Auguste Piccard

• 71 Replies
Re: Auguste Piccard
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 06:44:54 PM »
True repeatedly verifiable scientific proof on what causes " Day light "

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False.

Hey fella. Im happy to see, that not everyone one on this site, are completely conditioned by their education system. Im finding it very annoying, trying to break this enslavement, only to find out how many people just have walls up....its like they wanna be slaves, its like they're happy slaves. Maybe slaves isn't the best term, but it truly is like people will choose to be ignorant, knowing they have abandoned critical thinking, in-order to pursue something else...idk like lust, maybe. who knows? Anywho thanks buddy, this is a dope video.

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 07:08:48 PM »
True repeatedly verifiable scientific proof on what causes " Day light "

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:14:21 PM by ItsRoundIPromise »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 07:38:20 PM »
[youtube][/youtube]

Hey fella. Im happy to see, that not everyone one on this site, are completely conditioned by their education system. Im finding it very annoying, trying to break this enslavement, only to find out how many people just have walls up....its like they wanna be slaves, its like they're happy slaves. Maybe slaves isn't the best term, but it truly is like people will choose to be ignorant, knowing they have abandoned critical thinking, in-order to pursue something else...idk like lust, maybe. who knows? Anywho thanks buddy, this is a dope video.
Yes, that certainly is a dopey video.
Anyone who thinks our daylight comes from fluorescing noble gasses is more dopey than
So what about you explaining the little things that are so easy to see with your own eyes, like sunsets:

Sun near setting at Weipa

Sunset at Weipa

Sun almost gone
If I'm indoctinated,
you explain those sunset on a flat earth with the sun supposedly always 3000 miles above the earth without referring to your source of indoctrination.
I'm so simple minded that if I see the sun appearing to be hidden behind the horizon, I believe that the sun is really being hidden behind the horizon.
 :D Beat that for simple Zetetic Science?  :D
I have never seen any convincing flat earth explanation, only gobbledegook about atmoplanic lensing and massive upside down refraction, what a laugh!

And you have the temerity to claim that we are indoctrinated!

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 09:53:18 PM »
[youtube][/youtube]

Yes, that certainly is a dopey video.
Anyone who thinks our daylight comes from fluorescing noble gasses is more dopey than
So what about you explaining the little things that are so easy to see with your own eyes, like sunsets:

Sunset at Weipa

Sun almost gone
If I'm indoctinated,
you explain those sunset on a flat earth with the sun supposedly always 3000 miles above the earth without referring to your source of indoctrination.
I'm so simple minded that if I see the sun appearing to be hidden behind the horizon, I believe that the sun is really being hidden behind the horizon.
I have never seen any convincing flat earth explanation, only gobbledegook about atmoplanic lensing and massive upside down refraction, what a laugh!

yea buddy, some people will never see that the left photo shows an elongated reflection of the of the sun, a reflection only possible from light bouncing off of a truly flat surface. some people will never see how the dispersing of sun-rays would never appear from a sun 93 million miles away, as shown in the middle photo, some people will see the left photo, A beautiful capture of our Horizontal horizon, and honestly think they are looking at a curve. those people will not be listening to anything that may possibly contradict their paradigm, those people are indoctrinated. indoctrinated into a system that does not care for them, that teaches them to not care for one-an-other. a system that references, 'you are too small' to explain a big question, and your spinning on a rock to explain reality. a system that needs to be re-examined. putting aside our ego's, and exploring ideas that dont currently follow mainstream belief, maybe even contradict them, is a great way to start on the path of re-examining our ideas, ourselves, and even the whole damn system. but while many people like me try and explore such ideas, we are faced with just so many people who are ready to hate and hurt each other. read every comment on this thread and you will see rude, angry, offensive statements.....in a conversation about colors.

PS. Do you see, how in the zoomed photo in the middle, you can see land; but in the un-zoomed photo, on either end, you cant see any land. Can a Zoom function on a camera bring land back into view, if that land is beyond the horizon? i think not
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:21:09 PM by Behemoth the Dinosaur »

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 10:05:07 PM »
third paragragh

Gumwars thank you for correcting me here, I have gone back to the original references (found in an earlier comment of mine) and you are correct from 23 miles I mis-wrote this to 23,000 miles. The error was in fact on my part and so I have edited my original post to not have that typo.

fifth paragraph

I make note to the fact that today's average airlines never see's 10 miles high, I stand by what I said,

Average commercial airlines fly domestically between 36,000 (a little over 6 miles up) and 39,000 feet.......less than 10 miles
Most large passenger aircraft are moving towards higher cruising altitudes to save fuel and increase range.......less than 10 miles
The Boeing 777 cruises at 43,000 (7.4 miles).......less than 10 miles
Military aircraft regularly fly above 50,000 (engine check rides go up to 95,000).......not an average airline
Private aircraft like the Citation Mustang cruise at 50,000 feet as well.......not an average airline

However the height of average airlines was not really the point in any of this. And I don't doubt that airlines are capable of travailing to 10miles plus, I'm sure they are (I don't know) the reason I said this, was simply to put into perspective, that he got higher than today's average flights go, way back in the 1930's.

