This is all a bit absurd.

• 830 Replies
?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: This is all a bit absurd.
« Reply #600 on: October 13, 2017, 09:26:31 AM »
aren't you the same guy saying that gravity is... Air pressure?

I'm guessing between you and me.... there is a drastically different view of how the world works... Good luck navigating life

#Woke #NeverTooVegan
Yep, that's me and yes we do have a different world view. You have your rammed home, into the skull from a young age model and I chose to discard it for something a lot better.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #601 on: October 13, 2017, 09:27:27 AM »
Ignorant!

Not #WOKE, simply ignorant.

If you think nuclear power is fake, you are simply ignorant.

You, sceptimatic, are simple, and ignorant.
Your arguments are to the point and fantastic.
You nearly had me for a second but I managed to resist.  :P

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #602 on: October 13, 2017, 09:30:39 AM »
Ignorant!

You've been had by whoever is spooning you this incredible bullshit!

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #603 on: October 13, 2017, 09:33:37 AM »
Stick sailor engineer Jack on it and he's working on a?........ steam turbine that he thinks is the end product of nuclear.

Maybe more clearly stated "... steam turbine that he thinks has a nuclear reactor producing the steam." Yeah. And he'd be right!
He could very well be wrong as well.

Not in this case. Engineers on submarine crews need to be familiar with the major systems aboard (at least in the US Navy they do).
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #604 on: October 13, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »
Ignorant!

I was had when I was spoonfed all the early life crap to near 10 years ago.
I spent most of my life just accepting, so I'm well aware of how resistant you would be to ever thinking for yourself.

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #605 on: October 13, 2017, 09:37:03 AM »
aah... and yours is filled with Vast voids of... I don't know's and speculation...

I don't know how nuclear power works, so it must be some new alien technology....

It doesn't make sense to me that subs can stay underwater for as long as food supplies last.... So, I don't believe it can happen

Nuclear Power is too dangerous, they would never put it on a vessel that is almost the length of 2 football fields... or a Surface ship that launches Jets from it has no exhaust and can travel faster than any other ship... and.... has a small cities worth of people on it...

It doesn't make sense to me that Gravity works... So it must be... Air pressure keeping the man down.... (On a side note... please explain the accelerormeter in my smartphone that allows it to know which way is up... I'd love to know...)

The Earth Is Flat... believe me, I have NO Proof...

I understand the desire to be the voice of opposition... It's fun... It's boring to talk to people that agree with you all day... But You are really going for it Haaaaaaaaaard, and insulting me and my upbringing and telling me (or other) what I can and cannot say because it hurts your feelings and sensibilities (or argument)

Again... Good luck navigating life... I hope you are able to find a nice lady, a good job... maybe one day have a family... And I pray to the god that I don't believe in that if those things happen for you... that you don't mess up your kids (if you don't have any yet, and if you haven't messed them up already if you do)

And dude, seriously... be proud of your Veganism... be powerful!

Gentleman, I'm going to TRY and bail from this thread... Good luck with this Tree Stump...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:40:08 AM by RocketSauce »
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #606 on: October 13, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »

Not in this case. Engineers on submarine crews need to be familiar with the major systems aboard (at least in the US Navy they do).
I agree, but the major major system,  or what they deem is a, nuclear reactor can be the one thing that is clearly out of bounds until a so called disaster scenario is being played out, in which case I would hazard a guess that the words "abandon ship" would be pout into place, then in come the nuke pro's to render it all safe.

Ok boys and girls return to ship, the smart people have solved the issue.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #607 on: October 13, 2017, 09:53:40 AM »
aah... and yours is filled with Vast voids of... I don't know's and speculation...
Yeah, much like yours, except your pretence of knowing what it all is based on stories.

I don't know how nuclear power works, so it must be some new alien technology....
Not new, no. It could have been around for a long time in terms of a cheap way to move mechanical vehicles, etc.
Just a simple and abundant fuel hidden behind something that is told to us as being super poisonous but highly efficient and clean as long as we are kept in the dark.

