Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the Globe

• 1484 Replies
Re: Eclipse 21.08.17 will debunk the Globe
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 03:27:53 AM »
Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile link=topic=71435.msg1935363#msg1935363
No you are INCORRECT.

The Moon on your model takes 27 days to orbit the earth .

The Earth takes 24 hours per revolution.

I ask you again .

How is the Solar Eclipse on the 21.08.17 possible on your model.?

Is the Earth going to start spinning the other way  ;D

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False.
Seen from Earth, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, because of the rotation of the Earth is Counter Clockwise and 24 hours
The moons rotation is also counter clockwise but roughly 27 days.
So, seen from Earth, the moon also rises from the east and sets in the west.

nothing special there. Nevertheless if you look at the sun during solar eclipse you will see that the moon will aproach and pass the sun from west to east. thefore, its shadow will also travel from west to east.

it really is not that difficult.

Stop talking nonsense.

For that to be possible on your model  the Moon's orbit velocity would have to be greater than the velocity of the  Earths rotation.

As explained and proved above with the quotes provided , the moon's orbit velocity is some 27 times slower than the velocity of the rotation of the earth, so it would be impossible for the Total Eclipse to be visable from west to east on your model as it will be in reality on the 21.08.17.

This because your Heliocentric Globe is a fairytale.

Where is 'your' proven model?

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 03:30:04 AM »

How will this Eclipse be possible on your Heliocentric model ?

The producer in this video gives a detailed description of how and why the upcoming solar Eclipse is impossibe on the Heliocentric Globe Model.

But he''s quite incorrect, as are all the videos you dredge up from out of the trash-can.

The shadow moves from west to east because the moon is travelling faster than the surface of the earth.
Quote from:  Joe Rao
How Long Will the 2017 Solar Eclipse Last?
The umbral shadow is projected out into space by the moon and is shaped like a long, tapering cone. That shadow cone is about 235,000 miles (378,000 kilometers) long. But the moon's average distance from Earth is about 239,000 miles (385,000 km).

So, in order for the umbra to touch the Earth, it must be closer than the average Earth-moon distance. But even when the moon is at the closest point to Earth in its elliptical orbit, the umbra is but a dark "dot" measuring no more than 170 miles (274 km) across. And many times, the shadow width is considerably smaller than that. During the Aug. 21 total solar eclipse, for example, the shadow will average only about 68 miles (109 km) wide.

The other thing to take under consideration is the speed of the shadow. During its orbit around Earth from west to east, the moon moves at an average speed of 2,288 mph (3,683 km/h). Because the natural satellite is traveling in an elliptical orbit, the moon's speed is not constant; the object moves faster when it's closer to Earth.

The moon's shadow moves at the same speed as the moon itself. So one might think that during a solar eclipse, the speed of the moon's umbra on the Earth would average close to 2,300 mph (3,700 km/h).

From: Space.com, How Long Will the 2017 Solar Eclipse Last? Depends Where You Are

No you are INCORRECT.

I ask you again .

It's quite simple. The link in my first post has a video model that a child could understand. Your inability to grasp the velocity of the moon's orbit exceeding the earth's rotation is of no consequence to the fact the moon's umbra moves from West to East. It makes perfect sense to those of us with functioning brains. Watch the video over and over and try and turn your brain on. (I'll help you a little, as you seem to be struggling. The moon is a long way from the earth in our model - the correct model😉)

That is Heliocentric nonsense.

It is impossible for the moon's orbit velocity to exceed that of the Earth's rotatation.

The rotation of the Earth is 27 times faster than the Moon's orbit on your model.

Quote explaining the Moon's alleged orbit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbit_of_the_Moon

Quote explaining The Earth's alleged rotatation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_rotation

The Earth  allegedly rotates    anticlockwise.

How is it possible for the Total Eclipse to start in the west and finish in the East as it will in reality on the 21.08.17   

This Solar Eclipse Debunks your Heliocentric Globe Fairytale.

My God you're stupid. You can't even read your own links.

