Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the Globe

• 1484 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the Globe
« Reply #1110 on: September 11, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »
What does any of this have to do with the recent eclipse debunking the globe? ???
Nothing, but that specific eclipse topic was in a sleep mode......this is a dual catch. The topic stays alive and we discuss other fancy flatearth stuff untill RiF kicks some more ass ...
Interesting.  I thought that you already agreed that the eclipse was indeed consistent with the RE model. 

I guess that means that you're waiting for RiF to kick your ass too.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

dutchy

« Reply #1111 on: September 11, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »
What does any of this have to do with the recent eclipse debunking the globe? ???
Nothing, but that specific eclipse topic was in a sleep mode......this is a dual catch. The topic stays alive and we discuss other fancy flatearth stuff untill RiF kicks some more ass ...
Interesting.  I thought that you already agreed that the eclipse was indeed consistent with the RE model. 

Maybe .....

« Reply #1112 on: September 11, 2017, 12:40:24 PM »

Maybe .....

i missed that you agreed that the eclipse (that actually happend) is concistent with the RE Model.
you also agreed that your posted pictures did not prove you claim of a flat earth.

looks you like you are losing your arguments for your believe in a flat earth.

« Reply #1113 on: September 11, 2017, 12:49:31 PM »
I will really consider this,....fact is the weather is really bad during this season.......lots of rain and humidity.
But i think it will be a very good test and i promise to be as honest as can be !!!
On occasion in october we have those really clear days,.....
Color me interested. I have a gut feeling you'll catch the full blades of the windmill, but curious how much further you'll get. This particular curvature things is one of the few things I don't think RE has properly explained/explored. I don't see it as a strong case for FE because the hypothesis has other serious issues, but it's certainly evidence we don't have as great an understanding of our world as some claim.

« Reply #1114 on: September 11, 2017, 01:17:34 PM »
I will really consider this,....fact is the weather is really bad during this season.......lots of rain and humidity.
But i think it will be a very good test and i promise to be as honest as can be !!!
On occasion in october we have those really clear days,.....
Color me interested. I have a gut feeling you'll catch the full blades of the windmill, but curious how much further you'll get. This particular curvature things is one of the few things I don't think RE has properly explained/explored. I don't see it as a strong case for FE because the hypothesis has other serious issues, but it's certainly evidence we don't have as great an understanding of our world as some claim.

at a flat earth he should be able to see not only the Blades, he should also be able to see to complete tower till the ground.
on a global earth you would also see the blades because they are at a high level. but you would not be able to the the complete tower till the ground.

we will see how his pictures will come out.

?

dutchy

« Reply #1115 on: September 11, 2017, 01:30:10 PM »
i missed that you agreed that the eclipse (that actually happend) is concistent with the RE Model.
you also agreed that your posted pictures did not prove you claim of a flat earth.

I am trying to look at things from the opposite side too.....i think it is the only decent thing to do !
It seems to me it is considered very unique to change your views over here.
I understood the construction behind the heliocentric eclipse, that doesn't mean i believe it to be true !!

The mathematician from Cairo, Mustafa Abdelkader, wrote an essay something like  ''the geo cosmos....turning the world inside out'' in which he made a perfect mathematically inversion of all current cosmological observations and hypothesis.
I read it long before i researched flatearth.
It was so incredible fascinating that i wondered why so few had heard about it.
It was the first time i realised that there could be several plausible explainations for the things we observe from earth.

After examining Gemini, Apollo and the post WW2 America and The Sovjet Union, i became convinced that deepspace travel is made out of delusions of grandeur.
That leaves me to observations from earth and modest heights only !
I think it is still a discussion with many things to solve, but a spinning, tilted ball traveling 32 million miles per day through the vastness of space is not one of them anymore.
Each to his own, but the further i went, the more absurd the current cosmological model seems to me.
With it's 99% absent matter and energy and stars with the size of the diameter of Uranus' orbit around the sun.
And every decade it gets weirder and absurder, but cosmologists claim it to be exciting times where they unravel the mysteries of the universe......i think that they built stupidity upon stupidity to mask earlier stupidities.

That doesn't mean i can't validate certain claims in certain hypothetical models like the current dominant one.
And no pun intended.

« Reply #1116 on: September 11, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »

I am trying to look at things from the opposite side too.....i think it is the only decent thing to do !
I understood the construction behind the heliocentric eclipse, that doesn't mean i believe it to be true !!

The mathematician from Cairo, Mustafa Abdelkader, wrote an essay something like  ''the geo cosmos....turning the world inside out'' in which he made a perfect mathematically inversion of all current cosmological observations and hypothesis.
It was the first time i realised that there could be several plausible explainations for the things we observe from earth.

After examining Gemini, Apollo and the post WW2 America and The Sovjet Union, i became convinced that deepspace travel is made out of delusions of grandeur.
I think it is still a discussion with many things to solve, but a spinning, tilted ball traveling 32 million miles per day through the vastness of space is not one of them anymore.
Each to his own, but the further i went, the more absurd the current cosmological model seems to me.
With it's 99% absent matter and energy and stars with the size of the diameter of Uranus' orbit around the sun.
And every decade it gets weirder and absurder, but cosmologists claim it to be exciting times where they unravel the mysteries of the universe......i think that they built stupidity upon stupidity to mask earlier stupidities.