It doesn't make sense to me that subs can stay underwater for as long as food supplies last.... So, I don't believe it can happen
I don't.
I believe they can stay submerged for  a decent length of time as long as they extend a breather pipe from the CONning tower.

Nuclear Power is too dangerous, they would never put it on a vessel that is almost the length of 2 football fields... or a Surface ship that launches Jets from it has no exhaust and can travel faster than any other ship... and.... has a small cities worth of people on it...

That's right. No person in their right mind would mess with such stuff never mind put it on sub or ship.

It doesn't make sense to me that Gravity works... So it must be... Air pressure keeping the man down.... (On a side note... please explain the accelerormeter in my smartphone that allows it to know which way is up... I'd love to know...)
No need to work yourself up over this.

The Earth Is Flat... believe me, I have NO Proof...
No need to work yourself up over this, either.

I understand the desire to be the voice of opposition... It's fun... It's boring to talk to people that agree with you all day... But You are really going for it Haaaaaaaaaard, and insulting me and my upbringing and telling me (or other) what I can and cannot say because it hurts your feelings and sensibilities (or argument)
Don't stay around and be insulted. Just blank out what I say.

Again... Good luck navigating life... I hope you are able to find a nice lady, a good job... maybe one day have a family... And I pray to the god that I don't believe in
that if those things happen for you... that you don't mess up your kids (if you don't have any yet, and if you haven't messed them up already if you do)
Praying to something you don't believe in?
This has been used so many times on me and each time it just makes me wish I had a £1 for each time it was said.

And dude, seriously... be proud of your Veganism... be powerful!
Dude? How old are you?

Gentleman, I'm going to TRY and bail from this thread... Good luck with this Tree Stump...
If you try hard enough maybe you can move on.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #608 on: October 13, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »
Nice speech but you still have no clue what nuclear power actually is, only what you're told it is, which is basically nothing short of magic.
Right, you live in a world full of magic because any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #609 on: October 13, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »

I'm guessing between you and me.... there is a drastically different view of how the world works... Good luck navigating life

#Woke #NeverTooVegan
Yep, that's me and yes we do have a different world view. You have your rammed home, into the skull from a young age model and I chose to discard it for something a lot better.

You can't possibly mean the utterly pathetic trainwreck that was Denspressure Theory, can you?
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

« Reply #610 on: October 13, 2017, 10:58:31 AM »
Ignorant!

but at least there are not many of this kind around, in this thread it looks like only one. because I am sure that Papa Legba and sceptimatic are one and the same person.
my evidence for that is:
as soon sceptimatic stop posting Papa Legba start posting the same stuff.
and as Papa Legba got shut down sceptimatic showed up again and continue exact the same way as Papa Legba.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #611 on: October 13, 2017, 11:00:38 AM »
Ignorant!

but at least there are not many of this kind around, in this thread it looks like only one. because I am sure that Papa Legba and sceptimatic are one and the same person.
my evidence for that is:
as soon sceptimatic stop posting Papa Legba start posting the same stuff.
and as Papa Legba got shut down sceptimatic showed up again and continue exact the same way as Papa Legba.

I think you're right...

They're both ignorant AND hostile!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #612 on: October 13, 2017, 11:02:36 AM »
Papa was a little bit more aggressive and yelled about the Ignore feature... I don't think Septictank has found that feature yet.
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

« Reply #613 on: October 13, 2017, 11:23:25 AM »
Papa was a little bit more aggressive and yelled about the Ignore feature... I don't think Septictank has found that feature yet.

that's a good point, but it could also on purpose to cover up that it is only on person.

we would have to set up an appointment with both to see who they are in reality.

would be interesting, I would like to know, if they only here in the forum talk that way or if they also do it in real life.

« Reply #614 on: October 13, 2017, 11:37:46 AM »
I agree, but the major major system, or what they deem is a, nuclear reactor can be the one thing that is clearly out of bounds until a so called disaster scenario is being played out, in which case I would hazard a guess that the words "abandon ship" would be pout into place, then in come the nuke pro's to render it all safe.

You finally say outright that you're guessing. Thanks!

