What is the maximum distance that a photon can travel?

• 151 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: What is the maximum distance that a photon can travel?
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2017, 05:59:08 AM »
People said 10 August 2017 (!) they have discovered a Black Hole - Sgr A* - at the centre of our Milky Way galaxy universe with a finite mass 4.15 × 106 greater than the mass of our Sun. It is only 26 000 light years away from Earth but no quasar was reported close by. How this Black Hole can collide with anything and where it came from are not clear either! It is photons from the surrounding of the Black Hole that tell us all this. So a photon can travel at least 26 000 light years.

http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm#BH is the link to the People link!

According Newton's Second law about an object with mass in uniform motion, that will stay in uniform motion unless acted upon by an external force, I am happy to inform that this Black Hole applies a force on you (and me) and will suck us all up in due course (if you believe it), but you will not notice it. The quasar will get you first, I am sorry to say. You don't argue with a quasar!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:06:30 AM by Heiwa »

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2017, 07:39:33 AM »
What a bunch of nonsense. The sun also applies force on us, but we are orbiting it and thus it doesn't suck us up. And you claim to understand orbital mechanics! Lol.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2017, 08:24:57 AM »
What a bunch of nonsense. The sun also applies force on us, but we are orbiting it and thus it doesn't suck us up. And you claim to understand orbital mechanics! Lol.

You have to read the whole lot. I don't believe in Black Holes but some experts have just found one only 26 000 light years away from Earth with a finite mass of 4 150 000 Suns, which I joke about. This big Black Hole does not eject any photons like our Sun but will suck up everything in the Milky Way due to some magic force.

It is the will of God! The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not "a magician with a magic wand", Pope Francis has declared October 2014 at his Pontifical Academy of Sciences in the Vatican City. I wonder what Donald Trump has to say about it.

?

Kami

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2017, 04:07:11 PM »
Heiwa, as someone with a background in astrophysics: For the love of god, please shut up. I can not even begin to tell where one mistake ends and the next one begins in your huge pile of crap.

Pezevenk

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2017, 04:29:25 PM »
Heiwa's losing it more every day.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »
Heiwa, as someone with a background in astrophysics: For the love of god, please shut up. I can not even begin to tell where one mistake ends and the next one begins in your huge pile of crap.

Sorry Kami. You have already failed my simple challenge to calculate the amount of fuel required for a simple trip to the Moon and have no idea about basic astrophysics.

Re photons it seems they are slowed down by colliding Black Holes, a common occurence, and also bend around masses in space when flying around, so their trajectories cannot be predicted either. Do you believe in  colliding Black Holes?

?

Kami

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2017, 01:45:42 AM »
Re photons it seems they are slowed down by colliding Black Holes, a common occurence, and also bend around masses in space when flying around, so their trajectories cannot be predicted either. Do you believe in  colliding Black Holes?

The fact that photons bend around masses does not mean that their path can not be predicted.  On the contrary. The deflection of photons can be used to measure extragalactic masses.

I do believe in black holes, whether they are colliding or not. Okay, let me tell you a little:

People said 10 August 2017 (!) they have discovered a Black Hole - Sgr A* - at the centre of our Milky Way galaxy universe with a finite mass 4.15 × 106 greater than the mass of our Sun.
The knowledge that Sgr A* is a black hole is MUCH older than 2017. I do not know what your source is (as usual, you cite none) but probably this is a more accurate mass (or distance) estimate or something like this.

It is only 26 000 light years away from Earth but no quasar was reported close by.
Heiwa, you have no idea what a quasar is, and what the difference between a quasar and a black hole is. This sentence just does not make any sense at all.

How this Black Hole can collide with anything and where it came from are not clear either!
What are you trying to say here? The formation of black holes in the centers of galaxies is not well understood? If yes then you are right.
That does not mean it does not exist, though. Planet formation is also still ongoing research and we still exist...

It is photons from the surrounding of the Black Hole that tell us all this. So a photon can travel at least 26 000 light years.
Congratulations. Two correct sentences in a row. I am proud.

According Newton's Second law about an object with mass in uniform motion, that will stay in uniform motion unless acted upon by an external force, I am happy to inform that this Black Hole applies a force on you (and me) and will suck us all up in due course (if you believe it), but you will not notice it.

Uhm.... no. Why would it? Do you have any evidence for your statement? Just the slightest?

The quasar will get you first, I am sorry to say. You don't argue with a quasar!
You really have no Idea what a quasar is, right?

