RE Arguments Summarized

• 47 Replies
Re: RE Arguments Summarized
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »
How can the path and location of eclipses be predicted?

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 11:53:07 AM »

Ask the ancient Chinese.

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »

Ask the ancient Chinese.

Im making the question for it to be put on the list.

Also, what the ancients could predicted about the eclipses (based on eclipse's recurrence) was the date of ocurrence, not the location where it can be visible..

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »

Ask the ancient Chinese.

Also, what the ancients could predicted about the eclipses (based on eclipse's recurrence) was the date of ocurrence, not the location where it can be visible..

Sorry OP for going off topic.

The question shouldn't be on the list as the ancients could predict Lunar and Solar Eclipses on their Flat model.

You are spouting your Heliocentric nonsense again  ::).

If the ancients could predict an eclipse  then they could obviously predict the location .

If they could not predict the location then no one would be able to verify that their prediction is correct.

If the ancients got their predictions wrong they where put to death.

So one would assume they where accurate otherwise there wouldn't have been any ancient astronomers to make the said predictions that we know of to this day.

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False.

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 01:40:26 PM »

Ask the ancient Chinese.

Sorry OP for going off topic.

The question shouldn't be on the list as the ancients could predict Lunar and Solar Eclipses on their Flat model.

You are spouting your Heliocentric nonsense again  ::).

If the ancients could predict an eclipse  then they could obviously predict the location .

If they could not predict the location then no one would be able to verify that their prediction is correct.

If the ancients got their predictions wrong they where put to death.

So one would assume they where accurate otherwise there wouldn't have been any ancient astronomers to make the said predictions that we know of to this day.

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False.

Empty words with baseless claims, all ended with the typical, out of place and pathetic phrase.

YoUr StRaNgE HeLiOcEnTrIc ReLiGiOn iS FaLsE.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 04:07:13 PM »

It should take precedence.

The Nazis would love you, if you really don't care about governments lying.

Kenny - "Why am I going into this chamber"

Nazi - "Lollipops"

Kenny - "Ok, Ill go in, i've got better things to do than worry about the government lying to me."

I've also got better things to do than believe in lollipops. I'm not gullible and know there are lies.

But I'm not a hypocrite. Anyone that says they care about leaders lying should be doing something about it. What are you doing?

I feel your statement is self-defeating.

Why do you think I am on here arguing with you, who so mindlessly alludes that I am a hypocrite.

I do my best to bring awareness through taping up flyers at police stations, talking to people on the street, and posting on social media online.

You do realize that lollipops was a metephor for death and mass murder right?

Surely, you can name what is more important than combating the potential death of many innocent people because you failed to realize the scale of government lies...

Just because you think the government would not do that, does not make the reality that they have the capability to do so dissapear.

Tessa Yuri

• The shortest distance between two points is a lie.
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2017, 04:11:24 PM »
Just because you think the government would not do that, does not make the reality that they have the capability to do so dissapear.

But in the same way, the knowledge that they have the capability to do so doesn't make the possibility they will or have increase.
Tessa believes in the scientific method.
Yuri believes the Earth is a flat disk.
     _________              _________         _________
.<`X######I---I|    |I[][][][][][][][]I|     |I[][][][][][][][]I|
-=o--o====o--o=-=o-o====o-o=-=o-o====o-o=

ForumPhoenix

• Vade Irrumabo te Amicus Meus
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2017, 10:02:04 PM »
I am the government.

I want to bomb the shit out of terrorists who say my government sux  ;D

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2017, 02:46:23 AM »

It should take precedence.

The Nazis would love you, if you really don't care about governments lying.

Kenny - "Why am I going into this chamber"

Nazi - "Lollipops"

Kenny - "Ok, Ill go in, i've got better things to do than worry about the government lying to me."

I've also got better things to do than believe in lollipops. I'm not gullible and know there are lies.

But I'm not a hypocrite. Anyone that says they care about leaders lying should be doing something about it. What are you doing?

I feel your statement is self-defeating.

Why do you think I am on here arguing with you, who so mindlessly alludes that I am a hypocrite.

I do my best to bring awareness through taping up flyers at police stations, talking to people on the street, and posting on social media online.

You do realize that lollipops was a metephor for death and mass murder right?

Surely, you can name what is more important than combating the potential death of many innocent people because you failed to realize the scale of government lies...

Please post a picture of the flyer you put in police stations.

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2017, 08:40:57 PM »
Great list, I would also add something about Star trails in timelapse photographs. I'm still curious how those work on the flat earth model as well, I've seen a couple images of an explanation but haven't researched it enough.

To whoever was talking about aviation, all aviation is designed for flight over a stationary earth in a stationary, non-rotating atmosphere. Which is exactly what it is. Funny how the earth moves something like 700 mph beneath our feet yet it doesn't effect a single thing, from the air an inch above it, to planes, to the highest reaches of the atmosphere. Everything just "goes along" for all time, the air rotating perfectly with the sphere, despite there being no way to see this in lab or demonstrate it for yourself. Must take that one on complete faith.

BTW as an aside (haven't visited here in years) I'm surprised this website still allows the obvious people (trolls) that come here to support round earth and ridicule questioners. They only distract and confuse and do not belong here.

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2017, 01:08:48 AM »
Great list, I would also add something about Star trails in timelapse photographs. I'm still curious how those work on the flat earth model as well, I've seen a couple images of an explanation but haven't researched it enough.

To whoever was talking about aviation, all aviation is designed for flight over a stationary earth in a stationary, non-rotating atmosphere. Which is exactly what it is. Funny how the earth moves something like 700 mph beneath our feet yet it doesn't effect a single thing, from the air an inch above it, to planes, to the highest reaches of the atmosphere. Everything just "goes along" for all time, the air rotating perfectly with the sphere, despite there being no way to see this in lab or demonstrate it for yourself. Must take that one on complete faith.

