Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the Globe

• 1484 Replies

Dog

• Literally a dog
Re: Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the Globe
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2017, 12:39:53 PM »
The shadow of the eclips is projected on a globe from the side of the globe.
Just like how the curvature doesn't drop in a slope, but in increasingly growing numbers the more distance you cover, so must the speed of the umbra vary dramatically when projected from ONE side upon earth's globular surface.
Better said,......in the beginning and the end the shadow is striking Earth at a very oblique angle.
And therefore the speed of the shadow is much faster at the beginning and at the end.
BUT THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!
At the beginning of the eclips the shadow is much slower than the earth's huge relative rotation at that specific point
The shadow should move very fast from east to west before slowing down and reverse it's projected path to east to west.

We should see A REVERSED SHADOW TRAVELING FROM EAST TO WEST, because right at the beginning the relative rotation of earth is much greater/'' faster'' than the steady speed of the shadow.
You can simply check it with rotating a model globe and a light source.
In the beginning the shadow is much slower than earth's relative rotation in the specific rotational direction of earth's spin (moving uphill)
In the middle (''uphill'') the shadow is faster than earth's spin like we see in most animations.
It becomes infinite faster at the end (downhill) of the eclips before it ends.

What we should see is an umbra travelling east to west at the very beginning because earth's relative rotation compared to the shadow coming in from the side is at that point much greater than the steady velocity of the umbra ,.....
Very soon the shadow is catching up with earth's rotational speed and begins to overtake earth's rotational speed.

''uphill in the middle of the globe'' the shadow's speed is faster than the earth's spin.
The speed of the umbra reaches the extremes before leaving earth's globular surface.

Yep that is how a globe works when a shadow from the sides is cast towards a globe.
It doesn't matter that the moon moves itself for the same optical phenomena.
At the start of the eclips we should see an umbra from east to west,very soon fixed on the earth's surface, then moving west to east, reaching extreme speeds before it leaves the surface....
What great difference does a few days of thinking make ::)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #271 on: August 08, 2017, 12:55:15 PM »
It is now the right time to address the

"Elephant in the Room"

During a Solar Eclipse why is it not possible to see the Moon pass in front of the Sun ?
For the same reason that you can't see a new moon.

You're looking at the unlit (dark) side of the moon.

Everyone has seen the Moon in the sky in the day .
Have you seen a new moon in the sky in the day?

I have not once seen the Moon pass in front of the Sun during a Solar Eclipse.
Then what do you suppose is passing in front of the sun if not the moon?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #272 on: August 08, 2017, 12:56:42 PM »
You must of missed this my decrepit friend. ;)

What are you talking about?

This is my thread.

The thread is called :

Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the Globe.  (And it has)
I donít believe it has.  There isnít a single proof, equation, or analytical solution of any kind.  Hand waving and making unverifiable statements doesnít disprove anything.

It is NOT called.

Solar Eclipse explained on Flat Model.

As I have said before this will be an entirely different thread and will warrant more of my time.

You should do your own research if you are actually interested in the Flat Earth Model.

As you're Old I will give you a heads up :)

Are you familiar with the Ancient Babylonian Saros cycle ;)

This is the model that your Heliocentric brethren  have retrofitted their mathematics to.

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False.
It certainly is based on the concepts of the Saros cycle.  NASA says so in the Five Millennium Canon of Solar Eclipses so Iím not sure why you think itís such a big dea.  While Saros & Inex cycles provide a basis for an understanding of the periodicity/frequency of events, the current NASA analytical solutions use much more accurate numeric modeling based on the following:

ďBased on modern theories of the Sun and the Moon constructed at the Bureau des Longitudes of Paris rather than the older Newcomb and Brown ephemerides.
Ephemerides and eclipse predictions performed in Terrestrial Dynamical Time.
Covers historical period of eclipses, as well as one millennium into the future.
Global maps for each eclipse depict the actual northern and southern limits of the Moonís penumbral and umbral or antumbral shadows, as well as the sunrise and sunset curves.
Maps include curve of eclipse magnitude 0.5.
Maps include continental outlines with contemporary political boundaries and are large enough to identify geographic regions of eclipse visibility.
Maps are based of the most current determination of the historical values of ΔT.
Estimates of eclipse path accuracy based on the uncertainty in the value of ΔT (i.e., standard error in ΔT)Ē

All of which is contained in this Link.

You have shown NOTHING that contradicts this document so how can you say that the eclipse of 2017 debunks anything let alone the globe?

So when the eclipse comes off exactly as described by NASA using the methodology presented in Five Millennium Canon of Solar Eclipses, you will have proved nothing.

Debunk the Canon if you can.  The math in the Canon is well understood, has accurately predicted eclipses over and over again, and its results are repeatable.  This Canon contains all the assumptions, data tables, and equations.  It is the basis for predicting not only the upcoming eclipse all eclipses for a thousand years.  Posting YouTube videos or hand waving descriptions isnít going to cut it.  You have to attack the assumptions and the math.  Otherwise, your outta gas.

Mike

It is a big deal;  the ancient Babylonian's knew the Earth was Flat just like NASA do.

