My Personal Flat Earth Model

• 153 Replies

NAZA

Re: My Personal Flat Earth Model
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
Meh, I have other things to spend lots of time on that I can actually make lots of money doing. If someone paid me, I might.
Are you kidding?  Imagine all the money you could make from the world wide transportation industry by producing accurate maps that show the true distances between locations so that they can better optimize shipping routes.

Imagine the money that dtv, dish network, and others would pay him to keep quiet about their fraud!
By doing some simple math today he'd never have to work again.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2017, 03:59:48 AM »
$1,120,000

That's the current payout for a Nobel Prize.

Surely, proving the Earth flat, and exposing such a planet-wide conspiracy, would guarantee you a prize next year!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

NAZA

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2017, 05:49:03 AM »

The number of posts that th3rm0m3t3r0 has made since he claimed he had no time to do a simple math problem.

Looks like he was lying when he claimed he had no time and when he said he wanted the truth.

Perhaps I gave him a math problem that is too advanced for him.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2017, 05:50:15 AM »

The number of posts that th3rm0m3t3r0 has made since he claimed he had no time to do a simple math problem.

Looks like he was lying when he claimed he had no time and when he said he wanted the truth.

Again, why don't you just do it yourself? I don't really feel the need to humor you.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2017, 05:56:20 AM »

Again, why don't you just do it yourself? I don't really feel the need to humor you.
Because although you'll end up hanged either way, doing it with your own rope is a lot more satisfying. 

Maybe NAZA has a different reason for wanting you do the math that proves you wrong yourself, but that would be my reason.

NAZA

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2017, 05:57:35 AM »

Now I'm sure that I gave him a math problem that is too advanced for him.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2017, 07:09:26 AM »

Everyone knows I'm innumerate. Quit making me feel bad about it.

I am correct.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2017, 07:32:53 AM »
That doesn't come to some degree of surprise, tbh.  :-\
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

NAZA

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2017, 10:14:09 AM »

Why didn't you just say so instead of lying about forgetting and lying about not having time?

Fortunately I have a solution.   How are you with your ABC's?

John lives on a flat earth in Baton Rouge LA and his direct tv dish only works at an elevation of 53°.  Suzy lives 500 miles from John in Poplar Bluff AK and her direct tv dish only works at an elevation of 46°.

1.  How far away from Suzy is the stratellite that John and Suzy are viewing?

A.  10 miles
B.  100 miles
C.  1000 miles
D.  More than 3000 miles

2.  What is the altitude  of the stratellite above the flat earth?

A.  10,000 feet
B.  100,000 feet
C.  1,000,000 feet
D.  More than 10,000,000 feet

So what now?
Dog ate your laptop?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2017, 01:11:29 PM »

Why didn't you just say so instead of lying about forgetting and lying about not having time?

John lives on a flat earth in Baton Rouge LA and his direct tv dish only works at an elevation of 53°.  Suzy lives 500 miles from John in Poplar Bluff AK and her direct tv dish only works at an elevation of 46°.

A.  10 miles
B.  100 miles
C.  1000 miles
D.  More than 3000 miles

A.  10,000 feet
B.  100,000 feet
C.  1,000,000 feet

So what now?
Dog ate your laptop?

I'm at work. Just tell me. I don't feel like wasting time on that. It's not that I don't have time, I just don't care enough to lose money over it.

I am correct.

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2017, 01:36:56 PM »

Innumerate with a self-professed background in Doppler effects?  Come the hell off it man, all you do is play games rather than take a stand (right or wrong).  When pressed hard for a definitive answer you either change the subject or go silent rather than admit you're wrong.  I suppose the real dilemma here is that you DO have the intellect to realize how ridiculous and tenuous your position is.  Rather than face the FACT that you don't have a leg to stand on, you dodge or ignore hard questions.  The formula to solve the satellite problem has been given and demonstrated.  All you need to do is plug in the numbers - yet you're dodging again.

The simple truth remains regarding a flat earth - it creates more problems than it solves.  The contradictions created by a flat earth don't exist if the earth is a globe.  What you're proposing here isn't a model, it isn't a theory, it is nothing more than a daydream.  Just like John Davis, Altspace, Sandokahn, and Intikam spouting unsupported rhetoric your voice joins the din of nonsensical gibberish that bleats the same tired mantra - I see X therefore X must be real.  Regardless of the implications of X, regardless that X may have multiple explanations - many of which make better sense than X, or have been proven to not be X. 

Take a stand, have a damn spine, and either admit you are wrong or that you choose to ignore any view that challenges your position regardless of its merit.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

NAZA

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »

A.  10 miles
B.  100 miles
C.  1000 miles
D.  More than 3000 miles

A.  10,000 feet
B.  100,000 feet
C.  1,000,000 feet

So what now?
Dog ate your laptop?

I'm at work. Just tell me. I don't feel like wasting time on that. It's not that I don't have time, I just don't care enough to lose money over it.