Eighth paragraph
I say the stars act as a Torus (a surface of revolution generated by revolving a circle in three-dimensional space about an axis coplanar with the circle) just like the Tesla coil. Which is a wild conclusion to come to based of this article. I did not come to that conclusion, however, based of this article. The idea that the stars create energy in its motion, and comparing the stars motion to a Tesla coil is an ongoing explanation of what the stars are there for, that many real FErs have been looking into for years.

As per southern constellations, I've only ever lived and seen the northern hemisphere and so I don't know what in-discrepancies the south has with their constellations. You say, "The location of nearly all the southern constellations stop making sense and become even more bizarre the further south you go." I will need you to explain this further. Bizarre how? What does not make sense?

lastly you say, "impossible to surmount given what is observable and proven."
When I look up I observe blue air, when Piccard went up he found blue air. What exactly are you observing, that would make saying the atmosphere is blue impossible?

In an airplane, 6-7miles high, I see a flat plane. When Piccard went 10miles up he saw a flat plane with an upturned edge. What exactly are you observing that would make saying, the plane looks like a plane, impossible?
My point about aviation is that the average altitude for commercial and civilian flights are getting higher.  I agree with your observation but felt it necessary to point out that many aircraft regularly hit the 10-mile mark.  To reiterate, I agree that your statement is correct.

The problem with the southern constellations, Crux and the star Sigma Octanis in particular, is that their locations are indeterminate with a flat earth model.  As Antarctica is a ring, and Sigma Octanis in the RE model is located a few degrees off of the geographic south pole, where is this star in relation to a ring-shaped Antarctica?  If you pick an arbitrary location you'll find that it won't reconcile with it's known location relative to other positions on the map.  Additionally, Polaris would be visible anywhere on an FE map, but we know that to not be the case as it gets closer to the horizon as you approach the equator and eventually is obscured by the planet the further south you go. 

Looking closer at this particular problem, it seems FE was conceived by people that live in the northern hemisphere as it completely ignores what happens to the observable sky once you go south of the equator.

For me, this is the deathstroke.  I have yet to see a flat earth hypothesis that explains, without breaking other things, where Sigma Octanis is in relation to a ring-shaped Antarctica or why Polaris isn't visible to everyone on the planet.  The only explanation that fits, and fits without error, is that the world is a globe.

Hey there Gumwar, I found this video that weather it is true or not, i think, is a pretty cool project this guy put together. It seems to rectify the southern hemisphere issue but i dunno, what do you think?

?

zork

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2017, 12:29:39 AM »
but while many people like me try and explore such ideas
How exactly you are exploring these ideas? Twiddling with your thumbs, looking at the ceiling and fantasizing? Can you kindly explore the fact that when the sun touches the horizon, a little lower than on first photo, then sunlight moves parallel with the ground. And then go figure out how can this happen on flat earth.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2017, 01:57:18 AM »
.. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . .

Sunset at Weipa

Sun almost gone
If I'm indoctinated,

yea buddy, some people will never see that the left photo shows an elongated reflection of the of the sun, a reflection only possible from light bouncing off of a truly flat surface.
You do "make up" a good story.
But there is no way your 5000 km high sun can ever appear that close to the horizon, let alone disappear be find it.
Don't try "perspective", that won't work. Your sun is about 50 km in diameter and it looks the same size at the horizon.
The sun's height of about 5000 km while the distance it would be away at sunset would have it still roughly 18° above the horizon.
So without some magic your sun can never even get near the horizon.

But about those photos.
They were taken by me from the beach, no more than 2 m above sea level,  The horizon would be just over 5 km away and 4 m below eye-level.
That puts the horizon  0.045° below eye-level and the sea would have a bulge of only 0.5 m over 5 km!
Just how :D flat do you want your "truly flat surface" :D ? The reflection is clearly from the little ripples in the almost perfectly flat sea.

Quote from: Behemoth
some people will never see how the dispersing of sun-rays would never appear from a sun 93 million miles away,
Totally incorrect for reasons given below.

as shown in the middle photo, some people will see the left photo, A beautiful capture of our Horizontal horizon,
Thanks for the "beautiful capture of our Horizontal horizon" because
a perfectly flat horizontal horizon is exactly what should be seen on the horizon of the Globe.
Think what you are looking at is a circle 5 km away and only 0.045° below eye-level, so it should look so close to flat and horizontal that no-one could tell the difference.

So, try a new excuse!

and honestly think they are looking at a curve.
Maybe some do, I wouldn't know, but from a low altitude, even from a few thousand metres, the horizon on the Globe should look flat. 

those people will not be listening to anything that may possibly contradict their paradigm, those people are indoctrinated. indoctrinated into a system that does not care for them, that teaches them to not care for one-an-other. a system that references, 'you are too small' to explain a big question, and your spinning on a rock to explain reality. a system that needs to be re-examined. putting aside our ego's, and exploring ideas that dont currently follow mainstream belief, maybe even contradict them, is a great way to start on the path of re-examining our ideas, ourselves, and even the whole damn system. but while many people like me try and explore such ideas, we are faced with just so many people who are ready to hate and hurt each other. read every comment on this thread and you will see rude, angry, offensive statements.....in a conversation about colors.
Stop the irrelevant rubbish about indoctrination and overblown egos. Appealing to excuses.like that seems to indicate that you've run out of real evidence.

