My Senses are my Proof of Flat Earth

• 181 Replies
« on: July 31, 2017, 03:04:33 AM »
Hello. I never thought Earth was a globe. I am new to this forum; however, I am not new to truth and FE ideology. Children have thoughts about who they are and where they live. I ALWAYS  thought I was protected by a dome and lived in sort of an aquarium type home. In school, I never accounted for the globe being anything BUT a theory. I apparently did not understand why there was a globe in all of the classrooms. It wasn't until I was in my late 30's early 40s, OK so maybe 10 or 12 years ago that I had a discussion with one of my daughter's friend about living on a ball that I was completely disorientated for approximately one year. He stated such things as living on a globe and I said we do not. We couldn't possibly. For one year I was afraid to go outside or ride on a swing with my youngest daughter. I was afraid I was going to fall off of this supposed magical ball that spins in space. I was truly afraid.

When I have flat earth arguments with people they think I am insane for saying that I know Earth is flat because I cannot conceive of a ball spinning in space. It makes no sense and if I cannot conceive of it, it just can't be. They do not understand that comment. They ask if I think I know something to be true SIMPLY because I cannot CONCEIVE of it? I say no, my intelligence on IQ tests scored high in verbal and geometric areas. I mean, a magical round ball that a plane cannot possibly land on without an anchor? Come on!!! Really? The elite are something. Lies upon lies. I am so tired of arguing and showing proof that globalists respond by saying, "That is not proof!" OK. People have known Earth is flat for as long as our existence and for 500 years society has been told we live on a magical ball. Who owes the burden of proof? They do. We have proof, they do not. Oh, man was on the moon. Please prove this!!! Thanks for listening.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
Re: My Senses are my Proof of Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 03:25:37 AM »
Retroreflectors on moon.
Launch was photographed and tracked by loads of people.
Space crafts were photographed around earth, en route to moon.
Signals received from space craft around earth, en route to moon, around the moon and on the moon.
Photos of landing sites.
Lunar samples
Lunar surface detail in photos and video not known before Apollo landed there.
Photos of stars and planets match reality.
Why would NASA have contractors build everything, but not use it?
APollo-soyuz test project used Apollo hardware.
SkyLab used Apollo hardware.

Have yet to see any convincing evidence against it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:27:33 AM by Denspressure »
):

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 05:30:54 AM »
Hello. I never thought Earth was a globe.
Since this thread is about your senses being proof of a flat earth, what do your senses tell you happens to the sun after sunset?  Is it still some 3000 miles above some other part of the flat earth, or did it sink below the edge of the flat earth?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 09:15:45 AM »
Your senses only tell you that YOUR WORLD is flat.

The Earth is FAR bigger than your world. Your senses are not tuned to that scale.

Also, they're wrong.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 09:23:38 AM »
Oh how easily the globularists throw away the only evidence they have towards anything! Our senses are wrong! Being the only source of any information we take in, let us throw them to the waste side. Their fruit is poisoned - unless they happen to say the earth is round. Oddly enough - they never do.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »
Looking out your window is not evidence for a flat or round earth.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Crutchwater

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
Oh how easily the globularists throw away the only evidence they have towards anything! Our senses are wrong! Being the only source of any information we take in, let us throw them to the waste side. Their fruit is poisoned - unless they happen to say the earth is round. Oddly enough - they never do.

You're not using them correctly.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 09:59:11 AM »

Right, because our senses can never be fooled. ::)

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 10:17:39 AM »
Ah, and how you cannot suffer for someone to choose how they use their own eyes, and their own mind! I assure you, sir, I use my eyes quite well.

Nothing I said contradicts that our senses can be fooled. Oddly enough, our senses never say the Earth is Round.

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »

Except when viewing a distinct horizon at sea..

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 10:21:10 AM »
For one year I was afraid to go outside or ride on a swing with my youngest daughter. I was afraid I was going to fall off of this supposed magical ball that spins in space. I was truly afraid.

Are you for fucking real?
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 10:44:11 AM »
Ah, and how you cannot suffer for someone to choose how they use their own eyes, and their own mind! I assure you, sir, I use my eyes quite well.

Nothing I said contradicts that our senses can be fooled.
If you agree that your senses can be fooled, then why would you trust them to be your only evidence for anything?

Oddly enough, our senses never say the Earth is Round.
What about the senses of the 24 Apollo astronauts who left earth orbit to see a gloriously round earth?

Crutchwater

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 11:10:40 AM »
535 humans have left our planet and returned.

Not a single one of them believes the Earth is flat.

Like I said... Your senses tell you that YOUR WORLD is flat, NOT the Earth.

There is a huge difference.