This is why as you said NASA use their model.

NASA do not have their own model because:

The Universe

The Globe

The Heliocentric model.

In reality doesn't exist it's all a fairytale.

This is why NASA have to use a 4000 year old model.

Lol.

Lol.

It is not for you to decide what " Cuts it "

I also do not care what you believe as you are not a normal person who can understand logical explanations that can be verified by anyone

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False..
All that proves nothing. If you had actually read the Canon you'd know the Saros cycle is only the basis for modeling the period and Not used actually calculating it.

If you had actually read the Canon you'd also know that everything else is based on more modern models and concepts not known to the Babylonian's...like the earth is a heliocentric globe.

If you had actually read the Canon you'd, again would know that using the Saros cycle to invalidate the methodology is just plain silly...unless of course you don't understand how it works.

Mike

Stop talking nonsense the Ancient Babylonian Saros cycle can accurately predict Eclipses.

Your Heliocentric matamatics are retrofitted to this 4000 year old model.

Lol.

Lol.

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is Finished.

« Reply #273 on: August 08, 2017, 12:59:20 PM »

"Elephant in the Room"

During a Solar Eclipse why is it not possible to see the Moon pass in front of the Sun ?

Yes I have seen a full moon in the Sky in the day.

Are you saying the Moon is invisible in the day ?

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #274 on: August 08, 2017, 01:01:56 PM »
The shadow of the eclips is projected on a globe from the side of the globe.
Just like how the curvature doesn't drop in a slope, but in increasingly growing numbers the more distance you cover, so must the speed of the umbra vary dramatically when projected from ONE side upon earth's globular surface.
Better said,......in the beginning and the end the shadow is striking Earth at a very oblique angle.
And therefore the speed of the shadow is much faster at the beginning and at the end.
BUT THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!
At the beginning of the eclips the shadow is much slower than the earth's huge relative rotation at that specific point
The shadow should move very fast from east to west before slowing down and reverse it's projected path to east to west.

We should see A REVERSED SHADOW TRAVELING FROM EAST TO WEST, because right at the beginning the relative rotation of earth is much greater/'' faster'' than the steady speed of the shadow.
You can simply check it with rotating a model globe and a light source.

In the beginning the shadow is much slower than earth's relative rotation in the specific rotational direction of earth's spin (moving uphill)
In the middle (''uphill'') the shadow is faster than earth's spin like we see in most animations.
It becomes infinite faster at the end (downhill) of the eclips before it ends.

What we should see is an umbra travelling east to west at the very beginning because earth's relative rotation compared to the shadow coming in from the side is at that point much greater than the steady velocity of the umbra ,.....
Very soon the shadow is catching up with earth's rotational speed and begins to overtake earth's rotational speed.

''uphill in the middle of the globe'' the shadow's speed is faster than the earth's spin.
The speed of the umbra reaches the extremes before leaving earth's globular surface.

Yep that is how a globe works when a shadow from the sides is cast towards a globe.
It doesn't matter that the moon moves itself for the same optical phenomena.
At the start of the eclips we should see an umbra from east to west,very soon fixed on the earth's surface, then moving west to east, reaching extreme speeds before it leaves the surface....
What great difference does a few days of thinking make ::)

Sorry, but this is BS. Earth rotation remains constant, same goes for the lateral moving umbra/penumbra by the Moon. But since it's projected on a sphere it actually travels much faster on it's path when entering or leaving the sphere because of the curvature, and furthermore any point on the radius on a revolving Earth would reach it's peak lateral velocity when being directly aligned to any reference point (like the Sun) and the slowest (zero lateral velocity, actually) when being perpendicular, so you got that all wrong again.

Look at this:

and the blue cosinus animation here:

Now think again.  ::)
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #275 on: August 08, 2017, 01:19:12 PM »
I do not get confused like you Heliocentrics.
No, you appear to get confused like an FE'er.

You have an inability to understand simple explanations or you are deceitful.
You appear to be both.

And if you read your post you will see you have rotational velocity and angular velocity confused as you claimed the angular velocity of the Earth is a 1000 mph.
You have debunked your own explanation.
Oh?  How so?

Any normal person can understand that as the moon's total orbital path is 27 to 29 days and 1.5 million miles it would have to travel at least a 190000 miles to cross the USA west to east because it is 200000 miles away on your Heliocentric model and in reality the USA is nearly 3000 miles wide so we could say that is roughly 12.5% of the alleged circumfrence of your imaginary Globe which to keep it simple represents roughly 12.5% of the Moons orbital path.
Would you care to show the math that proves what you say?

In reality any normal person will know it is impossible for the Moons shadow to travel west to east as they see the Moon rise in the East and set in the West EVERYDAY.
Well, I guess that makes me smarter than a normal person.

It is also impossible as shown in the first video I posted at the start of the thread because the earth's angular velocity on your model is 27 times greater than the Moon's actual velocity.
And you can't seem to understand that comparing the earth's angular velocity to the moon's orbital velocity is a fallacy.