PS. Do you see, how in the zoomed photo in the middle, you can see land; but in the un-zoomed photo, on either end, you cant see any land. Can a Zoom function on a camera bring land back into view, if that land is beyond the horizon? i think not
No I do not see any land, because there is no land! Remember that I took those photos from Weipa on Cape  York, North Queensland.
There is no land that you could possibly see even on a flat earrh.

So, I still cannot see any convincing explanation of sunrises and sunsets on a flat earth. Here try another one, this time from an exposed beach at Barnhill in Western Australia, no land to be found West of there till you bump into Africa!

Sunset at Barnhill
That one is from about 3 m above sea-level, so the horizon is about 6.2 km away and only about  0.06° below eye-level.
Try your flat earth magic on that.

As I said before
"If I see the sun appearing to be hidden behind the horizon, I believe that the sun is really being hidden behind the horizon."
And I don't need any of your excuses and fancy explanations, the Globe explanations are so simple.

?

zork

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2017, 03:52:08 AM »
No I do not see any land, because there is no land! Remember that I took those photos from Weipa on Cape  York, North Queensland.
There is no land that you could possibly see even on a flat earrh.
I guess he thinks that the jagged horizon line on the middle photo is land.
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 09:22:17 AM »
third paragragh

Gumwars thank you for correcting me here, I have gone back to the original references (found in an earlier comment of mine) and you are correct from 23 miles I mis-wrote this to 23,000 miles. The error was in fact on my part and so I have edited my original post to not have that typo.

fifth paragraph

I make note to the fact that today's average airlines never see's 10 miles high, I stand by what I said,

Average commercial airlines fly domestically between 36,000 (a little over 6 miles up) and 39,000 feet.......less than 10 miles
Most large passenger aircraft are moving towards higher cruising altitudes to save fuel and increase range.......less than 10 miles
Military aircraft regularly fly above 50,000 (engine check rides go up to 95,000).......not an average airline
Private aircraft like the Citation Mustang cruise at 50,000 feet as well.......not an average airline

However the height of average airlines was not really the point in any of this. And I don't doubt that airlines are capable of travailing to 10miles plus, I'm sure they are (I don't know) the reason I said this, was simply to put into perspective, that he got higher than today's average flights go, way back in the 1930's.

Eighth paragraph
I say the stars act as a Torus (a surface of revolution generated by revolving a circle in three-dimensional space about an axis coplanar with the circle) just like the Tesla coil. Which is a wild conclusion to come to based of this article. I did not come to that conclusion, however, based of this article. The idea that the stars create energy in its motion, and comparing the stars motion to a Tesla coil is an ongoing explanation of what the stars are there for, that many real FErs have been looking into for years.

As per southern constellations, I've only ever lived and seen the northern hemisphere and so I don't know what in-discrepancies the south has with their constellations. You say, "The location of nearly all the southern constellations stop making sense and become even more bizarre the further south you go." I will need you to explain this further. Bizarre how? What does not make sense?

When I look up I observe blue air, when Piccard went up he found blue air. What exactly are you observing, that would make saying the atmosphere is blue impossible?

In an airplane, 6-7miles high, I see a flat plane. When Piccard went 10miles up he saw a flat plane with an upturned edge. What exactly are you observing that would make saying, the plane looks like a plane, impossible?
My point about aviation is that the average altitude for commercial and civilian flights are getting higher.  I agree with your observation but felt it necessary to point out that many aircraft regularly hit the 10-mile mark.  To reiterate, I agree that your statement is correct.

The problem with the southern constellations, Crux and the star Sigma Octanis in particular, is that their locations are indeterminate with a flat earth model.  As Antarctica is a ring, and Sigma Octanis in the RE model is located a few degrees off of the geographic south pole, where is this star in relation to a ring-shaped Antarctica?  If you pick an arbitrary location you'll find that it won't reconcile with it's known location relative to other positions on the map.  Additionally, Polaris would be visible anywhere on an FE map, but we know that to not be the case as it gets closer to the horizon as you approach the equator and eventually is obscured by the planet the further south you go. 

Looking closer at this particular problem, it seems FE was conceived by people that live in the northern hemisphere as it completely ignores what happens to the observable sky once you go south of the equator.

For me, this is the deathstroke.  I have yet to see a flat earth hypothesis that explains, without breaking other things, where Sigma Octanis is in relation to a ring-shaped Antarctica or why Polaris isn't visible to everyone on the planet.  The only explanation that fits, and fits without error, is that the world is a globe.

Hey there Gumwar, I found this video that weather it is true or not, i think, is a pretty cool project this guy put together. It seems to rectify the southern hemisphere issue but i dunno, what do you think?

It seems to rectify the issue if you don't question why the "double reflection" he talks about only applies to the stars and not the Sun or the Moon, if you accept that the stars will spin around over your head without ever rising or setting (despite observations to the contrary), and if you didn't notice he was playing games with the orientation of his camera (right-side up, upside down, and sideways at different times).

