Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the Globe

• 1484 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the Globe
« Reply #660 on: August 23, 2017, 06:53:31 AM »
Again, tidal locking is actually fairly common in the solar system.
You mean between Pluto and Charon ?

This is the first real color photograph made by the new horizons probe...look at all those details ,yes clearly tidally locked ::) ::) ::)

You know it got much closer, right?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #661 on: August 23, 2017, 12:20:09 PM »
I've been on the road for a few days and there has been quite a bit of chatter in this thread, so I may have missed something related to the original topic, so a quick recap may be in order:

Opening post:

How will this Eclipse be possible on your Heliocentric model ?

<lots of good explanations showing exactly how this eclipse is possible>

And do you expect anyone to believe the your fictitious black sun can totally block full sunlight,
yet be invisible to radar and not even block radio astronomy signals fro near the sun. Pull the other one!

No I do not expected anyone to take my word .

This is the difference between someone normal like me and you Strange Heliocentric 's.

This I why I'm giving you a count down you now have eight days left.

Eight days until a video from a high altitude weather balloon shows the Moon is not eclipsing the Sun.

As I have said numerous times it is impossible for the Moon to be Eclispsing the Sun as the shadow moves the wrong way during the eclipse  (west to east)the Moon is also visable during the day and we would also see the Moon moving across the Sun.

@markjo

The Moon is in the wrong place during this Eclispe on the 21.08.17 the only logical explanation is something else is Eclispes the Sun.

This will be proven on the 21 st.

It's now the 23rd. We're still waiting for that "proof".

Where is the moon during the solar eclipse?

It's not in front of the Sun  ;D

We will see from some of the high altitude weather balloon footage provided by genuine honest people.

The only way to determine where the Moon will be in reality is to observe where it is via a high altitude weather balloon during the eclipse.

You talk about speed of orbit etc but you could actually verify the movement and position of the moon if you simply put in a little effort.  You verify the accuracy of any program or app you like simply by checking and going outside and looking up.  You won't.  Why not?
Could it be because you are afraid of what you will find?  Are you really that afraid?
Actually I don't think that's the case.  I think you're just a lying troll.
Prove me wrong, do any of the things I mentioned to find the path of the moon.
I dare you.
This thread is called Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the globe.

Now I'm not disputing that these apps can't determine the position of the moon on a average day.

They work well anytime except during an eclipse? Ooookayyy...  ::)

You're clutching at straws.

I also then explained that because of this the only way to determine the true position of the moon on the day of the said eclipse would be to use a high altitude weather balloon with a camera.

You didn't explain anything. You asserted that.

It would seem that everyone understood this apart from you.

You are a delusional stupid deceitful liar this thread and the two threads linked in my signature prove this.

You live in some sort of self concocted fantasy dream world claiming to have had meetings with astronots you are a ridiculous embarrassment to all of your Heliocentric brethren.

Heliocentric's like you do a good job of helping people realise the truth of the flat earth.

Nice rant. The eclipse occurred exactly as predicted. Things not going your way?

So... any videos from those high-altitude balloons lofted by flat-earthers yet? What did they show?

Did they show the moon over Asia at the time of the eclipse? How come we haven't heard reports from Asia that the moon was high in their sky as the eclipse was commencing?

Wouldn't it seem like the eclipse happening exactly as predicted by geodesy and the heliocentric solar system support those models, not debunk them? It would to any rational person.

The only decent one I have found is in  Wyoming where there is a 360 VR camera

The Moon is nowhere in sight.

Which proves the eclipse is caused by the black sun as the moon is visable during the day.
Hold on a second.

You said that the moon is nowhere in sight, but the moon is visible during the day.

So where the Th*rk is the moon if it's supposed to be visible?

It is obviously not in front of the sun.

On the other side of the world above Asia REtard where it is the middle of the night.

Contradict yourself much?

I'm looking forward to the videos from the flat earthers high altitude weather balloons.

Me, too. Problem is, those videos don't exist. Even if they did exist, they wouldn't show what you want to see. That's because what you want to see doesn't happen.

As the footage available on the Internet was just not acceptable considering it is 2017.