You have failed to take into account that the Solar Eclipse is visable in the Sky and it is the Earth's alleged angular Velocity as you and your colleague's have agreed that determines what we see in the sky.
We see the moon transit the sun in the sky, but the moon's shadow is being cast on the earth.

A video that describes the orbit of the Moon on your Heliocentric model.

*yawn*  Yet another YouTuber that doesn't understand how orbits and circular motion work.

Light travels in straight lines .

The Eclispe is caused by the moon passing between the sun and the earth.

The Sun has to be directly behind the Moon and the Earth has to be directly in front of the Moon.

An object shadow will follow the object when the light source is directly behind it.

You are now claiming the Moon moves in the opposite direction to what is observed this would be the only possible way that the Moon's shadow can move west to East when the light source which is the Sun is directly behind it.
*yawn*  Getting too tired to respond to the rest of your tripe. 

I'll just leave you with this to ponder:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:22:38 PM by markjo »

« Reply #276 on: August 08, 2017, 01:21:28 PM »

"Elephant in the Room"

He asked about the new moon

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #277 on: August 08, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »

"Elephant in the Room"

Are you saying that a solar eclipse can happen during a full moon?

Your arguments are getting more and more pathetic.

« Reply #278 on: August 08, 2017, 02:06:51 PM »

You appear to be both.

And if you read your post you will see you have rotational velocity and angular velocity confused as you claimed the angular velocity of the Earth is a 1000 mph.
Oh?  How so?

Any normal person can understand that as the moon's total orbital path is 27 to 29 days and 1.5 million miles it would have to travel at least a 190000 miles to cross the USA west to east because it is 200000 miles away on your Heliocentric model and in reality the USA is nearly 3000 miles wide so we could say that is roughly 12.5% of the alleged circumfrence of your imaginary Globe which to keep it simple represents roughly 12.5% of the Moons orbital path.

In reality any normal person will know it is impossible for the Moons shadow to travel west to east as they see the Moon rise in the East and set in the West EVERYDAY.

It is also impossible as shown in the first video I posted at the start of the thread because the earth's angular velocity on your model is 27 times greater than the Moon's actual velocity.
And you can't seem to understand that comparing the earth's angular velocity to the moon's orbital velocity is a fallacy.

You have failed to take into account that the Solar Eclipse is visable in the Sky and it is the Earth's alleged angular Velocity as you and your colleague's have agreed that determines what we see in the sky.
We see the moon transit the sun in the sky, but the moon's shadow is being cast on the earth.

*yawn*  Yet another YouTuber that doesn't understand how orbits and circular motion work.

The Sun has to be directly behind the Moon and the Earth has to be directly in front of the Moon.

An object shadow will follow the object when the light source is directly behind it.

You are now claiming the Moon moves in the opposite direction to what is observed this would be the only possible way that the Moon's shadow can move west to East when the light source which is the Sun is directly behind it.

You are not very intelligent are you?

All you had to do is admit you made a mistake.

It would seem you Heliocentrics are incapable of  doing this.

You and your Heliocentric brethren have said the angular velocity of the earth is a 1000 mph .

This can be verified by the readers in the qoute above.

Angular velocity is measured in radians.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/angular-velocity-rotational-velocity

It is you and your brethren  that are confused.

http://www.livephysics.com/physical-constants/mechanics-pc/angular-speed-earth/

You are fooling no one with your heliocentric nonsense.

It is impossible for the path of the solar eclipse to move in completely the opposite direction to the moon.

The moon rises in the East and sets in th west.

The Solar Eclipse starts in the west and finishes if the East.

The Earth's angular velocity which Is one rotation every 24 hrs is 27 times faster than the Moon's velocity.

This is why the moon allegedly rises in the east and sets in the west.

If the Moon's velocity was greater than the angular velocity of the earth the Moon would rise in the West and set in the East it would also have to orbit the earth more than once every 24 hours to achieve this.

Here is a description of a solar eclipse on your model.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse

It clearly says the eclipse is caused when the moon passes in front of the sun.

The moon takes 27 days to orbit the earth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbit_of_the_Moon

On your model the Sun is stationary regarding it's position to the earth and the moon

.http://kidseclipse.com/sun-earth-moon-move/

I choose this link so you Stupid and gullable Heliocentric's can try to understand how and why the upcoming Solar Eclipse is impossible on your model.

It is impossible for an objects shadow to move in the opposite direction to the said object when the light source is stationary.

The only way this would be possible on your model would be if the Sun was moving millions of miles in relation to the earth and did not maintain it's alleged position in the centre of the solar system.

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-sun-the-center-of-the-solar-system-Why

So I will tell you again it is impossible for the Moon to cast a shadow on the Earth that is 24 times smaller than itself.

So I will tell you again it is impossible for the Solar Eclipse to move across the Earth west to East which is the opposite direction to the moon on your Heliocentric model.

Your Heliocentric model does not match reality as such your Heliocentric model is false.

Part one

Part two

The readers will make their own minds up .

;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:09:05 PM by Resistance.is.Futile »

« Reply #279 on: August 08, 2017, 02:20:30 PM »
I thought I would give you Heliocentrics some " food for thought "
There are millions of Americans that know the true shape of the Earth.