But other than those gaping holes he pretty much nailed it.

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 01:46:12 PM »
third paragragh

fifth paragraph

Eighth paragraph

At the 2:25 mark you run into the first of two significant problems with this model; the first is that Polaris is well above the apparent horizon while standing at the equator.  In reality, it looks like this:

So, while the model creates a projection of the southern constellations it doesn't address the issue of Polaris and its visibility in the southern hemisphere.  The second issue still surrounds Sigma Octanis.  My contention was not that the FE model says Sigma Octanis doesn't exist, its that it cannot tell me where it is.  According to this model, Sigma Octanis would be rotating around the ring-shaped Antarctica, which is just as arbitrary as picking a location.  That would mean that it isn't a near stationary star turning a very small circle in the southern sky, but it would follow a long arc that would have it continually changing position through the night sky.  It's azimuth would be perpetually shifting and while it would be in the correct position for one viewer, it would be in the totally wrong position for nearly everyone else viewing it.  Literally, one person would find it where it should be and another would look due NORTH to find it. 

He put some effort into this but still does not address the fundamental issue facing the southern constellations and an FE model.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 05:21:05 PM »
Just to visualise and reference where these alleged stars and constellations are

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 08:53:26 PM »
How exactly you are exploring these ideas? Twiddling with your thumbs, looking at the ceiling and fantasizing? Can you kindly explore the fact that when the sun touches the horizon, a little lower than on first photo, then sunlight moves parallel with the ground. And then go figure out how can this happen on flat earth.

I explore these ideas in many ways. For many years now, I've been under the impression that the sun does not account for all the light we get. At night time we have sufficient light. It does not seem like a rock, said to be 240,000 miles away, said to be a quarter the size of the planet being shined upon, could reflect sufficient light. I know that the current scientific rationale is that the sun is so large and powerful and lifegiving, one can argue it can produce enough light that it gives us Moonlight too, but want to explore the idea that the moon creates its own light, after all rocks aren't very reflective. Researching Aguste Piccards work is only one way I have explored this.

Another way I have explored this, I figured if the moon is reflecting the suns light; both should be the same 'type' of light because they come from the same source, thus should have same or similar properties. I took two of the same sized, glasses of water and put one simple dollar store thermometer in each. By placing one glass under a patch of shadow, the other in light. I did temperature readings. The sun obviously heats the water and the shaded glass is the cooler of the two. Having not moved the glasses, and timing this when the moon was approximately in the same area of the sky, as the sun was, I did temperature readings again. My results (repeated by many others and verified). The moons light cools the water and the shaded becomes the warmer of the two.

This does not make rational sense. If the only difference between sunlight and moonlight is that with moonlight, the sunlight travels past the earth, hits the moon, bounces off of the moon, and then earth gets it. You would not expect that when the sun's light reflects of the moon, it would become a cold beam of light. This is not the only example of differences with the moons light and the suns light. If you like burning wood, you will notice that the moons light engulfs the flames, and makes them bigger; the sunlight seems to do the opposite, makes your fires duller and flames not as long.

I took another angle with exploring these ideas by re-reading the Bible. I constantly find scientific alternatives that much more rationally explain things that science has gotten wrong. The fossils of the earth, the seashells found on mountain tops, the layers in which rocks are separated, all that science tells you millions of years are evident. Could be all rationally explained by the story of the biblical flood. Science tells you dinosaurs died, science doesn't know what Lochness Monster is, what Mokele Mbembe is, science can tell you that a dragon is just make believe, but can't tell you why actual historical figures wrote about encounters with them, such as Beowulf. But if the writers of the Old Testament spoke about dinosaurs. Long before fossils were dugg up, and known about, then maybe dinosaurs lived among us, maybe they still do. Maybe Lochness, Mokele, and all the Dragons we’ve all heard about are simply dinosaurs...Behemoth was a Dinosaur. So no I don't just twiddle my thumbs, thinking that sunlight is separate from daylight, I'm reading the first chapter of Genesis tryna figure this one out.

You see I like to test my opinions, I mounted a poll to my wall outside that, when looking through it, you will always see Polaris. Whether it is March 21st, or if it's December 21st (not globally possible). Personally, I have stood across Lake Ontario and seen the Toronto skyline. It makes no difference if you can see the bottoms of the buildings or not, because the way I tested whether the Earth was curving away from me at such a great distance, is by using a string and a weight. I used this as a level to see a true lateral line. What i saw was the Toronto skyline, had the exact same ups and downs as my level was indicating i had. Anybody who thinks this would be impossible to tell from my distance must take into consideration, that the CN Tower (designed like a circular disk, set upon a pillar) would be a very strange and odd thing to see leaning away from you.

Anyways, I most kindly can explore the fact that when the sun touches the horizon, it appears to curve up to it, than directly into the ground. This can be figured out on the flat earth, by looking at the path of the sun. The sun makes a Circle. A circle can be broken into four motions; left-up, up-right, right-down, down-left. If you draw a circle, your pen will go from a downward left curve into an upward right curve. This is what is happening in the photo. That moment in which the sun set directly goes downward, is the moment in which the sun would appear to get further and change direction from our viewpoint, we don't see it change direction because at that point it has gone so far, it is past our field of vision. If you think you are looking at the sun going below the horizon then you must expect to see this at the beach.

