The Polaris Question

• 82 Replies

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
Re: The Polaris Question
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »
Also, being in New York City, I can see any of my beloved stars anyways...
Yeah, there's a reason why no one builds observatories in big (or even small) cities.

They have that old one in LA, the Griffith Observatory... I got to see the full Moon through it, practically burnt my retinas is was so bright. It wasn't until later that I learned looking at a full moon is a Lot less interesting than looking at the other phases due to the shadows
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2017, 11:12:52 AM »
Still no photo!!!
To simply dismiss the concept of God as being unscientific is to violate the very objectivity of science itself.

My experiences with science led me to God.

The Truth Will Set You Free

Werner Von Braun

RocketSauce

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »
I don't have the means to get down there and take them myself, sorry...

But we can do some back yard experiments if you'd like :)

*fact*

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2017, 04:39:13 PM »
Still no photo!!!
You are the one challenging the status quo
So stop wasting everyone else's time and you find your own evidence in your attempt to disprove what everyone down here knows.

By the way, while everyone at the same latitude sees the same stars they do see them in the same locations at the same Universal Time (UTC).

But everyone at the same latitude sees the same stars almost the same locations at the same Local Time - work that one out!.

Mikey T.

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2017, 08:34:59 PM »
Still no photo!!!
Until you decide who gets to decide whether a photo is genuine or not, you cannot demand they produce anything.  It leaves it open for you to blanket call it cgi if it doesn't agree with your idea, which you will, because you are dishonest.

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2017, 09:15:26 PM »
There is a Time difference between Australia and Argentina of -13:0 hours.
Now what do we do? Did you think of that? That crosses the international dateline, I think.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2017, 01:46:16 AM »
And still no photos.

On a spherical earth that rotates, a person will be viewing the same stars at 10pm Australia local time,  as a person in Argentina at 10pm Local time
To simply dismiss the concept of God as being unscientific is to violate the very objectivity of science itself.

Werner Von Braun

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »
And still no photos.

On a spherical earth that rotates, a person will be viewing the same stars at 10pm Australia local time,  as a person in Argentina at 10pm Local time

Pretty much, yes. And no one will see Polaris from the Argentine or Australian mainland at any time of day, any day of the year. So what is the question, exactly?

What are you expecting the "photos" you keep carping about to show? Even if someone provided something, you'd likely dismiss them as fake, anyway.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
Still no photo!!!

Are you ignoring my post about the Southern Cross?

Mikey T.

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2017, 05:10:58 PM »
Still no photo!!!

Yes

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2017, 06:25:29 PM »
And still no photos.

Almost!
Ideally, Sydney should see the same stars in the same locations as Santiago but 9 hours 10 minutes and 30 secs later.
They are at almost the same latitude, so the star elevations will be almost the same.

But, we do not have anything to prove to you.
You are challenging the accepted position so the onus is on you to prove your case, not on us!

So either come up with these genuine time-stamped photographs showing that the stars are different or admit you are wrong!

ForumPhoenix

• Vade Irrumabo te Amicus Meus
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2017, 10:08:45 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA GENUINE TIMESTAMP

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2017, 03:35:12 AM »
And still no photos.

Pretty much, yes. And no one will see Polaris from the Argentine or Australian mainland at any time of day, any day of the year. So what is the question, exactly?

What are you expecting the "photos" you keep carping about to show? Even if someone provided something, you'd likely dismiss them as fake, anyway.

I don't care if you see Polaris from Australia or Argentina, All I care about is if the stars that you see in Australia are the same stars as you see in Argentina on the same day of the year and the same local time.

If not, then the Heliocentric hypothesis has a much bigger problem than the Flat Earth with Polaris

Werner Von Braun

« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2017, 03:40:09 AM »
Still no photo!!!

Yes

And you are ignoring the photos, which was the first thing that I had asked for when this thread was started. Thus my photos are before your question and will not be addressed until somebody provide two photos...

Werner Von Braun

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2017, 08:15:46 AM »
Still no photo!!!

Yes

And you are ignoring the photos, which was the first thing that I had asked for when this thread was started. Thus my photos are before your question and will not be addressed until somebody provide two photos...

I provided better proof.  Why would you not accept that?

« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2017, 08:29:22 AM »
Still no photo!!!

Yes

I provided better proof.  Why would you not accept that?

Because he is a pathetic little man with no life. Clearly all those around him in the physical world ignore him as he adds nothing to their existence, so he comes to these forums where the attention his posts get give him some twisted sense of belonging.

He believes that being a troll gives him some tiny sliver of power and importance. He doesn't realize that to the rest of us he is merely an archetype, a caricature, and we respond to what he represents, not to him as  an individual.

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2017, 08:43:26 AM »

Because he is a pathetic little man with no life. Clearly all those around him in the physical world ignore him as he adds nothing to their existence, so he comes to these forums where the attention his posts get give him some twisted sense of belonging.

He believes that being a troll gives him some tiny sliver of power and importance. He doesn't realize that to the rest of us he is merely an archetype, a caricature, and we respond to what he represents, not to him as  an individual.

Then we should all ignore him.

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2017, 09:09:02 AM »
Personally I just want to be sure anyone that is on the fence about FE and comes to these forums is made well aware of his nonsense. I could care less about his moronic arguments and statements.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2017, 11:04:09 AM »
And still no photos.

I don't care if you see Polaris from Australia or Argentina, All I care about is if the stars that you see in Australia are the same stars as you see in Argentina on the same day of the year and the same local time.

If not, then the Heliocentric hypothesis has a much bigger problem than the Flat Earth with Polaris

There you go. Denial is the first step of grief, they say?  ;D
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Mikey T.