On th 21.08.17 Solar Eclispe 1000's of these people will send high altitude weather balloons up to over a 100000 feet.

These high altitude weather balloons will show the Eclisped Sun from high altitude they will also show the Moon which will be 180 degrees away from the Eclisped Sun.

These Videos will completely debunk your Heliocentric fairytale just as I have done in this thread.

Enjoy the next 13 days

Lol.

Lol.

I wrote a bit of a theatrical sketch yesterday but wasted it on another thread.

RIF :

The upcoming Solar Eclipse is impossible on your model.

ty:

You lunatic !

Have you been on those Disco beans?

RIF :

No I don't touch recreational drugs.

The Sun is relatively stationary to the Earth.

The Moon takes 27 days to orbit the earth .

That said if the Earth's angular velocity was zero it would be impossible to see the Moon move with the naked eye.

With that in mind let's say the Moon is in reality moving extremely slowly around the Earth.

ty :

Yes I agree and your point is ?

RIF :

As the Sun is stationary and gigantic on your heliocentric model  and the Moon in reality moves extremely slowly and the cause of a solar Eclispe on your model is when the Moon "PASSES" between the Sun and the Earth it would be impossible for the Eclispe to last a few minutes on your model.

It would also be impossible for the Shadow which is 24 times smaller than the Moon itself to move west to east across the USA in a matter of hours.

We know in reality as the Moon takes 27 days to orbit the Earth it would take nearly a week to travel  across the USA.

ty

Your wrong RIF you have forgot about the angular velocity of the Earth
which Is 27 times greater than the actual velocity of the Moon this causes the Moon to rise in the East and Set in the west.

RIF :

Yes that is correct ty if you look out your window you will see that the Moon rises in the East and sets in the west this is due to the angular velocity of the earth now you have grasped how your model works you will understand that the Sun is directly behind the Moon and the Earth is directly in front of the Moon as light travels in straight lines the only place for the Moon's shadow to be is directly underneath it.

ty

I see now RIF you are right!

It would seem these Heliocentric's will say anything to defend their religion even if it's nonsensical and contradict's their model .

RIF

Agreed.

The End.

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:26:47 PM by Resistance.is.Futile »

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #280 on: August 08, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »
You will need to stare directly at the sun without any type of filters or lenses....

Be sure to stare for the entire duration.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #281 on: August 08, 2017, 02:29:38 PM »
You will need to stare directly at the sun without any type of filters or lenses....

Be sure to stare for the entire duration.

That wouldn't do anything to me .
 ;)

My Father is from the carribean.

I have strong skin and strong eyes that have a natural defense against the Sun's rays.

;D

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #282 on: August 08, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »
RIF is a complete dumbass if he doesn't know that staring directly at the total eclipsed sun will literally blind you.

Edit: Staring at the fully eclipsed sun is fine, just not before or after.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:59:19 PM by Albert Wesker »
You just got Weskered, bitches!

« Reply #283 on: August 08, 2017, 02:36:49 PM »

This is my thread.

The thread is called :

I donít believe it has.  There isnít a single proof, equation, or analytical solution of any kind.  Hand waving and making unverifiable statements doesnít disprove anything.

It is NOT called.

As I have said before this will be an entirely different thread and will warrant more of my time.

You should do your own research if you are actually interested in the Flat Earth Model.

This is the model that your Heliocentric brethren  have retrofitted their mathematics to.

It certainly is based on the concepts of the Saros cycle.  NASA says so in the Five Millennium Canon of Solar Eclipses so Iím not sure why you think itís such a big dea.  While Saros & Inex cycles provide a basis for an understanding of the periodicity/frequency of events, the current NASA analytical solutions use much more accurate numeric modeling based on the following:

ďBased on modern theories of the Sun and the Moon constructed at the Bureau des Longitudes of Paris rather than the older Newcomb and Brown ephemerides.
Covers historical period of eclipses, as well as one millennium into the future.
Global maps for each eclipse depict the actual northern and southern limits of the Moonís penumbral and umbral or antumbral shadows, as well as the sunrise and sunset curves.
Maps include continental outlines with contemporary political boundaries and are large enough to identify geographic regions of eclipse visibility.
Maps are based of the most current determination of the historical values of ΔT.
Estimates of eclipse path accuracy based on the uncertainty in the value of ΔT (i.e., standard error in ΔT)Ē

You have shown NOTHING that contradicts this document so how can you say that the eclipse of 2017 debunks anything let alone the globe?

So when the eclipse comes off exactly as described by NASA using the methodology presented in Five Millennium Canon of Solar Eclipses, you will have proved nothing.

Debunk the Canon if you can.  The math in the Canon is well understood, has accurately predicted eclipses over and over again, and its results are repeatable.  This Canon contains all the assumptions, data tables, and equations.  It is the basis for predicting not only the upcoming eclipse all eclipses for a thousand years.  Posting YouTube videos or hand waving descriptions isnít going to cut it.  You have to attack the assumptions and the math.  Otherwise, your outta gas.