From your first link on the moon's orbit:

"With a mean orbital velocity of 1.022 km/s (2,290 mph)"

From your second link on the earth's rotational speed:

" Multiplying the value in rad/s by Earth's equatorial radius of 6,378,137 m (WGS84 ellipsoid) (factors of 2π radians needed by both cancel) yields an equatorial speed of 465.1 m (1,526 ft) per second, or 1,674.4 km (1,040.4 mi) per hour."

So the moon's orbital velocity exceeds the earth's maximum rotational speed (at the equator). As I said. As your links agree with. You're confusing angular velocity with the only relevant thing in terms of the moon's umbra on the earth during eclipse - the relative absolute velocities of the moon's orbit vs the earth's rotation. The moon's orbital velocity far exceeds the earth's rotational velocity, and therefore the moon's umbra moves from West to East AS EXPECTED.

Stop talking nonsense.

The links provided quite clearly says the Moon takes 27 days to orbit the Earth on your model.

Are you claiming the Moon orbits the Earth more than twice a day ?

The Earth does a full revolution in 24 hours so as I said it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Moon's orbit velocity to be greater than that of the rotation of the Earth.

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False. .

You still don't get the basics do you, you simpleton.

I'll try one more time, as you appear to have the comprehension of a retarded sloth. Just read the quotes from your own links you cretin. Moon's orbital velocity 2290mph, earth's rotational velocity at the equator 1040mph.

You are not factoring in the distance the moon travels due to its distance from the earth. Its orbit takes 27 days due to the enormous distance it needs to travel (approx 1.5 million miles per orbit) therefore its absolute velocity (not angular velocity)  exceeds the earth's rotational speed (which YES has a higher angular velocity - 24 hours vs 27 days for 360 degrees - but a much lower absolute velocity).

I can't make it any simpler for you. My four year old understood the initial video I posted and is laughing uncontrollably that an adult could be as stupid as you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:34:58 AM by Zammo »
If I'm a complete Idiot for not believing in your Heliocentric fairytale then so be it.

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2017, 03:32:54 AM »
Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile link=topic=71435.msg1935363#msg1935363
No you are INCORRECT.

I ask you again .

Seen from Earth, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, because of the rotation of the Earth is Counter Clockwise and 24 hours
The moons rotation is also counter clockwise but roughly 27 days.
So, seen from Earth, the moon also rises from the east and sets in the west.

nothing special there. Nevertheless if you look at the sun during solar eclipse you will see that the moon will aproach and pass the sun from west to east. thefore, its shadow will also travel from west to east.

it really is not that difficult.

Stop talking nonsense.

For that to be possible on your model  the Moon's orbit velocity would have to be greater than the velocity of the  Earths rotation.

As explained and proved above with the quotes provided , the moon's orbit velocity is some 27 times slower than the velocity of the rotation of the earth, so it would be impossible for the Total Eclipse to be visable from west to east on your model as it will be in reality on the 21.08.17.

This because your Heliocentric Globe is a fairytale.

Ok, I understand it is a bit too complicated for you....so, let's tear the model down and look at it in smaller pieces...hopefully you will understand then.

1. so let us say, the Earth doesn't rotate around its axis. it is tidelocked to the sun so you see the sun always at the same spot on the horizon. you would also see the moon passing by every 27 days from west to east. moonrise - moonset will be around 14 days
can you follow me on this so far?

2. next, let us say the moon does not orbit. it is on a fixed location in the sky between the sun and Earth. the earth rotates in 24 hours around its axis.
so what you are seeing now is that both the sun and moon will rise together in the east and set in the west.

1. and 2. combined is what we observe in reality:
sun and moon both rise in the east and travel west during the whole day...but because of the moons orbit from west to east, you would observe the moon passing the sun from west to east.

Hope you understand it now...otherwise I wouldn't know how to explain it to you any clearer.
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2017, 03:37:19 AM »

The producer in this video gives a detailed description of how and why the upcoming solar Eclipse is impossibe on the Heliocentric Globe Model.
But he''s quite incorrect, as are all the videos you dredge up from out of the trash-can.

The shadow moves from west to east because the moon is travelling faster than the surface of the earth.
Quote from: Joe Rao
The umbral shadow is projected out into space by the moon and is shaped like a long, tapering cone. That shadow cone is about 235,000 miles (378,000 kilometers) long. But the moon's average distance from Earth is about 239,000 miles (385,000 km).

