Poll

What do you think about my Flat Earth Flipper Theory/Model?

I believe that it is the most realistic representation of the Earth!
I think that it is plausible, and explains a lot that FE can't logically.
I have some more questions on it...
Some things make sense, but I believe in a different model...
The Flipper Theory sounds ridiculous! i belieev the earth is iNfiNItE!!1
The Flipper Theory sounds ridiculous! I am a gullible roundie!
What in the hell is the Flat Earth Flipper Model?

Flat Earth Flipper Theory General/Poll/Explanation

• 109 Replies

Straight

• We should put all "SCIENTISTS" behind BARS
Flat Earth Flipper Theory General/Poll/Explanation
« on: October 01, 2017, 02:30:02 PM »
What is the Flat Earth Flipper Model?

The Flat Earth Flipper model explains a lot of things that normal FE doesn't (or can't logically - no, "things 'just fall'" is not a good explanation for "gravity" *cough John Davis).

The Flat Earth Flipper theory explains gravity by the Earth accelerating relatively "up" at 9.8m/s^2 to compensate for ""gravity"".

"But wouldn't we reach and pass the speed of light?"

No. Everytime the Earth is RIGHT about to reach light speed it "flips" around 180 degrees, and starts the cycle again, this time going relatively "down" at 9.8m/s^2 again until it reaches almost speed of light. This continues for ever.

"But wouldn't we all *DIE* on Earth if it flipped so fast?"

Yes, that is how the Dinosaurs died, only smaller animals survived the extinction. We don't know when next Great Flip will be.
We can even say a Great Flip split Pangaea!

"Okay, so what does your model explain that normal FE can't?!"

Apart from what happens when Earth accelerates to light speed, Flipper theory also explains inner planet heat, ice ages, eclipses (solar, lunar), seasons, and much more.

Inner Planet Heat and Ice Ages

The flipping of the Earth is what causes the Earth to be warm, as flipping creates a lot of friction and heat, which stays in the planet for a VERY long time. Eventually the Earth will cool down so low that it will become what we know as "an ice age". Ice ages usually happen right before a great flip anyway, so fairly soon the cycle happens again of heating cooling.

We are currently probably in the latter middle part of this process, as we neither have extreme heat neither an ice age.

Sun/Moon Hanging Above Us

From the very center of the arctic is a very long pole, extending thousands of miles up. At a certain point that one pole splits into two, with one of them being attached by a bearing and being able to spin freely unaffected by the other pole.

These two poles then hang out and hold the Sun and Moon (respectively) kind of like Christmas tree ornaments. The moon hangs slightly lower, allowing it to spin freely around without hitting the sun.

Solar Eclipses

Because the Moon hangs slightly lower than the Sun and is able to pass under the Sun, the Moon can cause solar eclipses.

"But wouldn't that mean we would have a solar eclipse, like, every day??"

No, read on.

Second Axis of Rotation and Seasons

Now where you are imagining the Sun or Moon, replace them with a second "ornament pole arm" that can spin freely on its own axis of rotation. On the end of this second arm is the Sun or Moon.

What does this cause? This causes Solar Eclipses to be as rare as they really are, and it also allows and explains seasons. The Sun is sometimes closer to the Southern 'Hemisphere', sometimes closer to the Northern 'Hemisphere', and sometimes along the Equator.

Lunar Eclipses

Lunar Eclipses occur when the Sun and Moon are opposite of each other. The degree of 'oppositeness' and their own axis of rotation allow the lunar eclipses to be visible in different parts of the earth.

"Wow! This theory makes so much sense! Of course!"

Everything is explained very logically, so of course it makes sense! This theory is still relatively new, so if you have any questions, ask away!

Also, sorry if you're colorblind.

Flatz

• NASA is lying about the stars!!!
Re: Flat Earth Flipper Theory General/Poll/Explanation
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BLIND?? This idea of the Earth flipping is GENIUS. things dont just "fall" its an ACCELERATION. You "Flat Earthers" are probably just scammers with your "infinite Earth" theories. You're all just a bunch of round Earth clowns.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 07:42:07 AM »
1) Why isn't humanity dead, having been around at the end of the last ice age, and thus around for a 'flip' event?
2) Why does the 'acceleration' of the Earth vary depending on where you are by a measurable amount?

I should also note if you are going to accept Relativity (which you must in order for acceleration to be indistinguishable from gravity) you also don't have to worry about going faster than the speed of light as a property therein. So this whole 'flip' idea isn't needed. There are other issues here, but let's have you field these ones first.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 08:04:44 AM »
Blindness is ignoring mountains of evidence that the Earth is spherical....

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Straight

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 08:18:59 AM »

Blindness is thinking we are on a ball whizzing through space at thousands of miles an hour, somehow neither getting flown off or falling off the bottom.