That doesn't mean i can't validate certain claims in certain hypothetical models like the current dominant one.
And no pun intended.

i like to check this text out, please give me a source where i can get this text.

it seams like you made up your believe with this text and all the reports of all the space agencies you see as a big lie and conspiracy.
than you even have to believe that the so called cold war between russia and the USA is a lie because they would have to work together to be able to generate this conspiracy.

must be a very powerfull text that it also can disprove all the research of the millions of scientists that support the global earth.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1117 on: September 11, 2017, 03:01:30 PM »
What qualifications do you have that convinced you of the "delusions" of deep space travel?

What's wrong?  Do big numbers scare you?

JackBlack

« Reply #1118 on: September 11, 2017, 03:34:25 PM »
You are a funny guy at times aren't you ?
No ? what ''no'' did i assume something ?
You can not transpose things that are measured on earth
You really don't understand do you?
They have measured things in space as well.

to the universe and say it is rock solid evidence for everything that occurs in the universe.
The scientific method relies upon a few assumptions. One is that Earth isn't special. Meaning if it works here, it should work elsewhere.

They can measure the unimaginable and lately even beyond all reason.....a disturbance the size of 1/10.000 of a proton's diameter to proof supposed gravitational waves.
In order to achieve such precision they built  a 4 km long head-vaporizing laser with a perfect wavelength detecting sub-proton space-time ripples.
Science doesn't deal with proof, it deals with evidence.
That is evidence of gravitational waves, regardless of if you like it. Also, it wasn't 1, it was 2 interferometers.

They can calculate the distance to the moon in mm.
Says who?

But the curvature formula is still flawed and roughly measured  !!!
Do you know why?
The curvature of Earth isn't constant.
It varies from place to place.
The radius at the equator is larger than the radius at the poles.

And to built a device that shows the curvature and curving ocean water is still absent in 2017
No. That has been done long ago. You just reject it.

We even have photos from space clearly showing the curve, and you just reject it.

More and more people dismiss ''your'' hogwash made out of a pendulum, sinking shipmasts, unlimited refractional magic and testimonies from some fantasy figures from Babylon and Greece long gone.
You mean reality, which you are unable to refute in any rational, honest way.

Also, we aren't the ones with refractional magic. That would be the FEers, making up pure bullshit to explain why the bottom of distant objects are missing, and why the sun appears to set.

If they can measure their precious gravity waves then asking for an accurate curvature calculator up to at least a mm for a perfect sphere with a circomference of 40.000+ km (all the way around earth ) shouldn't be a problem whatsoever.
We can do that, quite easily, but EARTH IS NOT A PERFECT SPHERE!!!
Do you understand that?

It also depends upon how you measure the drop and the distance, and requires a perfect measurement of the radius.

Even if it was a perfect sphere, you still have the atmosphere, which can have numerous different gradients in it (temperature, pressure, water vapour, density, etc) effecting the refractive index of it which can make the curvature appear more or less.

You aren't asking for a model of reality.
You are asking for a model of a straw man, but here it is:

So you have your radius sphere of radius R in a perfect vacuum so there is no atmosphere in the way, and it is a perfect sphere so no oblateness, no mountains or valleys, just a perfectly smooth and perfectly symmetrical sphere.
But which way are we going to measure it?
We have 3 options for h and d.
So which would you like:

Fortunately, there are simple formulas you can use.
a=d1/R.

tan(a)=d2/R, sin(a2)=d2/R
Thus a=atan(d2/R), a2=asin(d2/R)

sin(a)=d3/R
Thus a=asin(d3/R).

cos(a)=R/(R+h1)
thus h1=R/cos(a)-R

cos(a2)=(R-h2)/R
h2=R-R*cos(a2)

cos(a)=(R-h3)/R
h3=R-R*cos(a)

And you can also get other relationships:
(h1+R)^2=R^2+d2^2
R^2=(R-h3)^2+d3^2
R^2=(R-h2)^2+d2^2

And you can simplify them all (by taking approximations where a is small as is h compared to R, and that gives you h=d^2/(2*R).

Why are you buying that ''we'' crap ?
Did you go to the moon ?
We refers to humanity.

Numbers are irrelevant...thruth is !
And that is something you seriously lack.

And Gus Grissom's wife did reveal what scumbags the FBI are, to take away all Gus writings hours after he passed away....his relatives are sure he was killed.
Sure, they "know" he was killed, without any evidence of that.
In reality, they don't know, they just believe that.

You can still choose to join us and expose the liars or maintain part of the corrupt deceivers....I kinda like you and i think you deserve a better perspective.
We are exposing the liars. They are the FEers.

Don't you think it would be awesome to show people the curve over 5 miles using a rail or other device instead of looking to a ceiling where a fucking pendulum is attached !
Then you go buy the 5 miles of land and the rails and set it up.
And how are you planning on setting it up to show the curve?
How are you planning on verifying a level piece of ground (or other surface) to compare the height of the rails to?
Considering you are a paranoid delusional nutcase, what would it take to convince you?
Would you need to take your own tape measure/ruler to measure each point?
You can't use water because that could be carefully pumped in or out as you moved around, and you clearly aren't going to trust anyone to check it for you.