So, in order for the umbra to touch the Earth, it must be closer than the average Earth-moon distance. But even when the moon is at the closest point to Earth in its elliptical orbit, the umbra is but a dark "dot" measuring no more than 170 miles (274 km) across. And many times, the shadow width is considerably smaller than that. During the Aug. 21 total solar eclipse, for example, the shadow will average only about 68 miles (109 km) wide.

The other thing to take under consideration is the speed of the shadow. During its orbit around Earth from west to east, the moon moves at an average speed of 2,288 mph (3,683 km/h). Because the natural satellite is traveling in an elliptical orbit, the moon's speed is not constant; the object moves faster when it's closer to Earth.

The moon's shadow moves at the same speed as the moon itself. So one might think that during a solar eclipse, the speed of the moon's umbra on the Earth would average close to 2,300 mph (3,700 km/h).

From: Space.com, How Long Will the 2017 Solar Eclipse Last? Depends Where You Are
No you are INCORRECT.
No, Mr Resistance.is.Futile, I am quite correct!

Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile

Roughly, though relative to tne sun the moon takes nearer to 29 days to orbit the earth.
But, why is that a problem?

I ask you again .
Quite easily, no problem at all. It is exactly as explained in my post, including the quote from Space.com.

No. There is no need for that!

Now I know why you are a flat earther, you simply have no understanding of anything in three dimensions, so you stick to flat things.

You get all the doctrines of your Flat Earthism Religion from those grossly erroneous Flat Earthism YouTube videos.
The trouble with you is that you don't have the understanding of even simple geometry, mechanics or physics to know how wrong they are.

Frankly, I can't be bothered to explain it in simpler terms for you. I suggest you go back to kindergarten.

PS1 Hint: The orbital velocity is the angular velocity (in radians/sec) times the orbital radius.
PS2 Please explain how this eclipse is explained on your flat earth!

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2017, 03:49:54 AM »
Intelligence.is.Futile at it again.  :P
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2017, 03:58:48 AM »
It's quite entertaining to watch. It's like a child repeatedly yelling 2+2=5 whilst all the adults try to explain the error to no avail. Flat earthers simply don't appear to be able to visualise a 3D Universe! Maybe their brains are flat as well?
If I'm a complete Idiot for not believing in your Heliocentric fairytale then so be it.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2017, 06:27:11 AM »

Quote from:  Joe Rao

No you are INCORRECT.

I ask you again .

As FE'ers like to constantly remind us, the earth is rotating at 1100 mph at the equator. 

Well, the moon is orbiting the earth at just under 2300 mph.

Which do you suppose is faster?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2017, 07:46:24 AM »
It's quite entertaining to watch. It's like a child repeatedly yelling 2+2=5 whilst all the adults try to explain the error to no avail. Flat earthers simply don't appear to be able to visualise a 3D Universe! Maybe their brains are flat as well?

It is quite entertaining to read the nonsense you Heliocentrics come out with.

The moon rises in the East and sets in the West.

This proves the Earth allegedly   Rotates faster than the Moon orbits the Earth on your heliocentric model.

It is not possible for the Moon to rise in the east and set in the west  if the Moon's orbit is faster than that of the rotation of the Earth.

As proven already according to your model the Moon takes 27 days to orbit the earth.

So your claim that the Moon's velocity is greater than the Earth's rotation is irrelevant regarding the Solar Eclipse.

As the Moon orbits anti clockwise around the Earth.

If the Moon's orbit is faster than the rotation of the earth the Moon would rise in the West and set in the East.

As anyone can see your explanation is nonsense.

I will tell you again it is impossible for the Total Eclipse to move across the Earth from West to East in the opposite direction to the Moon as it will in reality on 21.08.17 on your Heliocentric model.

As your Heliocentric model doesn't match reality it is obviously a fairytale and as such your Heliocentric Globe model will be officially DEBUNKED.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:49:00 AM by Resistance.is.Futile »

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2017, 08:42:50 AM »

It would require an sufficient amount of brain cells in the first place to appear as flat, and at least specimens like Braincells.are.Futile doesn't seem to be up to the task at all.
It's fucking exhausting tbh, and I salute every sane person around here on this board who managed to stay for even years.  :P
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:44:31 AM by Sentinel »
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:48 AM »
Let's try this a step at a time...

