Any opinion on the red sun observed in London recently?

• 17 Replies
Any opinion on the red sun observed in London recently?
« on: October 17, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »
? ??? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/16/strange-red-sun-phenomenon-seen-across-england-caused-hurricane/ Scientists are scrambling to explain the cause and there seems to be multiple theories ranging from hurricanes in Ireland and sand ?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: Any opinion on the red sun observed in London recently?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 12:46:08 PM »
As close flatties believe the Sun is, it's entirely possible that some kids painted it as a college prank.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:49:15 PM »
As close flatties believe the Sun is, it's entirely possible that some kids painted it as a college prank.
Oh.... I thought you agreed with my beliefs. Appears I was mistaken after I went through your posts. You even agreed with my discworld model :( Appears your username is accurate since you just are here to laugh at us "flatties"

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
His user names says what we are all thinking.
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »
Why? That's being a big meanie  :'( It's my right to believe that the earth is flat. This is supposed to be a free society
His user names says what we are all thinking.

RocketSauce

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 01:21:43 PM »
You have every right to express yourself and believe what you want. And when you tell us what and how you believe, we have every right to express ourselves.... which happens to be... For him... laughter and for me... a single HA... or a subtle shake of my head depending of what scepti has most recently said.

Freedom of thought and speech does not grant you the Right to be taken seriously

But by no means am I trying to scare you away. I just want to ask you more questions and ask you to defend your belief.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:23:30 PM by RocketSauce »

*fact*

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »
? ??? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/16/strange-red-sun-phenomenon-seen-across-england-caused-hurricane/ Scientists are scrambling to explain the cause and there seems to be multiple theories ranging from hurricanes in Ireland and sand ?

Scrambling? The link you provided provides the rather mundane reason:

Met Office forecaster Grahame Madge said the former hurricane is pulling air and dust up from southern Europe and Africa.

"It's all connected with Ophelia, on the eastern side of the low pressure system air is coming up in the southern direction," he said.

"Air is being pulled from southern Europe and Africa and that air contains a lot of dust.

"So it's most likely the appearance of sunset at midday is caused by the particles scattering the light and giving the appearance of a red sun.

"It's certainly spectacular at the moment and quite a talking point, we've had a lot of calls about it."

Although it is hurricane related, there's nothing in it about Ireland. Or sand.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 01:46:41 PM »

You do realise "The UK" is not synonymous with "London" don't you?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

RocketSauce

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 01:51:21 PM »
Common Guys... Stop being such Meanies....

*fact*

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »
Why? That's being a big meanie  :'( It's my right to believe that the earth is flat. This is supposed to be a free society

Is it not also my right to find humor in your beliefs?

I am sorry that your sarcasm meter is broken, btw...
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 02:31:34 PM »
:P :P Maybe the big battery-in-the-sky powering the spotlight-sun in going flat and the is getting dim and red.  :P :P
Pity you can't ask Terry Pratchett he might have known, after all he created Discworld.
You might learn something from Discworld Wiki.
I haven't found why the sun turns red, but I did learn about the  ;) true cause ;) of lunar phases:
A tiny sun and moon orbit the Great A'Tuin, both about 1 mile in diameter when described at the start of the series, but the description of their diameter is increased to at least 80 miles later in the chronicles. The moon is slightly closer to the Disc than the sun, and is covered, on one half, with silvery glowing plants, which feed the lunar dragons. The other half is burnt black by the sun. The moon rotates, and completes a full revolution in about a month; the full moon occurs when the luminescent side is completely visible from the Disc, the new moon when the dark side is shown. The sun's orbit is so complex that one of the elephants has to cock its leg to allow the sun to continue on its orbit.
Then if you want to get down to serious study, you might read: Discworld Wiki, The Science of Discworld.

PS: Where do you get the idea that,
"Scientists are scrambling to explain the cause and there seems to be multiple theories ranging from hurricanes"?
      The explanation seems simply that dust from the Sahara has been brought up to English skies - no problem or question about it.
      So basically, if you ask a silly question then I give you a (far sillier) answer.

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 12:48:48 AM »
Expedition: Sun
I got a great deal on AA batteries. Who wants to go with me to fix the spotlight?

Seriously, here to laugh at you. ;D ;D ;D

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 01:24:47 AM »
Expedition: Sun
I got a great deal on AA batteries. Who wants to go with me to fix the spotlight?

Seriously, here to laugh at you. ;D ;D ;D
Would you like to borrow a l.o.o.o.o.o.n.g  l.a.a.a.a.d.e.r?
I'd offer to do it, but I'm over the Work-place Health and Satety guidelines for climbing ladders.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 01:47:42 AM »
To OP:

Surely, chemtrails.

Because the sky is already red. The air is red.

If you could follow the chemical weather foreceasts, I wrote it directly.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71995.0  (September 13, 2017)

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71935.msg1953199#msg1953199 (September 12, 2017)

And this is newest.

In UK, the event continues for a few weekend to bring Maria to London continues. this unsuccessful struggle is still going on. Perhaps God is resisting their decision for an unknown reason. I think they should not insist too much. after all, what the God said is an order.

This is a working they are trying to make a great hurricane in UK but they still did not success. So they are attacking with a bigger wrath.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

ausGeoff

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 10:02:56 PM »
A more than common occurrence here in Australia.  It's basically the result of airborne particulates whipped up by warm winds—dust, pollen etc—that causes the red/orange filtering effect across the sky.  Downunder, we have strong northerly or easterly winds blowing towards the coast, originating over the dead centre of the continent which is largely red sandy deserts.  Not an unusual weather event at all—except apparently for spooked Brits who've not witnessed it before.

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 06:58:53 AM »
To OP:

Surely, chemtrails.

Because the sky is already red. The air is red.

If you could follow the chemical weather foreceasts, I wrote it directly.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71995.0  (September 13, 2017)

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71935.msg1953199#msg1953199 (September 12, 2017)

And this is newest.

In UK, the event continues for a few weekend to bring Maria to London continues. this unsuccessful struggle is still going on. Perhaps God is resisting their decision for an unknown reason. I think they should not insist too much. after all, what the God said is an order.

This is a working they are trying to make a great hurricane in UK but they still did not success. So they are attacking with a bigger wrath.

when I read your postings I almost start in believing in chemtrails where they spray stuff in the air to make the people stupid and crazy.
you would be a prove for this believe.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

but you are only one of a few that have this crazy believes, therefore you craziness must come from something else.

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 05:15:49 PM »
This is a working they are trying to make a great hurricane in UK but they still did not success.

Who are the "they" that still did not success?

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »
A more than common occurrence here in Australia.  It's basically the result of airborne particulates whipped up by warm winds—dust, pollen etc—that causes the red/orange filtering effect across the sky.  Downunder, we have strong northerly or easterly winds blowing towards the coast, originating over the dead centre of the continent which is largely red sandy deserts.  Not an unusual weather event at all—except apparently for spooked Brits who've not witnessed it before.

We have seen it before, the media just love whipping up non-news stories into big headlines because everyone is getting bored with crimes being reclassified as "terror".
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.