A major problem with your scenario is that if it were a conventional, say, fuel-oil fired boiler, why go through the nuclear rigmarole? To "fool" people into thinking the subs are nuclear while trying to manage a massive cover-up? Why not train the crew how to deal with contingencies with the boiler? Just to keep up an act? That's ridiculous. Where's the win?

Where would they store all the fuel needed for months at sea? Where would the air for combustion come from while submerged and under power for weeks or longer? Diesel submarines can't use their engines unless they are on the surface, or at least can put a snorkel to the surface; they run on battery power when fully submerged. For this reason they can stay submerged for only a limited time. They also have to be refueled regularly.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #615 on: October 13, 2017, 11:58:08 AM »

You still think that whatever is there instead of nuclear, itís being hidden from the crew, right?  How do you propose to hide a Walter Turbine setup from the crew?
The same as you hide what's behind supposed nuclear.
It's a simple scenario to be fair, because all it requires is people like you to back it all up by never knowing what the hell it is you're actually really championing.
So you have a crew that is maintaining a fake reactor.  Then you have another crew that is maintaining the real power source.  You have this for every reactor everywhere.  This seems incredibly inefficient.
And again a conspiracy involving thousands is unrealistic
Nope. You have a crew who believe they're operating a nuclear sub. That's it. It's just buttons and testing.
If anything goes wrong it's back to the yard where everyone is dispersed so the so called nuclear experts can repair the fault.
In that case you have to have a system that runs exactly like a nuclear reactor or the buttons and meters are meaningless.
Somebody still has to fuel it and actually service it.  Your conspiracy is too big to be reasonable.

« Reply #616 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:05 PM »

#Woke #NeverTooVegan
But it isn't better at all.  It has massive holes and can easily be proven wrong.
You have still never described what force causes this stacking.  You have never given an adequate explaination for sunrise and set or how the sun stays the same apparent size throughout the day.
And lastly, for your view to be correct you need multiple conspiracies consisting of thousands of people.
It simply isn't reasonable.

« Reply #617 on: October 13, 2017, 01:11:07 PM »

Nah, he's making it up as he goes along.   To quote Slim Charles in The Wire:

"Fact is, we went to war and now there ain't no goin' back. I mean, shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie"

Once scepti commits himself to some made up bullshit, he sticks to that made up bullshit.  Facts be damned.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2017, 02:31:24 PM »

You still think that whatever is there instead of nuclear, itís being hidden from the crew, right?  How do you propose to hide a Walter Turbine setup from the crew?
It's a simple scenario to be fair, because all it requires is people like you to back it all up by never knowing what the hell it is you're actually really championing.
No. It isn't a simple scenario.
It requires the replacement of the reactor core with a completely different setup, it requires a massive storage of fuel.
It is nothing like nuclear power.

but you still have no clue what nuclear power actually is, only what you're told it is, which is basically nothing short of magic.
Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic for ignorant fools.
Kind of like how it is "magic" to put a bit of vapour from some liquid into a cylinder and have it explode to power a car.

Just because you are too ignorant to understand it (and wilfully so) does not mean it is magic.

Nope. You have a crew who believe they're operating a nuclear sub. That's it. It's just buttons and testing.
If anything goes wrong it's back to the yard where everyone is dispersed so the so called nuclear experts can repair the fault.
No, it isn't just buttons and testing.
Lets say something has gone wrong, and all the HTP has leaked into the ship/out of its storage tanks and is starting to react violently. What do they do?
They have a complete loss of power and their ship has a violently reacting chemical.
That would be the loss of a ship.

What engine?
It's supposed to be a reactor boiling water and sending steam to a turbine.
So where's the engine?
The BS engine you want in there to replace the reactor.

I spent most of my life just accepting, so I'm well aware of how resistant you would be to ever thinking for yourself.
You seem to be confusing thinking for yourself with rejecting all knowledge which goes against your delusional world view.

You aren't thinking.
If you did you would have realised how full of crap all your claims are.