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 11:16:15 AM »
Hello. I never thought Earth was a globe. I am new to this forum; however, I am not new to truth and FE ideology. Children have thoughts about who they are and where they live. I ALWAYS  thought I was protected by a dome and lived in sort of an aquarium type home. In school, I never accounted for the globe being anything BUT a theory. I apparently did not understand why there was a globe in all of the classrooms. It wasn't until I was in my late 30's early 40s, OK so maybe 10 or 12 years ago that I had a discussion with one of my daughter's friend about living on a ball that I was completely disorientated for approximately one year. He stated such things as living on a globe and I said we do not. We couldn't possibly. For one year I was afraid to go outside or ride on a swing with my youngest daughter. I was afraid I was going to fall off of this supposed magical ball that spins in space. I was truly afraid.

When I have flat earth arguments with people they think I am insane for saying that I know Earth is flat because I cannot conceive of a ball spinning in space. It makes no sense and if I cannot conceive of it, it just can't be. They do not understand that comment. They ask if I think I know something to be true SIMPLY because I cannot CONCEIVE of it? I say no, my intelligence on IQ tests scored high in verbal and geometric areas. I mean, a magical round ball that a plane cannot possibly land on without an anchor? Come on!!! Really? The elite are something. Lies upon lies. I am so tired of arguing and showing proof that globalists respond by saying, "That is not proof!" OK. People have known Earth is flat for as long as our existence and for 500 years society has been told we live on a magical ball. Who owes the burden of proof? They do. We have proof, they do not. Oh, man was on the moon. Please prove this!!! Thanks for listening.

Why would you fall off the side of the earth....???
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 11:23:22 AM »
How sad that you've restricted your reality to only that which your 5 limited senses can detect. You're not even worth debating with, so narrow is your mind.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »

Nothing I said contradicts that our senses can be fooled.
If you agree that your senses can be fooled, then why would you trust them to be your only evidence for anything?

Oddly enough, our senses never say the Earth is Round.
What about the senses of the 24 Apollo astronauts who left earth orbit to see a gloriously round earth?

Senses are the only source of any evidence what-so-ever. If we don't trust them to some point, we would be left with solipsism.

As far as the astronauts, I suppose I can only speak for my own senses. I feel like most readers will agree though.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 12:05:03 PM »
You build a HAM radio.
You point its antenna at the Moon.
You receive audio signals.
You hear them with your own ears
It are voices from astronauts.

Yup, my own senses just proved Apollo.
):

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »
Senses are the only source of any evidence what-so-ever.
Incorrect.  Senses are the only direct source of input to our brains.  There are lots of methods of gathering evidence that our senses are utterly incapable of gathering.

If we don't trust them to some point, we would be left with solipsism.
There is a huge difference between trusting them to some appropriate point, but you seem to be giving the impression that they should be trusted exclusively, which is just plain silly.

As far as the astronauts, I suppose I can only speak for my own senses. I feel like most readers will agree though.
Agree with what?  Your senses (experiences) over the astronauts'?

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
Retroreflectors on moon.
Signals received from space craft around earth, en route to moon, around the moon and on the moon.
Photos of landing sites.
Lunar samples

Here is my issue. Globalists do not think that videos are a valid source of proof and I have to agree. Then why should pictures of this supposed moon landing be  accepted as proof? The pictures could have been taken at area 51. If NASA failed, they absolutely would come up with this lie. 

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »
Since this thread is about your senses being proof of a flat earth, what do your senses tell you happens to the sun after sunset?  Is it still some 3000 miles above some other part of the flat earth, or did it sink below the edge of the flat earth?

Maybe I was not clear. I am guided by my senses as we all are. This is where all theory begins. My senses tell me Earth is flat and then naturally, I come to conclusions as to why I feel a certain way and I do research. I believe in a dome and then sun revolving in a disc above us. This accounts for night and day and season change. It is highly unlikely that the sun can sink at the edge in water. Sarcasm?

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 02:31:49 PM »
Retroreflectors on moon.
Photos of landing sites.
Lunar samples

Here is my issue. Globalists do not think that videos are a valid source of proof and I have to agree. Then why should pictures of this supposed moon landing be  accepted as proof? The pictures could have been taken at area 51. If NASA failed, they absolutely would come up with this lie.
Orbiters are send to the moon.
They photograph the moon at a resolution of 1 pixel per 20 meter (Using this an an example, don't know the estimate out of my head.)

Apollo space craft photographs large stretches of the lunar surface with a panoramic camera. At a resolution of about 1 pixel per 2 meter.

