Sunrise sunset theory

• 103 Replies
Re: Sunrise sunset theory
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2017, 05:39:46 AM »
Local Time: October 03, 2017, 10:08:04 PM

Strange. Where do you live?
Why does it matter? Does the sun set differently in different parts of the world? Or were you meaning look outside right now when I can't see more than a few blocks anyway? Because if the latter that doesn't seem very productive for either discussion.

You (along with other flerfers) like to state to look outside to see the evidence of a flat Earth. I look outside and think about all those sunsets I watched growing up camping and think about how none of them are possible on a FE.

No, I was referring to the fact that no matter where you are, the Sun probably isn't setting at 10 PM.
Not sure what that has to do with looking outside making me think of FE impossible sunsets. O.o "Look outside" isn't very compelling evidence for a FE.

On the topic of awesome FE impossible sunsets though, enjoy this (although I suppose it could be sunrise too.)
[YouTube][/YouTube]

It has to do with the fact that you claim to have seen the Sun setting at 10 PM out your window. This to me indicates that you are a dishonest person.

Looks pretty flat from up there in that plane.
You really just pay attention to what you want to don't you? I never attempted to claim the sun was setting right at that moment, and if you inferred that I'm sorry. You offered up the idea to 'look out your window' as proof of a flat Earth, I offered up the setting sun being able to be seen from one's window as evidence it's not flat even when you do that. You're the one who assumed I was speaking about exactly that time (which for the record was not 10 PM for me).

Pretty sure this thread is about sunrise and sunset, so I'm not talking about the horizon there, but rather the sun BELOW the clouds. An illusion that is impossible upon a flat Earth, but readily explainable upon a round. Because, once again, you can't have a sunset/rise like we do every day, on a flat Earth.

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2017, 08:03:25 AM »

Why does it matter? Does the sun set differently in different parts of the world? Or were you meaning look outside right now when I can't see more than a few blocks anyway? Because if the latter that doesn't seem very productive for either discussion.

You (along with other flerfers) like to state to look outside to see the evidence of a flat Earth. I look outside and think about all those sunsets I watched growing up camping and think about how none of them are possible on a FE.

No, I was referring to the fact that no matter where you are, the Sun probably isn't setting at 10 PM.
Not sure what that has to do with looking outside making me think of FE impossible sunsets. O.o "Look outside" isn't very compelling evidence for a FE.

On the topic of awesome FE impossible sunsets though, enjoy this (although I suppose it could be sunrise too.)
[YouTube][/YouTube]

It has to do with the fact that you claim to have seen the Sun setting at 10 PM out your window. This to me indicates that you are a dishonest person.

it does not look flat to me.

that is the only thing you always bring up "Looks pretty flat"

you have not show one prove that it is flat, its the opposite, it is shown to you a lot of times that the earth is a globe.
how can one person so ignorant?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2017, 10:19:43 AM »

[YouTube][/YouTube]

you have not show one prove that it is flat, its the opposite, it is shown to you a lot of times that the earth is a globe.

In what way does it not look flat to you?

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »

[YouTube][/YouTube]

did you print out that picture and put a ruler on it.
you can clearly see that it is not perfectly flat, the center is a little bit higher and at the right side is even a extra dip.
looks more like it is not the earth surface than the top of clouds far away.

as you see, you proven nothing.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »

[YouTube][/YouTube]

did you print out that picture and put a ruler on it.
you can clearly see that it is not perfectly flat, the center is a little bit higher and at the right side is even a extra dip.
looks more like it is not the earth surface than the top of clouds far away.

as you see, you proven nothing.

Okay, how high up are they?

I am correct.

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2017, 11:21:03 AM »

you tell me you claim that the horizon is the earth surface.

JackBlack

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2017, 01:01:47 PM »
In what way does it not look like a giant sphere to you?

As for things indicating it isn't flat:
The fact that you get a sharp "horizon" rather than it fading to a blur or seeing all the way to the edge.
The fact that the sun appears below the clouds, even though it would need to be significantly above the clouds for Earth to be flat.

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2017, 01:13:45 PM »

The fact that you get a sharp "horizon" rather than it fading to a blur or seeing all the way to the edge.
The fact that the sun appears below the clouds, even though it would need to be significantly above the clouds for Earth to be flat.

Great response, interested to see the other sides view of these facts. I really do hope they try to explain it unlike usual
FE people have nothing to fear but sphere itself

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2017, 02:19:51 PM »

Great response, interested to see the other sides view of these facts. I really do hope they try to explain it unlike usual
I too look forward to any sort of coherent explanation for sunset that doesn't require light to do things it's never been observed doing.

NAZA

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2017, 02:50:24 PM »
Coming soon:
The Celestial Mirror TheoryTM

The celestial mirror is suspended from the celestial gears and reflects the ray of the sunspotlight making it look like the sun is setting behind the horizon. It is adjustable to make the sun appear larger than it is during sunset/sunrise.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2017, 01:36:08 AM »
28,000 ft, if you believe that aircraft altimeter.