« Reply #619 on: October 14, 2017, 12:14:36 AM »
You still havenít shown us a way to hide the equipment you would need to use, if you wanted to fake a nuclear reactor.  It sounds simple if you know nothing about submarines or power generation, but once you learn a little about those youíll find itís not that simple.  Navy vessels look big; heck, an aircraft carrier doesnít just LOOK big, it really IS big.  Iím sure it appears to you that a vessel that size would have lots of places to hide things.  But thatís only because youíve never served on one, and because you wonít acknowledge the level of training and the amount of access the crew has.

RocketSauce raised a good point: fuel.
I was stationed on the USS Nassau (LHA-4)...We would do an "unrep" (underway replenishment) about every week if we were out to sea that long... This entails filling up the fuel tanks, bringing over food/mail/supplies...
Ships that arenít nuclear powered need to refuel A LOT.  Ships (and submarines) that are nuclear powered do not.  Nuclear powered ships do unreps, but much less often.  The Truxtun would unrep a small amount of JP-5 from time to time for the helicopter we carried, but not often enough or in quantity enough to power a fake reactor.  So if youíre going to fake a reactor, whateverís being used to accomplish that needs to all be on board from the beginning of a deployment.  Surface ships go weeks between port visits, submarines even longer.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #620 on: October 14, 2017, 12:17:57 AM »
Nice speech but you still have no clue what nuclear power actually is, only what you're told it is, which is basically nothing short of magic.
Right, you live in a world full of magic because any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
It's only indistinguishable from magic because it's cloaked like magic tricks but shown to the audience as a reality.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #621 on: October 14, 2017, 12:18:49 AM »

#Woke #NeverTooVegan

You can't possibly mean the utterly pathetic trainwreck that was Denspressure Theory, can you?
Talk about it somewhere else.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #622 on: October 14, 2017, 12:29:22 AM »
You finally say outright that you're guessing. Thanks!
Of course I'm guessing. How can I know the absolute truth of something that is shrouded in mystery and security and yet only sold as a story of diagrams that really don't make rational sense, regardless of what people like yourself say.

A major problem with your scenario is that if it were a conventional, say, fuel-oil fired boiler, why go through the nuclear rigmarole? To "fool" people into thinking the subs are nuclear while trying to manage a massive cover-up? Why not train the crew how to deal with contingencies with the boiler? Just to keep up an act? That's ridiculous. Where's the win?
The win is in the word, nuclear. It means they can place ridiculous price tags on such stuff as well as make up all kinds of scenarios with them to ensure the paying public dig deep in given scenarios of war and peace with the pretence of a need to protect  but also at a potential hazardous price if not fully looked after.

And blah blah blah.

Where would they store all the fuel needed for months at sea? Where would the air for combustion come from while submerged and under power for weeks or longer? Diesel submarines can't use their engines unless they are on the surface, or at least can put a snorkel to the surface; they run on battery power when fully submerged. For this reason they can stay submerged for only a limited time. They also have to be refueled regularly.
They wouldn't need to store it for months at sea. They store it and replenish it from the sea, via the technology they have that is hidden behind a nuclear smokescreen.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #623 on: October 14, 2017, 12:30:32 AM »

So you have a crew that is maintaining a fake reactor.  Then you have another crew that is maintaining the real power source.  You have this for every reactor everywhere.  This seems incredibly inefficient.
And again a conspiracy involving thousands is unrealistic
In that case you have to have a system that runs exactly like a nuclear reactor or the buttons and meters are meaningless.
Somebody still has to fuel it and actually service it.  Your conspiracy is too big to be reasonable.
Buttons and meters are simply just that. Very easy to set up as a supposed nuclear readout and operation if people are told that's what it is.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #624 on: October 14, 2017, 12:38:54 AM »
You still havenít shown us a way to hide the equipment you would need to use, if you wanted to fake a nuclear reactor.  It sounds simple if you know nothing about submarines or power generation, but once you learn a little about those youíll find itís not that simple.  Navy vessels look big; heck, an aircraft carrier doesnít just LOOK big, it really IS big.  Iím sure it appears to you that a vessel that size would have lots of places to hide things.  But thatís only because youíve never served on one, and because you wonít acknowledge the level of training and the amount of access the crew has.
A locked room with a hazard sign. That's it.

