GOOGLE EARTH

• 11 Replies

midgard

GOOGLE EARTH
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:05:46 AM »
I know this has been done a million times but I decided I want a crack at answering it.

Quote from: "Laurie"
When i go onto Google Earth, I can see my house in good detail. How can this work without satellites? Everything in Google earth is correct, the roads, my friend's houses, my tennis club, my school... according to your maps, they would be in different places.

The images of Google Earth are taken from stratellites and aircraft and overlayed onto a 3D model of the earth. Google is under the impression that they receive satellite photos but they are actually stratellite photos. To learn more about Google Earth images go here. You'll see that the photos come from various sources and are sometimes as old as 3 years.

Anytime you see high detail on the map, zoom right in until there is only 1 copyright visible and this is the company responsible for the photo. Look up the company (so far everyone I've seen has it's own website) and you'll see the photo came from a plane.

Example:

Is a photo taken by Sanborn.

For the second part of the question the distortion isn't apparent in the cities as they use the vast spaces of ocean and barren lands to cause the distortion.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 06:19:46 AM »
I'm not exactly sure my solution can be construed as yours.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

midgard

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 08:23:57 AM »
What can I say Engineer, if you've come up with this solution before maybe you should've posted it as an orginal thread because I didn't see it.

I have, however, seen many RE posts about Google Earth and thought it'd be best if one was started by a Flat Earther to head them off at the pass.

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 08:26:52 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"
What can I say Engineer, if you've come up with this solution before maybe you should've posted it as an orginal thread because I didn't see it.

I have, however, seen many RE posts about Google Earth and thought it'd be best if one was started by a Flat Earther to head them off at the pass.

Never works that way! You know people can't figure out the search function!
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

midgard

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 08:30:08 AM »
True but then all you need to do is get a moderator/admin/whatever to link it in the FAQ.

If Engineer wants it well known to everyone that this is HIS idea then he can write up a thread and get it linked.

I couldn't care less.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 08:32:18 AM »

It's funny that you say this but in the very thread in which I proposed the idea, you had also posted.

-- Bob Hudson

midgard

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 08:37:46 AM »
I didn't ever say that I don't post in the same threads as you, I said I don't read most of what you write.

The second part of the question I answered has been answered ad nauseum (I'm not sure if you're one of the numerous people to do so). The first part, however, I'm fairly certain no Flat Earther bothered with.

I demonstrated using Google Earth, with appropriate links and pictures that most of the photos are aerial photography - which is something Round Earthers have a hard time believing for some reason.

In any case, instead of adding to this thread why don't you do your own one and get Eramus to link it to the FAQ?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 08:39:27 AM »

I demonstrated using Google Earth, with appropriate links and pictures that most of the photos are aerial photography - which is something Round Earthers have a hard time believing for some reason.

Yep, I did that too, long ago, in the same thread as before.

-- Bob Hudson

midgard

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 08:40:47 AM »
Right, I didn't read it. You don't have to believe me, I really don't care.

The real question is if you are so concerned with getting your name on this why don't you do your own thread and get Eramus to link the FAQ to it?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 08:44:19 AM »

In any case, instead of adding to this thread why don't you do your own one and get Eramus to link it to the FAQ?

If the admins want to add it to the FAQ they are more than welcome to.  If you or anyone else wants to use the answers provided by my posts you are more than welcome to do so.  However, don't go claiming it was your idea.

-- Bob Hudson

midgard

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 08:49:46 AM »
:lol:

It was my idea.

GOOGLE EARTH
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 06:39:35 AM »
:lol:

It was my idea.

hmmm, you do have a point.
care to take a gander at my Haemorrhoids?