Blindness is equally thinking that the Earth is somehow infinite and the Sun and Moon just magically "float" in the air without structural support (poles).

Crutchwater

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 08:21:48 AM »
...and all the photos of the earth from space?

Straight

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 08:26:46 AM »

Okay, all of those are faked by either curving those images or by having a "fishbowl effect" camera. Those images are manipulated.

But have you ever wondered why there are no images of Earth from above the Arctic? Why is that? Oh yeah that's right! They can't because the poles would get in the way! Think about things logically before posting a question please.  ;D

Crutchwater

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 08:28:59 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about the fake photos...

All of them...

Sure.

I'm done here!

Straight

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 08:42:37 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about the fake photos...

All of them...

Sure.

I'm done here!

? How about you come up with some counters to my points instead of disregarding them, or have you already given up because you know you can't respond?

Also, be careful, you're getting to a sketchy number of posts.

NAZA

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 08:46:07 AM »
Blindness is using a theory that was first proven valid by using the fact that we live in a heleocentric solar system to attempt to disprove the fact that we live in a heleocentric solar system.

In other words, Eddington used GR to prove the earth a spinning globe orbiting a distant star.

So which theory is incorrect?   GR or FET?

Or can we add GR to the list of things that conspire to make a flat earth appear to be a globe?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:52:57 AM by NAZA »

Crutchwater

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 08:59:59 AM »
I feel no need to counter such nonsense, especially since you seem to believe that all photos from space are "fake". Or did you simply disregard them?

You can carry on without me..

Good luck with your "model".

Straight

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 09:54:20 AM »
1) Why isn't humanity dead, having been around at the end of the last ice age, and thus around for a 'flip' event?
2) Why does the 'acceleration' of the Earth vary depending on where you are by a measurable amount?

I should also note if you are going to accept Relativity (which you must in order for acceleration to be indistinguishable from gravity) you also don't have to worry about going faster than the speed of light as a property therein. So this whole 'flip' idea isn't needed. There are other issues here, but let's have you field these ones first.

1) Some humans survived the great extinction, as I said, small animals and those that hid could survive such events.

2) Where did you get that the acceleration feels different at different parts of the Earth?

Why must I accept relativity in order for acceleration to work? And we can't go faster than the speed of light, only light can do that, and light is massless. Did you fail basic High School Physics?

NAZA

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 10:16:53 AM »
Why must I accept relativity in order for acceleration to work? And we can't go faster than the speed of light, only light can do that, and light is massless. Did you fail basic High School Physics?

Well you seem to accept two of his fundamental principles do accept all of them or only those that fit your model?

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 10:47:38 AM »

1) Some humans survived the great extinction, as I said, small animals and those that hid could survive such events.

2) Where did you get that the acceleration feels different at different parts of the Earth?

1) Fine then, fair enough.

2) It doesn't feel different, it's just measurably different. As shown here: https://briankoberlein.com/wp-content/uploads/Earth_surfacegravity_lge.jpg

As NAZA suggests, you're accepting two fundamental principles of it. Do you just throw out what doesn't fit your model? Under relativity you will never actually achieve the speed of light. Where did I suggest otherwise? You don't need to flip, because the very thing that allows acceleration to reproduce gravity says you won't actually reach the speed of light under this model.

Flatz

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 11:39:52 AM »

Why are you roundies even on this site?

Crutchwater

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 11:44:13 AM »
Is it closed to intelligent people?

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 11:57:08 AM »
Please vote in the poll.
There is an option missing.  My vote would be:  The world isn't flat, so any model that starts with a flat earth is inherently flawed. 

Write-in campaign.

Crutchwater

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 12:31:54 PM »
Why so angry?

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »
Please vote in the poll.
There is an option missing.  My vote would be:  The world isn't flat, I AM GAY so any model that starts with a flat earth is inherently flawed. 

Write-in campaign.

You could have voted "I'm a stupid gullible roundie" it's an option.

and you look like a homophobic arshole, also your avatar show that you have some kind of problems  ;)

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »

Blindness is thinking we are on a ball whizzing through space at thousands of miles an hour, somehow neither getting flown off or falling off the bottom.

Blindness is equally thinking that the Earth is somehow infinite and the Sun and Moon just magically "float" in the air without structural support (poles).

I wouldn't call this blindness, but... grasping at straws is thinking we are living on a giant life supporting quarter that is flipping around in space....

The silliest thing about your speed of light space logic is this........ in RE logic...

(god why am i even bothering)

The edge of the VISIBLE universe is the cosmic microwave background... but there is nothing that says the universe doesn't extend far beyond that, masked by the red shift of light..... So, what did I interpret from something that I heard somewhere.... In a Trillion Billion years, a theory is that the universe will be expanding so fast (in all directions) that the Milkyway will appear to be the only known galaxy in the sky, because the other galaxies will be traveling away from us faster than the speed of light and will have in effect, red shifted out of existence...