See, this is a common issue, you will find whatever excuse you can to dismiss it.

The only person that can convince you is you.
You have shown that you are not willing to trust others and will dismiss things they present as fake. As such, if you want something like this to convince you, you need to do it yourself so you can be sure there isn't any trickery going on.

An indoors facility to show the coriolis effect with live demonstrations and participation !
They have that, just not using Earth.
The effect on Earth is quite small for a small area.
The best you can get for that on Earth is Foucault's pendulum.

A huge telescope to look at satelites and the ISS orbiting earth !
Again, are you going to pay for this?
If not, people can already go out and buy telescopes or just binoculars to look for them.

An artificial mirage that shows objects out of nowhere after some air layers of different temperature are precisely injected at will !
You try injecting air at precise temperatures at will.

And how many of these locations do you want set up?

You know this will never happen, because they cannot show any curvature or spin, because it is absent !
No, it is there, and has been shown.
Just because people like you bury your head in the sand doesn't mean it isn't there.

Join us !!
No thanks. I have too great a sense of honesty and rationality to join a bunch of delusional, paranoid nutcases.

I live in one of the ''flattest'' countries in the world (The Netherlands) and have used the online curvature calculator on occasion to check what should be visible, to find out i can see things way beyond the curvature...not only over a body of water with all refraction problems, but also over our flat country that has many large polders (surrounded by dykes) that are flat as a pancake.
When you visit the areas as shown in the pictures, you will be amazed how far you can see on a good day !!
And believe me (or not) , i am not the only one that has seen way beyond the curvature in the Netherlands.
What do i have to photograph to make you people believe the curvature math is currently incorrect ?
None of those images showed any missing curvature.
In fact, unless you have significantly different sized and shaped wind turbines, the last one shows curvature as the bottom of the masts are cut off.

Even without that, you have the horizon. We know the atmosphere doesn't let all the light through. The clear horizon is an edge, and it isn't the edge of a flat disc Earth as that would be too far away. So it must be the edge of a round Earth.

What I want is for you to take a picture from just above a known lake (to get above any waves) of a known city across the lake showing the entirety of the buildings, down to the street level (when a lot should be missing), without any significant distortion (where that distortion would indicate it is a mirage), with evidence that the video is taken from that position.

Can you do that?

And when you do, should I then demand you prove the picture is real and not just shitty CGI or otherwise fake?

What would it take to convince you that Earth is made of cheese, but t is magic cheese which tastes like Dirt.
That is akin to what you are trying to do, convince us of something which all evidence (with can distinguish one way or another) goes against.

You are at a lake,....i live in a country that has dykes the length of 32 km  and a height of 7.25 meters. Ad my length of 1.86 m then my camera height is at roughly 9 meters !
Earth's curvature calculator says that over that distance 35.5764 m should be hidden (refraction excluded)
Here a picture of the dyke.
Do i really have to go there myself and take a picture over a 32 km long dyke to show you enough of the windmill to make a point ?
Or do you not consider this as proof when i precisely handover the exact numbers involved in such photograph ?
Once again, you have shown the curve.
When close to Earth (the first picture) you can't see very far at all.
When you get higher, you can, as the horizon is now further away due to the curve of Earth and your increased elevation.

And of course, you spout pure bullshit with your claims, which anyone with access to google maps (at least on a computer, can verify is pure bullshit.
The straight section of that dyke is only 22 km, not 32.

And that would mean you get 23 m hidden, much less than what you claim.
You can't even see the windmill in that photo.

Also, how tall is the windmill, and more importantly, can you see the bottom?

Just like the above, it would be proof, if you can see the bottom, and you can show that it was taken from that location.

And again, should I just call CGI or fake like you always do?

The only ass RiF kicked is his own.

The math is fine, the explanation is not.
For a round Earth goestationary model, you need to explain why the sun orbits us and all the planets except Earth orbit the sun, rather than all the planets, including Earth, orbit the sun.

With a flat model you need to explain why light bends and why it warps you when you (or light) go too far south.

A mathematical model does not make an explanation.
You can do the math to get any arbitrary reference frame.
That doesn't make that reference frame true.

It is akin to centripetal/centrifugal forces.
You can view it as what it is, merely the objects inertia wanting to go in a straight line and the apparatus having to turn it and apply the centripetal force to do so, or you can view it in the non-inertial reference frame and see it as a force pushing the object out.
Both have the math match the observation, but only 1 provides the explanation.

Why?

WHY?
I am yet to see anyone present any sound argument against it.