?

zork

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2017, 12:57:15 AM »
Another way I have explored this, I figured if the moon is reflecting the suns light; both should be the same 'type' of light because they come from the same source, thus should have same or similar properties. I took two of the same sized, glasses of water and put one simple dollar store thermometer in each. By placing one glass under a patch of shadow, the other in light. I did temperature readings. The sun obviously heats the water and the shaded glass is the cooler of the two. Having not moved the glasses, and timing this when the moon was approximately in the same area of the sky, as the sun was, I did temperature readings again. My results (repeated by many others and verified). The moons light cools the water and the shaded becomes the warmer of the two.
Do you know what is spectrum of light? If you want to know if light comes from same source then you build DIY spectrometer and look at the light spectrum. Like here http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~zhuxj/astro/html/spectrometer.html
And moon light does not cool the water. The water cools same whether the moon is up or not. If you use two glasses and shade one then you just don't let them cool evenly. One is exposed to open and cold sky, other one is shaded from it and shade reflects even some of the dissipating heat back to it.

Anyways, I most kindly can explore the fact that when the sun touches the horizon, it appears to curve up to it, than directly into the ground. This can be figured out on the flat earth, by looking at the path of the sun. The sun makes a Circle. A circle can be broken into four motions; left-up, up-right, right-down, down-left. If you draw a circle, your pen will go from a downward left curve into an upward right curve. This is what is happening in the photo. That moment in which the sun set directly goes downward, is the moment in which the sun would appear to get further and change direction from our viewpoint, we don't see it change direction because at that point it has gone so far, it is past our field of vision.

I don't comprehend the sentence "it appears to curve up to it, than directly into the ground". When the sun touches the horizon line then it touches the horizon line and starts going behind it. It does not curve up. And all this does not answer the question I asked before. How can you explain the observable fact that the light from the sun is parallel with the ground when the sun is at horizon line.
-

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2017, 05:53:28 AM »

For many years now, I've been under the impression that the sun does not account for all the light we get. At night time we have sufficient light. It does not seem like a rock, said to be 240,000 miles away, said to be a quarter the size of the planet being shined upon, could reflect sufficient light.
Why are you under the impression the Sun doesn't account for all the light we get?  What evidence do you have for this impression?  At night time we have sufficient light?  Sufficient for what?  What quantity of light would be insufficient?  On what basis do you support the idea that the Moon couldn't reflect "sufficient" light?

Nothing here is any more than rampant speculation without anything at all to support it.  Your impressions and assumptions don't constitute something that is relevant to anyone but you.

What was the temperature of the water when you began?  How many times did you record the temperatures?  How frequently?  Were the glasses inside or outside? What was the air temperature around the glasses? How frequently did you check the ambient air temperature?  What did you do to control all of the other possible variables that could potentially be responsible for your result?  How many times did you repeat this experiment?

Additionally, with so many others repeating and verifying, could you give me several examples of who they are, their methods, and their results so I could look to see for myself if you all performed the same experiment and if the results are, in fact, consistent?

If you like burning wood, you will notice that the moons light engulfs the flames, and makes them bigger; the sunlight seems to do the opposite, makes your fires duller and flames not as long.
Did you record any of these apparent discrepancies in any way?  How much bigger did the flames get in moonlight?  How much duller in sunlight?  How much more quickly did the fire burn out in sunlight?  Did you use a consistent amount of wood in each fire?  How many times did you repeat this experiment?  Have you speculated on why cold light would make a fire burn longer and larger than warm light?

I took another angle with exploring these ideas by re-reading the Bible. I constantly find scientific alternatives that much more rationally explain things that science has gotten wrong. The fossils of the earth, the seashells found on mountain tops, the layers in which rocks are separated, all that science tells you millions of years are evident. Could be all rationally explained by the story of the biblical flood.
The Bible, or any other holy text for that matter, is far superior to any other writing for matters involving spirituality and faith.  There are no "scientific alternatives" however, because there is no science. 

Saying that your anecdotes "could be all rationally explained" is not the same as using actual evidence to prove that the flood is a better explanation than the current paradigm.

You see I like to test my opinions, I mounted a poll to my wall outside that, when looking through it, you will always see Polaris. Whether it is March 21st, or if it's December 21st (not globally possible).
Given that Polaris is the pole star and has almost no apparent movement from the perspective of an observer on a spinning Earth, why do you claim this isn't "globally possible".  Also, how long is the pole?  How big is the aperture?  How is it mounted?  Can it be moved by wind, or accidental contact? 

Personally, I have stood across Lake Ontario and seen the Toronto skyline. It makes no difference if you can see the bottoms of the buildings or not, because the way I tested whether the Earth was curving away from me at such a great distance, is by using a string and a weight. I used this as a level to see a true lateral line. What i saw was the Toronto skyline, had the exact same ups and downs as my level was indicating i had. Anybody who thinks this would be impossible to tell from my distance must take into consideration, that the CN Tower (designed like a circular disk, set upon a pillar) would be a very strange and odd thing to see leaning away from you.
Your string and weight method from across Lake Ontario is not clear.  How does a string and weight on your side of lake have anything whatsoever to do with a "true lateral line" stretching all the way to Toronto? 