Poor baby. So go out and look for yourself next opportunity. Take your own video. Fat chance that happening, though, since that requires more effort than sitting at a keyboard and whining about other people not dishing up what you demand.

I also did not see any stars in the sky from the live feed in Wyoming as one of your Heliocentric brethren claimed.

Who claimed you'd be able to see stars on that particular feed? What were you expecting to see on a live internet feed? Why? What were the exposure parameters of the feed you were watching? How much compression was applied? Would they have been sufficient to show even the brightest stars in the night sky? If you don't know, then please stop bitching about things not meeting your wants.

If the Moon was a eclipsing the sun we would see it.

... and we do. What do you think the moon eclipsing the sun would look like?

The reality is the Moon is above Asia where it is the middle of the night ; end of.

Did your balloon videos show this? Can we see the one(s) you think conclusively show this? What about people on the ground in Asia? Did they see the moon high in their sky as the eclipse was occurring?

Let's talk about the Lunar eclipse  ;D

Your prediction that the solar eclipse would debunk known science failed. In fact, since the eclipse occurred exactly as predicted by science, it strongly supports the heliocentric solar system and geoidal earth models as being accurate. This would be obvious to everyone but you and a handful of others who believe what they want despite obvious facts to the contrary.

Now you want to talk about something else. Good idea. Maybe it should be another thread since...

You'd be better off just letting this thread slide into oblivion.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #662 on: August 23, 2017, 12:36:13 PM »

Why though? It's clearly one of his greatest contributions to this board so far...  :-\
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

« Reply #663 on: August 23, 2017, 12:38:27 PM »
I've been on the road for a few days and there has been quite a bit of chatter in this thread, so I may have missed something related to the original topic, so a quick recap may be in order:

Opening post:

<lots of good explanations showing exactly how this eclipse is possible>

And do you expect anyone to believe the your fictitious black sun can totally block full sunlight,
yet be invisible to radar and not even block radio astronomy signals fro near the sun. Pull the other one!

No I do not expected anyone to take my word .

This is the difference between someone normal like me and you Strange Heliocentric 's.

Eight days until a video from a high altitude weather balloon shows the Moon is not eclipsing the Sun.

As I have said numerous times it is impossible for the Moon to be Eclispsing the Sun as the shadow moves the wrong way during the eclipse  (west to east)the Moon is also visable during the day and we would also see the Moon moving across the Sun.

@markjo

The Moon is in the wrong place during this Eclispe on the 21.08.17 the only logical explanation is something else is Eclispes the Sun.

This will be proven on the 21 st.

It's now the 23rd. We're still waiting for that "proof".

Where is the moon during the solar eclipse?

It's not in front of the Sun  ;D

We will see from some of the high altitude weather balloon footage provided by genuine honest people.

The only way to determine where the Moon will be in reality is to observe where it is via a high altitude weather balloon during the eclipse.

You talk about speed of orbit etc but you could actually verify the movement and position of the moon if you simply put in a little effort.  You verify the accuracy of any program or app you like simply by checking and going outside and looking up.  You won't.  Why not?
Could it be because you are afraid of what you will find?  Are you really that afraid?
Actually I don't think that's the case.  I think you're just a lying troll.
Prove me wrong, do any of the things I mentioned to find the path of the moon.
I dare you.

Now I'm not disputing that these apps can't determine the position of the moon on a average day.

They work well anytime except during an eclipse? Ooookayyy...  ::)

You're clutching at straws.

I also then explained that because of this the only way to determine the true position of the moon on the day of the said eclipse would be to use a high altitude weather balloon with a camera.

You didn't explain anything. You asserted that.

It would seem that everyone understood this apart from you.

You are a delusional stupid deceitful liar this thread and the two threads linked in my signature prove this.

You live in some sort of self concocted fantasy dream world claiming to have had meetings with astronots you are a ridiculous embarrassment to all of your Heliocentric brethren.

Heliocentric's like you do a good job of helping people realise the truth of the flat earth.

Nice rant. The eclipse occurred exactly as predicted. Things not going your way?

So... any videos from those high-altitude balloons lofted by flat-earthers yet? What did they show?