Mike

It is a big deal;  the ancient Babylonian's knew the Earth was Flat just like NASA do.

The Universe

The Globe

The Heliocentric model.

Lol.

Lol.

I also do not care what you believe as you are not a normal person who can understand logical explanations that can be verified by anyone

All that proves nothing. If you had actually read the Canon you'd know the Saros cycle is only the basis for modeling the period and Not used actually calculating it.

If you had actually read the Canon you'd also know that everything else is based on more modern models and concepts not known to the Babylonian's...like the earth is a heliocentric globe.

If you had actually read the Canon you'd, again would know that using the Saros cycle to invalidate the methodology is just plain silly...unless of course you don't understand how it works.

Mike

Stop talking nonsense the Ancient Babylonian Saros cycle can accurately predict Eclipses.

Lol.

Lol.

You're too funny. Your just repeating yourself without anything to back it up.

It's obvious you haven't read the document because it completely contradicts your comments.

How can you have any credibility of you can't even be bothered to fake
it and make you claims match the Canon.

You just keep up with the hand waving because it seems that's all you're willing to do.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82Ę to produce a penny, putting in your 2Ę if really worth 3.64Ę.

« Reply #284 on: August 08, 2017, 03:04:19 PM »

This is my thread.

The thread is called :

It is NOT called.

Mike

The Universe

The Globe

The Heliocentric model.

Lol.

Lol.

Mike

Lol.

Lol.

It's obvious you haven't read the document because it completely contradicts your comments.

You just keep up with the hand waving because it seems that's all you're willing to do.

Mike
You Heliocentrics are very strange you post some form of nonsense then ask me to argue about it.

Why should I make my claims match the Canon?

The Ancient Babylonian Saros cycle.

The Ancient Babylonian's could predict Eclispes to the second.

The Ancient Babylonian's could predict the exact location of an Eclipse.

The Ancient Babylonian's could predict  Eclipses thousands of years into their future.

The Ancient Babylonian's knew the Earth was Flat.

The Ancient Babylonian's existed overy 4000 years ago.

You have admitted yourself that NASA use this Saros cycle.

This is because NASA know the Earth is Flat just as the Babylonian's did.

http://members.bitstream.net/bunlion/bpi/EclSaros.html

As I have said I will cover this in great detail shortly in the future when I have the time.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:14:08 PM by Resistance.is.Futile »

« Reply #285 on: August 08, 2017, 03:57:58 PM »

This is my thread.

The thread is called :

It is NOT called.

Mike

The Universe

The Globe

The Heliocentric model.

Lol.

Lol.

Mike

Lol.

Lol.

Mike
You Heliocentrics are very strange you post some form of nonsense then ask me to argue about it.

The Ancient Babylonian's could predict  Eclipses thousands of years into their future.

As I have said I will cover this in great detail shortly in the future when I have the time.

I don't know what you think that video proves but it certainly doesn't debunk round earth or the reason for eclipses.
And the section on Crepuscular rays was laughable considering how often flat earthers throw around perspective.
There's just a lot wrong there and a lot that doesn't fit observable reality.

« Reply #286 on: August 08, 2017, 04:01:48 PM »
I think you need to read each of your references over again, and over again, until you understand what is really  there. just part of a reference follows.
ď
Path
During a central eclipse, the Moon's umbra (or antumbra, in the case of an annular eclipse) moves rapidly from west to east across the Earth. The Earth is also rotating from west to east, at about 28 km/min at the Equator, but as the Moon is moving in the same direction as the Earth's spin at about 61 km/min, the umbra almost always appears to move in a roughly west-east direction across a map of the Earth at the speed of the Moon's orbital velocity minus the Earth's rotational velocity.[24]
The width of the track of a central eclipse varies according to the relative apparent diameters of the Sun and Moon. In the most favourable circumstances, when a total eclipse occurs very close to perigee, the track can be up to 267 km (166 mi) wide and the duration of totality may be over 7 minutes.[25] Outside of the central track, a partial eclipse is seen over a much larger area of the Earth. Typically, the umbra is 100Ė160 km wide, while the penumbral diameter is in excess of 6400 km.[26]
ď https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse

it is apparent that you donít understand what was stated above, since that you say that is impossible.

let us take another look at it.
The apparent motion of all solar objects, sun, moon, planets, and stars; Is due to the rotation of earth. There are other motions to be considered.
all the planets orbit around the sun, Earth being one of them.
 The moon orbiting the Earth in a counterclockwise motion.
The Earth rotation in a counterclockwise rotation.
The counter clockwise rotation of Earth Is why we have the appearance of the sun and moon rising in the east. When you compare the motion of the Sun and Moon, you will see that the moon moves from west to east, you ask how was this? Pick a time, anytime, Mark the Moon location, in 24 hours, once again mark the Moon location, repeat the process; and you will note the moon moves from west to east on a daily basis.
 with a waning moon,  it will be seen during the day,  coming close to a  new moon,  the solar eclipse, happens at the new moon.  with the moon moving from west to east, for that short time the shadow crosses the earth, as the moon moves to the east.  the rotation of the earth,  only changes the time and location of where the shadow is cast.  This is the results of all the numbers,  that have been stated before and elsewhere,  if I were to try to put the numbers in they just would  cloud the issue.
In 14 days  this eclipse  will be over, and its motion will be as predicted, proving that the earth is a globe.  and I am sure that you will be able to find  a live broadcast,  on TV or cable or  Internet.

