Obviously Fake News, but....

• 59 Replies

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
Obviously Fake News, but....
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:24:06 AM »
(Excuse my short hand, driving)

Obviously this link is fake news...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/science/2017/10/17/astronomers-strike-gold-witness-massive-cosmic-collision.amp.html

But what is the flat earth explination for how different elemen's are made.

Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

Re: Obviously Fake News, but....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:38 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/science/2017/10/17/astronomers-strike-gold-witness-massive-cosmic-collision.amp.html

Space is fake

Elements where created along Earth.

There you go.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »
If anyone needs any extra clap trap to verify the absolute nonsense we keep being fed then this one completely takes the biscuit.

Frigging Hubble managed to get a snap shot of it and they were just lucky to find the fading needle in the haystack.  ::)

Those people who come up with this must be literally laughing their heads off at the people  who stand there open mouthed and in awe of something they absolutely have no utter clue about but will aid these mouth pieces in championing this garbage.

RocketSauce

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:13:57 AM »
So... the infinite plain was created from ... (God maybe?)  with everything it has in it dispersed in the way it is as opposed to being formed from the debris of previous events.

I was skeptical at first, but this makes much more sense. Thank you

And you mentioned the Hubble managing to snap a shot of something... Thank you

Now I don't think the article was saying that now they have proof of how gold atoms are formed, but that they were able to observe an event where gold elements are formed. I guess I'm just curious why there even is a sky dome and what the point of it is. Why are there little pin holes of light, with different intensities, different colors, different sizes.

Since you guys seem to be on the up and up... Have you ever taken a pair of binoculars and looked up at Orion's Nebula? Do you have any clues as to why it looks a cloud in space as opposed to a pin hole of light?

Can we talk about Andromeda or Nebulae? Would you like to discuss the Magellanic clouds? Or the Milky Way?

Or is it just easier to say... Space is Fake News and the lights in the sky we see on the Night Side of the dome are there just for our entertainment?

I guess my follow up question to the Space is Fake News is.... Are the pin hole lights of different size, color and brightness, and clouds (nebulae) that can be observed with aided and unaided eye... are they fixed or do they move?

Thank you for taking the time explaining all of this to me!

*fact*

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 02:22:27 PM »

Hang on WTF? You text and drive? No wait, you actually log onto a FLAT EARTH forum, create a post with a link while you are driving? Are you NUTS? Is your life and that of other road users worth this bit of 'fake news' to have right away that it cant wait until you're finished driving?

If posting this on a flat earth forum was an acceptable gamble for your life and others you mustn't apply a high value to life. Sad!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

RocketSauce

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 02:30:07 PM »

Hang on WTF? You text and drive? No wait, you actually log onto a FLAT EARTH forum, create a post with a link while you are driving? Are you NUTS? Is your life and that of other road users worth this bit of 'fake news' to have right away that it cant wait until you're finished driving?

If posting this on a flat earth forum was an acceptable gamble for your life and others you mustn't apply a high value to life. Sad!

I wasn't texting... I was posting...

And yes... I hate myself every time I even log onto this thing...

*fact*

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »

And yes... I hate myself every time I even log onto this thing...

I would say posting is even worse. It takes far more attention than a shorthand text. You even had to copy and paste a link

We get it. You hate yourself for posting here. You do not need to put yourself in mortal danger because of it. Most especially not put other road users and families in peril because you hate yourself for posting on a flat earth forum.

Imagine the news if you had an accident that wiped out a whole bunch of kids. 'I was just posting about some fake news on a flat earth society forum. I didn't see the other car!'

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

NAZA

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 02:51:04 PM »
You shouldn't text/post and drive!
Such inattention could cause you to hit a bump and spill your beer!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 03:00:03 PM »
If anyone needs any extra clap trap to verify the absolute nonsense we keep being fed then this one completely takes the biscuit.

Frigging Hubble managed to get a snap shot of it and they were just lucky to find the fading needle in the haystack.  ::)
Nope, those many telescopes were not "just lucky to find the fading needle in the haystack".
far from it, those astronomers knew exactly where to look based on the information from "LIGO and Virgo".

The Hubble Space Telescope was used to capture imagery of GW170817,
the source of gravitational waves detected on Aug. 17, 2017.
Credit: NASA and ESA
On Aug. 17, 2017, gravitational waves from a neutron-star collision were detected for the first time ever by LIGO and Virgo collaborations and - in another first - light from the event has been captured by observatories in space and on Earth. The source has been designated GW170817 and is described as a "kilonova" event.

