 PM »

Okay. So?

I was illustrating how it wasn't a valid point. That's why I said, "to take a page from your playbook", and, "isn't a valid point either."
Ok, so getting back to the thread then.  Do you have any evidence, other than it looks flat, to support your belief in this?

JackBlack

« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »
Ok, so getting back to the thread then.  Do you have any evidence, other than it looks flat, to support your belief in this?
And more importantly, can you (Therm...) actually tell that it looks flat and not looks like a giant ball?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2017, 03:00:40 PM »
Hey th3rm, do you want to address or defend the fact you have just been utterly destroyed right now? Or do you think some half arsed reply to the last post can spare you from the many others before that totally teared you to shreds.

Can you rebuke anything Jack Black or rabinoz has said? Or call it a day and accept your utter defeat...

Jack really needs to split his thoughts up. I have a life beyond this and frankly just don't feel like writing a novel back to him.

I am correct.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2017, 03:03:27 PM »

Okay. So?

Again, not really, but I tend not to completely ignore my senses.

And more importantly, can you (Therm...) actually tell that it looks flat and not looks like a giant ball?

I already said, if you'll read, that it being flat is the simpler and therefore best explanation to its flat appearance.

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2017, 03:09:13 PM »

Okay. So?

Again, not really, but I tend not to completely ignore my senses.

I already said, if you'll read, that it being flat is the simpler and therefore best explanation to its flat appearance.

So what say you to the appearance then from imagery taken from weather satellites 35,000km high? What of those?

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2017, 03:11:10 PM »
So what say you to the appearance then from imagery taken from weather satellites 35,000km high? What of those?

They don't exist.

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »

They don't exist.

So what are we being shown then? Can you provide evidence that what we are being shown (the many thousands or even millions of images over the decades) are all forgery?

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »

They don't exist.

So what are we being shown then? Can you provide evidence that what we are being shown (the many thousands or even millions of images over the decades) are all forgery?

The most compelling evidence would probably be that it's largely impossible to do that.

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2017, 03:31:26 PM »
Impossible to forge I agree. So we are left with these images are authentic. So what say you to the image of the earth from 35,000km above?

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2017, 03:34:16 PM »
Impossible to forge I agree. So we are left with these images are authentic. So what say you to the image of the earth from 35,000km above?

I obviously meant it's impossible to sustain flight at 35k km.

I am correct.