If the earth is flat, what shape is it?

• 80 Replies

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: If the earth is flat, what shape is it?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2017, 03:46:56 AM »
Your Strange hexapedal stegosaurus brevicaudata Religion is False!

Man, I miss that guy!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2017, 03:57:43 AM »
Prove it! I went to a lot of trouble to fabricate the name of that hitherto unknown creature.

Quote from: Here to laugh at you
Man, I miss that guy!
You did translate it, I hope.
The common name for the hexapedal stegosaurusr brevicaudata is the six legged short tailed roofed lizard.
Does that make it more believable?

Didn't think so.

Crutchwater

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2017, 04:01:17 AM »
Prove it! I went to a lot of trouble to fabricate the name of that hitherto unknown creature.

Quote from: Here to laugh at you
Man, I miss that guy!
You did translate it, I hope.
The common name for the hexapedal stegosaurusr brevicaudata is the six legged short tailed roofed lizard.
Does that make it more believable?

Didn't think so.

I had inferred the hexapedal stegosaurus part, but no, I didn't translate it.

It just sounded really cool, but still...

Your strange hexapedal stegosaurus brevicaudata is false!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2017, 04:12:14 AM »
Your unsupported words mean nothing! I demand proof of your ridiculous claim.

PS Do you think I'd make a convincing flat earther?

Crutchwater

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2017, 04:38:28 AM »

Any normal person can tell, your theory is false!

Yes, I think, if you put your mind to it, you would be a very convincing flattards!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 04:59:25 AM »

Any normal person can tell, your theory is false!
How would you know? Would you call this the avatar of a NORMAL PERSON?

Quote from: Here to laugh
Yes, I think, if you put your mind to it, you would be a very convincing flattards!
Piffle!

Crutchwater

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2017, 05:29:19 AM »
You speak nonsense!

I never presented myself as a normal person!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 05:36:26 AM »
You speak nonsense!
I never presented myself as a normal person!
You have been eminently successful then, unlike any flat earthers here.

WE ARE THE BORG. LOWER YOUR SHIELDS AND SURRENDER YOUR SHIPS. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE.IS.FUTILE.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2017, 08:19:21 AM »

Man, I miss that guy!

Is he gone for good or what?  :-\
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Crutchwater

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2017, 09:10:34 AM »

Man, I miss that guy!

Not sure...

I suspect him and dutchy are the same person, they seem to appear at the same times.  They've both been absent for weeks.

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2017, 10:19:51 AM »

Man, I miss that guy!

Not sure...

I suspect him and dutchy are the same person, they seem to appear at the same times.  They've both been absent for weeks.

would be interesting how many FEIB are here with multiple logins.
I am believe that sceptimatic and Papa Legba is the same person.

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2017, 04:56:37 PM »
Interesting. We are seeing good evidence that it is not remotely likely to be a disc. Yet dogma-fuelled flattists such as Jora and his ilk seem to insist it's a disc. While also screeching that the zetetic method is the only way to know things.
Oh no. There are other methods which show it to be a disc.
Etiher as a group, or you individually, travel to various locations around the globe and measure the time the sun is due north or due south, (preferably the same day), measured as UTC.
Note that the sun from the NP appears to circle around.
These facts mean it must be the disc.

Well no, not really, the sun doesn't move in any way with what you'd expect to see from a disc. From ANY vantage point other than the centre of a disc, the speed of the sun would vary throughout the day to an observer.
Note that the sun from the SP also appears to circle around.
These facts mean it can't be the disc.
 8)

Oh, and one more thing... the path of the sun is irrelevant to the shape of the land underneath it. So your logic doesn't even work. I can draw a circle on a square sheet of paper, just like the sun could follow a circular path above a square plane.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:58:24 PM by Dinosaur Neil »
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »
Interesting. We are seeing good evidence that it is not remotely likely to be a disc. Yet dogma-fuelled flattists such as Jora and his ilk seem to insist it's a disc. While also screeching that the zetetic method is the only way to know things.
Oh no. There are other methods which show it to be a disc.
Etiher as a group, or you individually, travel to various locations around the globe and measure the time the sun is due north or due south, (preferably the same day), measured as UTC.
Note that the sun from the NP appears to circle around.
These facts mean it must be the disc.

Well no, not really, the sun doesn't move in any way with what you'd expect to see from a disc. From ANY vantage point other than the centre of a disc, the speed of the sun would vary throughout the day to an observer.
Note that the sun from the SP also appears to circle around.
These facts mean it can't be the disc.
 8)

Oh, and one more thing... the path of the sun is irrelevant to the shape of the land underneath it. So your logic doesn't even work. I can draw a circle on a square sheet of paper, just like the sun could follow a circular path above a square plane.
I meant a flat Earth would have to be a disc.
Going a few more steps from there shows it can't be flat.