So while nothing can travel faster than the speed of light is a cool saying, it's not a complete saying. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light through space... But Space can travel at whatever speed it wants...

I like to image a running river or a large body of water with a current.... A boat can only move so fast in the water..... but if the current is moving, the boat is still moving max speed relative to itself....

So... if the current is moving faster than light speed (which nothing says it can't....) then the boat will cease to exist to the observer, because information cannot travel faster... hopefully you get the idea...

So in closing... If the Stupid Flat Earth, is in a current of ever increasing force........ then there is nothing stopping the Earth from moving faster than the speed of light to maintain your silly gravity mimicking acceleration. The speed of light will still only travel at the speed of light relative to earth, despite the current itself moving faster than light...

You can have that model if you'd like... Call it... The Current Model...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:43:53 PM by RocketSauce »
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 02:43:09 PM »
What is the Flat Earth Flipper Model?

The Flat Earth Flipper model explains a lot of things that normal FE doesn't (or can't logically - no, "things 'just fall'" is not a good explanation for "gravity" *cough John Davis).

The Flat Earth Flipper theory explains gravity by the Earth accelerating relatively "up" at 9.8m/s^2 to compensate for ""gravity"".

"But wouldn't we reach and pass the speed of light?"

No. Everytime the Earth is RIGHT about to reach light speed it "flips" around 180 degrees, and starts the cycle again, this time going relatively "down" at 9.8m/s^2 again until it reaches almost speed of light. This continues for ever.

"But wouldn't we all *DIE* on Earth if it flipped so fast?"

Yes, that is how the Dinosaurs died, only smaller animals survived the extinction. We don't know when next Great Flip will be.
We can even say a Great Flip split Pangaea!

"Wow! This theory makes so much sense! Of course!"

Everything is explained very logically, so of course it makes sense! This theory is still relatively new, so if you have any questions, ask away!

Your poll does seem to indicate rapid acceptance of the "Flipper Model"! with 1 50-50 split between:
  • I believe that it is the most realistic representation of the Earth! and
  • The Flipper Theory sounds ridiculous! I am a gullible roundie!
;D I voted for the latter. ;D

Though obviously those who voted
"I believe that it is the most realistic representation of the Earth!" were comparing it with the numerous existing, totally unsupportable flat earth hypotheses.

What does "Also, sorry if you're colorblind." mean?

:P I do have a minor question.  :P
Since the speed of light is precisely 299,792,458 m/s (±1.2 m/s) the earth would take 30,591,067 secs (approx) to reach light speed (neglecting that ridiculous Einsteinian relativity nonsense).
That is only 354.06327 days (to the nearest second) or a bit less than a year.
:-[ Didn't those dinosaurs supposedly died 65,000,000 years ago?  ::)

??? poor, poor Dyno :-[
Maybe you need a minor revision.
Flat Earth Flipper Theory Mk II coming up!
;D ;D Just a minor question: If that ridiculous Einsteinian relativity stuff is all nonsense, why are you bothering to flip the earth anyway? ;D ;D
Maybe I missed something.

Straight

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 03:14:04 PM »
Your poll does seem to indicate rapid acceptance of the "Flipper Model"! with 1 50-50 split between:
  • I believe that it is the most realistic representation of the Earth! and
  • The Flipper Theory sounds ridiculous! I am a gullible roundie!
;D I voted for the latter. ;D

Though obviously those who voted
"I believe that it is the most realistic representation of the Earth!" were comparing it with the numerous existing, totally unsupportable flat earth hypotheses.

Nice Roast  ;D

What does "Also, sorry if you're colorblind." mean?

What?

:P I do have a minor question.  :P
Since the speed of light is precisely 299,792,458 m/s (±1.2 m/s) the earth would take 30,591,067 secs (approx) to reach light speed (neglecting that ridiculous Einsteinian relativity nonsense).
That is only 354.06327 days (to the nearest second) or a bit less than a year.
:-[ Didn't those dinosaurs supposedly died 65,000,000 years ago?  ::)

??? poor, poor Dyno :-[
Maybe you need a minor revision.
Flat Earth Flipper Theory Mk II coming up!

Yeah I did those exact same calculations. I'm still currently working out the theory on that bit, I know i'm right, I just didn't include some vital information that will be coming soon about how it fully works. I just posted the general idea, which will be explained further in depth soon (haven't had the time recently to explain it in full).  :)

;D ;D Just a minor question: If that ridiculous Einsteinian relativity stuff is all nonsense, why are you bothering to flip the earth anyway? ;D ;D

Einsteinian theory of relativity is wrong, how can we possibly go past the speed of light? Only light can go that speed because it's massless. I don't really understand what the theory has to do with the Earth not being able to flip before it hits light speed according to you ???