Quite right.

This proves the Earth allegedly Rotates faster than the Moon orbits the Earth on your heliocentric model.

Also correct. 24 hours vs 27 days.

It is not possible for the Moon to rise in the east and set in the west 

Also correct.

if the Moon's orbit is faster than that of the rotation of the Earth.

As proven already according to your model the Moon takes 27 days to orbit the earth.

So your claim that the Moon's velocity is greater than the Earth's rotation is irrelevant regarding the Solar Eclipse.

Here's your problem. You're confusing angular velocity (angle of rotation per unit time) with circumferential speed - the distance an object moving along a circular path travels in a given amount of time (distance per unit time).

Circumferential speed is angular velocity time radius. Angular velocity of the moon in orbit is 1/27 the angular velocity of the earth's rotation. The distance from center of earth to center of the moon is 60 times the distance from center of earth to the surface of the earth.

So the moon's circumferential speed is 60/27 the earth's circumferential speed (at the equator; circumferential speed less everywhere else on earth).

60/27= 2.2; the moon travels more than twice the distance in the same time a point on earth's equator travels, even though the moon travels only only 1/27 the angle, when measured from the center of the earth as the point on the surface. This is about the same as the others are getting, using rough numbers.

If the Moon's orbit is faster than the rotation of the earth the Moon would rise in the West and set in the East.

Here is the danger of confusing those two terms. Direction of rise and set are determined by the ratios of the angular velocities; circumferential speed doesn't matter here. You need to keep clear to yourself which is which if you want to understand. If you don't want to understand, then continuing to use sloppy thinking will help ensure that.

I hope this has made it more clear to you now. Even if you're still befuddled, maybe it's clear to everyone else.

I will tell you again it is impossible for the Total Eclipse to move across the Earth from West to East in the opposite direction to the Moon as it will in reality on 21.08.17 on your Heliocentric model.

As your Heliocentric model doesn't match reality it is obviously a fairytale and as such your Heliocentric Globe model will be officially DEBUNKED.

You can say it all you want, but what you say has doing so has no effect on reality. Repeating what's been shown to be plainly wrong (even if you really, really do want to think it's right) only makes you look stubbornly ignorant.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2017, 09:12:06 AM »
It Goes The Wrong Way!

So much for how eclipses happen — but one question that often comes up is, why does the eclipse go from West to East, when the Sun and Moon go the other way?

Well, the movement of the Moon — from East to West — is, in fact, an illusion caused by the Earth's rotation. As a matter of fact, the Moon orbits in the same direction that the Earth rotates; anticlockwise, as seen from above the North pole.  But whereas the Earth takes just 24 hours to do one rotation, the Moon takes a month to go round the Earth (actually, the Moon takes 27.32 days to orbit the Earth).

This diagram illustrates the situation — but remember that it's not even remotely to scale!

In other words, if the Earth was sitting still, the Moon would cross the sky from West to East. It would take 14 days to cross from horizon to horizon, and another 14 days to come around into view again. But the Earth doesn't sit still — it rotates, every 24 hours, which is significantly faster than this. It's like if you're driving a car and overtake a jogger, they seem to be going backwards relative to you; the Earth rotates faster than the Moon's orbit, so the Moon seems to be going backwards, when it's actually going the same way.

So what happens to "fix" things during an eclipse? Well, the Moon orbits the Earth once a month; but the distance that it travels in that month is a whopping 2,415,256km! This means that it's moving really fast. By contrast, the Earth is a tiny 12,000km across; so for the Moon to cross in front of the Earth — for its shadow to cross the Earth — doesn't take long at all; the Moon moves 12,000km in just 3 hours. (The exact time for the eclipse to cross the Earth depends on whether the Moon is crossing over the centre of the Earth or off-centre, and on what part of its elliptical orbit the Moon is in.) So the shadow zips across much faster than the Earth's rotation, which makes its real direction apparent.

To put it another way, the Moon only has to cross a tiny part of the sky — a small fraction of its total orbit — for its shadow to cross the Earth completely. This means that for an eclipse, the Moon's own "real" movement is the main cause of its movement; so the shadow goes West-to-East.