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »

Yeah, I know it can't be flat, but you're missing the point of the thread, which is to show that the flattists accept the shape of their earth model to be circular, but there really isn't any evidence to place circularity above any other shape.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »
Yeah, I know it can't be flat, but you're missing the point of the thread, which is to show that the flattists accept the shape of their earth model to be circular, but there really isn't any evidence to place circularity above any other shape.
There are several lines of reasoning which leads to different shapes (and if followed properly would show it is round).

But the primary one to accept it (at least the known portions of it) is circular is the east-west circumnavigations and time zones.
Yes, there is no indication of what is beyond 90 degrees south (as it doesn't exist) (or 180 degrees east/west), so it could hypothetically be other shapes, but the known section would have to be circular.

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2017, 04:03:11 PM »
There are several lines of reasoning which leads to different shapes (and if followed properly would show it is round).

But the primary one to accept it (at least the known portions of it) is circular is the east-west circumnavigations and time zones.
Yes, there is no indication of what is beyond 90 degrees south (as it doesn't exist) (or 180 degrees east/west), so it could hypothetically be other shapes, but the known section would have to be circular.

The shape of the known section is completely irrelevant, because apart from the self-contradictory dual earth model, all flat earth models feature an edge which lies an unknown distance beyond the known area, and there is no reason to assume the distance from the limit of the known area to the edge is exactly the same from all points at the limit of the known area. In other words, taking the most usual FE model as an example, there could be a massive Antarctic Handle sticking out 10,000 miles further somewhere along the rim, couldn't there? Sort of like a tennis racquet shape. Or there could be two. Or five - Starfish Earth anybody?

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2017, 04:09:56 AM »
The shape of the known section is completely irrelevant, because apart from the self-contradictory dual earth model, all flat earth models feature an edge which lies an unknown distance beyond the known area...

that's than convenient, if you can not explain it or it is impossible you simply declare it as irrelevant.
BTW. the South pole is relatively good explored. there is no beyond a know area.

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2017, 05:39:07 AM »

Flat Earthers accept a circular disk because Gleeson patented a map which was a circular disk. If there is one group of people who are experts at parroting what they have been told, who have really been brainwashed away from the truth by a group with an agenda, they are the members and believer of the Flat Earth Society.

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2017, 02:30:18 PM »
The shape of the known section is completely irrelevant, because apart from the self-contradictory dual earth model, all flat earth models feature an edge which lies an unknown distance beyond the known area...

that's than convenient, if you can not explain it or it is impossible you simply declare it as irrelevant.
BTW. the South pole is relatively good explored. there is no beyond a know area.

What the feck are you talking about? Make sense, man.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »

He is French.  You may be asking for too much. 

NAZA

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »

That's hitting below the belt man.
First members are accused of being ISIS supporters and now a mod is accusing someone of being French?
What kind of place is this?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2017, 03:56:17 PM »
Really? Hint, hint!
we could discuss in my native language, german, there I make less mistakes)
i am not a Canadian, i am a German living in Canada.
we have in german a phrase for that: auch ein blindes Huhn findet mal nen Korn (even a blind chicken finds a seed)
Try again, jroa, your next guess might be a bit closer to the mark with the "little" hints from Canadabear, that is if you aren't still drunk. "Du bist wirklich dumm!"

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2017, 04:11:32 PM »
Probably an apeirogon.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2017, 04:46:38 PM »
Really? Hint, hint!
we could discuss in my native language, german, there I make less mistakes)
i am not a Canadian, i am a German living in Canada.
we have in german a phrase for that: auch ein blindes Huhn findet mal nen Korn (even a blind chicken finds a seed)
Try again, jroa, your next guess might be a bit closer to the mark with the "little" hints from Canadabear, that is if you aren't still drunk. "Du bist wirklich dumm!"

You Frenchies really stick together, don't you? 

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »

That's hitting below the belt man.
First members are accused of being ISIS supporters and now a mod is accusing someone of being French?
What kind of place is this?

That's the only "argument" he is able to bring up against me, and even that he can not get right. I am way worse than a French, I am German.

But what else to expect from somebody with the intelligence of a door nail.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2017, 05:24:16 PM »
That's the only "argument" he is able to bring up against me, and even that he can not get right. I am way worse than a French, I am German.

Door nails might not be overly intelligent, but at least they serve a useful purpose.

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 05:46:38 PM »

Door nails might not be overly intelligent, but at least they serve a useful purpose.

He also has a useful purpose, he proves that even if you have the intelligence of a door nail you still can make a living.

With that said I really like to know what he does for living that does not need intelligent thinking. Maybe something like manure shoveler or a religious preacher.

NAZA

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2017, 06:16:34 PM »

The only thing worse than a French is a French Canadian.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2017, 03:46:58 AM »

My point exactly.

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2017, 04:45:13 AM »

My point exactly.

wow than I am not really bad, nice to hear as a german.  ;D

bud everything gets toped by a doornail.  ;D