Did they show the moon over Asia at the time of the eclipse? How come we haven't heard reports from Asia that the moon was high in their sky as the eclipse was commencing?

Wouldn't it seem like the eclipse happening exactly as predicted by geodesy and the heliocentric solar system support those models, not debunk them? It would to any rational person.

The only decent one I have found is in  Wyoming where there is a 360 VR camera

The Moon is nowhere in sight.

Which proves the eclipse is caused by the black sun as the moon is visable during the day.
Hold on a second.

You said that the moon is nowhere in sight, but the moon is visible during the day.

So where the Th*rk is the moon if it's supposed to be visible?

It is obviously not in front of the sun.

On the other side of the world above Asia REtard where it is the middle of the night.

Contradict yourself much?

I'm looking forward to the videos from the flat earthers high altitude weather balloons.

Me, too. Problem is, those videos don't exist. Even if they did exist, they wouldn't show what you want to see. That's because what you want to see doesn't happen.

As the footage available on the Internet was just not acceptable considering it is 2017.

Poor baby. So go out and look for yourself next opportunity. Take your own video. Fat chance that happening, though, since that requires more effort than sitting at a keyboard and whining about other people not dishing up what you demand.

I also did not see any stars in the sky from the live feed in Wyoming as one of your Heliocentric brethren claimed.

Who claimed you'd be able to see stars on that particular feed? What were you expecting to see on a live internet feed? Why? What were the exposure parameters of the feed you were watching? How much compression was applied? Would they have been sufficient to show even the brightest stars in the night sky? If you don't know, then please stop bitching about things not meeting your wants.

If the Moon was a eclipsing the sun we would see it.

... and we do. What do you think the moon eclipsing the sun would look like?

The reality is the Moon is above Asia where it is the middle of the night ; end of.

Did your balloon videos show this? Can we see the one(s) you think conclusively show this? What about people on the ground in Asia? Did they see the moon high in their sky as the eclipse was occurring?

Let's talk about the Lunar eclipse  ;D

Your prediction that the solar eclipse would debunk known science failed. In fact, since the eclipse occurred exactly as predicted by science, it strongly supports the heliocentric solar system and geoidal earth models as being accurate. This would be obvious to everyone but you and a handful of others who believe what they want despite obvious facts to the contrary.

Now you want to talk about something else. Good idea. Maybe it should be another thread since...

You are delusional.

Your explanation is pure fantasy.

The only reason NASA could predict the eclipse is because they have learnt how to use the 4000 year old Ancient Babylonian Saros Cycle.

Predicting the Eclipse Has nothing at all to do with your Heliocentric fairytale.

From some of the footage online I would say their timing was out aswell.

Their are many people online asking where the Moon was so I think you and your brethren are in for a surprise.

Flat earthers are not professional's so it will take them a while to edit and compile their footage.

There are few videos out already ; I'm going to wait so I can pick.

I notice your sticking up for your boyfriend the Badxtosser it's too late to save him I have already destroyed him and his reputation.

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False.

?

zork

« Reply #664 on: August 23, 2017, 12:52:32 PM »
The only reason NASA could predict the eclipse is because they have learnt how to use the 4000 year old Ancient Babylonian Saros Cycle.
Predicting the Eclipse Has nothing at all to do with your Heliocentric fairytale.
Sure it has. People even build mechanical devices which show when eclipse happens and where.

Can you provide something similar for the flat earth?
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #665 on: August 23, 2017, 01:00:55 PM »

You are delusional.

Their are many people online asking where the Moon was so I think you and your brethren are in for a surprise.

Flat earthers are not professional's so it will take them a while to edit and compile their footage.

I notice your sticking up for your boyfriend the Badxtosser it's too late to save him I have already destroyed him and his reputation.

Either you’re lying or don’t just plain don’t understand the Saros-Inex cycle.  As has already been brought it’s a time cycle predicting the periodicity of an eclipse in a given area. 

I provided you with all the information, links, etc. that proves you’re wrong.  The NASA Five Millennium Catalog of Lunar Eclipses explains exactly how it’s done.  It also shows that you are 100% wrong.  That is unless you can show how the methodology they describe is incorrect.  All your hand waving misdirection in the world is useless until you can prove it doesn’t work as NASA describes.