Your final statement also indicates that you don't have a real understanding of the size of the Earth.  Expecting to be able to visually identify the angle of a tall building over a few dozen miles is extraordinarily naive. 

I hope this picture is a joke, because with a horizon distance of nearly 5 km, this plane would have to be at least a couple km in length.  Are you aware of any aircraft that are that big?  Again, I hope you were just kidding with this, but I am unfortunately afraid that you weren't...

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »
Hello?  Anyone here?  I asked a number of questions.  Surely 5 days is enough to have gathered answers to at least a few of them...

Bueller...

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »
It wouldn't be globally possible to observe polaris from the equator with time laspe photography and for it to appear stationary.

This observation is only possible if the stars rotate around the earth it would not be possible if the earth was rotating.

If the earth was rotating the only place polaris would be stationary would be at the alleged north pole .

?

frenat

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2017, 01:27:18 PM »
It wouldn't be globally possible to observe polaris from the equator with time laspe photography and for it to appear stationary.

This observation is only possible if the stars rotate around the earth it would not be possible if the earth was rotating.

If the earth was rotating the only place polaris would be stationary would be at the alleged north pole .

Unless the stars are far more distant than you are assuming so the parallax is minimal.  And they are.

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2017, 02:14:31 PM »

Polaris is not stationary when viewed from the equator, the north pole, or anywhere between. Since it's (currently) 39.65 arc minutes (about 0.66°) from the celestial pole, it traces a circle in the sky about 1.3° in diameter each day; this can be seen in long-exposure photos taken from anywhere in the northern hemisphere.

Like this one:

Polaris is the small bright arc framed within the Delicate Arch in this interesting composition from Arches National Park in Utah.

As already noted, the only difference between rotating stars and a stationary earth, and a rotating earth and stationary stars would be parallax due to the 8,000-mile baseline of earth's diameter, and that's waaaaay too small to be observed. Parallax due to the 180 million mile baseline of earth's orbit amounts to less than 10 thousandths of an arc second (0.000002°), and you're talking about a factor more than twenty thousand times smaller than that.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2017, 03:41:21 PM »
As already noted, the only difference between rotating stars and a stationary earth, and a rotating earth and stationary stars would be parallax due to the 8,000-mile baseline of earth's diameter, and that's waaaaay too small to be observed. Parallax due to the 180 million mile baseline of earth's orbit amounts to less than 10 thousandths of an arc second (0.000002°), and you're talking about a factor more than twenty thousand times smaller than that.
As I understand it, parallax measurements need to be done at 6 month intervals when the earth is at opposite sides of its orbit around the sun.  Even then the angles are so small that measurements are only accurate for stars less than 100 parsecs away.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2017, 03:43:55 PM »

Polaris is not stationary when viewed from the equator, the north pole, or anywhere between. Since it's (currently) 39.65 arc minutes (about 0.66°) from the celestial pole, it traces a circle in the sky about 1.3° in diameter each day; this can be seen in long-exposure photos taken from anywhere in the northern hemisphere.

Like this one:

Polaris is the small bright arc framed within the Delicate Arch in this interesting composition from Arches National Park in Utah.

I do not find your explanation acceptable.

The image you provided contradicts this image taken from the equator :

As we can all see from the image provided polaris is stationary from the equator.

This is only possible on a flat and stationary Earth.

One interesting point I have to mention is that the distance to polaris can be detrmined by using the parallax.

For example polaris is at 90 degrees from the north pole and my guesstimation from the image provided is that polaris appears to be about 15  degrees above the horizon at the equator.

Obviously the problem arises that I do not know the true distance from the alleged north pole to the alleged  equator.

So one can only use the distances provided by your heliocentric brethren that have been provided for your imaginary Globe.

That said the distance I used for simplicity was 6000 miles.

So one can draw a line on a piece of paper at 60 mm and then draw another line at 90 degrees at the edge of the 60mm line and then draw another line at the other end of the 60mm line at 15 degrees .

Where the two lines intersect above the 60mm line will determine the distance of the said object.

That said it is impossible for polaris to be 2511000000000000 miles away from earth with the angles observed and verified. ( I apologise if my maths is out I'm currently enjoying my secon bottle of my favourate porteguese red )

I discovered this method from observing that the great Samuel Rowbotham's debating name was parallax.

He left this as his legacy to us modern flat earthers for he knew what was to come.

I will go into much greater detail on this in another one of my threads.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:57:46 PM by Resistance.is.Futile »

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2017, 05:46:59 PM »

Like this one:

As we can all see from the image provided polaris is stationary from the equator.

Your image and his can't be compared there. The one you posted is a significantly shorter exposure time, look at the difference in star trail lengths. No wonder you can't see Polaris moving in yours, it's not even enough for 15 degrees of rotation.

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »

Like this one:

Your image and his can't be compared there. The one you posted is a significantly shorter exposure time, look at the difference in star trail lengths. No wonder you can't see Polaris moving in yours, it's not even enough for 15 degrees of rotation.