It seeming absurd to you doesn't mean it is wrong.
Especially as it is the best model for explaining observations.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:37:12 PM by JackBlack »

?

dutchy

« Reply #1119 on: September 12, 2017, 02:09:21 AM »
Within the boundaries of 400km.
Please stop continuing with your outerspace fantasy claims and cgi crap,.....it's beyond laughable.
Fact remains you can't use the findings within earth's realm for the rest of the universe since you don't know anyhting about 99% of it's properties.
Are you really that insanely gullible that you think you can draw solid conclusions about how the universe works without understanding it's properties, (dismissing the hypothetical crap of dark matter and energy) and the very limited boundaries of earth's realms ?
You mean reality, which you are unable to refute in any rational, honest way.
So the hypothetical universe is ''real'' all of a sudden,....based on 1% hardcore evidence.
And you dare to talk about rationality and honesty  :o :o :o
Also, we aren't the ones with refractional magic. That would be the FEers, making up pure bullshit to explain why the bottom of distant objects are missing, and why the sun appears to set.
Ahhh watching some flatearth video's lately ?
If you really think i am going to discuss the sunset on a flatearth with you, than you're out of your mind.
Do you understand that?
Stop it dude, these kind of reactions show what you are made of.
Of course it is not a perfect sphere......it is about the flawed formula ! It kinda works at short distances, but it becomes inprecise over larger distances up to thousends of km.
So when we would take a hypothetical perfect sphere with a circomference of 40.000 km and slice that in 4000 pieces of 10 km, how would such a piece of 10km look like compared to a perfect straight line of 10km. And i want it correct up to a 1/10.000 of the diameter of a proton not some roughly estimation. ;D (psttt the latter part was a sort of ''proton'' joke to underline my point of view before you waste your time taking it seriously)
Even if it was a perfect sphere, you still have the atmosphere, which can have numerous different gradients in it (temperature, pressure, water vapour, density, etc) effecting the refractive index of it which can make the curvature appear more or less.
In comparison with measuring some ripples that have the lenght of 1/10.000 of the diameter of a proton.....a piece of cake !!!!
You aren't asking for a model of reality.
You are asking for a model of a straw man, but here it is:
So much time wasted, because you have to interpret flatearther's post in a totally different way than what was written in the first place.
That is where RiF kicks your bud all the time.
Not because he is right and you are wrong, but your reading skills utterly and completely suck.
Then you post some lenghty rebuttal that has nothing to do with what people wrote or tried to implicate.
If you really think that i somehow think eartrh is a perfect sphere and all, you are out of your mind.
But your reaction is along those lines.....boy o boy.
We refers to humanity.
We killed 6.000.000 Jews during WW2,....or was it the Nazi's ?
We went to the moon, or was it NASA and their Apollo crew ?
You aren't the smartest now are you ?
Because they lived with Gus, and you did not answer that quote....how typical.
Do you really think a wife cannot tell if her husband is confident or getting more and more doubts about the whole Apollo project ?
You should read into some of her testimonies !!
We are exposing the liars. They are the FEers.
In order to do that, you should try to understand what they write in the first place instead of typing nonsense about suggestive quotes.
WHY?
I am yet to see anyone present any sound argument against it.
Stars the size of Uranus'' orbital diameter ?
Brahe warned for these kind of absurdities.....
And when you look at the stars wtih a large zoom from earth, there is nothing that indicates the bullshit about stars you seem to support.
But you can play the refraction card of course.....that explains why we see stars and planets so differently from earth compared to the solid CGI crap from NASA.

Hush up now .....and go receive some more stick from Resistance is Futile.
It seeming absurd to you doesn't mean it is wrong.
Especially as it is the best model for explaining observations.
So you have convinced yourself that those tiny lights you see are trillion km's away from earth ?
Good job ! And groovy observations bro.....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:19:14 AM by dutchy »

?

zork

« Reply #1120 on: September 12, 2017, 02:59:26 AM »
Please stop continuing with your outerspace fantasy claims and cgi crap,.....it's beyond laughable.
Fact remains you can't use the findings within earth's realm for the rest of the universe since you don't know anyhting about 99% of it's properties.
Satellite orbits are up to 35 000 kilometers and they measure various parameters looking away from earth. Satellites send back various data, not just images. For example IBEX satellite. Publications based on data from satellite. Yeah, links won't work but if you go to http://science.sciencemag.org/ and search for "Interstellar Boundary Explorer" you see publications. For others without link you can go to http://iopscience.iop.org/ and serach for "doi" which is mentioned for every publication. You can also browse data from satellite which is released to public - http://ibex.swri.edu/researchers/publicdata.shtml
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #1121 on: September 12, 2017, 03:25:12 AM »
If you really think i am going to discuss the sunset on a flatearth with you, than you're out of your mind.

Either you know that you can not explain sun set and sun rise because you do know it or you know that you are wrong and you would have to admit it.
There is no explanation how the sun can drop below the horizon on a flat earth.
If you refer to videos that use perspective as an argument than be aware that that argument is based on a false use of the tool of perspective drawing.

Till you do your trip to make the pictures as you promised, you could look into real science and learn stuff.

JackBlack

« Reply #1122 on: September 12, 2017, 03:44:26 AM »
Nope. Further out. Thanks for pointing out you don't bother reading anything. The moon alone is around 400 000 km, and people went there and tested some things, but there were others as well.

No. Your pathetic dismissals are beyond laughable. You are yet to show any of it is fantasy or CGI.

No.
The fact remains unless you have evidence Earth is special, we will continue with science as it has been done, assuming the same laws of physics apply everywhere.

And who says we don't know anything about 99% of its properties?

So the hypothetical universe is ''real'' all of a sudden,....based on 1% hardcore evidence.
And you dare to talk about rationality and honesty  :o :o :o
Yes, I dare to talk about rationality and honesty, something you seriously lack.
The real universe is real, not a hypothetical one.

Is that because you know it requires refractional magic?

