About density and buoyancy that I don't see people bring up.

• 782 Replies

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: About density and buoyancy that I don't see people bring up.
« Reply #660 on: November 21, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »
Remember when you claimed air could past through objects?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #661 on: November 21, 2017, 10:01:25 AM »
For a start water kills off gravity.
Water is a proof of denpressure not a hindrance.

All water is, is a more dense accumulation of what atmosphere is.
It's just another step in the sandwich.

If atmosphere was more dense we would be squeezed UP just like we are when we hold our breath under water. The water squeezes us back up until we release the air and become more dense and then we are squeezed down.

Same thing as air and why helium balloons and such are squeezed up until they released their gas which them allows the skin of the balloon to be squeezed down.

Notice how there's never a PULL of fictional gravity anywhere?

HOW DARE YOU MENTION GRAVITY TO ME
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

« Reply #662 on: November 21, 2017, 10:08:55 AM »
No I don't.
Why don't you actually take the time to grasp it all and stop getting yourself all confused with this dome pushing things down when I keep telling you time and time and time and time and time again that everything is pushing UP and each molecule that pushing up is pushing up into the next and the next and the next whilst ALL of those that push up are also pushing against the resistance of those that are pushing up....all the way up that stack, throughout the dome.
The dome itself does NOT push down.

Can you grasp this or not?

So now everything is pushing up. So why doesn’t stuff go up then?
Because by pushing up and into the atmosphere the objects use the ground as leverage to stop the squeeze back down.

It's been explained many times, were you asleep?

And why is everything pushing up? And why is there an unequal force driving all objects down?

You are providing no mechanism as to why objects fall.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #663 on: November 21, 2017, 11:41:58 AM »

Because on the face of it you seem to be contradicting yourself.  Ok I can get that when you push off something you are also pushing it the opposite direction.
But with this constant force upward why isn't pressure equalizing above us?  Why does it lessen at higher altitudes?
I'm not contradicting myself, it's you not understanding.
If you think I've contradicted myself then bring up where I have and don't just say it.

What constant force upwards?
Tell me what you are talking about.
Just a few posts up you claimed everything was pushing up.

« Reply #664 on: November 21, 2017, 11:48:31 AM »
Crabby, you've spent about 2 minutes on it since it started so how in the hell would you know anything about it.
Are you kidding me?  I was there when you invented this shit.  I've debated it to death before, and haven't the will to go over the same crap again.  All you do is go round in circles until everyone gets bored and goes home.  Or you throw a tantrum and leave.

There's still some entertainment value in watching JackBlack wipe the floor with you, I'll give you that.

The thing is, deep down, you know denpressure is a big broken mess.  You just can't even admit it to yourself, as that would be perceived as losing.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JackBlack

« Reply #665 on: November 21, 2017, 12:56:02 PM »
You don't have to stop. I'm just trying to save your sanity, because you will implode trying to destroy my theory by using the bogus gravity theory.
No you aren't. You are trying to stop me continually refuting your crap.
You don't a have a theory. You have a pile of garbage which fails to make even simple predictions about reality in a consistent manner.
I'm not using the real theory of gravity to disprove your garbage.
I am using reality and your own garbage to disprove your garbage.

Because by pushing up and into the atmosphere the objects use the ground as leverage to stop the squeeze back down.
The atmosphere is pushing things up, not the other way around.

How would you be able to use the ground as leverage to stop yourself from going up?
Using the ground as leverage will just make you go up.
What is causing the squeeze back down if everything is being pushed up?

It's been explained many times, were you asleep?
But the explanations repeatedly contradict each other, and they are filled with so much nonsense it isn't funny.

Perhaps you were asleep and that is why your explanations are so crap.

Action and equal and opposite reaction.
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

If something pushes into something else then that something else must resist that push by using some kind of leverage to do so.
You are only pushed back on what you push against.

Which means if the atmosphere is pushing up (including up into the dome), the dome MUST push back against the atmosphere, pushing it down.

I have a question for you.
Why after all of this time have you reverted right back to not even knowing the very basics.
Are you playing a game?
Because you directly contradicted these basics to try and explain buoyancy.

Perhaps you should get the basics sorted out and go from there rather than repeatedly switching to try and explain things which show your model to be broken.

If you think I've contradicted myself then bring up where I have and don't just say it.
When you do you bitch and moan, complaining that people aren't bringing up one point at a time.
You typically resort to air pushing things down, but then when it comes time for buoyancy you switch and have it magically push things up. A direct contradiction.