Well I certainly don't want you to get in trouble at work so I'll check back this evening.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2017, 03:57:57 PM »

Innumerate with a self-professed background in Doppler effects?  Come the hell off it man, all you do is play games rather than take a stand (right or wrong).  When pressed hard for a definitive answer you either change the subject or go silent rather than admit you're wrong.  I suppose the real dilemma here is that you DO have the intellect to realize how ridiculous and tenuous your position is.  Rather than face the FACT that you don't have a leg to stand on, you dodge or ignore hard questions.  The formula to solve the satellite problem has been given and demonstrated.  All you need to do is plug in the numbers - yet you're dodging again.

The simple truth remains regarding a flat earth - it creates more problems than it solves.  The contradictions created by a flat earth don't exist if the earth is a globe.  What you're proposing here isn't a model, it isn't a theory, it is nothing more than a daydream.  Just like John Davis, Altspace, Sandokahn, and Intikam spouting unsupported rhetoric your voice joins the din of nonsensical gibberish that bleats the same tired mantra - I see X therefore X must be real.  Regardless of the implications of X, regardless that X may have multiple explanations - many of which make better sense than X, or have been proven to not be X. 

Take a stand, have a damn spine, and either admit you are wrong or that you choose to ignore any view that challenges your position regardless of its merit.

You do the math, then. I just really don't want to put that much time and energy into someone I don't care about.

I am correct.

Gumwars

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2017, 04:04:03 PM »

You do the math, then. I just really don't want to put that much time and energy into someone I don't care about.

You don't care to put that much time or energy into defending your own "model"?  I'm satisfied with that response.  Let's stamp it official then:

FLAT EARTH DEBUNKED - AGAIN
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »

You don't care to put that much time or energy into defending your own "model"?  I'm satisfied with that response.  Let's stamp it official then:

Not really.

Oh, it's big and red. I guess it's over, guys. Pack it up. Shut down the site.

I am correct.

Gumwars

« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2017, 04:31:44 PM »
As pointed out previously - all you do is dodge or ignore.  When pressed to take a stand you do anything but.

Gumwars

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2017, 04:32:37 PM »
And yes:

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2017, 04:54:18 PM »
And yes:

What was your question?

I am correct.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2017, 05:15:14 PM »
And yes:

What was your question?
It seems like you already answered his question.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »
And yes:

What was your question?

What are you talking about? ???

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »
It's ok guys. We have uncovered his trolling. Th3rm has just been bullshitting the society the whole time with his 'I have seen the light of the flat earth'.

Unlike real flat earth believers, th3rm has no conviction and no reasons to share why he believes the earth is flat. He is fulfilling this role only to make flat earthers look stupid. For shame th3rm. At least the real flat earthers I can respect. You are just a troll

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2017, 05:35:09 PM »
And yes:

What was your question?

What are you talking about? ???
Well, you seem to have no counter arguments, so what is wrong with claiming
If you disagree, present some counter arguments.

But the earth doesn't look flat to me!
Here's the same photo corrected (based on the straightness of the rope):

Also, I found a video by a flat earth believer who has posted a high altitude video with a non-fisheye lens. The curvature is more readily seen after a posterize effect is applied:
The curvature looks similar to me!

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2017, 05:38:33 PM »
It's ok guys. We have uncovered his trolling. Th3rm has just been bullshitting the society the whole time with his 'I have seen the light of the flat earth'.

Unlike real flat earth believers, th3rm has no conviction and no reasons to share why he believes the earth is flat. He is fulfilling this role only to make flat earthers look stupid. For shame th3rm. At least the real flat earthers I can respect. You are just a troll

How could you be so sure everyone isn't just a troll? What if your mom is pulling a classic "I'm your mom" troll on you, and she's just some random troll?

Troll troll troll troll troll.

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2017, 05:43:20 PM »

How could you be so sure everyone isn't just a troll? What if your mom is pulling a classic "I'm your mom" troll on you, and she's just some random troll?

You could be onto something. I never considered this. I'll be demanding she subject herself to DNA testing as soon as I finish work. How dare she

Next thing you know, my kids aren't even mine

FML

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2017, 05:44:16 PM »

You could be onto something. I never considered this. I'll be demanding she subject herself to DNA testing as soon as I finish work. How dare she

Next thing you know, my kids aren't even mine

FML

Wait... You fell for the "these are your kids" troll?

How dumb are you?

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2017, 05:49:55 PM »

I did  :'(

How dumb are you?

I'm on a flat earth forum talking to a guy calling himself th3rm0m3t3r0.... I would have to say pretty dumb indeed!!!

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2017, 05:51:51 PM »

I did  :'(

How dumb are you?

I'm on a flat earth forum talking to a guy calling himself th3rm0m3t3r0.... I would have to say pretty dumb indeed!!!

Are you calling my name dumb?

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2017, 05:56:45 PM »
Well now that you mention it...... WTF is up with it? Even if you were going for a 'fully sik mate' l33t handle,  it's still lame

Know your place

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »
Well now that you mention it...... WTF is up with it? Even if you were going for a 'fully sik mate' l33t handle,  it's still lame

It's the name the shill company assigned me. I only get paid to post from this account. I had no control over it. They pay me in shillings.

I am correct.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2017, 06:05:08 PM »

It's the name the shill company assigned me. I only get paid to post from this account. I had no control over it. They pay me in shillings.

And there is the admission!

Thanks for playing th3rm. Have a great day

Know your place