Do you understand that?
Stop it dude, these kind of reactions show what you are made of.
Yes, they show I am getting sick and tired of your crap.

Of course it is not a perfect sphere......it is about the flawed formula
It isn't a flawed formula. It is applying the wrong formula, such as applying a formula for a sphere to a shape which is closer to an oblate spheroid.

It kinda works at short distances, but it becomes inprecise over larger distances up to thousends of km.
Do you mean the approximation, which specifically requires h to be small? Of course it gets imprecise. It is an approximation.
Try using the real formula based upon the real shape of Earth.

So when we would take a hypothetical perfect sphere with a circomference of 40.000 km and slice that in 4000 pieces of 10 km, how would such a piece of 10km look like compared to a perfect straight line of 10km. And i want it correct up to a 1/10.000 of the diameter of a proton not some roughly estimation. ;D (psttt the latter part was a sort of ''proton'' joke to underline my point of view before you waste your time taking it seriously)
I can only get it as accurate I can get pi to and it calculates square roots to.
I already provided the formula that would give you that. Why ignore it?

And did you completely ignore what I said?
You have 3 different ways to measure distance and 3 different ways to measure height.

I shall assume that as you are cutting it into slices, you are using d3 and for the comparison you are using h3.
If you read what I wrote you would find the formula:
R^2=(R-h3)^2+d3^2
Expanding that gives R^2=R^2-2*R*h+h^2+d^2
Thus h^2-2*R*h+d^2=0.
This is now a simple quadratic formula.
Remember that?
a*x^2+b*x+c=0, with the solution being x=(-b+-sqrt(b^2-4*a*c))/2*a.

Note: using +- for plus or minus

Well now a=1, b=-2*R (-12732, don't worry, I will use more digits in the calculation) and c=d(10 km) (and h is x).
So that means we get h=(2*R+-sqrt(4*R^2-4*d^2))/2=(2*R+-2*sqrt(R^2-d^2))/2=R+-sqrt(R^2-d^2)
Just as a quick sanity check to determine if we want plus or minus, R>>d, thus R^2>>d^2, thus R^2-d^2~=R^2, thus sqrt(R^2-d^2)~=sqrt(R^2)=R.
Thus the 2 values we get are ~=0 and ~=2*R. This one which is 2*R is the other side of Earth, so lets look at the one ~=0, which is what will give us our h.
So that means h=R-sqrt(R^2-d^2)=40000/(2*pi)-sqrt((40000/(2*pi))^2-100) km

I would use excel, but that doesn't give us lots of decimals.

So using Wolfram Alpha (I removed the last digit as it has ... so I wasn't sure if it rounded it correctly.
h=0.00785398647871119134918919277847171249806578020907104073 km
=7.85398647871119134918919277847171249806578020907104073 m

That good enough for you?
I can get more digits if you want.

Did you want a comparison with the trig way?
If so, from above:
sin(a)=d3/R
Thus a=asin(d3/R)
cos(a)=(R-h3)/R
h3=R-R*cos(a)

Thus h=R*(1-cos(a))

Thus h=R*(1-cos(asin(d/R)))
=(40000/(2*pi))*(1-cos(asin(20*pi/40000)))
=0.00785398647871119134918919277847171249806578020907104073 km

As a side by side comparison:

They look pretty darn identical.

And that is much more accurate than the simple "8 inches per mile squared" BS.

Before claiming that is wrong, make sure you explain why. Remember, this is pure math.

In comparison with measuring some ripples that have the lenght of 1/10.000 of the diameter of a proton.....a piece of cake !!!!
You mean measuring them in a carefully controlled environment, which is a vacuum so it doesn't have any atmosphere in there?
If so, then no, it isn't a piece of cake. Measuring the gravity waves is a piece of cake in comparison.

So much time wasted, because you have to interpret flatearther's post in a totally different way than what was written in the first place.
No, I interpreted it as written.
You demanded formulas for a perfect sphere. That isn't reality.

Perhaps you should write what you mean?

Here is what you said again:
asking for an accurate curvature calculator up to at least a mm for a perfect sphere with a circomference of 40.000+ km (all the way around earth ) shouldn't be a problem
Emphasis added.

Going to admit you were wrong?

That is where RiF kicks your bud all the time.
I'm yet to see him kick any one.

Not because he is right and you are wrong, but your reading skills utterly and completely suck.
Yes, I fucked up once because he posted a sentence that contradicted itself, so I answered according to one part, not the other part which contradicted the first part.

We killed 6.000.000 Jews during WW2,....or was it the Nazi's ?
We went to the moon, or was it NASA and their Apollo crew ?
You aren't the smartest now are you ?
Yes, we, as humans, kill a lot of humans.

Because they lived with Gus, and you did not answer that quote....how typical.
Living with him doesn't make them know he was murdered (or didn't you actually mean murdered and just meant he was killed in the fire?).

Which quote was I meant to answer?
Do you mean about getting people to prove crap to you which has already been shown countless times with you just rejecting it, which I then discussed?

Do you really think a wife cannot tell if her husband is confident or getting more and more doubts about the whole Apollo project ?
You should read into some of her testimonies !!
Then how you provide some, preferably with evidence that he was murdered?

In order to do that, you should try to understand what they write in the first place instead of typing nonsense about suggestive quotes.
Then perhaps they should write what they mean?
I typically do understand what they write.