Modern orbiters get send to the moon, which photograph the lunar surface from above with a resolution of about 1 pixel per 0.5 meter (It depends on the height of the orbiter)

So: pre-Apollo orbiter < Apollo Panoramic Camera < modern orbiter

If Apollo was faked with pre-Apollo orbiter data, we would expect any detail to be no more than 1 pixel per 20 meter. We would also expect Apollo photographs to look exactly like pre-Apollo orbiter photographs, since that was NASA's highest resolution source before Apollo.

But what we see, is that Apollo Panoramic Camera photographs have more detail than pre-Apollo orbiters.

Of course Apollo EVA photos, 16mm film and TV transmissions have an even higher resolution than the Apollo Panoramic Camera, since EVA footage was..well... taken on the lunar surface. We can see trenches, craters, boulders, rocks and even individual grains of lunar soil. All details we do not see anywhere in pre-Apollo orbiter photos, but details we can match with photographs made with modern probes.

Lets say we have a formation of rocks. We can't see them on pre-apollo  orbiter photos. But we can see them in EVA photos, EVA TV transmissions, and even in Apollo Panoramic Camera photos.

Can we then match the formation of rocks up with photos from modern moon orbiters? Yes

This becomes a problem for conspiracy theorists, because this means NASA would have to fake detail for Apollo that they didn't know.
This prooves to me NASA could not have faked the Apollo footage I mentioned. You can not fake something you don't know is there.

I guess a conspiracy theorist could take the easy way out, and say NASA later faked in the details. This is impossible because the details have already been published millions of times before many of us here were born, indeed at the time Apollo was running.

Or they could say all modern moon orbiters are faked. But they have no evidence for this.

Or they could say NASA hid the fine details from pre-Apollo orbiters. Which they have no evidence for.
Prints used at the time of Apollo, NASA made from pre-apollo orbiters, exist. Those prints sometimes pop up, and they show no more detail than we see in the Lunar Orbiter Image Recovery Project.

LOIRP is a digitization project by a third party, to digitize all Lunar Orbiter tapes. They were the highest resolution photos of the moon before Apollo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Orbiter_Image_Recovery_Project

While LOIRP shows more detail than the prints (digital recovery & image processing VS relative crude analog decoding and prints) they still show nowhere near the resolution of Apollo Panoramic Camera, and apollo EVA footage.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:44:29 PM by Denspressure »
):

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 02:44:42 PM »

Maybe I was not clear. I am guided by my senses as we all are. This is where all theory begins. My senses tell me Earth is flat and then naturally, I come to conclusions as to why I feel a certain way and I do research. I believe in a dome and then sun revolving in a disc above us. This accounts for night and day and season change. It is highly unlikely that the sun can sink at the edge in water. Sarcasm?

I'm still trying to get my head around that you didn't leave your house for a year because you thought you would fall off a spinning ball in space. I mean...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:48:54 PM by Sentinel »
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 03:07:32 PM »

The Earth is FAR bigger than your world. Your senses are not tuned to that scale.

Also, they're wrong.

Respectfully, you do not know me and to which scale my senses are tuned. I am not saying that my senses are proof of flat Earth. I am saying that my senses tell me Earth is flat and from there I draw conclusions as to why and then do research. We all use our senses first for inquiry that leads to theory. What else can we start with? Our senses are the first epistemological natural source for inquiry and reasoning. The question is; is there a reason to believe that a person's senses are not reliable due to being color blind, blind, wears glasses, deaf etc. depending on the research at hand.

My senses do not just tell me that MY world is flat. My senses tell me that OUR world is flat. My senses also tell me that it is an impossibility to land a plan on a spinning ball. Sorry.

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 03:15:12 PM »
Oh well. Your senses, your problem.

Next.

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »

Just like every other inquisitive person, my senses are the foundation of inquiry leading to theory. I do not use my senses alone as proof. Looking out of my window, flying in a plane, standing, a cruise ship, and logic, research and knowing that engineers do not account for curvature when building bridges and so forth are all a part of my belief that Earth is flat. The Nile riving having no curvature whatsoever is another clue. When building, if we do not have to account for curvature; it is simply, because it does not exist! How hard is that for people to understand? That is proof in itself and globalists deny any real proof but expect us to believe in fake pictures of a moon landing. Come on, there is no balance here. If there is curvature, how tall would the mid-point of a bridge be? It would have to be an arc shape. Make sense?