From: Space.com, When Neutron Stars Collide! What the Hubble Telescope and Others Saw (Videos), By Steve Spaleta

But, Sceppy, don't you worry your little brain over it. Just let it wash right over your head.

Those people who come up with this must be literally laughing their heads off at the people  who stand there open mouthed and in awe of something they absolutely have no utter clue about but will aid these mouth pieces in championing this garbage.
You completely ignore the question, "But what is the flat earth explanation for how different elements are made?"
Try again!
8) 8) Why do you even bother replying to this sort of thing? You just make yourself look more and more foolish every day.  8) 8)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 06:39:45 PM »
Not only is that incredibly stupid and exceedingly dangerous, it's also illegal in some states (although I don't see why there even needs to be a law to discourage something so obviously retarted).
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 07:23:56 PM »
Scepti isright, that is just plain old bullshit. The fucking thing weighs a billion pounds a teaspoon, lol..I forget what they said about shit loads of gold. You guys that believe that shit are more ridiculous than flat earthers, lol
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 03:21:14 AM »
Scepti isright, that is just plain old bullshit. The fucking thing weighs a billion pounds a teaspoon, lol..I forget what they said about shit loads of gold. You guys that believe that shit are more ridiculous than flat earthers, lol

Did the science get too complicated for you?!
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 04:12:24 AM »

Most of them come from Antarctica. Some of them come from volcano craters. Just a few parts are coming from falling stars but I'm not sure of this event if true or not. I mean, Fallen stars are true but they falls to Antarctica, a place we can't easily arrive. Sometimes we hear fallen stars (meteors) are fallen to somewhere near settlements but I'm not sure this event. it can be part of a falling star. or very rarely they fallen to closer places the settlements.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 04:47:10 AM »
But what is the flat earth explination for how different element's are made.

Most of them come from Antarctica. Some of them come from volcano craters. Just a few parts are coming from falling stars but I'm not sure of this event if true or not. I mean, Fallen stars are true but they falls to Antarctica, a place we can't easily arrive. Sometimes we hear fallen stars (meteors) are fallen to somewhere near settlements but I'm not sure this event. it can be part of a falling star. or very rarely they fallen to closer places the settlements.
Yes, but how did these heavy elements get into Antarctica and under the earth so that they could come from volcano craters?

Please provide evidence for your claims! If you can't provide evidence, then we must assume that you just made up these stories to deceive us.

And recent meteors are definitely not fallen stars, they are pieces of rock fairly similar to earth rocks, though many are rich in iron and nickel.

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 07:38:27 AM »
Pretty much admitting that flat earthers are ridiculous there, weren't you?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

RocketSauce

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 07:51:12 AM »
Today... I didn't text or post once while driving... although, I did pull up some netflix videos to watch on the way home last night.

I was watching "Big Mouth"   It's pretty good.

RE Logic says that Hydrogen fuses into Helium, and then Helium fuses into Carbon... and Much larger stars form elements all the way up to Oxygen. But, the moment they start forming Iron, the process breaks down and the star goes super nova. During this super nova, even heavier elements are made.

But Depending on the size of the event, like two neutron stars colliding... vast quantities of the heaviest naturally produced elements are made.

I guess my question is... How were the elements made on Flat Earth? Or... Is it more likely they were all their from the beginning, and stop asking question?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:24:47 AM by RocketSauce »

*fact*

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 08:02:59 AM »
I used to trade trade stocks and do emails while driving my company vehicle. But i have seen too many idiots screwing up while texting, so I stopped most of it. Just occasional texts now.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 10:52:53 AM »
I guess my question is... How were the elements made on Flat Earth? Or... Is it more likely they were all their from the beginning, and stop asking question?
The same way that creationists explain fossils:  God put them there at the time of creation just to mess with us.

ausGeoff

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 08:54:38 PM »
As far as I know, the FE theory doesn't allow for such a massive kind of cosmic collision.  Assuming for a moment that this collision was bogus, and never occurred, could any FE'r suggest why the scientists and astronomers—literally hundreds of them working globally—would've bothered to waste their time and effort claiming it had actually happened?  What would they hope to achieve, apart from a fleeting notoriety amongst their astrophysicist peers?