Stars the size of Uranus'' orbital diameter ?
Your point?

Can you point out anything wrong with it at all?

And when you look at the stars wtih a large zoom from earth, there is nothing that indicates the bullshit about stars you seem to support.
How about you stop trying to look at it using a simple optical instrument and think of other ways to measure size.

At least you are no longer saying we need a tape measure.

But you can play the refraction card of course.....that explains why we see stars and planets so differently from earth compared to the solid CGI crap from NASA.
Again, you are yet to show that it is CGI.

So you have convinced yourself that those tiny lights you see are trillion km's away from earth ?
Good job ! And groovy observations bro.....
Yes, as they appear to just circle me (or a point along an axis passing through me) regardless of where I am on Earth and there is no detectable change in relative position (except for the sun) throughout the year they must be very far away.

I'm not a paranoid nutcase and thus will trust those that measure the distance, unless you can provide a rational reason to doubt them (i.e. not one based upon delusional crap or paranoia)

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1123 on: September 12, 2017, 03:52:18 AM »
Thanks for defeating the REtards dutchy ;D :D ;) :)....I only hope they will shut up now.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #1124 on: September 12, 2017, 04:07:11 AM »
Thanks for defeating the REtards dutchy ;D :D ;) :)....I only hope they will shut up now.

no we will never shut up.
and where did he defeat somebody.
he did not show one proof that support his claims.
everything he brought up got debunked.

we will see how his picture of the windmills will come out, he promised to to take them.

« Reply #1125 on: September 12, 2017, 04:11:00 AM »
also dutchy:

i still wait for the information of the text you were talking about in a post above.

please let me know where i can find this text.

JackBlack

« Reply #1126 on: September 12, 2017, 04:16:57 AM »
You might want to learn what defeat is.

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #1127 on: September 12, 2017, 04:31:10 AM »
I've come to the following conclusion, and I'll borrow this from an anonymous scribe with my own spin:

"Debating with a flat earther is like playing chess with a pigeon; they knock the pieces over, crap all over the board, and in the end strut around like they won."
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

?

dutchy

« Reply #1128 on: September 12, 2017, 04:47:11 AM »
Thanks, but they are drilled to comply with the system and the system urges them to defend their empty shell .....!

« Reply #1129 on: September 12, 2017, 04:48:36 AM »
Thanks, but they are drilled to comply with the system and the system urges them to defend their empty shell .....!
If only you could present some evidence to support your position

?

zork

« Reply #1130 on: September 12, 2017, 04:49:17 AM »
also dutchy:

i still wait for the information of the text you were talking about in a post above.

I think he made a typo in name. I guess the right person should be hollow earth proponent Mostafa Abdelkader.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:21:17 AM by zork »
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

?

dutchy

« Reply #1131 on: September 12, 2017, 04:57:57 AM »
I've come to the following conclusion, and I'll borrow this from an anonymous scribe with my own spin:

"Debating with a flat earther is like playing chess with a pigeon; they knock the pieces over, crap all over the board, and in the end strut around like they won."
Well i can make up my own prose....

''when you are a pawn on a chessboard, the rules forbid you to look behind,......because if you could, you'd be shocked to see who is giving you orders to execute their little games ''

Globers are such indoctrinated pawns that do not understand that others created their artificially constructed reality.
And those ''others'' do not care for you at all, because you ain't part of their private club ....you are just a pawn in a game they invented !!!
Look around in Iraque and ask the locals and understand what could be your destiny sooner than you think.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1132 on: September 12, 2017, 05:04:19 AM »

This paper mentions Mostafa Abdelkader, Turning the Universe Inside-Out. Ulysses Grant Morrow's Naples Experiment. by Donald E. Simanek
It explains that while it is mathematically indistinguishable from our "normal universe" it has serious problems.
This is mathematically justified, and reminds us that mathematical models are our own invention to describe what we observe in nature, and sometimes several vastly different-appearing models can equally well do the job. But, accepting this, we must realize that this mathematical reconfiguring of the space metric works near the earth's surface also, so the Naples experiment would be doomed to failure even if everything had been done perfectly. Not just light paths are warped in this model, but so are angles. Physically "straight" rulers are warped also and we wouldn't know it.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Any such model may seem simpler if you do only the easy part of the transformations! The fact is that they are simply not capable of reworking the physics that would support their hypothesis.
It's not much point in having a "mathematical model" that is perfect, but where the physics does not work.

Quote from: dutchy
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All the rest of your post seems to be simply a case of "it doesn't seem right to you, so it can't be right".

What follows "grew" rather longer than intended, so you might prefer to leave it at this point.

In its development, the Heliocentric Globe went through a couple (at least) of stages of just that objection - it did not seem right and the objections were perfectly valid considering the limited equipment and knowledge of the time.

Right from the earliest times, the sun was seen to be a great distance from the earth simply because its apparent size did not change as it moved from sunrise across the sky to sunset. Hence the sun was seen to be much larger than the earth.
Aristarchus of Samos reasoned that it was more logical for the smaller body (the earth) to orbit the larger (the sun) than the other way around.
We now know, from Newton's Laws of Motion and Gravitation that is how it must be, but Aristarchus did not know that.