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCLE/5MKLE-214173.pdf

The math is testable but you won’t do that because it would prove you wrong...again.  Somehow, I don’t really think you care whether it works or not.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #666 on: August 23, 2017, 01:55:56 PM »
So you're saying that the geometry and movements of the earth/moon/sun system have nothing to with predicting eclipses? ???

I think that you're the one who is delusional.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #667 on: August 23, 2017, 03:55:06 PM »

You are delusional.

You're getting cause and effect reversed. We can explain why a Saros cycle happens using the modern (i.e. last few centuries) models of the earth and solar system. Without a better understanding than:

The Saros is a period of approximately 223 synodic months (approximately 6585.3211 days, or 18 years, 11 days, 8 hours), that can be used to predict eclipses of the Sun and Moon. One saros period after an eclipse, the Sun, Earth, and Moon return to approximately the same relative geometry, a near straight line, and a nearly identical eclipse will occur, in what is referred to as an eclipse cycle. A sar is one half of a saros.

The saros is not an integer number of days, but contains the fraction of   1⁄3 of a day. Thus each successive eclipse in a saros series occurs about 8 hours later in the day. In the case of an eclipse of the Sun, this means that the region of visibility will shift westward about 120°, or about one third of the way around the globe, and the two eclipses will thus not be visible from the same place on Earth. In the case of an eclipse of the Moon, the next eclipse might still be visible from the same location as long as the Moon is above the horizon. Given three saros eclipse intervals, the local time of day of an eclipse will be nearly the same. This three saros interval (19,755.96 days) is known as a triple saros or exeligmos (Greek: "turn of the wheel") cycle.

Each saros series starts with a partial eclipse (Sun first enters the end of the node), and each successive saros the path of the Moon is shifted either northward (when near the descending node) or southward (when near the ascending node) due to the fact that the saros is not an exact integer of draconic months (about one hour short).

[Emphasis added]

there's no way to predict where a total solar eclipse will be visible with any real accuracy.

The upshot is that, from some point on earth, if there was a lunar eclipse, another lunar eclipse would be highly likely at the same point three Saros cycles (about 54 years), later. Similarly, if there was a solar eclipse, another was likely (but not certain) at the same place a similar period later. There was a better than even chance that two lunar eclipses in a row would be visible one Saros cycle (about 18 years) apart.

Considering that modern predictions are accurate to about a second (uncertainty depending mostly on the topography of the lunar limb) and the edges of totality on the order of a km or so (for the same reason), predictions based on Saros alone are way too crude to be considered useful. In fact, identification of the Saros cycle a particular eclipse is part of is simply an interesting side note. The predictions come from the numerical model of the (heliocentric) solar system (including perturbations to the orbits of the earth and moon due to other solar system objects) and geoidal model of the earth's shape - and, in the highest-precision cases, ground topography.

Saros alone provides a reasonably good prediction that an eclipse will be visible at all from a particular place on a particular day or night. Little more.

You wish!

Do tell! Details in the form of facts and numbers, please.

In other words, how do you know anything about the timing of "footage online" and its veracity?

Yeah, sure. There are many people online wondering what the Kardashians are doing right now. So?

Edited? How about some raw footage? If true, this would literally be earth-changing! Or do they have to gin something up to make it say what they want it to say? If that's it, they should have started ahead of time in order to deliver on your promise.

So far, it's been more than ten days since you started that eight-day countdown. Still no video(s), still nothing "debunking the globe" [topic].

Yeah... sure. ::)

So far we have only your word for that. Call me a skeptic.

Why not save the comic routine and armchair psychology for the times you're looking in the mirror and spare the rest of us; it's not a good shtick. Instead, pony up some actual data to back your claims if you have any - I bet you have none? Let's see... from this post alone you've claimed you have evidence for:

"Timing is out" based on online video. Can you show how you've verified what you hope you see is accurate?

Videos from high-altitude balloons that show... something... "proving" that the moon is not what is between earth and sun?

All we get from you is bluster. No data, no facts.