The title on the video on YouTube is also a clue!
[youtube][/youtube]
Sun rise under the clouds at FL280
So how does you sun get below the clouds?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2017, 07:22:58 PM »

[youtube][/youtube]

So... the claim is that you can see curvature with the naked eye at 28,000 feet?

I am correct.

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2017, 08:24:08 PM »

[youtube][/youtube]

So... the claim is that you can see curvature with the naked eye at 28,000 feet?
Looks like they're actually asking how the sun got below the clouds at 28,000 feet.  How about you answer that question instead of saying that people are claiming something they aren't so you can knock it down?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2017, 08:45:18 PM »

[youtube][/youtube]

Looks like they're actually asking how the sun got below the clouds at 28,000 feet.  How about you answer that question instead of saying that people are claiming something they aren't so you can knock it down?

Looks like it could be a reflection to me? I don't know.

I was referring to Canadabear. He claims curvature is visible.

I am correct.

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2017, 08:47:03 PM »

[youtube][/youtube]

there is a 0% chance that is a reflection and I guess you know that but can not answer with a valid reason that backs FE

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2017, 08:53:27 PM »

[youtube][/youtube]

there is a 0% chance that is a reflection and I guess you know that but can not answer with a valid reason that backs FE

Okay, until you can back that up it's your opinion.

I am correct.

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2017, 09:01:01 PM »

[youtube][/youtube]

Until you prove its a reflection then that is your opinion, how does that strengthen your argument?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2017, 09:06:50 PM »

[youtube][/youtube]

Until you prove its a reflection then that is your opinion, how does that strengthen your argument?

It doesn't, it weakens yours. If you care so much about my opinion being wrong, prove it.

I am correct.

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2017, 09:14:06 PM »

[youtube][/youtube]

It doesn't, it weakens yours. If you care so much about my opinion being wrong, prove it.

If as you claim it is a reflection why is the plane wing not reflecting the light too?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2017, 09:17:02 PM »

If as you claim it is a reflection why is the plane wing not reflecting the light too?

Because the light is coming in at an improper angle for that to happen, pretty clearly.

I am correct.

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2017, 09:20:18 PM »

Because the light is coming in at an improper angle for that to happen, pretty clearly.
]
 do not be so stupid, in your FE model the sun is above it, therefore it will catch and reflect light but that plane wing looks rather dark to me which means it is barely reflecting any light because the light is underneath it and the clouds. the clouds directly under the wing are lit so the wing would be too.

Well I have given you a good reason it is underneath, now I want your reason it is a reflection but not reflecting off the wing :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:22:46 PM by romxuk »

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2017, 09:25:58 PM »

]
 do not be so stupid, in your FE model the sun is above it, therefore it will catch and reflect light but that plane wing looks rather dark to me which means it is barely reflecting any light because the light is underneath it and the clouds. the clouds directly under the wing are lit so the wing would be too.

Well I have given you a good reason it is underneath, now I want your reason it is a reflection but not reflecting off the wing :D

Well, because that's impossible.

I am correct.

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2017, 09:30:19 PM »

]

You are right it is impossible to be a reflection so therefore it must be under the clouds. but that is also not possible in your FE model, checkmate

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2017, 09:32:01 PM »

]

You are right it is impossible to be a reflection so therefore it must be under the clouds. but that is also not possible in your FE model, checkmate

No, what you're describing is impossible because the Sun is above them.

I am correct.

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2017, 09:34:00 PM »

]

Prove it, I gave proof it was not, but you wont even try because you can't.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2017, 09:38:47 PM »

You didn't really "give proof".

I am correct.

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2017, 09:45:01 PM »

I very clearly did, otherwise why is the wing not lit like a Christmas tree, you can tell looking at it that it is reflective but reflecting virtually no light but all the clouds all around and under it are lit well. this leads any person with a couple of brain cells to realize the light is coming from below not above

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »

I very clearly did, otherwise why is the wing not lit like a Christmas tree, you can tell looking at it that it is reflective but reflecting virtually no light but all the clouds all around and under it are lit well. this leads any person with a couple of brain cells to realize the light is coming from below not above

Because the light is very clearly entering at a different angle. It's dishonest to not admit that this is possible.

I am correct.

« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2017, 09:51:06 PM »

Because the light is very clearly entering at a different angle. It's dishonest to not admit that this is possible.

if what you say was true not all the clouds would be so well lit, and under the plane would be as  poorly lit as the plane itself but that is not the case

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2017, 10:09:56 PM »

if what you say was true not all the clouds would be so well lit, and under the plane would be as  poorly lit as the plane itself but that is not the case

Are we watching the same video?

I am correct.