RocketSauce raised a good point: fuel.
I was stationed on the USS Nassau (LHA-4)...We would do an "unrep" (underway replenishment) about every week if we were out to sea that long... This entails filling up the fuel tanks, bringing over food/mail/supplies...
Ships that arenít nuclear powered need to refuel A LOT.  Ships (and submarines) that are nuclear powered do not.  Nuclear powered ships do unreps, but much less often.  The Truxtun would unrep a small amount of JP-5 from time to time for the helicopter we carried, but not often enough or in quantity enough to power a fake reactor.  So if youíre going to fake a reactor, whateverís being used to accomplish that needs to all be on board from the beginning of a deployment.  Surface ships go weeks between port visits, submarines even longer.
It all depends on how you're made to believe what happens.
We can all be told many things about subs at sea or ships at sea not needing replenishment. However they all require food and drink and can easily take on other requirements, whatever that is in terms of a fuel....or more possible that they actually use the ocean to make their own with the necessary adages already plentiful, aboard.

I know I know, you're all certified nuclear know how's and know all's and super in the know, no hiding anything from you, super sailors.

« Reply #625 on: October 14, 2017, 12:55:56 AM »
It's only indistinguishable from magic because it's cloaked like magic tricks but shown to the audience as a reality.
Only because you refuse to look behind the curtain.

They wouldn't need to store it for months at sea. They store it and replenish it from the sea, via the technology they have that is hidden behind a nuclear smokescreen.
That has already been shown to be pure bullshit.
The sea does not contain fuel.
If they are going to make hydrogen from the sea, they need to use energy to produce it. Thus they need to store all that energy and there is no point making hydrogen from the sea.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #626 on: October 14, 2017, 01:07:04 AM »
Only because you refuse to look behind the curtain.

That has already been shown to be pure bullshit.
The sea does not contain fuel.
If they are going to make hydrogen from the sea, they need to use energy to produce it. Thus they need to store all that energy and there is no point making hydrogen from the sea.
Willing to accept pellets of metal heat up for decades on their own and yet cannot accept that fuel sources can be gotten from the ocean.  :P

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #627 on: October 14, 2017, 01:16:22 AM »

This
"It's only indistinguishable from magic because it's cloaked like magic tricks but shown to the audience as a reality"
sounds like you're explaining your fictional denpressure and the mysterious magic mountain at the North Pole that your sun shines out from.

But, I simply cannot understand why you have a problem with radioactivity, nuclear fission and nuclear power.
What sort of a world do you live in that does not have any rudimentary idea of the make-up of an atom?

If you are game, read a bit on the discovery of radioactivity The Discovery of Radioactivity

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #628 on: October 14, 2017, 01:25:37 AM »
I know I know, you're all certified nuclear know how's and know all's and super in the know, no hiding anything from you, super sailors.
I know, I know, it's only what :P they tell us :P, but:
USS Triton (SSRN-586)
USS Triton (SSRN/SSN-586), a United States Navy radar picket nuclear submarine, was the first vessel to execute a submerged circumnavigation of the Earth (Operation Sandblast), doing so in early 1960. Triton accomplished this objective during her shakedown cruise while under the command of Captain Edward L. "Ned" Beach, Jr. The only member of her class, she also had the distinction of being the only Western submarine powered by two nuclear reactors.
;D ;D Such stupid gullible people aren't we? ;D ;D

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #629 on: October 14, 2017, 01:30:21 AM »

This
"It's only indistinguishable from magic because it's cloaked like magic tricks but shown to the audience as a reality"
sounds like you're explaining your fictional denpressure and the mysterious magic mountain at the North Pole that your sun shines out from.

But, I simply cannot understand why you have a problem with radioactivity, nuclear fission and nuclear power.
What sort of a world do you live in that does not have any rudimentary idea of the make-up of an atom?

If you are game, read a bit on the discovery of radioactivity The Discovery of Radioactivity
Radioactivity is one thing and massive power output from pellets for decades is another.