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2017, 04:24:08 PM »

It is quite entertaining to read the nonsense you Heliocentrics come out with.

This proves the Earth allegedly   Rotates faster than the Moon orbits the Earth on your heliocentric model.

It is not possible for the Moon to rise in the east and set in the west  if the Moon's orbit is faster than that of the rotation of the Earth.

Nope. You're still wrong. You are still coming to  the conclusion that 2+2=5 despite multiple people explaining in very clear terms your confusion between angular velocity and orbital/rotational speed. The only conclusion we can infer is that you are wilfully ignorant or profoundly stupid.

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 04:47:13 PM »
I love how flat earthers can't understand this simple model, so I'll leave a very simple analogy. Thinking.is.futile won't understand it, but some flat earthers may.

Imagine a carousel with a 100m circumference in the middle of a circular racetrack with a 400m circumference. There is a bright light due North. You stand on the edge of the carousel which is rotating anticlockwise once every 10 seconds. A car is going around the racetrack anticlockwise once every 20 seconds.

Simple maths. The car must be travelling twice as fast as you (absolute velocity), as it covers 400m in 20 seconds vs 100m in 10 seconds.

You, however, are doing a full rotation at twice the rate of the car (this is angular velocity, not absolute velocity) so the car always appears to move from your left to your right as you pass it.

Now let's simulate the eclipse.

You pass the car during one of your rotations just as it moves in front of the bright light due north. As usual, the car seems to move from your left to your right, as you are rotating at double the angular velocity. But as the car is travelling twice as fast as the edge of the carousel, the shadow it forms on the carousel moves from the carousels right to its left from the perspective of any fixed point on the edge of the carousel.

This is a fact, and follows simple math. This model is what will occur during the eclipse in August. It is predictable, and people with brains can see it confirms the heliocentric model.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:54:07 PM by Zammo »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2017, 07:36:16 PM »
I love how flat earthers can't understand this simple model...
To be fair, I do think that the idea of one object having a faster angular velocity than another object yet a slower surface speed at the same time can seem a bit counter-intuitive at first.

It probably doesn't help that the sun/earth/moon system is rarely ever shown at actual scale.

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2017, 07:56:35 PM »
I love how flat earthers can't understand this simple model...
To be fair, I do think that the idea of one object having a faster angular velocity than another object yet a slower surface speed at the same time can seem a bit counter-intuitive at first.

It probably doesn't help that the sun/earth/moon system is rarely ever shown at actual scale.

So counter-intuitive that flattards refuse to accept it despite the repeated and clear explanations!

I agree that appreciating scale is extremely helpful in understanding the concept - thus my first post in this thread which has an excellent video of how the eclipse model works to scale. This was of course duly ignored by the those with flat brains.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2017, 08:13:12 PM »
Ide just like to point out that those defending the silly globe Earth religion seem to constantly attack the intelligence of those merely pointing out errors they see. Calling them flattards (retards), lacking brain cells, dumber than a 4 year old, simpletons, trolls, etc.

Resistance.is.futile does not do that in every damn post.

Who needs to grow up here?

I think its obvious.

Earth is flat.

People are waking up.

Ide stop your silly charade if I were you, shills.

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »
Ide just like to point out that those defending the silly globe Earth religion seem to constantly attack the intelligence of those merely pointing out errors they see. Calling them flattards (retards), lacking brain cells, dumber than a 4 year old, simpletons, trolls, etc.

Point granted.

He does it in most, not all, of them.

I think its obvious.

Yep. I suspect we will disagree about who, though.

Earth is flat.

Do you have any evidence for that? Evidence you understand well enough to explain in plain language would be most convincing.

Go ahead...

People are waking up.

Are you referring to this new "woke", or is it "woken" movement?

Do you think that people arguing against facts on the Internet means whatever they say is true?

[I'd] stop your silly charade if I were you, shills.

Thanks for expressing your opinion. If you have any facts to back them up, I'm all ears.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2017, 08:40:19 PM »

I think its obvious.

Earth is flat.

People are waking up.