Whether the images can be compared or not is irrelevant.

The image I provided shows polaris to be stationary ;  this is only possible on a flat and stationary Earth.

The distances involved in your heliocentric model have been proven to be false using parallax.

The parallax observed and verified is an undeniable fact.

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2017, 06:24:28 PM »
Except when YOU are comparing them, and then how well they compare is very relevant.  Use your head!

The image I provided shows polaris to be stationary ;  this is only possible on a flat and stationary Earth.
Your premise is false.  Outside of a small wobble, Polaris would appear stationary if it were directly above the axis of rotation for a spinning, spherical Earth.  It's not, so there is a small amount of movement seen over time, as the first photo clearly shows.  Besides, your photo doesn't show Polaris as stationary, it has just moved less because of the shorter exposure time.   

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2017, 07:03:43 PM »
Partly true as Polaris is not quite on the North Celestial Pole. Its Declination is +89° 15′ 51″, not quite the +90° needed.
But, whether you like it or not, the facts are that Polaris makes tiny circles (about 0.74° in radius) wherever it can be seen.

Also, Polaris cannot usually be seen from the equator, it's too low on the horizon. Take a look at these real photos on the real earth:
Northern view.
The Northern pole is the center of the circles made by the stars
due to the Earth rotation and is located on the horizon.

Western view.
On the Equator line, the stars set vertically to the West
(and rise vertically to the East)

Southern view,
Southern pole is the center of the circles made by the stars
due to the Earth rotation and is located on the horizon.
A bright meteor left its "footprint" on the picture near the Southern pole.
All from Star Trail from the Equator (Ecuador). "From Southern Pole to Northern Pole", © Stéphane Guisard, Los Cielos de América

Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile

If the earth was rotating the only place polaris would be stationary would be at the alleged north pole.
Totally incorrect! You are mixing up your Silly Pizza Planet with the the true Heliocentric Globe.

Look, Mr Deception.is.Futile,
if you are going to criticise the Globe, you must use the proper Heliocentric Globe model - anything else is deceptive and we are sick of your deception!
So, Polaris is so far away that wherever you are on the Globe, Polaris is almost (within 0.74°) due North.

;D ;D But don't you believe in the North Pole now? with your "alleged north pole";D ;D

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2017, 07:17:12 PM »

Like this one:

Do they contradict each other or not? When you make up your mind, please let us know.

The image I provided shows polaris to be stationary

How can you tell? That image is small and the exposure is short, so it's less obvious, but Polaris is still showing a trail.

Here's the relevant part of your image:

Fortunately, such images are common enough and easy enough to produce that it isn't hard to show conclusively that you're wrong.

The distances involved in your heliocentric model have been proven to be false using parallax.

Proven? Where?

The parallax observed and verified is an undeniable fact.

Observed and verified when?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2017, 08:01:40 PM »
I could not care less what you might "not find. . . .  acceptable"

Sure does "contradicts this image"! Your photo is NOT taken from the equator, just as the one taken in Utah is not taken from the equator.

Of course it's stationary it is a still photo. In case you had not heard still photos are always stationary.

Totally incorrect, as has been explained before!

One interesting point I have to mention is that the distance to polaris can be detrmined by using the parallax.
You have only just learned that. What on earth do think you are doing discussion astronomy if you are not familiar with parallax?

For example polaris is at 90 degrees from the north pole and my guesstimation from the image provided is that polaris appears to be about 15  degrees above the horizon at the equator.

Obviously the problem arises that I do not know the true distance from the alleged north pole to the alleged  equator.

So one can only use the distances provided by your heliocentric brethren that have been provided for your imaginary Globe.
Sorry to disappoint you, but the stellar parallax of Polaris is far too small to measure over a distance of only 6000 miles.
Please learn a bit more about what Stellar Parallax is before you make a bigger fool of yourself!
Stellar Parallax
A nearby star's apparent movement against the background of more distant stars as the Earth revolves around the Sun is referred to as stellar parallax.

Read all about it in: HyperPhysics, Stellar Parallax
And for your information, the stellar parallax of Polaris is too small to measure with any accuracy on any earth based telescope.
So all the rest of your "wonderful post" is a total heap of useless rubbish!

So one can draw a line on a piece of paper at 60 mm and then draw another line at 90 degrees at the edge of the 60mm line and then draw another line at the other end of the 60mm line at 15 degrees .

Totally untrue! The elevation of Polaris from the equation is near enough to 0° so try again!

Where the two lines intersect above the 60mm line will determine the distance of the said object.
That said it is impossible for polaris to be 2511000000000000 miles away from earth with the angles observed and verified. ( I apologise if my maths is out I'm currently enjoying my secon bottle of my favourate porteguese red )

Total utter rubbish! I think you drank too many bottles or your "favourate(sic) porteguese(sicker) red" before you put pen to paaer.

Besides, once again you are tying to deceive everybody by using flat earth arguments to disprove the Heliocentric Globe.

I discovered this method from observing that the great Samuel Rowbotham's debating name was parallax.
He left this as his legacy to us modern flat earthers for he knew what was to come.

