I need some help.

• 4 Replies
I need some help.
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:36:27 AM »
Hi everyone ! My name's Thierry.
There is a citation from Sir James Clark Ross in your Wiki. It states "The Ice Wall" was discovered by Sir James Clark Ross ufabet
If this citation was the great ice wall he discovered in 1841 it could not be a wall that determines the edge of the world because later expeditions determined it to be passable by ships like the Discovery and Southern Cross .
ทางเข้าufabet
So there may be a Flat Earth "Great Ice Wall" but the one cited in your wiki could not be that since this Ross Barrier is passable.
Please correct me if I have erred สมัครufabet

Thanks

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: I need some help.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:25:08 AM »
Some believe that the entire continent of Antarctica is the impassible ice wall.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:40:58 AM »
Anything that happened in Antartica after Sir James Clark Ross's expedition is false.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:04:30 AM »
Anything that happened in Antartica after Sir James Clark Ross's expedition is false.

NASA did it

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 09:59:11 PM »
Hi everyone ! My name's Thierry.
There is a citation from Sir James Clark Ross in your Wiki. It states "The Ice Wall" was discovered by Sir James Clark Ross ufabet
If this citation was the great ice wall he discovered in 1841 it could not be a wall that determines the edge of the world because later expeditions determined it to be passable by ships like the Discovery and Southern Cross .
ทางเข้าufabet
So there may be a Flat Earth "Great Ice Wall" but the one cited in your wiki could not be that since this Ross Barrier is passable.
Please correct me if I have erred.

Thanks
I certainly agree with you, but then I'm no flat earther.

Certainly most flat earthers seem to support the map with the "Great Ice Wall", but a few recognise that Antarctica is really an island continent.

Tom Bishop who now posts mainly in TFES.org, claimed that Antarctic and in particular the reality of  South Pole was the reason for his abandoning the "Ice-Wall continental layout" in favour of the "Bi-polar continental layout".

This is one of the "continental layouts" (Tom Bishop does not claim it is a map) that includes Antarctica as an island continent.

This is part of a post he wrote
Rabinoz, I support the Bi-Polar model, so I don't know what you are trying to prove to me there.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Another alternative model descripting Antarctica as a distinct continent.
There is still an "ice wall" in this model, but it not Antarctica.
Beyond the rays of the sun the waters will naturally freeze.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I think it best if you refer to some written material, so could you point me to a good write-up?

The South Pole was not yet discovered when Rowbotham wrote Earth Not a Globe. It is understandable why he might depict the earth without it.

The Bi-Polar model is first advocated in the book The Sea-Earth Globe and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions, (Zetetes, 1918). However, the layout of the continents is left ambiguous due to lack of data. The layout and dimensions of the continents in our picture may be different as well. Someone apparently just found a map projection of a globe that looked similar for illustrative purposes.

So Tom Bishop recognises that in Rowbotham's time, Antarctica had been explored at all and uses that to excuse  Rowbotham's claim of no real South Pole.

Mind you, the motions of the sun and other celestial bodies in the model described in The Sea-Earth Globe and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions is weird, even more tpso than in the "regular" flat earth model.

Happy Hunting.