You have to read the whole lot. I don't believe in Black Holes but some experts have just found one only 26 000 light years away from Earth with a finite mass of 4 150 000 Suns, which I joke about. This big Black Hole does not eject any photons like our Sun but will suck up everything in the Milky Way due to some magic force.
The black hole (or its immediate surroundings) do emit photons, else we would not be able to see it. The 'magical force' is gravity, and it will not 'suck up everything in the Milky Way'. I do not know where you get that impression from (maybe some children's book?) but it is completely wrong.

It is the will of God! The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not "a magician with a magic wand", Pope Francis has declared October 2014 at his Pontifical Academy of Sciences in the Vatican City. I wonder what Donald Trump has to say about it.

Uhm. Okay. I do not understand what that has to do with anything but whatever.

Heiwa

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2017, 02:47:21 AM »

People said 10 August 2017 (!) they have discovered a Black Hole - Sgr A* - at the centre of our Milky Way galaxy universe with a finite mass 4.15 × 106 greater than the mass of our Sun.
The knowledge that Sgr A* is a black hole is MUCH older than 2017. I do not know what your source is (as usual, you cite none) but probably this is a more accurate mass (or distance) estimate or something like this.

My source that I cite is http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.3847/1538-4357/aa7bf0 and if you visit my website (http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm#BH you find the link there. Of course they knew the Black Hole was there, but now they have established the finite mass of it.

But it is all fantasy. No evidence of anything.

I also explain what quasar are there. The experts say a quasar (/ˈkweɪzɑːr/) (also quasi-stellar object or QSO) is an active galactic nucleus of very high luminosity. A quasar consists of a supermassive Black Hole surrounded by an orbiting accretion disk of gas, bla, bla.

But they are also jokes that accompany Black Holes, IMO

As you can see I consider most astrophysics as pseudoscience, i.e. pure inventions to suit some twerps, incl. Stephen Hawkings.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:56:57 AM by Heiwa »

Pezevenk

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2017, 04:30:32 AM »
Your "explanation" of quazars is unintelligible.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2017, 04:40:58 AM »

I just copy/paste the explanations of the experts at my site http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm#BH . I link to the experts there. Visit my site.

I think the experts just produce pseudoscience! Fantasies. Stalin, Lyssenko style!

What do you think?

Pezevenk

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2017, 05:17:38 AM »

I just copy/paste the explanations of the experts at my site http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm#BH . I link to the experts there. Visit my site.

I think the experts just produce pseudoscience! Fantasies. Stalin, Lyssenko style!

What do you think?

I wasn't talking about the explanations of experts, I was talking about you and your "quazars are jokes accompanying black holes" and your "the quaxar will get you first" nonsense.

As to what I think about it,

I think you're a twerp.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:20:03 AM by Definitely Not Official »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Kami

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2017, 05:52:42 AM »
If you actually read the paper, there is a lot of evidence...
I also explain what quasar are there. The experts say a quasar (/ˈkweɪzɑːr/) (also quasi-stellar object or QSO) is an active galactic nucleus of very high luminosity. A quasar consists of a supermassive Black Hole surrounded by an orbiting accretion disk of gas, bla, bla.
So where does it state that every black hole is part of a quasar?

But they are also jokes that accompany Black Holes, IMO

As you can see I consider most astrophysics as pseudoscience, i.e. pure inventions to suit some twerps, incl. Stephen Hawkings.
Your opinion means very little to me.

Heiwa

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2017, 07:33:29 AM »

Hm, use the link at my website:
A quasar (also quasi-stellar object or QSO) is an active galactic nucleus of very high luminosity. A quasar consists of a supermassive black hole surrounded by an orbiting accretion disk of gas. As gas in the accretion disk falls toward the black hole, energy is released in the form of electromagnetic radiation. Quasars emit energy across the electromagnetic spectrum and can be observed at radio, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, and X-ray wavelengths. The most powerful quasars have luminosities exceeding 1041 W, thousands of times greater than the luminosity of a large galaxy such as the Milky Way.
Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar

Quasars are all over the sky emitting photons (topic) and you may mix them up with stars. Every quasar is associated with a Black Hole.
However, the Black Hole in the middle of our Milky Way universe is not associated with a quasar.
Please study my website http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm about it.