Here is the real kicker the stars
ďThis eclipse will give you a fine opportunity to gauge the brightness of the sky, because during totality observers will be able to briefly see the stars and constellations that are visible at night during the opposite season Ė that is, late February.  
Indeed, stretched across the western and southwestern sky will be the bright stars of the winter season: Orion and his retinue, Canis Major and Minor, Gemini, Auriga, and Taurus. Each of these constellations contains at least one star of magnitude 1 or greater. However, August can be rather hazy, especially over the southeast U.S. If this is the case, the sky background may be quite bright even at mid-totality, and Venus may be the only visible object.Ē
 [The Brightest Stars in the Sky: A Starry Countdown]
https://www.space.com/36721-stars-planets-visible-during-solar-eclipse.html

The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #287 on: August 08, 2017, 04:14:09 PM »

You appear to be both.

Oh?  How so?

You and your Heliocentric brethren have said the angular velocity of the earth is a 1000 mph .

It is impossible for the path of the solar eclipse to move in completely the opposite direction to the moon.

The Earth's angular velocity which Is one rotation every 24 hrs is 27 times faster than the Moon's velocity.

If the Moon's velocity was greater than the angular velocity of the earth the Moon would rise in the West and set in the East it would also have to orbit the earth more than once every 24 hours to achieve this.

On your model the Sun is stationary regarding it's position to the earth and the moon

I choose this link so you Stupid and gullable Heliocentric's can try to understand how and why the upcoming Solar Eclipse is impossible on your model.

It is impossible for an objects shadow to move in the opposite direction to the said object when the light source is stationary.

The only way this would be possible on your model would be if the Sun was moving millions of miles in relation to the earth and did not maintain it's alleged position in the centre of the solar system.

So I will tell you again it is impossible for the Moon to cast a shadow on the Earth that is 24 times smaller than itself.

So I will tell you again it is impossible for the Solar Eclipse to move across the Earth west to East which is the opposite direction to the moon on your Heliocentric model.

Your Heliocentric model does not match reality as such your Heliocentric model is false.

Part one

Part two

Jerimiah 5 : 21

Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear:

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #288 on: August 08, 2017, 04:35:03 PM »

You appear to be both.

Oh?  How so?

Part one

Part two

Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear:

;D ;D ;D

Was that meant to be a response to my post? If not please respond to this
Resistance.is.Futile

I think you need to read each of your references over again, and over again, until you understand what is really  there. just part of a reference follows.
ď
Path
During a central eclipse, the Moon's umbra (or antumbra, in the case of an annular eclipse) moves rapidly from west to east across the Earth. The Earth is also rotating from west to east, at about 28 km/min at the Equator, but as the Moon is moving in the same direction as the Earth's spin at about 61 km/min, the umbra almost always appears to move in a roughly west-east direction across a map of the Earth at the speed of the Moon's orbital velocity minus the Earth's rotational velocity.[24]
The width of the track of a central eclipse varies according to the relative apparent diameters of the Sun and Moon. In the most favourable circumstances, when a total eclipse occurs very close to perigee, the track can be up to 267 km (166 mi) wide and the duration of totality may be over 7 minutes.[25] Outside of the central track, a partial eclipse is seen over a much larger area of the Earth. Typically, the umbra is 100Ė160 km wide, while the penumbral diameter is in excess of 6400 km.[26]
ď https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse

It is apparent that you donít understand what was stated above, since you say that is impossible.

let us take another look at it.
The apparent motion of all solar objects, sun, moon, planets, and stars; Is due to the rotation of earth. There are other motions to be considered.
all the planets orbit around the sun, Earth being one of them.
 The moon orbiting the Earth in a counterclockwise motion.
The Earth rotation in a counterclockwise rotation.
The counter clockwise rotation of Earth Is why we have the appearance of the sun and moon rising in the east. When you compare the motion of the Sun and Moon, you will see that the moon moves from west to east, you ask how was this? Pick a time, anytime, Mark the Moon location, in 24 hours, once again mark the Moon location, repeat the process; and you will note the moon moves from west to east on a daily basis.
 with a waning moon,  it will be seen during the day,  coming close to a  new moon,  the solar eclipse, happens at the new moon.  with the moon moving from west to east, for that short time the shadow crosses the earth, as the moon moves to the east.  the rotation of the earth,  only changes the time and location of where the shadow is cast.  This is the results of all the numbers,  that have been stated before and elsewhere,  if I were to try to put the numbers in they just would  cloud the issue.
In 22 days  this eclipse  will be over, and its motion will be as predicted, proving that the earth is a globe.  and I am sure that you will be able to find  a live broadcast,  on TV or cable or  Internet.