What on earth does "Ide" mean. Damn you flattards are fools! :P

Honestly though, you can't seriously suggest resistance is futile has not been guilty of repeated ad hominem. As for flat earthers pointing out "errors" in the heliocentric reality, as is patently clear in this thread those "errors" are almost always flat earthers inability to comprehend the 3D movements of the earth, moon and sun.

Can you also not see the hypocrisy of your own post. On one hand claiming we are attacking flattards, and on the other calling the heliocentric model "silly Globe earth religion" and all defenders of it "shills"?

Grow up yourself.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2017, 08:43:55 PM »
Sure I have evidence that Earth is flat.

Go outside.

Its flat.

You need NASA and the government to tell you its a big floating ball.

Go ahead, respond with your tirade about how any "simpleton with half a brain" could deduce that it is a ball without the government, but thats just rubbish.

Proof? Evidence? Models?

I live in reality.

And reality says Earth is flat.

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2017, 08:46:35 PM »

Go outside.

Its flat.

That may appear like evidence, though only to a simpleton with half a brain.....

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »

I think its obvious.

Earth is flat.

People are waking up.

What on earth does "Ide" mean. Damn you flattards are fools! :P

Honestly though, you can't seriously suggest resistance is futile has not been guilty of repeated ad hominem. As for flat earthers pointing out "errors" in the heliocentric reality, as is patently clear in this thread those "errors" are almost always flat earthers inability to comprehend the 3D movements of the earth, moon and sun.

Can you also not see the hypocrisy of your own post. On one hand claiming we are attacking flattards, and on the other calling the heliocentric model "silly Globe earth religion" and all defenders of it "shills"?

Grow up yourself.

There was no hypocrisy, I did not singe any one person out, nore speaking to them directly.

Just pointing out a fact.

I would also like to point out that any lil error is jumped just for more name calling.

Oh the maturity.

Also the irony, when certain posters have a motto that says

"never argue with an idiot"

Then that certain poster calls people idiots and argues with them all night!

Yeah ill single that guy out.

Yes, you are becoming depserate, ide say.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:21 PM »
Yes, you are becoming depserate, ide say.
Beware the ides of Arealhumanbeing.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:32 PM »

Go outside.

Its flat.

That may appear like evidence, though only to a simpleton with half a brain.....

Aww cute.

Your cognitive dissonance must be a joy to live with.

Keep dreamin, space boy!

Maybe if you drop enough enema bags on your bosses desk and act insane NASA will hire you to be an astronaut! Wow! Just like Pete Conrad.  ;)

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2017, 09:27:06 PM »

Go outside.

Its flat.

Aww cute.

Your cognitive dissonance must be a joy to live with.

Keep dreamin, space boy!

Maybe if you drop enough enema bags on your bosses desk and act insane NASA will hire you to be an astronaut! Wow! Just like Pete Conrad.  ;)

Why do you presume I have a boss, live in a country where NASA would hire me, or would want to be hired by NASA? So many assumptions. No wonder you think the world is flat.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:55:14 PM by Zammo »

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »

Cool! Let's see it!

Go outside.

I do. all the itme.

Its flat.

That's your evidence?

You need NASA and the government to tell you its a big floating ball.

No. Observations are good enough.

Go ahead, respond with your tirade about how any "simpleton with half a brain" could deduce that it is a ball without the government, but thats just rubbish.

No. The "half a brain" comments are an unnecessary (even if provoked) sideshow.

Proof? Evidence? Models?

Proof? Not possible.

Evidence? For a start, sunsets.

Models? How would a sunset happen if the earth were flat and the sun orbited at constant altitude above it. That's a basic premise we hear. Sunsets are trivial with a spherical earth, but a difficult problem if the earth were flat. So, how?

I live in reality.

And reality says Earth is flat.

So you claim.

Evidence? Models?

[Edit] Correct nested quote.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:08:14 PM by Alpha2Omega »

?

dutchy

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2017, 12:38:26 AM »
I love how flat earthers can't understand this simple model, so I'll leave a very simple analogy. Thinking.is.futile won't understand it, but some flat earthers may.

Imagine a carousel with a 100m circumference in the middle of a circular racetrack with a 400m circumference. There is a bright light due North. You stand on the edge of the carousel which is rotating anticlockwise once every 10 seconds. A car is going around the racetrack anticlockwise once every 20 seconds.

