This is all a bit absurd.

• 830 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: This is all a bit absurd.
« Reply #570 on: October 12, 2017, 03:28:02 PM »
Listen up, dingdongs. There's no point replying to Papa Legba for at least 100 days ;)
Nah.  He'll just ignore the bam.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #571 on: October 12, 2017, 03:34:01 PM »
His other characters aren't as lame as this one, plus I got to issue my first full 100 day bam.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #572 on: October 12, 2017, 04:21:26 PM »
His other characters aren't as lame as this one, plus I got to issue my first full 100 day bam.

Congratulations!
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #573 on: October 12, 2017, 08:48:42 PM »
The laws of Thermodynamics suggest such an idea is nonsensical.
Can you please give me an example – a process that is supposed to happen in the nuclear submarine and an explaination why the laws of thermodynamics prevent it from happening?

« Reply #574 on: October 13, 2017, 12:27:02 AM »
Listen up, dingdongs. There's no point replying to Papa Legba for at least 100 days ;)
Could you make it longer?

Out of curiousity, what would happen with the forum software if you set it to be like 7404 days? Would the y2k38 problem kick in?
If so, could you make it like 7400 days (if done within the next 2)?

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #575 on: October 13, 2017, 01:31:37 AM »
As Papa Legba said before he was banned for some reason, is, as I have been saying, those subs are not nuclear in my opinion and are powered by other means, one being hydrogen.
The Walter turbine was something I was looking at and it makes sense to be part of the set up for the supposed nuclear subs and what not.

Obviously the deniers will jump straight in as they always do to deny stuff simply because they feed off the nuclear frenzy.
People go on about subs being submerged for weeks on end but I don't believe a word of it, regardless of what's been told.

I'd be highly surprised if they were submerged for more than a few days at a time, or not even that without surfacing, unless they only submerged to periscope type depth where they can use breather pipes in conjunction with that.

Humans can be crazy and scientists can take risks to a certain extent, but on the whole, in terms of mass of intelligence of people, there's no way in hell anyone would put supposed super dangerous nuclear energy inside something like a submarine, let alone ships and land power plants.

Whatever the stuff is may be dangerous in toxic ways and explosive ways but not in terms of what we are told about.

« Reply #576 on: October 13, 2017, 01:39:07 AM »
As Papa Legba said before he was banned for some reason
And how did he tell you this? Just a chat among your personalities?

as I have been saying, those subs are not nuclear in my opinion and are powered by other means, one being hydrogen.
Yes, you have been continually saying that but you are yet to back it up.

The Walter turbine was something I was looking at and it makes sense to be part of the set up for the supposed nuclear subs and what not.
Again, no it doesn't.
You still have the problem of storing so much fuel it isn't funny.

But does that mean you now admit hydrogen wouldn't work?

Obviously the deniers will jump straight in as they always do to deny stuff simply because they feed off the nuclear frenzy.
You mean to point out your baseless claims are baseless and crap?

People go on about subs being submerged for weeks on end but I don't believe a word of it, regardless of what's been told.
And there we go with the deniers jumping straight in to deny stuff simply because it doesn't fit with their delusional world view.

Humans can be crazy and scientists can take risks to a certain extent, but on the whole, in terms of mass of intelligence of people, there's no way in hell anyone would put supposed super dangerous nuclear energy inside something like a submarine, let alone ships and land power plants.
Yes they would. There is nothing insane about it.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #577 on: October 13, 2017, 03:45:05 AM »
As Papa Legba said before he was banned for some reason, is, as I have been saying, those subs are not nuclear in my opinion and are powered by other means, one being hydrogen.

I'd be highly surprised if they were submerged for more than a few days at a time, or not even that without surfacing, unless they only submerged to periscope type depth where they can use breather pipes in conjunction with that.

Whatever the stuff is may be dangerous in toxic ways and explosive ways but not in terms of what we are told about.

It's so cool that you know these things!

You are totally #WOKE!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #578 on: October 13, 2017, 06:05:20 AM »
“For some reason”, LOL!  His posts are the very definition of “low content in the upper fora”.  He seemed unwilling to do anything but ad hominem rubbish.  Go back and read them, you probably won’t find more than 10% of his posts to be free of personal, off-topic trash talk.  He behaves an awful lot like Intikam did, and that guy eventually earned himself a lifetime ban.

You still think that whatever is there instead of nuclear, it’s being hidden from the crew, right?  How do you propose to hide a Walter Turbine setup from the crew?

« Reply #579 on: October 13, 2017, 07:13:32 AM »
He behaves an awful lot like Intikam did, and that guy eventually earned himself a lifetime ban.
So how did he post the post about photosynthesis recently?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #580 on: October 13, 2017, 07:17:29 AM »
He behaves an awful lot like Intikam did, and that guy eventually earned himself a lifetime ban.
So how did he post the post about photosynthesis recently?