Until the FE's can cite empirical evidence that proves this collision is bogus, and not just guesses or unsubstantiated personal opinions, then I fully believe it's a legitimate occurrence.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 05:27:07 PM »
Astronomers and scientists have to justify their cushy jobs and guarentee funding for the next year by making outlandish claims that nobody can prove to be false.  It is simple greed that drives their lies. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 06:10:15 PM »
Astronomers and scientists have to justify their cushy jobs and guarentee funding for the next year by making outlandish claims that nobody can prove to be false.  It is simple greed that drives their lies.

Whether or not that is true in this case I can relate. In the field of research I used to be involved in, when a drug or treatment never panned out the way it was thought to, In the next grant proposal my boss would simply say 'but we discovered this instead and we want to explore it because we think it could be really ground braking blah blah

You can see NASA tried to get more funding by stating that Saturns moons could harbour life with its salt water. Now as that didn't work so well you may see them say the 'Rover' on Mars has found a fossil or something. There is always something in the bag to titillate our interest.

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 06:20:04 PM »

Before you accuse "astronomers and scientists" of lying, just remember
that once someone starts accusing others of lying, one does question who the real liar is!
THE SOCIOPATH WILL ALWAYS ACCUSE YOU OF WHAT THEY ARE GUILTY OF THEMSELF
Quote from:  By Bernard Pliers
Psychology Of Hatred Part II: Projection & Projective Identification
But in the real world, the defense mechanisms are a little more elaborate. For another example of a defense , let's look at "projection," and we are all familiar with this. 
1) The angry person accuses someone else being angry
2) A liar accuses others of lying
3) The cheater accuses others of cheating
4) The thief accuses others of stealing (Notice how the thief is not accusing others of lying? No he's obsessed with only his own sins.)

From: Psychology Of Hatred Part II: Projection & Projective Identification
Liars And Cheaters Worry The Most About Being Lied To And Cheated On
How to Deal With Someone Who Accuses You of Being a Liar.

And flat earthers are so fond of accusing so many others of being liars that we start asking who the real liars are!

Just think about it.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 06:53:48 PM »
You seem to be under the impression that only one team ever works on projects like these.  Often there are multiple competing teams working on making these discoveries and they all want to be the first.  This encourages the teams to be honest, lest one of the competing teams call them out for being wrong or fraudulent.

For example, there were 2 teams working on detecting primordial gravitational waves from the inflationary period of the big bang.  After a number of years they finally got some promising readings that they meticulously analyzed and concluded that they found what they were looking for.  Shortly after publishing their results, they found out that new data from another cosmological survey determined that intergalactic dust was much brighter than had been previously thought.  When they reran the analysis, they found that what they thought were gravitational waves were most likely dust and they were forced to retract their claim.

So, you see, sometimes the claims can be proven false.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/nope-we-have-not-detected-gravitational-waves-yet-180954101/

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 06:58:54 PM »
Oh you mean the time SETI got busted when they said they found signs of extra terrestrial life?

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/10/rogue-microwave-ovens-are-the-culprits-behind-mysterious-radio-signals/

Turns out it was just a twerp opening a microwave door during its cycle

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 10:26:16 PM »
Oh you mean the time SETI got busted when they said they found signs of extra terrestrial life?

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/10/rogue-microwave-ovens-are-the-culprits-behind-mysterious-radio-signals/

I'm not sure that I'd call it being busted when they knew pretty much all along that the signals weren't what they were looking for.
But almost since the beginning, one thing has been clear about perytons: Despite mimicking a deep space signal, they’re produced by something that’s somewhere near Earth. Astronomers knew that perytons were locally grown because the signals simultaneously showed up in multiple viewing fields rather than arriving from a single point, as distant signals do. Just how close to Earth was a mystery until now.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 01:19:56 AM »

Did you bother to read it?
But almost since the beginning, one thing has been clear about perytons: Despite mimicking a deep space signal, they’re produced by something that’s somewhere near Earth. Astronomers knew that perytons were locally grown because the signals simultaneously showed up in multiple viewing fields rather than arriving from a single point, as distant signals do. Just how close to Earth was a mystery until now.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 02:15:02 AM »
Reading the article may have trashed my own argument, so no.

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 02:53:14 AM »
Yes, I've noticed that facts so often get in the way of a good story.

Awkward that.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2017, 03:10:43 AM »

Flat earth, summed up in one, simple, sentence!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2017, 07:28:28 AM »
Refreshingly honest.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.