Simple maths. The car must be travelling twice as fast as you (absolute velocity), as it covers 400m in 20 seconds vs 100m in 10 seconds.

You, however, are doing a full rotation at twice the rate of the car (this is angular velocity, not absolute velocity) so the car always appears to move from your left to your right as you pass it.

You pass the car during one of your rotations just as it moves in front of the bright light due north. As usual, the car seems to move from your left to your right, as you are rotating at double the angular velocity. But as the car is travelling twice as fast as the edge of the carousel, the shadow it forms on the carousel moves from the carousels right to its left from the perspective of any fixed point on the edge of the carousel.

This is a fact, and follows simple math. This model is what will occur during the eclipse in August. It is predictable, and people with brains can see it confirms the heliocentric model.
Let's use a real scale model.
The earth becomes a child's globe with a diameter of 30cm.
The real 2.4 million km moon orbit becomes a scaled down orbit of 60 m
The distance  from the scale moon to the scale globeearth is roughly 9 meter.
The sun is at 3.75 km in this scale set up.

When the globe has made a single revolution the scalemoon has traveled 2.2meters.
The earth has covered 94.2 cm.
So the moon does indeed go faster in the same amount of time (2.2 m vs 94.2 cm)
You can even do this set up in your own garden, if you have one of course,......(apart from the scale sun).

When you increase the actuall speed of the moon/ earth the problem becomes visible.
There shouldn't be the slightest objection as long as the scale is maintained correctly.

The globe earth has made ONE revolution allready, whereas the scale moon has covered 2.2 meters.
I cannot phantom how that could ever lead to a shadow that travels west to east !!
Contrary to the extremely offending comments of yours , please an answer that i could preferably check in my own garden , with models/ flashlights or whatever.

You should be pleased with critical thinking.
The moment we try to do that, we receive lots of contempt, but like many globers state
, "the educational system has failed", because we have abbondonad real science, testing and questioning ( Neil deGrasse Tyson)

I couldn't care less, i only started to read about it the day before yesterday and have allready more questions than your average student who is simply spoonfed.
So what is it ? Can we ask questions about your allmighty model or not, without receiveing your wrath ?
And yes, i am smart enough to realise that those working with the heliocentric model have managed to answer everything in their model.
You should wellcome every remark from flatearthers , so you are able to answer them, each and every time.

Or do you want to maintain the spoonfed educational system and make sure your reducile prevents any questions ?
So please, a real answer is very wellcome USING my correct scale model !!!!!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:02:38 AM by dutchy »

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2017, 12:57:34 AM »

When the globe has made a single revolution the scalemoon has traveled 2.2meters.
You can even do this set up in your own garden, if you have one of course,......(apart from the scale sun).

When you increase the actuall speed of the moon/ earth the problem becomes visible.
There shouldn't be the slightest objection as long as the scale is maintained correctly.

The globe earth has made ONE revolution allready, whereas the scale moon has covered 2.2 meters.
I cannot phantom how that could ever lead to a shadow that travels east to west !!
Contrary to the extremely offending comments of yours , please an answer that i could preferably check in my own garden , with models/ flashlights or whatever.

The moment we try to do that, we receive lots of contempt, but like many globers state
, "the educational system has failed", because we have abbondonad real science, testing and questioning ( Neil deGrasse Tyson)

I couldn't care less, i only started to read about it the day before yesterday and have allready more questions than your average student who is simply spoonfed.
So what is it ? Can we ask questions about your allmighty model or not, without receiveing your wrath ?
And yes, i am smart enough to realise that those working with the heliocentric model have managed to answer everything in their model.
You should wellcome every remark from flatearthers , so you are able to answer them, each and every time.

Or do you want to maintain the spoonfed educational system and make sure your reducile prevents any questions ?

Have you been following this thread? The shadow doesn't travel East to West. It travels West to East as everyone (RE and FE) have been saying all along.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:00:53 AM by Zammo »

?

dutchy

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2017, 01:01:54 AM »

I cannot phantom how that could ever lead to a shadow that travels east to west !!