Two days overdue and counting. We're waiting. I predict a very long wait.

[Edit] Punctuation.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:00:05 PM by Alpha2Omega »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #668 on: August 23, 2017, 04:37:39 PM »

You are delusional.

You're getting cause and effect reversed. We can explain why a Saros cycle happens using the modern (i.e. last few centuries) models of the earth and solar system. Without a better understanding than:

The Saros is a period of approximately 223 synodic months (approximately 6585.3211 days, or 18 years, 11 days, 8 hours), that can be used to predict eclipses of the Sun and Moon. One saros period after an eclipse, the Sun, Earth, and Moon return to approximately the same relative geometry, a near straight line, and a nearly identical eclipse will occur, in what is referred to as an eclipse cycle. A sar is one half of a saros.

The saros is not an integer number of days, but contains the fraction of   1⁄3 of a day. Thus each successive eclipse in a saros series occurs about 8 hours later in the day. In the case of an eclipse of the Sun, this means that the region of visibility will shift westward about 120°, or about one third of the way around the globe, and the two eclipses will thus not be visible from the same place on Earth. In the case of an eclipse of the Moon, the next eclipse might still be visible from the same location as long as the Moon is above the horizon. Given three saros eclipse intervals, the local time of day of an eclipse will be nearly the same. This three saros interval (19,755.96 days) is known as a triple saros or exeligmos (Greek: "turn of the wheel") cycle.

Each saros series starts with a partial eclipse (Sun first enters the end of the node), and each successive saros the path of the Moon is shifted either northward (when near the descending node) or southward (when near the ascending node) due to the fact that the saros is not an exact integer of draconic months (about one hour short).

[Emphasis added]

there's no way to predict where a total solar eclipse will be visible with any real accuracy.

The upshot is that, from some point on earth, if there was a lunar eclipse, another lunar eclipse would be highly likely at the same point three Saros cycles (about 54 years), later. Similarly, if there was a solar eclipse, another was likely (but not certain) at the same place a similar period later. There was a better than even chance that two lunar eclipses in a row would be visible one Saros cycle (about 18 years) apart.

Considering that modern predictions are accurate to about a second (uncertainty depending mostly on the topography of the lunar limb) and the edges of totality on the order of a km or so (for the same reason), predictions based on Saros alone are way too crude to be considered useful. In fact, identification of the Saros cycle a particular eclipse is part of is simply an interesting side note. The predictions come from the numerical model of the (heliocentric) solar system (including perturbations to the orbits of the earth and moon due to other solar system objects) and geoidal model of the earth's shape - and, in the highest-precision cases, ground topography.

Saros alone provides a reasonably good prediction that an eclipse will be visible at all from a particular place on a particular day or night. Little more.

You wish!

Do tell! Details in the form of facts and numbers, please.

In other words, how do you know anything about the timing of "footage online" and its veracity?

Yeah, sure. There are many people online wondering what the Kardashians are doing right now. So?

Edited? How about some raw footage? If true, this would literally be earth-changing! Or do they have to gin something up to make it say what they want it to say? If that's it, they should have started ahead of time in order to deliver on your promise.

So far, it's been more than ten days since you started that eight-day countdown. Still no video(s), still nothing "debunking the globe" [topic].

Yeah... sure. ::)

So far we have only your word for that. Call me a skeptic.

Why not save the comic routine and armchair psychology for the times you're looking in the mirror and spare the rest of us; it's not a good shtick. Instead, pony up some actual data to back your claims if you have any - I bet you have none? Let's see... from this post alone you've claimed you have evidence for:

"Timing is out" based on online video. Can you show how you've verified what you hope you see is accurate?

Videos from high-altitude balloons that show... something... "proving" that the moon is not what is between earth and sun?

All we get from you is bluster. No data, no facts.

Two days overdue and counting. We're waiting. I predict a very long wait.

[Edit] Punctuation.

You are incorrect.

You speak nonsense.

NASA did not predict the eclipse correctly.

NASA’S timing was out.

NASA’S  methodology and math's is incorrect.

NASA use the SAROS Cycle to predict eclipses.

This is why there timing was out.

