Tides, have you got a logical version of theory?

• 36 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Tides, have you got a logical version of theory?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 08:37:39 AM »
The one I am referencing explains tides by the influence of the sun and moon.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2017, 04:15:20 PM »
Some "quotes" of the post you are referencing would help a great deal.

By the "one I am referencing" are you referring back to this post?
I agree with the above statements concerning gravitational influence of the sun and moon. I would also mention there has been some interest in looking into the existence of a submoon that with these two other bodies would help describe the motions.

I want to know how, on a flat earth, any gravitational influence of the sun and moon can cause the usual semi-diurnal tides.

Not only that but if there is "gravitational influence of the sun and moon" on objects on earth (the oceans), why isn't the gravitational influence of the much more massive earth the cause of "gravity".

Of course, you will drag the infinite plane model out of your little bottom drawer and say that "Newtonian gravitation does".

So when it comes to satellites and maps you seem to bandy around your "non-Euclidean earth",
    when it comes to gravity, you push the "infinite plane model"
    then if all else fails you say you prefer denspressure over UA.

It must be so handy to have a model for each occasion.

Us poor Globularists seem to be restricted to the Heliocentric Globe - it's so confining this  :P reality stuff  :P!

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 11:18:16 PM »
Nice try bros! :)

Here's my version... please help me out to analyse and let me know whether the logic is really fine:

The Flat Earth contract down at territories under the sun & moon, and get steady at +6 hours & -6 hours territories from tides territories.

Accordingly the entire water on the Flat Earth 'pool' goes down due to the contraction of territories under the sun & moon. Then people see water "up" at noon & midnight, and water "down" at sunrise & sunset.

"Water up" and "water down" are just what we figure out by sight. It is certainly due to the Flat Earth contractions downwards under the sun and moon territories. The water itself is always LEVEL.

So to me Tides is shockingly a mind blowing phenomenon. See how a 'solid', super huge body like the earth can be so 'plastic'. It can contract like a rubber. The cause of this phenomenon is still unknown to me.

It seems as if the nature in tides moments gives a message how the earth lands 'bow down' every time the Sun and the Moon pass by above them. Sun and Moon as Sources of Light.
one other big objection to this theory:
if the ground is pressed down at the location of the moon...and the moon travels from east to west...
then you would see a trail of water on the west side of every water surfaces at latitudes where the moon orbits.
much like: make a small puddle of water on your table...put your finger in it...drag your finger to the side...observe how you make trail of water.

in other words:
imagine a river going from North to South somewhere at the equator.
the moon will cross this river from east side to west side once a day.
as it crosses the river, the land on the east side of the river will be pressed down, but it wouldn't do much on the east side...
during the crossover, the area of pressed landmass will slowly shift to the west side of the river...during this shift, it will take the water with it in the west direction because land mass is pressed down...water flows to lower areas...so the water would hike with the pressed landmass towards the west.
this once a day, you would notice huge landscape changes on the west side of every watersurface around the equator.

Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2017, 03:39:09 AM »

Here's my version... please help me out to analyse and let me know whether the logic is really fine:

The Flat Earth contract down at territories under the sun & moon, and get steady at +6 hours & -6 hours territories from tides territories.

Accordingly the entire water on the Flat Earth 'pool' goes down due to the contraction of territories under the sun & moon. Then people see water "up" at noon & midnight, and water "down" at sunrise & sunset.

"Water up" and "water down" are just what we figure out by sight. It is certainly due to the Flat Earth contractions downwards under the sun and moon territories. The water itself is always LEVEL.

So to me Tides is shockingly a mind blowing phenomenon. See how a 'solid', super huge body like the earth can be so 'plastic'. It can contract like a rubber. The cause of this phenomenon is still unknown to me.

It seems as if the nature in tides moments gives a message how the earth lands 'bow down' every time the Sun and the Moon pass by above them. Sun and Moon as Sources of Light.
if the ground is pressed down at the location of the moon...and the moon travels from east to west...
then you would see a trail of water on the west side of every water surfaces at latitudes where the moon orbits.
much like: make a small puddle of water on your table...put your finger in it...drag your finger to the side...observe how you make trail of water.

in other words:
as it crosses the river, the land on the east side of the river will be pressed down, but it wouldn't do much on the east side...
during the crossover, the area of pressed landmass will slowly shift to the west side of the river...during this shift, it will take the water with it in the west direction because land mass is pressed down...water flows to lower areas...so the water would hike with the pressed landmass towards the west.
this once a day, you would notice huge landscape changes on the west side of every watersurface around the equator.

Water is always level. When the land descend, it happens gradually, and the wide of the river is too tiny to meassure its angle against one side to another.
If the sift happens on the sea, there will be bigger waves than the ones in 'normal condition'.

*critiques still needed*
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2017, 04:49:32 AM »

in other words:

Water is always level. When the land descend, it happens gradually, and the wide of the river is too tiny to meassure its angle against one side to another.
If the sift happens on the sea, there will be bigger waves than the ones in 'normal condition'.

*critiques still needed*
no you don't get it. It is like a giant heavy invisible marble rolling on the surface of the Earth from East to West. the surface of the location where this invisible marble is, will be compressed a little and when it rolls further the surface will be restored.
If it rolls through a water surface, water from the North and South will rush to that place to fill the gap, so, there would be water on places where it otherwise could not be, and it will not always flow back when the surface is restored.
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »
Some "quotes" of the post you are referencing would help a great deal.

By the "one I am referencing" are you referring back to this post?
I agree with the above statements concerning gravitational influence of the sun and moon. I would also mention there has been some interest in looking into the existence of a submoon that with these two other bodies would help describe the motions.

I want to know how, on a flat earth, any gravitational influence of the sun and moon can cause the usual semi-diurnal tides.

Not only that but if there is "gravitational influence of the sun and moon" on objects on earth (the oceans), why isn't the gravitational influence of the much more massive earth the cause of "gravity".

Of course, you will drag the infinite plane model out of your little bottom drawer and say that "Newtonian gravitation does".

So when it comes to satellites and maps you seem to bandy around your "non-Euclidean earth",
    when it comes to gravity, you push the "infinite plane model"
    then if all else fails you say you prefer denspressure over UA.

It must be so handy to have a model for each occasion.

Us poor Globularists seem to be restricted to the Heliocentric Globe - it's so confining this  :P reality stuff  :P!
Both the non-euclidean model and the infinite plane model hold mass affects gravitational influence.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 01:34:56 AM »

in other words:

*critiques still needed*
no you don't get it. It is like a giant heavy invisible marble rolling on the surface of the Earth from East to West. the surface of the location where this invisible marble is, will be compressed a little and when it rolls further the surface will be restored.
If it rolls through a water surface, water from the North and South will rush to that place to fill the gap, so, there would be water on places where it otherwise could not be, and it will not always flow back when the surface is restored.

River is more exact than sea. The trajectory is definite and less complicated to measure. The parameter is sun & moon passing by. The current will be highest if it leads to the direction pointing the sun & moon.
It varies: level, met, current & wave.

For the sea, it's easier to predict water flows at southern equator or southern part of the sun &moon.  Because the structure is generaly simple. There are only large sea and lands. The water flow due to tides will go smoothly without much affected by curved coasts as on northern parts of the earth. Netherlands and the surrounding countries are situated on a 'bay'. This possibly makes water flow goes with any possible directions due to the shape of lands/coasts passed by. From south to north is possible. Water encounters might result different directions other than what is supposed to be.
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/