Have you been following this thread? The shadow doesn't travel East to West. It travels West to East as everyone (RE and FE) have been saying all along.
Yes sorry Typo !!!! I will correct my post !
Now please answer !!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2017, 01:38:36 AM »
It is quite entertaining to read the nonsense you come out with.
Agreed

This proves the Earth allegedly Rotates faster than the Moon orbits the Earth on your heliocentric model.
It must since the earth rotates, relative to the sun, once in 24 hours and the moon orbits the earth, relative to the sun, once in 29.53 days or 708.7 hours.
So, obviously, the angular velocity of the earth's rotation is much faster than the angular velocity of the moon's orbit.

It is not possible for the Moon to rise in the east and set in the west if the Moon's orbit is faster than that of the rotation of the Earth.
The angular velocity of the Moon's orbit is not faster than the angular velocity of the rotation of the Earth

Yes, though, relative to the sun, the moon orbits the earth once in 29.53 days or 708.7 hours.
The significance of "relative to the sun" is that for the moon's phase to go from one full moon (with the moon on the opposite side to the sun) to the next full moon, the moon must do a little more than one complete orbit.

Have a look at
Quote from: Wikipedia
There are several different periods associated with the lunar orbit. The sidereal month is the time it takes to make one complete orbit around Earth with respect to the fixed stars. It is about 27.32 days. The synodic month is the time it takes the Moon to reach the same visual phase. This varies notably throughout the year,[14] but averages around 29.53 days. The synodic period is longer than the sidereal period because the Earth–Moon system moves in its orbit around the Sun during each sidereal month, hence a longer period is required to achieve a similar alignment of Earth, the Sun, and the Moon.

No, who said that? But you cannot compare velocity (a linear measure if unqualified) and rotation (an angular measure).

And this is the crux of the whole matter. At the latitude of the eclipse in August, the surface velocity of the earth is about 766 mph.
But the moon's radius will be about 231,700 miles on Aug 21 so, while it is rotating at a lower angular velocity, it's linear velocity, of about 2054 mph, is quite a lot faster than the earth's surface velocity.

So, the velocity of the moon's shadow across USA will be roughly 2054 - 766 mph (1288 mph) west to east.

As the Moon orbits anti-clockwise around the Earth.

Yes, "the Moon orbits anti-clockwise around the Earth".

Yes, but that not the only issue.
The radius of the earth's rotation where the eclipse will be seen is about 3000 miles, but the radius of the moon's orbit is over 230,000 miles.
And that big difference means that the  velocity of the moon's shadow is quite a lot higher than the velocity of the surface of the earth.

No they cannot, the explanation given in numerous places is quite correct.

As I have carefully explained, you are totally incorrect!

Nope! The Heliocentric Globe model matches reality very well and you have ptoven nothing.

I can't help your failure to understand it, other to try to explain it in more detail.

Here is one more, of many available explanations
Question
Why does a solar eclipse move from west to east, while the sun moves from east to west?
                                                                                                                                                    Asked by: David Weissenberger

Answer
The Moon orbits the Earth from west to east. If you want to verify this, watch Moonrise on successive nights and you'll see that it rises later each day as the Earth's rotation needs more time to 'catch up' with the Moon in its orbit.

The Moon's orbital velocity is about 1 km/sec, so its shadow travels at that same velocity. While the Earth's rotation also proceeds from west to east, the FASTEST motion generated by that rotation is at the equator and works out to less than .5 km/sec. So the Moon's shadow moves eastward at a velocity greater than the Earth's rotational velocity at any location or time, causing it to travel west to east across the Earth's surface.

PhysLink.com, Physics & Astronomy Online.

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2017, 01:42:32 AM »

Yes sorry Typo !!!! I will correct my post !
Now please answer !!

It's already been answered multiple times by myself and others on this thread. It's also clearly shown in the video linked in my first reply to this thread (watch the video for a real scale answer to your question if you don't like the carousel analogy).  That you and others like RIF cannot "phantom" it is of no consequence. The reality remains, the model makes sense to those that can visualise the scale and the difference between angular velocity/orbital speed, and my simple analogy of the carousel holds. Again, you may as well jump up and down challenging me to disprove 2+2=5. If you don't believe 2+2=4, nothing I can say will change your mind.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:53:08 AM by Zammo »