This is a UK government site:

http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/old/saros_cycle.htm

This is an independent site:

http://members.bitstream.net/bunlion/bpi/EclSaros.html

« Reply #669 on: August 23, 2017, 06:37:56 PM »

NASA’S timing was out.

Oh? Without supporting data, statements like these are what are known as empty claims or unfounded assertions. All we know about them is that you can type whatever you want and post it to an internet forum.

NASA’S methodology and math's is incorrect.

Someone should believe that because you say so? Why should anyone believe you have even the slightest idea what their math and methodology is?

Do you have any evidence they do? Wishful thinking, assumptions, and speculation are not evidence.

This is why [their] timing was out.

I still don't believe you. Why should I? Do you have an example showing, conclusively, where "their timing was out"?

I would change my mind if shown reliable evidence. Something you simply make up and say is not reliable evidence. A time-stamped video is not reliable evidence unless the time stamps can be verified as accurate and accurately synced to the video.

Eclipses of the Sun and Moon occur in a pattern that repeats itself every 6585.32 days (just over 18 years), a fact that has been known since ancient times. This period is called the 'saros', a term first used by Edmund Halley which he took from a Babylonian word.

"Repeats itself" (approximately), about 1/3 of the way around the earth each cycle, for a while.

A "government site" can be trusted now? OK. Good to know!

If these 3 cycles repeated exactly every 6585.322 days, eclipses would repeat perfectly every Saros Cycle. However, these cycles are slightly out of sync with each other, causing the geometry of one eclipse to change slightly when its "Saros buddy" comes around 18+ years later. In particular, notice that 19 Draconic Years minus 223 Synodic Months is about 11 hours. This 11 hour gap is the key to explaining why Saros Families evolve over time.

In other words, they would repeat perfectly, except they don't.

Eventually each Saros cycle ends.

All this is what I already said. Saros cycles provide a rough guide when to expect another eclipse based on the circumstances of a previous one. Rough guide. We have a better model now - one that can can accurately predict the first eclipse in a new Saros cycle before it even happens, down to the second and kilometer! How cool is that?

Could the Sumarians do that?

« Reply #670 on: August 23, 2017, 06:46:55 PM »
You are incorrect.

You speak nonsense.

NASA’S timing was out.
What complete nonsense.  The time of greatest eclipse was off by ≈0.2 seconds and Lat/Long are off by a few arc seconds.  Pretty danged accurate.

Maximum eclipse :
Predicted time of greatest eclipse - 18:25:31.8, 36° 58.0' N, 87° 40.3' W
Actual time of greatest eclipse - 18:25:32.0, 36° 57.98' N, 87° 40.254' W

Source:
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/interactive_map/index.html
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEplot/SEplot2001/SE2017Aug21T.GIF

This is why there timing was out.

First, NASAs prediction were accurate to within mere fractions of a percent.  IOW, very accurate.

Second, are you seriously linking an astrology site for information about predicting eclipses.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:01:27 AM by MicroBeta »
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #671 on: August 23, 2017, 07:17:45 PM »

You did read your "independent site?
Eclipses and the Saros Cycle

So to predict future eclipses, we need to understand 3 interlocking cycles, namely:

The period of time from one new or full moon to the next. Astronomers call this the "Synodic Month" and have measured its average length as 29.53059 days.
The period of time it takes the Sun to travel from the Moon's North (or South) Node around the zodiac and back, called the "Draconic Year". Because the Moon's Nodes move backwards 19-20 degrees a year, the Draconic Year is shorter than the usual calendar year by several weeks. It's average length is 346.62005 days.
The period of time from perigee to perigee in the Moon's orbit, called the "Anomalistic Month". This period averages 27.55455 days.

The do really seem to think that the moon causes solar eclipses.

So your neo-Flat Earthism Religion is still as false as it ever was!

« Reply #672 on: August 23, 2017, 07:54:43 PM »
The time of greatest eclipse was off by ≈58.3 68.3 seconds and Lat/Long within half a degree.  Pretty danged accurate.

Maximum eclipse :
Predicted time of greatest eclipse - 18:26:40.3
Actual time of greatest eclipse - 18:25:32.0

Source:

??? Huh?