No, Intikam did not get a "lifetime" ban. We only do that to spambots, Nazis, and pedos.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #581 on: October 13, 2017, 07:40:46 AM »

You still think that whatever is there instead of nuclear, it’s being hidden from the crew, right?  How do you propose to hide a Walter Turbine setup from the crew?
The same as you hide what's behind supposed nuclear.
It's a simple scenario to be fair, because all it requires is people like you to back it all up by never knowing what the hell it is you're actually really championing.

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #582 on: October 13, 2017, 07:46:08 AM »

Try joining a Navy... I was stationed on the USS Nassau (LHA-4)... It is the largest flat deck ship to be non-nuclear. It's been decommissioned since...  We would do an "unrep" (underway replenishment) about every week if we were out to sea that long... This entails filling up the fuel tanks, bringing over food/mail/supplies...

But, obviously it would be pointless to try and "Convince" you or educate you as you have made up your mind that it is "Impossible"

But, if you are interested... Look up the difference between Russian nuke subs and American Nuke subs.... The Russian's are much much less careful with their protection of sailors from radiation... or the vessel from the reactor...

I would say, make up your own mind, but your mind is obviously set... Instead of asking a sailor that's been on a sub (who is a member of this very site) you'd rather make your own assumptions based off of shit you've read on the internet from people that don't know.... shit....

It benefits you in no way to be so absolutely sure of yourself... But hey, we are on a Flat Earth site, right?

Good luck shipmate #Woke #NeverTooVegan
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:50:28 AM by RocketSauce »
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #583 on: October 13, 2017, 07:53:08 AM »

Try joining a Navy... I was stationed on the USS Nassau (LHA-4)... It is the largest flat deck ship to be non-nuclear. It's been decommissioned since...  We would do an "unrep" (underway replenishment) about every week if we were out to sea that long... This entails filling up the fuel tanks, bringing over food/mail/supplies...

But, obviously it would be pointless to try and "Convince" you or educate you as you have made up your mind that it is "Impossible"

But, if you are interested... Look up the difference between Russian nuke subs and American Nuke subs.... The Russian's are much much less careful with their protection of sailors from radiation... or the vessel from the reactor...

I would say, make up your own mind, but your mind is obviously set... Instead of asking a sailor that's been on a sub (who is a member of this very site) you'd rather make your own assumptions based off of shit you've read on the internet from people that don't know.... shit....

It benefits you in no way to be so absolutely sure of yourself... But hey, we are on a Flat Earth site, right?

Good luck shipmate #Woke #NeverTooVegan
Nice speech but you still have no clue what nuclear power actually is, only what you're told it is, which is basically nothing short of magic.

« Reply #584 on: October 13, 2017, 07:53:32 AM »

It's a simple scenario to be fair, because all it requires is people like you to back it all up by never knowing what the hell it is you're actually really championing.
So you have a crew that is maintaining a fake reactor.  Then you have another crew that is maintaining the real power source.  You have this for every reactor everywhere.  This seems incredibly inefficient.
And again a conspiracy involving thousands is unrealistic

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #585 on: October 13, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »

So you have a crew that is maintaining a fake reactor.  Then you have another crew that is maintaining the real power source.  You have this for every reactor everywhere.  This seems incredibly inefficient.
Nope. You have a crew who believe they're operating a nuclear sub. That's it. It's just buttons and testing.
If anything goes wrong it's back to the yard where everyone is dispersed so the so called nuclear experts can repair the fault.

« Reply #586 on: October 13, 2017, 08:05:54 AM »

Nope. You have a crew who believe they're operating a nuclear sub. That's it. It's just buttons and testing.
If anything goes wrong it's back to the yard where everyone is dispersed so the so called nuclear experts can repair the fault.
If something 'goes wrong' on a sub, I have doubts it's as simple as 'bring back to shore to fix'. Seems you would *have* to have people on board able to fix/repair/perform maintenance upon such an engine. You don't go out to spend weeks at sea, far away from land, and don't have people on board able to fix every possible problem they can. But again, you've apparently made up your mind based on 'You can't prove unequivocally it IS'. I mean, you're right we can't over the internet. But that doesn't mean you couldn't get yourself into the position to prove it on your own. Would take time, but there are avenues available to do so.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #587 on: October 13, 2017, 08:30:13 AM »
If something 'goes wrong' on a sub, I have doubts it's as simple as 'bring back to shore to fix'. Seems you would *have* to have people on board able to fix/repair/perform maintenance upon such an engine.
What engine?
It's supposed to be a reactor boiling water and sending steam to a turbine.
So where's the engine?

