Why is youtube so prevalent in FE

• 19 Replies
Why is youtube so prevalent in FE
« on: October 20, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
Good morning,
I am new here and it has become rapidly apparent the further I read into the forums the more I encounter YouTube videos and poorly animated diagrams presented as proof. Whats more there is significant discord and disagreement within the FE community on key elements of the FE theory which makes it difficult to investigate FE. I guess my question is where do I find the most widely supported model of FE?

Kind regards,
 :)
If one is really earnest in the sense that one is willing to go to the very end, then there must be this freedom -freedom from all nationalities, freedom from all dogma, ritual, beliefs.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Why is youtube so prevalent in FE
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 03:32:08 PM »
Good morning,
I am new here and it has become rapidly apparent the further I read into the forums the more I encounter YouTube videos and poorly animated diagrams presented as proof. Whats more there is significant discord and disagreement within the FE community on key elements of the FE theory which makes it difficult to investigate FE. I guess my question is where do I find the most widely supported model of FE?

Kind regards,
Except for the fact that the whole point is to determine which model the confirmed distances support better.
There isn't a universally unanimously accepted flat Earth model.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:53:27 PM »
Thank you.
In that vein then, could anyone direct me to a source of current/ongoing flat earth scientific experimental research projects. It would be extremely helpful to see the robust scientific methods and findings behind the ideas expressed in this forum.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:55:41 PM by elegance »
If one is really earnest in the sense that one is willing to go to the very end, then there must be this freedom -freedom from all nationalities, freedom from all dogma, ritual, beliefs.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 11:20:20 PM »
Thank you.
In that vein then, could anyone direct me to a source of current/ongoing flat earth scientific experimental research projects. It would be extremely helpful to see the robust scientific methods and findings behind the ideas expressed in this forum.
I can direct you to the "Flat Earth Wiki" at Welcome to the Flat Earth Wiki, which has lots of information.
Then the "Flat Earth FAQ, or Frequently Asked Questions" at
                   Re: Flat Earth FAQ - Please Read! « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 04:20:29 PM » and
                   Re: Flat Earth FAQ - Please Read! « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 05:44:08 AM »

That last document has 2 diagrams missing, which I think are meant to be:

An animation of the day/night cycle in FET

The above documents are vey poorly maintained.

There is another society at <TFES.org> and their information is at <wiki.tfes.org/The_Flat_Earth_Wiki>.
Those are not links (for "reasons"), so you need to past "TFES.org" and "wiki.tfes.org/The_Flat_Earth_Wiki" into your browser.

Now I could give my thoughts on your questions on
          "a source of current/ongoing flat earth scientific experimental research projects.
           It would be extremely helpful to see the robust scientific methods and findings behind the ideas expressed in this forum",
but not being at all sympathetic to the notion of a flat earth, I will refrain.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 11:03:06 AM »
Some learn visually.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »
Good morning,

Kind regards,

Some would argue that round earth theory is equally messy and lacking in evidence. You should look into that and you'll find disagreements there too.

Reality arising through processing (virtual reality) is much more coherent. In fact, I know of no valid logical objection to the theory. I'd suggest you start here: http://thephysicalworldisvirtual.com/ (no youtube videos).
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 01:53:07 PM »
Why is youtube so prevalent in any bullshit?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »
Some learn visually.
And some make useless meaningless posts!

And from near sea-level, sure looks perfectly flat and level.
But look in Flat Earth Debate / Re: SYD to SCL and flight range « Message by rabinoz on October 20, 2017, 11:00:42 AM » for a more "balanced view".

Mind you, even that first photo from near sea-level is good evidence of "curved water".

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 03:41:35 PM »
There is a lot of YouYube that does make sense,
but the flat earth "movement" is dominated by the likes of Eric Dubay, Jeranism, MrThriveAndSurvive, Phuket Word, etc, who seem to have no idea of the most basic science, especially physics, astronomy and optics,
Some, say Rob Skiba, Matrix Decode, and a few others do seem to honestly look for evidence, though in my opinion misinterpret it.

Then there are few that have seen that the flat earth does not fit what they have been "preaching" and abandoned the idea of a flat earth for the Globe.
One of these, odiupicku, AKA cikljamas, has retained the Geocentric Globe as his model. But he does attack Eric "Dumbay" rather vehemently.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 05:17:12 PM »

No quality control - any babbling imbecile can post a video.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »

I don't see the video.   ;)

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 05:22:56 PM »

I don't see the video.   ;)

boom tish!

:-)

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 06:11:10 PM »

NASA puts out plenty of bs videos, the only difference is that you are brainwashed and believe anything NASA says is gospel.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »

NASA puts out plenty of bs videos, the only difference is that you are brainwashed and believe anything NASA says is gospel.

If the brainwashing manifests in me not accepting any YouTube video without careful consideration and fact checking and demanding better "proofs" than the likes of "water can't stick to a spinning ball", then yes, you are right - NASA has got to me.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 07:03:59 PM »

This. So many YouTube flat earthers and they don't post here. Also they can't make money posting here.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:02 PM »
That's what I'd expect an ignorant indoctrinated little sheepie to say.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 11:57:02 PM »
Dunno. Because the more simple flattard minds out there seem to like some snarky/witty video introductions like the one by jeranism, perhaps?
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 01:00:56 AM »
Good morning,

Kind regards,

There is no model. I think you already knew this? No one here actually believes the earth is flat. Maybe scepti does. I'm not sure.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 10:11:51 AM »
Good morning,

Kind regards,

There is no model. I think you already knew this? No one here actually believes the earth is flat. Maybe scepti does. I'm not sure.

Naah, that's Intikam. Scepti is just a bored troll of the highest caliber, he must be anyway.
I mean, no one can actually be that hilariously deluded to come back here repeatedly when absolutely every single contribution to this board was curbstomped into dirt numerous times already, right?  :P
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

ausGeoff

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 04:52:20 AM »
Some would argue that round earth theory is equally messy and lacking in evidence. You should look into that and you'll find disagreements there too...

Then the arguments of those people would be totally without merit.  Scientists are totally in agreement with the reality of the (nominally) spherical planet.  Your so-called "round earth theory" is actually non-existent, other than in the FE lexicon.

You're obviously unable to detail anything that's "messy" about the actuality that is the spherical earth—or if you reckon you can, then please go ahead.  And it's ludicrous to make any claims about a supposed "lack of evidence" when you consider that the flat earthers can't even agree on a simple model for their claims, even after all these years, and being asked a gazillion time on this forum to do so.