In a clear, consistent manner explain why:
A helium filled baloon is pushed up.
A piece of cork is pushed up in water but down in air.
A steel ball is pushed down.

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #666 on: November 21, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
but a hollow ball is pushed up in water, down in air... but a solid ball sinks in water and also sinks in the air... A balloon filled with helium floats, a balloon filled with air does not

a balloon filled with water also sinks in both mediums... Also... Density is a lie (just remember that people you are talking to someone who said Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.)
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #667 on: November 21, 2017, 11:48:04 PM »
Crabby, you've spent about 2 minutes on it since it started so how in the hell would you know anything about it.
Are you kidding me?  I was there when you invented this shit.  I've debated it to death before, and haven't the will to go over the same crap again.  All you do is go round in circles until everyone gets bored and goes home.  Or you throw a tantrum and leave.

There's still some entertainment value in watching JackBlack wipe the floor with you, I'll give you that.

The thing is, deep down, you know denpressure is a big broken mess.  You just can't even admit it to yourself, as that would be perceived as losing.
Come on crabby you can do a bit better than that.

As for Jackblack, he's trying to wipe the floor with a dirty cloth and it ends up worse than it was when he tried to clean it but now he also has dirty hands.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #668 on: November 21, 2017, 11:54:27 PM »
but a hollow ball is pushed up in water, down in air... but a solid ball sinks in water and also sinks in the air... A balloon filled with helium floats, a balloon filled with air does not

a balloon filled with water also sinks in both mediums... Also... Density is a lie (just remember that people you are talking to someone who said Quote from: sceptimatic
It is impossible to have the same volume and different density.
Understand it before you jump in.

« Reply #669 on: November 22, 2017, 12:33:10 AM »

You cant mean this, surely?

If volume defined density as your comment implies then why would we need both volume and density?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #670 on: November 22, 2017, 12:46:57 AM »

If volume defined density as your comment implies then why would we need both volume and density?
It's the volume and the density difference that makes denpressure work and makes the reality what it is and why gravity isn't a thing at all.

If you think this is wrong then give me an example and I'll show you why it's correct.

AltSpace

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Neo-Planarist
« Reply #671 on: November 22, 2017, 01:30:33 AM »
Density is mass per unit volume, anyone who understands it will tell you that. Is it different in your hypothesis?
It's the volume and the density difference that makes denpressure work and makes the reality what it is and why gravity isn't a thing at all.
Density= mass/volume
They are hardly comparable, they are different units, so what do you mean by "volume and density difference"?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

« Reply #672 on: November 22, 2017, 01:45:04 AM »
Okay so you try to disprove gravity with strictly density & buoyancy. But if I'm more dense than air, making me fall below it, what keeps the air down?

Please explain to me what's lighter than the air that constantly makes it fall down, and if there is such a thing, what keeps that other source down? Thanks..

Uhhh its weight duh

JackBlack

« Reply #673 on: November 22, 2017, 01:51:42 AM »
As for Jackblack, he's trying to wipe the floor with a dirty cloth and it ends up worse
I'm amazed, you have started insulting yourself and your model.

We do understand. Perhaps you should try and understand before you jump in.

So it is pure nonsense which makes your garbage works and why gravity isn't a thing?
No wonder your model doesn't work and gravity does.

If you think this is wrong then give me an example and I'll show you why it's correct.
How about the numerous examples I have given?
Like aluminium, silver and iridium?
All have the same structure (FCC) yet have completely different "apparent" densities. Why?

« Reply #674 on: November 22, 2017, 02:39:56 AM »

You're talking nonsense. Stop being silly.

What a waste of time and energy you are, I have no idea why people bother, it's like talking to a 4 year old.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #675 on: November 22, 2017, 03:35:16 AM »
Density is mass per unit volume, anyone who understands it will tell you that. Is it different in your hypothesis?
Density= mass/volume
They are hardly comparable, they are different units, so what do you mean by "volume and density difference"?
I'm saying that the density and the volume is why denpressure works and also why you cannot have the same volume and a different density for two objects.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #676 on: November 22, 2017, 03:37:09 AM »

What a waste of time and energy you are, I have no idea why people bother, it's like talking to a 4 year old.
Is this all you have?
Don't waste your energy unless you can explain what I'm saying is wrong.
I know what I'm saying is correct.