But others of his time, and later Ptolemy, rejected the idea partly because such a large movement of the earth would make the positions of the fixed stars appear to move - stellar parallax.
The big problem at this stage with the Geocentric Globe was that the planets, when observed from earth, traced out very weird paths. Their movement in the night sky would loop back on itself in what is called retrograde motion.

So, right through till after Copernicus the Geocentric Globe was believed the true explanation. 

But, even then his Heliocentric Globe was slow to gain acceptance because, while it explained this retrograde motion of the planets, there was still no observable stellar parallax.

Tycho Brahe sought to clarify the situation with the most accurate measurements he could of the planet Mars in particular.
He was a very meticulous astronomer, and while did get very good measurements of Mars, he still could not detect any stellar parallax.
As a result, he proposed a fairly accurate hybrid Geocentric Globe model. The earth was still stationary with the sun orbiting it, but he had the other planets orbiting the sun, not earth.

Tycho Brahe's model fitted observations as well as did the Heliocentric Globe of Copernicus, but was still far from perfect.
It remained for Kepler to show that with elliptical planetary orbits the Heliocentric Globe fitted Tycho Brahe's  observations very well.

But the problem of the expected stellar parallax remained and it was not observed until 1838 by Friedrich Bessel.
The stellar parallax turned out to be far less than expected and far too small for Tycho Brahe to observe without a telescope.

So, we ended up with the Heliocentric Globe and it has been verified by unlimited astronomical observations and many earthbound measurements since then.

Gumwars

« Reply #1133 on: September 12, 2017, 05:04:28 AM »

Well i can make up my own prose....

''when you are a pawn on a chessboard, the rules forbid you to look behind,......because if you could, you'd be shocked to see who is giving you orders to execute their little games ''

Globers are such indoctrinated pawns that do not understand that others created their artificially constructed reality.
And those ''others'' do not care for you at all, because you ain't part of their private club ....you are just a pawn in a game they invented !!!
Look around in Iraque and ask the locals and understand what could be your destiny sooner than you think.

Looking at the syntax of your sentence, I'd be more than happy to revisit your writing after you get an education.  Until then I'll keep my understanding of the world and you can keep your... whatever the hell it is.
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

?

dutchy

« Reply #1134 on: September 12, 2017, 05:07:24 AM »
also dutchy:

Couldn't find the whole essay,.....seems to have vanished for the internet.
I read it like i said long ago and to clarify myself :
I do not believe in a concave earth, only that different models are hypothetical possible if you skip those laughable moon and mars missions.
Then it is to be seen what reality is.
For now i am a flatearther, because the evidence for a missing curve is overwhelming !

Zork pointed out my typo...it was Mostafa instead of Mustafa !

In 1981 Mostafa Abdelkader an Egyptian mathematician from Alexandria, revived and expanded upon Karl E Neupert's Geocosmos version of Cyrus' Ideas, from the year 1900. Unlike Cyrus' model which considers the heavenly bodies entirely as optical illusions, Neupert's model inverts the entire known cosmos into the concave model, stating that space shrinks / implodes via non-euclidean geometry, so as to fit an entire Copernican cosmos (C) into the comparatively finite boundary-envelope of the Geocosmos' (G) concave surface. In his paper that he submitted to the Australian science journal; Speculations in Science and Technology, in 1981 (which then gave a serious peer review of his full hypothesis in its 6th volume edition published in 1983), Abdelkader says:

“The enormous galaxies and other remote objects are mapped inside as microscopic objects, and our moon as by far the largest of the celestial objects, all of which revolve daily around the earth's axis. Straight rays of light are mapped as arcs of circles, so that all celestial phenomena appear to inside observers in G just as they do to outside observers in C. We next consider the hypothesis that, conversely, our actual universe is this finite G." (This idea entails the inversion of all known geo/astro physics.)

The main addition to Neupert's concept which Abdelkader addressed, is that light is eventually pulled toward the centre of the cosmos which shrinks inward. The arcs of light which travel toward the surface of the earth are absorbed, and those that are not continue travelling toward the centre of the cosmos as well as around it to the opposite side of the heavens than the sun. However they never illuminate the other side of the earth or its night sky because the wavelengths of light flow in accordance with the volume of space beyond the earth's surface, and are also subject to the black-hole like inertia of the cosmoses infinitesimal centre. Thus as they converge toward the opposite position of the heavens to where the sun is, they are simultaneously pulled in toward the centre.

Therefore the light which circles round to the opposite side of the heavens, never meets the sight of those who have the centre of the cosmos between them and the sun. Therefore an observer on the surface will experience night without a luminous sky, even though rays of light are actually traversing the space they look out into, this being because the rays are only in space and thus are never received directly into the eye.

(for those FES forum explorers who are limited in English terminology, “Geology” is the study of the shape of the Earth, its properties and in some sense its relation to the rest of the cosmos. Hence the name Geocosmos as in this model the Earth is the boundary of the cosmos)

JackBlack

« Reply #1135 on: September 12, 2017, 05:11:40 AM »
What, now are you saying we are in the Matrix?

I do not believe in a concave earth, only that different models are hypothetical possible if you skip those laughable moon and mars missions.
You mean the missions you are yet to point out anything wrong with.