Here is the real kicker the stars
ďThis eclipse will give you a fine opportunity to gauge the brightness of the sky, because during totality observers will be able to briefly see the stars and constellations that are visible at night during the opposite season Ė that is, late February.  
Indeed, stretched across the western and southwestern sky will be the bright stars of the winter season: Orion and his retinue, Canis Major and Minor, Gemini, Auriga, and Taurus. Each of these constellations contains at least one star of magnitude 1 or greater. However, August can be rather hazy, especially over the southeast U.S. If this is the case, the sky background may be quite bright even at mid-totality, and Venus may be the only visible object.Ē
 [The Brightest Stars in the Sky: A Starry Countdown] ď https://www.space.com/36721-stars-planets-visible-during-solar-eclipse.html

THANKS
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #289 on: August 08, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »

Well, it’s apparent that you don’t know the Saros cycle very well. 

The Saros cycle was slightly too short and the error grows over many cycles.  They are accurate to the time of day the eclipse would happen.  I don’t know where you got to the second but that’s wrong. 

Additionally, the original Babylonian cycles had nothing to with the fact that they believed the earth was flat.  It was merely and observed repetition that they used to calculate when they would occur.  Pure math and logic; no coordinate system needed. 

Not to mention the Babylonian's weren’t the only civilization to use the Saros cycle.  It’s believed the builders of Stonehenge used it.  The Greeks used it and well, they were spherical eathers. Heck, the Babylonian's weren’t even the first to use it.   

The key to note here is that the Saros cycle it’s a mathematical cycle independent of coordinate system.  So, you implying it’s a flat earth only method of predicting an eclipse is disingenuous.

The fact is the Saros cycle is itself not accurate enough over long time periods.  That’s where the orbital variables of the heliocentric model come into play...a celestial coordinate system centered on the sun.  Not to mention the Inex cycle.

The model even takes into account that the center of the moon and the moon’s center of mass are not the same point.   

Of course, you’ll repeat the same hand waving, dog & pony show as if you actually know what you’re talking about.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:12:57 AM by MicroBeta »
Since it costs 1.82Ę to produce a penny, putting in your 2Ę if really worth 3.64Ę.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #290 on: August 08, 2017, 06:20:05 PM »

The Ancient Babylonian's could predict Eclispes Eclipses to the second.
Rubbish! The Ancient Babylonian's could not even measure time to the second! You do spout heaps of unfounded garbage.

Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile
Please prove both of those statements!

They did, but their cosmological model was nothing like your neo-Flat Earthism Religion's cosmological model!
Babylonian astronomy, Cosmology
In Babylonian cosmology, the Earth and the heavens were depicted as a "spatial whole, even one of round shape" with references to "the circumference of heaven and earth" and "the totality of heaven and earth". Their worldview was not exactly geocentric either. The idea of geocentrism, where the center of the Earth is the exact center of the universe, did not yet exist in Babylonian cosmology, but was established later by the Greek philosopher Aristotle's On the Heavens. In contrast, Babylonian cosmology suggested that the cosmos revolved around circularly with the heavens and the earth being equal and joined as a whole. The Babylonians and their predecessors, the Sumerians, also believed in a plurality of heavens and earths. This idea dates back to Sumerian incantations of the 2nd millennium BC, which refers to there being seven heavens and seven earths, linked possibly chronologically to the creation by seven generations of Gods

The Babylonians knew that the sun, moon, planets and stars set below/into the horizon, quite unlike your neo-Flat Earthism Religion's model

The Ancient Babylonian's existed over 4000 years ago.
Sure, so what!
Why are you blaming NASA? The current Globe model for solar eclipses pre-dates NASA by much over 2000 years!

It is a total lie that "NASA know the Earth is Flat", and you know it!

Did you even read that?
Eclipses and the Saros Cycle
Why do these Saros Families Evolve over time?

If these 3 cycles repeated exactly every 6585.322 days, eclipses would repeat perfectly every Saros Cycle. However, these cycles are slightly out of sync with each other, causing the geometry of one eclipse to change slightly when its "Saros buddy" comes around 18+ years later. In particular, notice that 19 Draconic Years minus 223 Synodic Months is about 11 hours. This 11 hour gap is the key to explaining why Saros Families evolve over time.
The exact Saros Cycles created by the Babylonians do not hold for all time.
So, sure Saros Cycles are used to help predict eclipses, but not the exact same Saros Cycles created by the Babylonians.
So, once again, stop spouting garbage!

You do that, but your neo-Flat Earthism Religion's model simply cannot explain the eclipses that have been and will be observed!
First re-read this till you understand it:
Look at this diagram:
That should make it completely obvious that
  • if the light source size is greater than the size of the object, then the umbra is smaller than the size of your object,
  • if the light source size is equal in size to the object, then the umbra is equal in size to the object and
  • if the light source size is less than the size of the object, then the umbra is greater than the size of the object.
Then look at past eclipses:
Date

Eclipse Type

Path Width
2001 Jun 21

Total central

200.0 km
2002 Jun 10

Annular central

13.5 km
2003 Nov 23

Total central

495.5 km
All from: Solar Eclipse Paths: 2001 - 2020.
So here we have eclipses with (umbral) path width as small as 13.5 km and as wide as 495.5 km.
But, we know that
  • if the light source size is greater than the size of the object, then the umbra is smaller than the size of your object,
  • if the light source size is equal in size to the object, then the umbra is equal in size to the object and
  • if the light source size is less than the size of the object, then the umbra is greater than the size of the object.
On your flat earth the sun and moon are both supposedly 50 km in diameter, so the above observed umbral widths are:
impossible on your flat earth model and hence your flat earth model have been proven wrong by observed solar eclipses.