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 03:39:55 PM »

Just like every other inquisitive person, my senses are the foundation of inquiry leading to theory. I do not use my senses alone as proof. Looking out of my window, flying in a plane, standing, a cruise ship, and logic, research and knowing that engineers do not account for curvature when building bridges and so forth are all a part of my belief that Earth is flat. The Nile riving having no curvature whatsoever is another clue. When building, if we do not have to account for curvature; it is simply, because it does not exist! How hard is that for people to understand? That is proof in itself and globalists deny any real proof but expect us to believe in fake pictures of a moon landing. Come on, there is no balance here. If there is curvature, how tall would the mid-point of a bridge be? It would have to be an arc shape. Make sense?

Your trolling game is weak. The other ones were better.

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 05:48:40 PM »

Senses are the only source of any evidence what-so-ever. If we don't trust them to some point, we would be left with solipsism.

I don't have so little trust in humanity that I discredit all of the experiences of every other person, and I can't see a way in which FE works where I can trust most of the experiences that other people have.

However, I lived in Brazil for a few years and got a good look at the night sky.  It was definitely circling around a spot near the Southern Cross (which I loved to look at).

And when I watch the sun set, I often see clouds lit from underneath, or shadows cast upon the mountains, as the sun disappears starting from the bottom.  Also, on clear days, I can see buildings and objects appear over the horizon starting from the top (city smog can often make the mountains completely invisible from my location).

I have seen the Flat Earth model account for a lot of phenomena, but not my own personal experiences and observations.

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 06:27:17 PM »
For one year I was afraid to go outside or ride on a swing with my youngest daughter. I was afraid I was going to fall off of this supposed magical ball that spins in space. I was truly afraid.

;D ;D ;D

The troll is strong with this one.
If I'm a complete Idiot for not believing in your Heliocentric fairytale then so be it.

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 06:34:44 PM »

Also, they're wrong.

Respectfully, you do not know me and to which scale my senses are tuned. I am not saying that my senses are proof of flat Earth.

Respectfully, the title of the thread you started is:

So are your senses proof of a flat earth or not?

I am saying that my senses tell me Earth is flat and from there I draw conclusions as to why and then do research.

Your senses provide information to your brain; your brain interprets what your senses are telling it according to your experiences, perceptions, and biases.

For instance:

When I have flat earth arguments with people they think I am insane for saying that I know Earth is flat because I cannot conceive of a ball spinning in space. It makes no sense and if I cannot conceive of it, it just can't be.

Your eyes provide information to your brain. Your preconceptions "know Earth is flat" and "cannot conceive of a ball spinning in space" so you conclude, "It makes no sense and if I cannot conceive of it, it just can't be." Ergo: "your senses" (actually, your mind) tell you the earth is not a ball spinning in space.

It wasn't until I was in my late 30's early 40s, OK so maybe 10 or 12 years ago that I had a discussion with one of my daughter's friend about living on a ball that I was completely disorientated for approximately one year. He stated such things as living on a globe and I said we do not. We couldn't possibly. For one year I was afraid to go outside or ride on a swing with my youngest daughter. I was afraid I was going to fall off of this supposed magical ball that spins in space. I was truly afraid.

Hadn't your senses been telling your for some 40 years that you don't "fall off" the globe even if you're on a swing? Why did you suddenly stop believing your own life-long experiences?

We all use our senses first for inquiry that leads to theory hypotheses. What else can we start with? Our senses are the first epistemological natural source for inquiry and reasoning. The question is; is there a reason to believe that a person's senses are not reliable due to being color blind, blind, wears glasses, deaf etc. depending on the research at hand.

If the research is about color, then, yes, being color blind would make someone's senses unreliable.

My senses do not just tell me that MY world is flat. My senses tell me that OUR world is flat. My senses also tell me that it is an impossibility to land a plan on a spinning ball. Sorry.

How would your senses tell you that last one? Your vision tells you a plane landed. That's all. It's your biases that tell you it's impossible to land a plane on a spinning ball.

I am so tired of arguing and showing proof that globalists respond by saying, "That is not proof!"

Too bad; get used to it. What you're showing them isn't proof and never will be. You're confusing your own opinion with proof, and, most likely, what you're explaining to them makes no sense and isn't even correct.

This is a very strange thread. So much muddled thought and internal contradiction in so few posts.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 08:47:48 PM »

Maybe I was not clear. I am guided by my senses as we all are. This is where all theory begins. My senses tell me Earth is flat and then naturally, I come to conclusions as to why I feel a certain way and I do research. I believe in a dome and then sun revolving in a disc above us. This accounts for night and day and season change.
But does it account for the sun appearing to sink below the horizon as my eyes are telling me that it does?

It is highly unlikely that the sun can sink at the edge in water. Sarcasm?
That's one of the reasons that the flat earth model doesn't make sense: my eyes tell me one thing (sun sinking below the horizon), but logic tells me another (still daylight a few time zones west).  Which am I supposed to believe?