You don't go out to spend weeks at sea, far away from land, and don't have people on board able to fix every possible problem they can. But again, you've apparently made up your mind based on 'You can't prove unequivocally it IS'. I mean, you're right we can't over the internet. But that doesn't mean you couldn't get yourself into the position to prove it on your own. Would take time, but there are avenues available to do so.
We can be told absolutely anything.
When everything is shrouded and top secret then we can be told anything at all.

RocketSauce

« Reply #588 on: October 13, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »
that was the most over simplified thing I have ever heard anyone say....

If anything goes wrong.... the sub sinks and implodes... Instant Death

Please... read about this... It frightens me just to imagine what these sailors went through... Unfortunately it is the way of the world that Change is too often fueled by loss of life....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Thresher_(SSN-593)

*fact*

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #589 on: October 13, 2017, 08:44:42 AM »
that was the most over simplified thing I have ever heard anyone say....

If anything goes wrong.... the sub sinks and implodes... Instant Death

Please... read about this... It frightens me just to imagine what these sailors went through... Unfortunately it is the way of the world that Change is too often fueled by loss of life....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Thresher_(SSN-593)
If you want to make an argument, do not try and use emotion to gain an advantage.

« Reply #590 on: October 13, 2017, 08:50:28 AM »
If something 'goes wrong' on a sub, I have doubts it's as simple as 'bring back to shore to fix'. Seems you would *have* to have people on board able to fix/repair/perform maintenance upon such an engine.
What engine?

You just described it. Are you confused by the fact that a steam turbine is an engine?

So where's the engine?

In the engine room.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #591 on: October 13, 2017, 08:54:05 AM »
What engine?

You just described it. Are you confused by the fact that a steam turbine is an engine?

So where's the engine?

In the engine room.
So the steam turbine is the engine. I was just making sure that's what was implied because now we can clearly see that working on a so called engine is nothing other than working on a STEAM turbine.
We all know that steam turbines don't need to be powered by so called nuclear power, don't we?

Stick sailor engineer Jack on it and he's working on a?........ steam turbine that he thinks is the end product of nuclear.

RocketSauce

« Reply #592 on: October 13, 2017, 09:05:56 AM »
Death is emotional... and I am informing you, that it is not just as simple as pushing a button and returning to dock...

Did you even read about the Thrasher?

Due to pressure loss, the reactor would "scram" or turn off... then they would re-start it... Engineering design flaws caused water condensation to freeze so they were unable to blow the ballast...

The sub would speed forward, climb a few feet, then the reactor would stop and it would sink a few feet more, then they would climb a few feet, loose the engines, and sink a few feet more....  and then an instant crush of death... Split second... done... Their only suffering was knowing it was going to happen.

I served on the surface fleet... This is how I know about satellites out at sea or what the sky looks like south of the equator... but when shit fucks up, you just kind of sit there and wait...

When you are on a Sub... and a fire breaks out? That is eating your air... When you are on a sub and you spring a leak.... The lighter side of submarine life though, is I read an article about a crew farting too much causing toxic gas alarms to go off...

I understand you probably do not have any life experience in regards to being in a navy or around Nuclear powered machines... One of the jobs of a Nuke is going to Nuke school.... if you are smart enough to get into Nuke school, but not smart enough to pass nuke school.... you get to spend the rest of your naval carrier chipping paint...

It is not conclusive to train guys to use nuclear powered engines, to be a nuke welder (which is super scary) to deal with all of this stuff when the engine is actually... a.. umm... Turbine of some unknown alien inspired power source that doesn't need... air...

I"m not calling you silly... but you are sounding REALLY silly.... #Woke #NeverTooVegan

*fact*

RocketSauce

« Reply #593 on: October 13, 2017, 09:09:22 AM »
What engine?

So where's the engine?

In the engine room.
So the steam turbine is the engine. I was just making sure that's what was implied because now we can clearly see that working on a so called engine is nothing other than working on a STEAM turbine.
We all know that steam turbines don't need to be powered by so called nuclear power, don't we?

Oh Wow... I didn't realize how.... behind on the subject you were....

Nuclear power, in all applications heats water....
Just like a Coal power plant heats water to turn a turbine...
Dam's use water pressure to turn a turbine...
Jet's use jet fuel and electricity to turn the turbine

My first ship's engines were fucking Jet Turbines.... Even though they were highly insulated (The jets were in a big box) You could still here that high pitch whine throughout most of the ship... You didn't notice it until there was an engine failure and it stopped....

The Jets were plugged into this Main Reduction Gear... which converts the Massively high speed of spin and low torque of the Jet Turbine to the Super Low Speed High torque of the Ships Turbine (the screws).... We  hit a whale once and broke one of the shafts.... Oops...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:11:36 AM by RocketSauce »

*fact*

« Reply #594 on: October 13, 2017, 09:19:23 AM »
What engine?

So where's the engine?

In the engine room.
So the steam turbine is the engine.