<< little typo >>

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:42:27 AM by rabinoz »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #291 on: August 08, 2017, 08:24:48 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure that I've been saying rotational velocity all along.  You're the one who keep bringing up angular velocity.

Would you care to point it out, because I can't find it.

In what direction does the moon orbit the earth?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #292 on: August 08, 2017, 08:30:16 PM »

Could the Ancient Babylonians predict eclipses in North America?

Could the Ancient Babylonians predict eclipses in South America?

Could the Ancient Babylonians predict eclipses in Australia?

Could the Ancient Babylonians predict eclipses in Antarctica?

Could the Ancient Babylonians predict eclipses in Japan?

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #293 on: August 08, 2017, 09:21:42 PM »
Here is a video of a solar eclipse.

Look at which bit of the sun disappears last and reappears first. See if the flatties can work out the implications of that.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2017, 05:54:44 AM »

You may not realize it, but you are so close to getting it here.  In a sense, this is what is happening.

No, of course the sun is not moving millions of miles in relation to the earth--but it appears to from the perspective of a point on the earth.  And this is key to the whole thing.  The sun appears to revolve westward above our heads, as does the moon.

It's the shadow we're concerned with, not the moon itself.  Remember that the shadow cast by an object is not just dictated by the location of the object, but by the location of the light source as well.  As the light source gets lower in the West, it will cast a shadow at an increasing angle to the East.  There is no contradiction here with the moon rising in the East and setting in the West.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »
Sorry, but this is BS. Earth rotation remains constant, same goes for the lateral moving umbra/penumbra by the Moon. But since it's projected on a sphere it actually travels much faster on it's path when entering or leaving the sphere because of the curvature, and furthermore any point on the radius on a revolving Earth would reach it's peak lateral velocity when being directly aligned to any reference point (like the Sun) and the slowest (zero lateral velocity, actually) when being perpendicular, so you got that all wrong again.

Look at this:

and the blue cosinus animation here:

Now think again.  ::)

So still nothing from dutchy? Why I'm not even surprised?
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

« Reply #296 on: August 09, 2017, 03:39:55 PM »

You may not realize it, but you are so close to getting it here.  In a sense, this is what is happening.

No, of course the sun is not moving millions of miles in relation to the earth--but it appears to from the perspective of a point on the earth.  And this is key to the whole thing.  The sun appears to revolve westward above our heads, as does the moon.

It's the shadow we're concerned with, not the moon itself.  Remember that the shadow cast by an object is not just dictated by the location of the object, but by the location of the light source as well.  As the light source gets lower in the West, it will cast a shadow at an increasing angle to the East.  There is no contradiction here with the moon rising in the East and setting in the West.

No that is not acceptable.

You are speaking nonsense.

Part one

Part two

;D ;D ;D

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #297 on: August 09, 2017, 03:48:06 PM »

Now that I have your attention. Why does everyone always ignore me? :(

You and your Heliocentric brethren have said the angular velocity of the earth is a 1000 mph.

Get your shit straight, angular velocity is not in miles per hour, it's in degrees/time. Also could you draw up a model, to scale, to show how a solar eclipse is supposed to work in both a heliocentric system and in a flat earth system?
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #298 on: August 09, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »

9 pages of repeatedly dumbed-down explanations and you still don't get it. Damn.

Zaphod

« Reply #299 on: August 09, 2017, 07:07:52 PM »

RIF, with respect this is plain wrong. The moon does not have to be overhead to cast a shadow. For a shadow to traverse a certain distance on the earth, the object casting the shadow only has to move the same actual distance, NOT the same number of degrees.

Try this way of thinking about it.....

Do you accept that the speed of a shadow on the ground cast by an aircraft at say 3000ft is essentially the same as the speed of the aircraft? Can you then see that the distance travelled by the shadow in a given timespan is the same as the distance travelled by the aircraft in the same timespan?

If the light source is a long way away, do you accept that this is true regardless of the altitude of the aircraft?

If the aircraft/object was at say 300,000km and the light source a LOT further away do you accept that the speed of the shadow across the ground would be the same as the speed of the object?

If the ground was then also moving with respect to the light source, and moving in the same direction as the object, can you see that the speed of the shadow across the ground is the difference between 2 speeds? So in our case the speed of the shadow is the speed of the moon minus the speed of the ground.

As the speed of the moon is faster than the speed of the ground, the shadow will still go west to east in this case. For the shadow to travel 3000 miles across the continent the moon also only has to travel 3000 miles.

I really can't make it any simpler than that.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:22:29 PM by Zaphod »