AltSpace

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Neo-Planarist
« Reply #677 on: November 22, 2017, 03:50:57 AM »
I'm saying that the density and the volume is why denpressure works and also why you cannot have the same volume and a different density for two objects.
But they do, for a certain amount of space, the weight of an object will can vary, even by taking the same amount of space, this is why there is such a concept as 'density'.

Anyways, I am pretty sure it was the more dense objects being less porous, displacing less and so pushing back less in Denspressure, so mass per unit volume decides the how porous it is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

« Reply #678 on: November 22, 2017, 04:09:35 AM »
As for Jackblack, he's trying to wipe the floor with a dirty cloth and it ends up worse than it was when he tried to clean it but now he also has dirty hands.
That metaphor is about as broken as denpressure...well done?

As for this volume nonsense: no you can't just redefine the word.  It looks like you're just taking the piss.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #679 on: November 22, 2017, 04:33:19 AM »
But they do, for a certain amount of space, the weight of an object will can vary, even by taking the same amount of space, this is why there is such a concept as 'density'.

Anyways, I am pretty sure it was the more dense objects being less porous, displacing less and so pushing back less in Denspressure, so mass per unit volume decides the how porous it is.
Sceppy's view of the world:
      “People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”
― Bill Watterson, The Calvin And Hobbes: Tenth Anniversary Book

Advice to those who argue with Sceppy:
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

How to argue with an idiot
Don't

Arguing with an idiot can be time consuming and mentally draining.
Arguing with an idiot is a lot like a saying my dad used to tell me,
"Never wrestle with a pig, you'll both get dirty and the pig will enjoy it."
In other words, don't argue with an idiot, you both look stupid and the idiot enjoys it!”
― Possibly George Bernard Shaw

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #680 on: November 22, 2017, 05:03:56 AM »

Name me two objects with the same volume but different mass in my denpressure theory.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #681 on: November 22, 2017, 05:04:52 AM »

As for this volume nonsense: no you can't just redefine the word.  It looks like you're just taking the piss.
Like I mentioned earlier, crabby.

« Reply #682 on: November 22, 2017, 05:17:42 AM »

Is this all you have?

No, it's not any of 'what I have', let alone all of it.

I'm not debating with you, so I'm unsure why you replied as if I am.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #683 on: November 22, 2017, 05:23:38 AM »

Is this all you have?

No, it's not any of 'what I have', let alone all of it.

I'm not debating with you, so I'm unsure why you replied as if I am.
Yeah I saw that you weren't debating with me.
I saw that you are trying to hone your ridicule skills.

I suppose you want me to update you on how your training in ridicule is coming on?

Ok, up to now, it's an (F) from me.
I trust you can upgrade that, right?

« Reply #684 on: November 22, 2017, 06:09:22 AM »

Name me two objects with the same volume but different mass in my denpressure theory.

Would a litre of water and a litre of mercury have the same mass in denpressure theory?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #685 on: November 22, 2017, 06:38:30 AM »

Would a litre of water and a litre of mercury have the same mass in denpressure theory?
What is mass?

« Reply #686 on: November 22, 2017, 06:48:17 AM »

What is mass?

I assumed you knew since you used the term in the post above. It's whatever you meant by it there.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #687 on: November 22, 2017, 06:56:50 AM »

What is mass?

I assumed you knew since you used the term in the post above. It's whatever you meant by it there.
To me mass is a visual external view of an object.

Just like a litre of milk and a litre of water in the same bottle will... by eye, have the same mass.
The water and mercury will appear the same.

The density of that mass is a different matter and also what internally makes up that mass.

« Reply #688 on: November 22, 2017, 07:10:52 AM »

What is mass?

To me mass is a visual external view of an object.

Just like a litre of milk and a litre of water in the same bottle will... by eye, have the same mass.
The water and mercury will appear the same.

The density of that mass is a different matter and also what internally makes up that mass.
This is my favorite part of Scepti's idea. That he's come up with completely different definitions for all the words, so he can pretend to talk about something and be talking about something completely different than what everyone assumes he's talking about.

Hold on now though. Because those two have the same volume. Now you're saying they have the same mass too? Because mass=volume by this definition. Or do you define volume differently? What's the density of the two liters of liquid?

« Reply #689 on: November 22, 2017, 07:42:40 AM »

Like I mentioned earlier, crabby.
You mention quite a lot of stuff earlier - what are you referring to?