The interactive map (first of those links) shows Greatest Eclipse as: 36.9664° N (36° 57.98' N), 87.6709° W (87° 40.254' W) 18:25:32.0 UT. Circumstances at Greatest Eclipse from the gif (second link) shows 36° 58.0' N, 87° 40.3' W, 18:25:31.8 UT for circumstances at GE.

The locations are identical to the tenth of a minute precision provided in the gif, and the times agree to 0.2 seconds. Disagreement by half a degree in location and more than one minute of time between predicted and actual would be terrible!

Perhaps you were reading TD from one and UT from another, and comparing the location of Greatest Duration with Greatest Eclipse?

UT and DT differ by (wait for it...) 68 seconds!

are you seriously linking an astrology site for information about predicting eclipses.

He wouldn't be the first. Some data from astrological sites is actually correct. Much is either nonsense, obsolete, or both. "Readings" of the data are uniformly balderdash.

« Reply #673 on: August 24, 2017, 01:48:34 AM »
The time of greatest eclipse was off by ≈58.3 68.3 seconds and Lat/Long within half a degree.  Pretty danged accurate.

Maximum eclipse :
Predicted time of greatest eclipse - 18:26:40.3
Actual time of greatest eclipse - 18:25:32.0

Source:

??? Huh?

The interactive map (first of those links) shows Greatest Eclipse as: 36.9664° N (36° 57.98' N), 87.6709° W (87° 40.254' W) 18:25:32.0 UT. Circumstances at Greatest Eclipse from the gif (second link) shows 36° 58.0' N, 87° 40.3' W, 18:25:31.8 UT for circumstances at GE.

The locations are identical to the tenth of a minute precision provided in the gif, and the times agree to 0.2 seconds. Disagreement by half a degree in location and more than one minute of time between predicted and actual would be terrible!

Perhaps you were reading TD from one and UT from another, and comparing the location of Greatest Duration with Greatest Eclipse?

UT and DT differ by (wait for it...) 68 seconds!

are you seriously linking an astrology site for information about predicting eclipses.

He wouldn't be the first. Some data from astrological sites is actually correct. Much is either nonsense, obsolete, or both. "Readings" of the data are uniformly balderdash.
Yup.  I was wrong.  I was in a hurry and my wife was trying to talk to at the same time.  The half degree was me being lazy but you're right I mixed the times. 

Sorry about that. I've corrected my post.

Mike

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #674 on: August 24, 2017, 02:34:44 AM »
Time for more shill-triggering...

This is interesting:

https://www.freelists.org/post/geocentrism/solar-eclipse-explanation-failure

But this is much more interesting in terms of mad REtard cosmology:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/isql.html

Yeah, might wanna think about that last one!

I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

JackBlack

« Reply #675 on: August 24, 2017, 02:37:10 AM »
You are incorrect.
You are yet to prove that.
You haven't even come close.

You speak nonsense.
Nope. That would be you, like your nonsense about how an object can move around you with you looking at it at different angles and seeing the same face, without it rotating, which is pure nonsense.

NASA’S timing was out.
They did.
The "live" broadcasts, just like all "live" broadcasts are slightly delayed. Some by 30 seconds or over a minute.

Prove it.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #676 on: August 24, 2017, 02:44:42 AM »
Prove it?

Okay:

Time for more shill-triggering...

This is interesting:

https://www.freelists.org/post/geocentrism/solar-eclipse-explanation-failure

« Reply #677 on: August 24, 2017, 02:50:18 AM »

Well it was calculated down to the millisecond using that very same "model" you shameless FEtard of a flattard.

?

zork

« Reply #678 on: August 24, 2017, 03:06:58 AM »

No, I don't want to think about it. Maybe you can explain it in laymans term what this link is supposed to tell us. Or you just saw some fancy diagram there.
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #679 on: August 24, 2017, 03:09:25 AM »

No, I don't want to think about it. Maybe you can explain it in laymans term what this link is supposed to tell us. Or you just saw some fancy diagram there.
That link only applies if taken out of context and has nothing to do with Monday's eclipse.