For now i am a flatearther, because the evidence for a missing curve is overwhelming !
Really? I am yet to find any evidence for this missing curve, just repeatedly baseless claims of it, typically accompanied by something showing the curve.

(for those FES forum explorers who are limited in English terminology, “Geology” is the study of the shape of the Earth, its properties and in some sense its relation to the rest of the cosmos. Hence the name Geocosmos as in this model the Earth is the boundary of the cosmos) [/i]
Or you could just use the more basic etymology, where "geo" means Earth.

?

dutchy

« Reply #1136 on: September 12, 2017, 05:12:17 AM »
Looking at the syntax of your sentence, I'd be more than happy to revisit your writing after you get an education.  Until then I'll keep my understanding of the world and you can keep your... whatever the hell it is.
Please do !
Maar om even aan te geven wat voor oetlul je bent, schrijf ik even in het Nederlands zonder gevolgen.
Arrogant klein mannetje dat denkt het allemaal te weten.

The fact that you are here at the flatearth forums tells me what kind of person you are...

Gumwars

« Reply #1137 on: September 12, 2017, 05:19:29 AM »
also dutchy:

Couldn't find the whole essay,.....seems to have vanished for the internet.
I read it like i said long ago and to clarify myself :

Zork pointed out my typo...it was Mostafa instead of Mustafa !

In 1981 Mostafa Abdelkader an Egyptian mathematician from Alexandria, revived and expanded upon Karl E Neupert's Geocosmos version of Cyrus' Ideas, from the year 1900. Unlike Cyrus' model which considers the heavenly bodies entirely as optical illusions, Neupert's model inverts the entire known cosmos into the concave model, stating that space shrinks / implodes via non-euclidean geometry, so as to fit an entire Copernican cosmos (C) into the comparatively finite boundary-envelope of the Geocosmos' (G) concave surface. In his paper that he submitted to the Australian science journal; Speculations in Science and Technology, in 1981 (which then gave a serious peer review of his full hypothesis in its 6th volume edition published in 1983), Abdelkader says:

“The enormous galaxies and other remote objects are mapped inside as microscopic objects, and our moon as by far the largest of the celestial objects, all of which revolve daily around the earth's axis. Straight rays of light are mapped as arcs of circles, so that all celestial phenomena appear to inside observers in G just as they do to outside observers in C. We next consider the hypothesis that, conversely, our actual universe is this finite G." (This idea entails the inversion of all known geo/astro physics.)

The main addition to Neupert's concept which Abdelkader addressed, is that light is eventually pulled toward the centre of the cosmos which shrinks inward. The arcs of light which travel toward the surface of the earth are absorbed, and those that are not continue travelling toward the centre of the cosmos as well as around it to the opposite side of the heavens than the sun. However they never illuminate the other side of the earth or its night sky because the wavelengths of light flow in accordance with the volume of space beyond the earth's surface, and are also subject to the black-hole like inertia of the cosmoses infinitesimal centre. Thus as they converge toward the opposite position of the heavens to where the sun is, they are simultaneously pulled in toward the centre.

Therefore the light which circles round to the opposite side of the heavens, never meets the sight of those who have the centre of the cosmos between them and the sun. Therefore an observer on the surface will experience night without a luminous sky, even though rays of light are actually traversing the space they look out into, this being because the rays are only in space and thus are never received directly into the eye.

(for those FES forum explorers who are limited in English terminology, “Geology” is the study of the shape of the Earth, its properties and in some sense its relation to the rest of the cosmos. Hence the name Geocosmos as in this model the Earth is the boundary of the cosmos)

Some interesting facts about Mr. Karl E. Neupert.  He changed his name to Charles Neupert when his pamphlet on the crap mentioned above couldn't get traction, or sales.  He then refered to the ideas mentioned above were no longer his own but something he had developed based on research by a Professor U. G. Morrow.  This is the same Ulysses Grant Morrow that attempted to recreate the Bedford Level Experiment, made the same mistakes Rowbotham, but instead settled on the idea that the earth wasn't flat but concave.  So, we have an Egyptian idiot following a German idiot who got his ideas from an American idiot, inspired by the father of flat earth, Rowbotham.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1138 on: September 12, 2017, 05:21:03 AM »
If the RE'ers were to shut up, then that would only leave the FE'ers to discuss FET.  Then this site would truly die.

Gumwars

« Reply #1139 on: September 12, 2017, 05:24:36 AM »
Please do !
Maar om even aan te geven wat voor oetlul je bent, schrijf ik even in het Nederlands zonder gevolgen.
Arrogant klein mannetje dat denkt het allemaal te weten.

The fact that you are here at the flatearth forums tells me what kind of person you are...

No, you write like an idiot, carrying on about topics that you clearly know little about.  Tragically, the power to reverse this state of affairs is within your grasp yet you continue making a fool of yourself along with the small cohort that walks the same path as you.  You mistake my arrogance for frustration at the sight of a fellow human lost in the clutches of ignorance unable to understand the state they lie in. 

I'm here because a friend has decided to follow the same stupid path.  This is a person I respect and out of deference to him, I decided to learn more about this so called theory.  What I've found is a wild conjecture based on nothing but paranoia, ignorance, and an inability to discern the presence of those conditions.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:27:14 AM by Gumwars »