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »
here is a link to a page that shows a few live webcams pointed at the sky in the southern hemisphere 
Watch these for a bit, they are 360 degree cameras, you could grab still images, then check Australia vs Chile cameras. 

https://www.slaveplanet.net/index.php/home/sky-cameras-live
this was literally the first result when I searched in google.  Next time, remember, GIYF.

Queue the dismissing of these for reasons, 360 degree cameras make the image look distorted, you want a person to verify it personally, CGI fake TM , or whatever reason you come up with since they may show something you do not agree with, therefore you will not accept them as being real. 

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2017, 06:34:00 PM »
And still no photos.

I don't care if you see Polaris from Australia or Argentina

You were the one who titled the thread "The Polaris Question" and started the OP with:

All the spherical Earth Believer say that Polaris is a big problem for the Flat Earthers.

I really don’t remember much from my astronomy class, but I’m willing to give it a shot at this problem.

All I care about is if the stars that you see in Australia are the same stars as you see in Argentina on the same day of the year and the same local time.

Well, then go down there and check it out for yourself. Enlist a trusted friend to check from the other location, or just fly from one place to the next. You wouldn't believe any photos taken by those "evil heliocentrists" anyway, and won't notice the difference a couple of days makes. If you're suspicious that a couple days don't make a noticeable difference, check out the night sky in Argentina or Chile, fly to Australia or New Zealand, check out the sky, then fly back and check out the sky in South America again to verify it works the same both directions, just to convince you that going from east to west or west to east doesn't make any difference.

You might want to convince yourself that you, personally, cannot see Polaris while you're there. You won't see it, of course, but why believe me?

There's no problem at all. The predictions based on a spherical earth work because the earth is spherical. The predictions based on a flat earth don't work because the earth is spherical, not flat. It really is that simple.

Go check the southern stars for yourself. Bon Voyage, and don't forget to have some fun doing other things while you're there!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

JackBlack

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2017, 12:40:04 AM »
Where do you get the numbers of 20,000 km from or the 5000 km high.

I have never given any numbers out. These numbers may be correct or may be incorrect....
I get the 5000 km from various FEers, or using similar methodology to the sun.
The 20 000 km I get from reality, from various sites which all agree, even some FEers agree.

Regardless, the exact numbers are irrelevant. The fact remains that Polaris should be easily visible in the southern hemisphere unless it is practically touching Earth.

You still have not provided photos of the stars from the 3 location in the Southern Hemisphere that show that they see the same stars at the same time on the same day of the year. As for the star, programs, it's just a program, junk in = junk out.
The burden is on you to provide the photographic evidence needed to continue this discussion.
That is completely irrelevant to Polaris.

If you wish to discuss the south pole and demand that evidence go make a new thread where that is the topic. Don't title it "The Polaris Question".

All that is, is a pathetic attempt to hide from the complete failure of the FE model.

The burden is on you to explain why Polaris cannot be seen from the southern hemisphere.

Read the first post that I did on this Thread. If you can't prove that you see the same stars in Australia as in Argentina, then of course you can't see Polaris from the Southern Hemisphere.
That makes no sense at all.

Explain the reasoning, and then provide evidence that you can't see the same stars in Australia and Argentina.

The Heliocentric High Priest, always bring up Polaris, but when I asked a very basic question, so we can discus about Polaris
The question had nothing at all to do with Polaris. It is not needed to discuss Polaris.
It is just a pathetic attempt to avoid defeat.

RocketSauce

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2017, 08:50:29 AM »
And still no photos.

Ahh, I see what you are getting at... First off... You should care if you cannot see Polaris from Australia, just like you cannot see the Magellanic clouds from Montauk, New York. While I have not been to Australia, I have been to Seychelles and guess what.....  :D Spoiler Alert!!!

SECONDLY... While I am not going to book a plane ticket to prove your Argentina/Australia question, maybe you'll accept planetarium results? If not fine, I am getting this information from the Shill Internet. (Much like your sources) But short of going down there are taking the pictures myself... Please accept the following links (Because we all know you aren't going to do any work on your own either)

**PLEASE NOTE** You will have to adjust the times between the two links below to be on the same local time. THIS CAN BE LOCATED ON THE UPPER LEFT OF THE SCREEN.  But hopefully you will get a town in Austialia and Argentina that are very close in Longitude

https://theskylive.com/planetarium?obj=sun&aobj%5B%5D=sun&aobj%5B%5D=moon&aobj%5B%5D=mercury&aobj%5B%5D=venus&aobj%5B%5D=mars&aobj%5B%5D=jupiter&aobj%5B%5D=saturn&aobj%5B%5D=uranus&aobj%5B%5D=neptune&aobj%5B%5D=pluto&h=01&m=00&date=2017-08-23#ra|19.610005940172766|dec|-67.23046126983252|fov|80

https://theskylive.com/planetarium?obj=sun&aobj%5B%5D=sun&aobj%5B%5D=moon&aobj%5B%5D=mercury&aobj%5B%5D=venus&aobj%5B%5D=mars&aobj%5B%5D=jupiter&aobj%5B%5D=saturn&aobj%5B%5D=uranus&aobj%5B%5D=neptune&aobj%5B%5D=pluto&h=01&m=00&date=2017-08-23#ra|19.610005940172766|dec|-67.23046126983252|fov|80

NOW... If you doubt the authenticity of the links I've sent you... I'd recommend adjusting the location to YOUR local time and place and see if it is accurate. I have not done that either, as I don't care that much.

Also, THIRDLY Please Research God of the Gaps, fantastic literature... I won't bore you with the copy and paste, as again, you are so fond of doing yourself.

*fact*