Why do you get so upset?
Evidently there are no quasars in our Milky Way galaxy and particularly not only 26 000 light years away at the Black Hole in the Milky Way centre.  No the nearest quasar is 600 million light years away ... according to asstrophysic experts. But there are millions of quasars and Black Holes and they collide regularly deforming space time, blablabla.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:58:44 AM by Heiwa »

Heiwa

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2017, 07:36:34 AM »
If you actually read the paper, there is a lot of evidence...
? But I link to the paper at my website, so I must have read it, don't you agree. I couldn't find any evidence in the paper, so I concluded the paper was pseudoscience! I have seen it before.

Pezevenk

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2017, 08:11:34 AM »

A quasar (also quasi-stellar object or QSO) is an active galactic nucleus of very high luminosity. A quasar consists of a supermassive black hole surrounded by an orbiting accretion disk of gas. As gas in the accretion disk falls toward the black hole, energy is released in the form of electromagnetic radiation. Quasars emit energy across the electromagnetic spectrum and can be observed at radio, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, and X-ray wavelengths. The most powerful quasars have luminosities exceeding 1041 W, thousands of times greater than the luminosity of a large galaxy such as the Milky Way.

Quasars are all over the sky emitting photons (topic) and you may mix them up with stars. Every quasar is associated with a Black Hole.
However, the Black Hole in the middle of our Milky Way universe is not associated with a quasar.

Why do you get so upset?
Evidently there are no quasars in our Milky Way galaxy and particularly not only 26 000 light years away at the Black Hole in the Milky Way centre.  No the nearest quasar is 600 million light years away ... according to asstrophysic experts. But there are millions of quasars and Black Holes and they collide regularly deforming space time, blablabla.

It says quazars consist of supermassive black holes, not that every black hole is part of a quazar. This is like conflating "every cheeseburger contains cheese" with "all cheese is part of a cheeseburger".

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2017, 08:51:18 AM »

Why do you get so upset?

It says quazars consist of supermassive black holes, not that every black hole is part of a quazar. This is like conflating "every cheeseburger contains cheese" with "all cheese is part of a cheeseburger".

You are right. Note spelling of quasar. Some Black Holes are not associated with quasars and partucularily not the one in the middle of the Milky Way 26 000 light years away from Earth.

But let's face it - Black Holes and quasars are pseudoscience. They just exists in the heads of asstrophysic twerps.

Pezevenk

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2017, 11:13:19 AM »
You haven't explained why you think they are pseudoscience. Please do, it will be hilarious. Let me guess: something to do with poop.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2017, 12:10:35 PM »
You haven't explained why you think they are pseudoscience. Please do, it will be hilarious. Let me guess: something to do with poop.

Yes, you are right.

Our asstrophysicist experts that invent what is in the universe have found out that space is not vacuum but full of 26 000 000 galaxies and plenty of dark, shitty matter (poop?) and dark energy.

Dark matters and energies can’t apparently be seen! Every night I look at the Moon and the stars … but I see no dark matters or energies. My eyes are too weak. Or are the photons not there? Died on the way to me?

But The Dark Energy Survey - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Energy_Survey – came to my help.

The Dark Energy Survey investigates the dynamics and large scale structure of the Universe using four probes: Type Ia supernovae, baryon acoustic oscillations (BAO), the number of galaxy clusters, and weak gravitational lensing.

Imagine that!

I have never heard about so much shit (poop) in universe.  What do you think?

I think it is just fun. A stupid joke. Baryon acoustic oscillations sound like Elon Musk space sex or pornography.

Pezevenk

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2017, 01:46:33 PM »

Yes, you are right.

I'm speechless.  :o :o :o

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2017, 01:48:18 PM »
There you go, you're spouting irrelevant stuff that you don't understand again  ::)

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Kami

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »

Yes, you are right.

Our asstrophysicist experts that invent what is in the universe have found out that space is not vacuum but full of 26 000 000 galaxies and plenty of dark, shitty matter (poop?) and dark energy.

Dark matters and energies can’t apparently be seen! Every night I look at the Moon and the stars … but I see no dark matters or energies. My eyes are too weak. Or are the photons not there? Died on the way to me?

But The Dark Energy Survey - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Energy_Survey – came to my help.

The Dark Energy Survey investigates the dynamics and large scale structure of the Universe using four probes: Type Ia supernovae, baryon acoustic oscillations (BAO), the number of galaxy clusters, and weak gravitational lensing.

Imagine that!

I think it is just fun. A stupid joke. Baryon acoustic oscillations sound like Elon Musk space sex or pornography.

Which part do you not understand? I would be happy to explain.

Heiwa

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2017, 10:46:40 PM »

Yes, you are right.

Imagine that!