So that's you trouble! Samuel Birley Rowbotham was certainly no astronomer and is confused about many things!
If that and YouTube is where your information comes from, it's no wonder yoou are totally ignorant on the Heliocentric Globe and Astronomy.

Are you really capable of making a bigger fool of yourself that you have already, wonders will never cease.

But Mr Resistance.is.Futile if you are going to argue against the Heliocentric Globe model, you MUST use the correct Heliocentric Globe model.
Anything less than that, as you have been doing, is deceptive and nothing more than a totally useless and meaningless straw-man argument.
But, you know all about that, it's all you ever do.

Bye, for now, Mr Deception.is.Futile.

PS In case you need to know the stellar parallax of Polaris is 7.54 ± 0.11 mas
     from which anyone could work out the distance as about 4.1015 km or about 433 light years - near enough!

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2017, 01:25:39 AM »
I could not care less what you might "not find. . . .  acceptable"

Sure does "contradicts this image"! Your photo is NOT taken from the equator, just as the one taken in Utah is not taken from the equator.

Of course it's stationary it is a still photo. In case you had not heard still photos are always stationary.

Totally incorrect, as has been explained before!

You have only just learned that. What on earth do think you are doing discussion astronomy if you are not familiar with parallax?

Sorry to disappoint you, but the stellar parallax of Polaris is far too small to measure over a distance of only 6000 miles.
Please learn a bit more about what Stellar Parallax is before you make a bigger fool of yourself!
Stellar Parallax
A nearby star's apparent movement against the background of more distant stars as the Earth revolves around the Sun is referred to as stellar parallax.

Read all about it in: HyperPhysics, Stellar Parallax
And for your information, the stellar parallax of Polaris is too small to measure with any accuracy on any earth based telescope.
So all the rest of your "wonderful post" is a total heap of useless rubbish!

Totally untrue! The elevation of Polaris from the equation is near enough to 0° so try again!

Total utter rubbish! I think you drank too many bottles or your "favourate(sic) porteguese(sicker) red" before you put pen to paaer.

Besides, once again you are tying to deceive everybody by using flat earth arguments to disprove the Heliocentric Globe.

So that's you trouble! Samuel Birley Rowbotham was certainly no astronomer and is confused about many things!
If that and YouTube is where your information comes from, it's no wonder yoou are totally ignorant on the Heliocentric Globe and Astronomy.

Are you really capable of making a bigger fool of yourself that you have already, wonders will never cease.

But Mr Resistance.is.Futile if you are going to argue against the Heliocentric Globe model, you MUST use the correct Heliocentric Globe model.
Anything less than that, as you have been doing, is deceptive and nothing more than a totally useless and meaningless straw-man argument.
But, you know all about that, it's all you ever do.

Bye, for now, Mr Deception.is.Futile.

PS In case you need to know the stellar parallax of Polaris is 7.54 ± 0.11 mas
     from which anyone could work out the distance as about 4.1015 km or about 433 light years - near enough!

The earth is flat and stationary so parallax can be used to determine the distance of polaris.

In my new thread I will entertain your ridiculous Heliocentric model by using the parallax of the Sun to determine the distance of the said object.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2017, 01:59:47 AM »

The earth is flat and stationary so parallax can be used to determine the distance of polaris.

This image that you, yourself (almost) posted proves that the earth is not "earth is flat and stationary":
That is certainly a rotating Globe, so stop trying to deceive with your silly claim that the "earth is flat and stationary ".

Your response is incorrect and insatisfactory and you cannot "determine the "unique" distance  of polaris" on your Fictitious Flat Earth using parallax.
You can try it if you like, but you'd far betta notta!

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2017, 07:23:43 AM »

In my new thread I will entertain your ridiculous Heliocentric model by using the parallax of the Sun to determine the distance of the said object.

Cool! Actual data and analysis, if you have any, would be a nice change. Let's see what you got!

Please post a link to this new thread when it's up.

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2019, 06:43:43 PM »
Quote from: Behemoth the Dinosaur link=topic=72054.msg1955935#msg1955935 date=1505693223When electricity is put through Argon gas it creates a blue photon that is unmistakably sky-blue ([b
this is how Neon lights work[/b]).

Neon produces red light

Hydrogen is the Nobel gas used for Red Neon light. Argon for blue.

I came here on a theory I have that the upper atmosphere is made up of Nobal gasses. The top layer being hydrogen as it being the lightest.
Hydrogen glows from red to purple and  blue, I think there is one more colour there. It's colour is dependent on the wave length of radiation that passes through it, which I am assuming has to do with the intensity of the sun passing through it.  All the colours that it changes are seen in the sky from sunrise to sunset. That being said it makes sence to me that the most upper atmosphere is hydrogen, it has been stated scientifically that it is mai ly hydrogen, but they have little info on the upper atmosphere. Hydrogen is made by electrolysis of water, which I think is a natural action. Of the earth having a North and south Pole and ocean.  The subsequent layers of atmosphere are made up of gasses by their weight. Hydrogen is the main component to water, removed from its oxygen particle, I'm thinking that waters above may have something to do with this.