BTW as an aside (haven't visited here in years) I'm surprised this website still allows the obvious people (trolls) that come here to support round earth and ridicule questioners. They only distract and confuse and do not belong here.

There's a number of aviation threads you can raise that point. Perhaps you can articulate this well worn and repeatedly addressed argument in a way that will convince the qualified pilots here that everything they know and experience is wrong.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2017, 02:03:11 AM »

To whoever was talking about aviation, all aviation is designed for flight over a stationary earth in a stationary, non-rotating atmosphere. Which is exactly what it is.
And why would "aviation ... designed for flight over a stationary earth" be any different from aviation is designed for flight over a slowly rotating  earth?

Quote from: Rip Riley
Funny how the earth moves something like 700 mph beneath our feet yet it doesn't effect a single thing, from the air an inch above it, to planes, to the highest reaches of the atmosphere. Everything just "goes along" for all time, the air rotating perfectly with the sphere, despite there being no way to see this in lab or demonstrate it for yourself. Must take that one on complete faith.
Really, since a lot of much smarter people than you quite readily accepted that the earth rotates 300 or 400 years ago and we don't get massive surface winds, so of course the atmosphere rotates with the earth.
In any case why wouldn't it?
If it did not rotate there would be drag between the atmosphere and the surface of the earth.
And with nothing outside the atmosphere to stop it rotating, of course it would end up rotating with the earth.

There are many things that are hard to test in the lab, but this is an easy one.
Fill a round container with water and rotate the steadily. Within a short time all the water will be rotating at the same rate as the container.
I guess the same thing could be done with a huge tank of air. I don't think that I'll bother, I'll  ;D take that one on complete faith. ;D.

Quote from: Rip Riley
Yes, flat earthers do seem easily confused.  That may be because there is no one accepted model for the flat earth.
At last count, there were three of four quite different "maps", but none correct and
about half-a-dozen different explanations for gravity, including good old Newtonian Gravitation.

Maybe you need Globe earth supporters to point out what is wrong with all the conflicting flat earth models.

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2017, 02:29:05 PM »
And why would "aviation ... designed for flight over a stationary earth" be any different from aviation is designed for flight over a slowly rotating  earth?

Great question! No one knows, since there has never been any flight over a giant, rapidly moving (supersonic?) surface.

I propose some advanced computer model could figure this one out, and it is something for flat earthers to consider.

Really, since a lot of much smarter people than you quite readily accepted that the earth rotates 300 or 400 years ago and we don't get massive surface winds, so of course the atmosphere rotates with the earth.
In any case why wouldn't it?

Let's picture the flat earth disc, and picture it rotating at the same speed as the globe model. Maybe 1000 mph at the equator. Now let's see about the air. Would the air an inch above the equator, with the ground beneath it moving 1000mph, move perfectly with it? Would the air everywhere around the millions of square miles of surface on the flat earth, move perfectly with the disc for all time? That you can feel not the slightest breeze? It's ludicrous on the disc model!

Yet the top and bottom portions of the globe are just like that.

They are flat relative to the axis of rotation, and therefore can use the same model as the one I just described. Only difference is there may be a slight dome shape.

So how do we not feel constant 100 mph winds at fringe latitudes from the north and south pole?

And why are those areas off limits to us?

Yes, flat earthers do seem easily confused.  That may be because there is no one accepted model for the flat earth.
At last count, there were three of four quite different "maps", but none correct and
about half-a-dozen different explanations for gravity, including good old Newtonian Gravitation.

Maybe you need Globe earth supporters to point out what is wrong with all the conflicting flat earth models.

Of course there are wrong and different models. That's part of the obfuscation and happens with much smaller conspiracies, much less one on this scale. You can imagine if FE (or something like it) were true there would be massive disinfo and shill campaigns designed to lead people astray. If it weren't already indoctrinated in people from a young age that they do not even need to question it.

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2017, 03:35:28 PM »
There really aren't round earth arguments per se.  There is all of science, every school book, every college text book on the planet dealing with physics, aeronautics, any of the geophysical sciences, etc.

Your list should just be all of modern science.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

Jugemu no Chosuke

• Churrasqueira de controle remoto.
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2017, 04:46:47 PM »
Never quite got how any world government could be remotely competent enough to keep something of this magnitude a secret.
Now you're breathing manually

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 05:06:07 PM »
Never quite got how any world government could be remotely competent enough to keep something of this magnitude a secret.
It is an oft discussed subject here.  You'll find many posts and even whole threads on the subject. 

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

Jugemu no Chosuke

• Churrasqueira de controle remoto.
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 05:21:46 PM »
I know, read a few.

It's a RE argument tho, should be in that list. Unless it's just for physics and astronomy stuff rather than the legitimacy of a conspiracy like that.
Now you're breathing manually

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2017, 06:01:42 AM »
Neither could I, but without that sort of conspiracy there can be no flat earth, so they must believe it - true or not!
An article of faith, as it were. Look at this from "The Flat Earth Society Wiki":
Quote from: the Wiki
Place of the Conspiracy in FET
P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated
P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth
P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET
C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence

P4) If there is large amounts of fabricated evidence then there must be a conspiracy to fabricate it
P5) There is a large amount of fabricated evidence (see C1)
C2) There must be a conspiracy to fabricate it.

From: The Flat Earth Society Wiki, Place of the Conspiracy in FET
If it wasn't for this claimed conspiracy, these and thousands more like them would be very solid evidence of the Globe!

DSCOVR EPIC 187_1003703_africa

Russian Satellite Photo (around midday) - December 2015

Himawari-8 20160705120000fd