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 03:43:10 PM »

Einsteinian theory of relativity is wrong, how can we possibly go past the speed of light? Only light can go that speed because it's massless. I don't really understand what the theory has to do with the Earth not being able to flip before it hits light speed according to you ???
My point is that is only the "Einsteinian theory of relativity" that limits velocities to the velocities to the velocity of light, so if you can boot old Albert out your problems all disappear.

Though, maybe not! Then you end up with Lorentz getting the way.
Chuck Lorentz. out too and you are back to "the Galilean transformation of Newtonian physics, which assumes an absolute space and time".
All looks too much trouble. I think I'll give the Flat Earth Flipper Theory the flip -  ;D sorry about that  ;D.
I think I'll stick to Albert and his GR - it works. All you need to do is solve a little equation like: . It can't be that hard,
until you realise that it's a tensor equation in 4-D spacetime.

Oops, let's go back to old Isaac's "Law of Universal Gravitation", . Even I can handle that!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 06:49:56 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 06:00:41 PM »
Please vote in the poll.
There is an option missing.  My vote would be:  The world isn't flat, so any model that starts with a flat earth is inherently flawed. 

Write-in campaign.

You could have voted "I'm a stupid gullible roundie" it's an option.
I suppose you don't understand the difference between someone who is stupid and gullible, and someone who is able to make a supported conclusion drawn from multiple sources of evidence.  After all, you believe the Earth is flat despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary.  I guess I shouldn't expect you to know very much under the circumstances.  My mistake.  I will try to avoid expecting a normal amount of intelligence from you. 

Flatz

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 07:32:38 AM »
"Mountain of evidence" is all you roundies talk about. All of you clowns are like a hive-mind; all brainwashed by NASA. This "mountain of evidence" is easily debunkable. Ask ANYTHING and we will come up with a logical explanation to prove the flat earth flipper theory CORRECT. Read the bible, the earth is flat, so if you are a roundie, you are an atheist.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:35:06 AM by Flatz »

Crutchwater

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 07:37:06 AM »
"Mountain of evidence" is all you roundies talk about. All of you clowns are like a hive-mind; all brainwashed by NASA. This "mountain of evidence" is easily debunkable. Ask ANYTHING and we will come up with a logical explanation to prove the flat earth flipper theory CORRECT. Read the bible, the earth is flat, so if you are a roundie, you are an atheist.

Sunset

Blue Marble photo from Apollo 17

NAZA

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 07:45:45 AM »

How about explaining what causes 2 high tides every day.
Explain sunsets without using magic.
Explain eclipses without imaginary never seen magic orbs.
Why do I see stars on the horizon but not the mountains in between me and the star.

Why is gravity measurably different in different locations on earth.
Btw, the bible is a book that tells you how to go to heaven NOT how the heavens go.

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 07:51:20 AM »

-flight distances between Sydney Australia and Johannesburg
-flight distances between Sydney Australia and Santiago Chile
-solar eclipse
-lunar eclipse
-star movements around the sky (difference between northern and southern hemisphere)
-planetary movements
-direction of the sunset (for example: sunset at the equator at 21 of march is directly west, according to the FEI it should be shifted north)
-satellites
-gravity
-Foucault Pendulum
-results of the expeditions to the south pole

that evidence enough that you can try start to debunk.

as a reminder all you debunking must have evidence that your claims are true.

and BTW. where in the Bible (its anyway a Fairy Tail Book) is written that the earth is flat?

Flatz

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 07:58:09 AM »

Sunsuck

Blue Marble photo from Apollo 17

You know these photos are all fake right? They know that it is impossible to take perfect centered photos from a satellite so they just computer generate hundreds of pictures to make it seem like we can. And lets not mention the number times that the "photos" show North America as half the size of the Earth.

How come there are no NASA images from above the arctic? Suspicious...

GRIZZ420

• DA BEARS!
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2017, 07:59:13 AM »
"Mountain of evidence" is all you roundies talk about. All of you clowns are like a hive-mind; all brainwashed by NASA. This "mountain of evidence" is easily debunkable. Ask ANYTHING and we will come up with a logical explanation to prove the flat earth flipper theory CORRECT. Also If you are a roundie, you are an atheist.

This is just a stupid rant based on angry ignorance.

-NASA is about 60 years old and only in the USA yet has brainwashed the world with the sphere earth for centuries apparently.
-The mountains of evidence for round earth have not been debunked because it cant. Yet every aspect of FE has been debunked by facts and logic.
-you say that at least 99.97% of the world are atheists because they know the earth is a sphere. This is just dumb.

Your dolphin flipper earth has the same flaws as all other flat earth theories so keep trying. Instead of trying explain the outside of your flat earth start with the most important part of it, a working FE map! Everything else comes after the map. You cant explain the heavens of a universe when you havnt even explained how the earth under your feet works yet.
Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
- John Adams