Hm, I explain it and why I do not believe in quazars and Black Holes  at my website http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm . They are just pseudoscientific fantasies of asstrophysicists. Like a-bombs 1945, Americans on the Moon 1969 and Arabs 911 destroying WTC 2001, etc, etc.  Politicians and experts can invent anything to promote their own interests.

Pezevenk

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2017, 01:54:38 AM »
This is exciting. Heiwa is about to display his ignorance of astrophysics and his obsession with poop again.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2017, 03:55:14 AM »
This is exciting. Heiwa is about to display his ignorance of astrophysics and his obsession with poop again.

Don't get excited. I also explain the space poop (Apollo/ISS) productions and removals at http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm . It is disgusting.

The Apollo/ISS asstronuts attach themselves to some space craft poop reception devices, piss and shit into them and, then, open some valves, so the piss/shit enter vacuum space as pollution.

?

Kami

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2017, 06:31:29 AM »

Yes, you are right.

Imagine that!

Hm, I explain it and why I do not believe in quazars and Black Holes  at my website http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm . They are just pseudoscientific fantasies of asstrophysicists. Like a-bombs 1945, Americans on the Moon 1969 and Arabs 911 destroying WTC 2001, etc, etc.  Politicians and experts can invent anything to promote their own interests.

Are you sure? You seemed to be very confused concerning baryonic acoustic oscillations etc.

If not black holes, what caused the gravitational waves measured by LIGO?

Don't get excited. I also explain the space poop (Apollo/ISS) productions and removals at http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm . It is disgusting.

The Apollo/ISS asstronuts attach themselves to some space craft poop reception devices, piss and shit into them and, then, open some valves, so the piss/shit enter vacuum space as pollution.

Even on your favorite topic you are wrong. The feces are not sent into space. They did that with the MIR, it ruined their solar cells, so they stopped doing it.

Heiwa

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2017, 08:05:05 AM »

Yes, you are right.

Imagine that!

Are you sure? You seemed to be very confused concerning baryonic acoustic oscillations etc.

If not black holes, what caused the gravitational waves measured by LIGO?

Even on your favorite topic you are wrong. The feces are not sent into space. They did that with the MIR, it ruined their solar cells, so they stopped doing it.

I explain everything at my web site http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm#BH with links, e.g. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/gravitational-waves-discovered-from-colliding-black-holes1/

Re LIGO it recorded 14 September 2015 that two mini-Black Holes collided head on 1.3 billions years earlier somewhere in the Universe and became one mini-Black Hole and  deformed spacetime, which $1B LIGO duly noticed 1.3 billion years later.

A mini-Black Hole has a mass that is only 30 times greater than our Sun. The Black Hole in the centre of our Milky Wave galaxy has mass  4 150 000 times greater than our Sun.

However, I didn't notice the collision but maybe I was sleeping. Of course nobody told me about this event, so I was negligent. I have always dreamt about watching two Black Holes colliding! Even if they are mini ones!

Re space sewage systems I show some drawings given to me by NASA further up on the page. The shit goes overboard after being filtered! What ends up in the filter NASA cannot say.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:37:51 AM by Heiwa »

Pezevenk

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2017, 08:56:24 AM »
However, I didn't notice the collision but maybe I was sleeping.

You were probably sedated by your care taker after a fit of throwing your dirty diapers to passerby outside your window.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2017, 09:43:26 AM »
However, I didn't notice the collision but maybe I was sleeping.

You were probably sedated by your care taker after a fit of throwing your dirty diapers to passerby outside your window.

No, as soon as I was told that I had missed a collision between two Black Holes 1.3 billion years ago that deformed spacetime at Earth 1.3 billion light years away 2015, I updated my website accordingly. What luck the LIGO was just ready to record it!

Or maybe LIGO is just a standard scientific fraud like a-bombs, US asstronots on the Moon and NIST structural damage analysises (Arabs crush structures from the top by gravity)?

Pezevenk

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »
I'm not sure why you expected to sense something that extremely sensitive instruments were designed for the express purpose of detecting  ???

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Heiwa

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »
I'm not sure why you expected to sense something that extremely sensitive instruments were designed for the express purpose of detecting  ???

Well LIGO thinks a typical Black Hole , which collides, has finite mass of 20-40 Suns, while Messrs. M. Parsa, A. Eckart, B. Shahzamanian, V. Karas, M. Zajaček, J. A. Zensus, and C. Straubmeier has just found one that is 4 150 000 times heavier than the Sun. I really wonder what the mass of a Black Hole is. I think it is 0!