In a nuclear ship, yes, it's the main engine.

I was just making sure that's what was implied because now we can clearly see that working on a so called engine is nothing other than working on a STEAM turbine.

OK. And?

Not all steam turbines are powered by nuclear reactors. Some are powered by nuclear reactors. So?

Stick sailor engineer Jack on it and he's working on a?........ steam turbine that he thinks is the end product of nuclear.

Maybe more clearly stated "... steam turbine that he thinks has a nuclear reactor producing the steam." Yeah. And he'd be right!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #595 on: October 13, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »
Death is emotional... and I am informing you, that it is not just as simple as pushing a button and returning to dock...
You are going on what you were told.
Don't try and use emotion. Next time I will bypass the post.

Did you even read about the Thrasher?
Not really.

Due to pressure loss, the reactor would "scram" or turn off... then they would re-start it... Engineering design flaws caused water condensation to freeze so they were unable to blow the ballast...
Yeah, restart it because supposed nuclear power just switches on and off, doesn't it?
This alone is a massive alarm bell for questioning.

The sub would speed forward, climb a few feet, then the reactor would stop and it would sink a few feet more, then they would climb a few feet, loose the engines, and sink a few feet more....  and then an instant crush of death... Split second... done... Their only suffering was knowing it was going to happen.
Nahhhh, it's too silly.
The sub would be full of air so no sink and crush unless they opened valves to allow an inrush, which they certainly would not do in any event where a pump failure was in progress.

I served on the surface fleet... This is how I know about satellites out at sea or what the sky looks like south of the equator... but when shit fucks up, you just kind of sit there and wait...
You know nothing about satellites other than ship to ship or ship to shore.

When you are on a Sub... and a fire breaks out? That is eating your air... When you are on a sub and you spring a leak.... The lighter side of submarine life though, is I read an article about a crew farting too much causing toxic gas alarms to go off...
I'm sure air purifiers work fine on farty subs.

I understand you probably do not have any life experience in regards to being in a navy or around Nuclear powered machines...
Yeah well, we can all say that, can't we.....Mr Mariner of the under ocean.  :P

One of the jobs of a Nuke is going to Nuke school.... if you are smart enough to get into Nuke school, but not smart enough to pass nuke school.... you get to spend the rest of your naval carrier chipping paint...
If you're smart enough to go to nuke school you're smart enough to pass nuke school because it's just a fictional story.

It is not conclusive to train guys to use nuclear powered engines, to be a nuke welder (which is super scary) to deal with all of this stuff when the engine is actually... a.. umm... Turbine of some unknown alien inspired power source that doesn't need... air...
What is nuke welding?
You're welding a pressure vessel, right?
A pressure vessel designed to hold water at X pressure or otehr vessels that store gases under pressure.
What's different about this nuke welding?
I"m not calling you silly... but you are sounding REALLY silly.... #Woke #NeverTooVegan
Call me what you want to, none of it matters.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #596 on: October 13, 2017, 09:23:42 AM »
Oh Wow... I didn't realize how.... behind on the subject you were....

Nuclear power, in all applications heats water....
Just like a Coal power plant heats water to turn a turbine...
Dam's use water pressure to turn a turbine...
Jet's use jet fuel and electricity to turn the turbine
My first ship's engines were fucking Jet Turbines.... Even though they were highly insulated (The jets were in a big box) You could still here that high pitch whine throughout most of the ship... You didn't notice it until there was an engine failure and it stopped....

The Jets were plugged into this Main Reduction Gear... which converts the Massively high speed of spin and low torque of the Jet Turbine to the Super Low Speed High torque of the Ships Turbine (the screws).... We  hit a whale once and broke one of the shafts.... Oops...
So, you didn't realise how far behind I was and then went on to tell me all this crap?

RocketSauce

« Reply #597 on: October 13, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »
aren't you the same guy saying that gravity is... Air pressure?

I'm guessing between you and me.... there is a drastically different view of how the world works... Good luck navigating life

#Woke #NeverTooVegan

*fact*

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #598 on: October 13, 2017, 09:25:07 AM »
What engine?

So where's the engine?

In the engine room.
So the steam turbine is the engine.

In a nuclear ship, yes, it's the main engine.

I was just making sure that's what was implied because now we can clearly see that working on a so called engine is nothing other than working on a STEAM turbine.

OK. And?

Not all steam turbines are powered by nuclear reactors. Some are powered by nuclear reactors. So?

Maybe more clearly stated "... steam turbine that he thinks has a nuclear reactor producing the steam." Yeah. And he'd be right!
He could very well be wrong as well.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #599 on: October 13, 2017, 09:26:07 AM »
Ignorant!

Not #WOKE, simply ignorant.

If you think nuclear power is fake, you are simply ignorant.

You, sceptimatic, are simple, and ignorant.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.