Mike

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #680 on: August 24, 2017, 03:19:51 AM »

No, I don't want to think about it.

I bet you don't...

Because if you did, your entire mad REtard cosmology would fall apart instantly.

Thanks for confirming you're not here to Think, anyhoo...

Let's see exactly who you are again:

https://theethicalskeptic.com/2012/05/01/what-is-social-skepticism/

Yeah - that sums you up perfectly...

« Reply #681 on: August 24, 2017, 03:23:09 AM »

I bet you don't...

Because if you did, your entire mad REtard cosmology would fall apart instantly.

Thanks for confirming you're not here to Think, anyhoo...

Let's see exactly who you are again:

Yeah - that sums you up perfectly...
All zork wanted was a layman's explanation of what the website meant.

Mike

?

zork

« Reply #682 on: August 24, 2017, 03:36:00 AM »

I bet you don't...

No, it would not fall apart. I don't want to think about it because I am lazy and I wanted you to explain it in layman terms. But as you failed to explain it then its confirmed that you saw some nice diagram there and didn't understand a thing about it. If you can't explain it then why did you put this link even here?
-

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #683 on: August 24, 2017, 03:42:05 AM »
Said it yourself - you're lazy and you don't want to think about it...

But you're right anyway.

Typical pseudoskeptic behaviour...

?

zork

« Reply #684 on: August 24, 2017, 03:46:55 AM »
Said it yourself - you're lazy and you don't want to think about it...
And you can't explain it. Explain and I will think about it. But... you can't. I don't even say what it says about you.
-

JackBlack

« Reply #685 on: August 24, 2017, 04:16:45 AM »
Prove it?
Okay:
I didn't say link to crap. I said prove it. Are you capable of that?

As for your link, it is quite long and starts off spouting pure bullshit akin to claiming the HC model indicates the eclipse should move in the opposite direction, which was already refuted on this thread.
It also seems to be contracting HC vs GC, even though the 2 are equivalent for any observations like that.

So, like I said, PROVE IT!

Show the math they used is wrong.

JackBlack

« Reply #686 on: August 24, 2017, 04:25:02 AM »
And after reading it all, I can confirm it is the same refuted BS already brought up here. So no, not proof at all.

It seems to be repeating the same BS of "THE MOON APPEARS TO MOVE WEST SO THE SHADOW SHOULD AS WELL!!!"

WRONG!
The sun, which is the light source casting the shadow on the moon, appears to move east faster, which means the shadow would move west.
Anyone who says otherwise clearly hasn't thought about it honestly and rationally (if at all) or is knowingly lying.

They make all sorts of BS claims there which have already been refuted.

So, like I said, got any proof? Or do you just have pathetic childish crap?

« Reply #687 on: August 24, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »
You are incorrect.
You are yet to prove that.
You haven't even come close.

You speak nonsense.
Nope. That would be you, like your nonsense about how an object can move around you with you looking at it at different angles and seeing the same face, without it rotating, which is pure nonsense.

NASA’S timing was out.
They did.
The "live" broadcasts, just like all "live" broadcasts are slightly delayed. Some by 30 seconds or over a minute.

Prove it.

Your still speaking nonsense.

I said no such thing about " an object "
anyone that looks into the heliocentric model regarding the moon will see it is false and rely's upon magical gravity fairies to make it viable as I have already explained.

I was referring to the live broadcast I watched from Wyoming the Live VR one,  they had a countdown timer on screen and the totality was out with what was observed  so your 30 seconds out live broadcast time delay storie  is irrelevant.

?

zork

« Reply #688 on: August 24, 2017, 10:07:40 AM »
anyone that looks into the heliocentric model regarding the moon will see it is false and rely's upon magical gravity fairies to make it viable
I like to point out that flat earth has their equivalent magical fairies to keep things on ground. You are no better.
-

« Reply #689 on: August 24, 2017, 10:09:23 AM »
anyone that looks into the heliocentric model regarding the moon will see it is false and rely's upon magical gravity fairies to make it viable as I have already explained.

you talking BullShit.

because you are able to understand science does not mean than the science is wrong.

you have not done any explanation that works with the reality.