A 100% undeniable proof that the Earth is not flat

• 23 Replies
A 100% undeniable proof that the Earth is not flat
« on: July 15, 2017, 03:19:17 AM »
Hi, my name is Chad and I can't believe how stupid this society is, I'mma just give you a proof the Earth is not flat. If you had 2 helicopters flying at the exact same hight from the sea level (eg 100m above the sea), that were at a significant distance away from each other (eg 3000km), and if you had the best telescope in the world, when you would try to scope in to locate the other helicopter, if the Earth was flat you could find it easily, especially if you had the latitude and the longitude of the helicopters location. However national geographic has done this experiment: Even with the knowledge of the exact longitude and latitude of the other helicopter, they just couldnt see it. It would make sence for it to be visible if the Earth was flat, right? Unfourtenetly the Earth is round so the helicopter was below the curviture - it could not be visible even if you had the finest zooming devices. I'm sorry but this community is utter bullshit

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: A 100% undeniable proof that the Earth is not flat
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 03:36:31 AM »
Hi, my name is Chad and I can't believe how stupid this society is, I'mma just give you a proof the Earth is not flat. If you had 2 helicopters flying at the exact same hight from the sea level (eg 100m above the sea), that were at a significant distance away from each other (eg 3000km), and if you had the best telescope in the world, when you would try to scope in to locate the other helicopter, if the Earth was flat you could find it easily, especially if you had the latitude and the longitude of the helicopters location. However national geographic has done this experiment: Even with the knowledge of the exact longitude and latitude of the other helicopter, they just couldnt see it. It would make sence for it to be visible if the Earth was flat, right? Unfourtenetly the Earth is round so the helicopter was below the curviture - it could not be visible even if you had the finest zooming devices. I'm sorry but this community is utter bullshit
I believe that the earth is a Globe, but the limit on visibility through the atmosphere under the best of conditions is about 300 km.
The sun at sunset is roughly that distance away and even it is considerably dimmed.

Your helicopters might be well below the curve but even if the earth were flat, you still would not see the lights.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:24:04 AM »
Why bother with 3000 miles, just go 45 miles apart over the ocean and hover at 250 feet, they will not see each other. Then increase altitude to 300 feet and if standard refraction is present, they should just see each other!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 05:12:43 AM »

Since when is a hypothetical situation considered proof???

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 06:07:08 AM »

... and when have you, or any other FE'er come up with any sort of proof! You are all moth and no action!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 06:14:14 AM »

... and when have you, or any other FE'er come up with any sort of proof! You are all moth and no action!

But, moths are cute!

Mikey T.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 09:09:04 AM »
LMAO, good one there jroa. 
WTF, I want one of those moths now.

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 11:20:28 PM »

When it is actually done and once again demolishes the FEP (flat earth psychosis)

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 01:49:24 AM »
That is a moth from hell! Damn, where was u when I needed u?
Good catch Just Round Or Oval. So you are a closet rounder? Thought so!

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 04:10:24 PM »
Can I have some fried moths please?

Oh, yes and Flattard medium-rare.

Proof is not something flat earthers ever gave in support to their claims.
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 04:41:46 PM »

But, moths are cute!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:45:06 PM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 10:14:47 AM »
Hi, my name is Chad and I can't believe how stupid this society is, I'mma just give you a proof the Earth is not flat. If you had 2 helicopters flying at the exact same hight from the sea level (eg 100m above the sea), that were at a significant distance away from each other (eg 3000km), and if you had the best telescope in the world, when you would try to scope in to locate the other helicopter, if the Earth was flat you could find it easily, especially if you had the latitude and the longitude of the helicopters location.

No, you would not, if the distance between then is 3000 km, then let’s talk ratio of the volume of your search area and the volume of the helicopter. A helicopter is about 9m height by 13m long by 7m wide which come out to 819 cubic meter of volume.

Your search area volume will be 100m height by 3,000,000m long by 100m wide = 30,000,000,000 cubic meter of volume.

So basically you are searching to find that has a volume ratio of 2.73x10 ^-8.

Let’s talk optics, from what a spherical earther wrote to me if it is true or not, I don’t know

Angle =2 atan (radius/ distance)

Angle =2 atan (radius/ distance)
It is for measuring the angles of things based upon their size, and it relates to optics as cameras do not measure distance, they measure angles. Basically, if an object is D distance away, with a width of l (and that l is at right angles to the path between the observer and the object, for example, for the cross section of a sphere), then half the length, r, will make a right angle triangle with that distance D, and thus subtend an angle of theta, where tan(theta)=r/D. Note that this uses the radius and gets the angle for the half the object. So to get the angle for the entire object, you need to double the angle. Hence, the angle the object will take up is given by 2*atan(r/D) or 2*atan(radius/Distance).

let’s assume the radius to be half of height of the helicopter = 9/2 = 4.5 meters
Angle = 2 atan (4.5 / 3,000,000) = 1.718873x 10-4 radians
Angle = 1.718873x10^-4 * 180/3.14 = 9.8534 x 10 ^-3 degrees or 0.0098534 degrees

Know on a sheet of paper that has a line 30 cm long, the vertical line that will correspond to this angle will be

=0.30m*sin (0.0098534) = 5.1592356 x 10^ -5 m = 51.59 micrometers

The diameter of a human hair has a size of 50 micrometers.

So you expect to see on a sheet of paper of 1 meter by 1 meter a mark that has the same size as a human hair? That is why we can’t see it.

You would need an electron microscope to see it.
To simply dismiss the concept of God as being unscientific is to violate the very objectivity of science itself.

My experiences with science led me to God.

The Truth Will Set You Free

Werner Von Braun

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »
nice experiment & I won't even be the grammar police on ""hight, couldnt, sence, Unfourtenetly or curviture(btw "since" you believe the earth is a sphere you might want to know how to spell that last word "curvature") But here is my question to you were those with NGC who did this experiment were they over age 45 or under?  In Other words did they have Common "Sense" or were they someone who you could put in a dark room & tell them to touch their ear but couldn't find it?

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 11:04:59 AM »
In Other words did they have Common "Sense" or were they someone who you could put in a dark room & tell them to touch their ear but couldn't find it?

Good one!!!!  ;D ;D
To simply dismiss the concept of God as being unscientific is to violate the very objectivity of science itself.

Werner Von Braun

JackBlack

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 03:40:32 PM »
Hi, my name is Chad and I can't believe how stupid this society is, I'mma just give you a proof the Earth is not flat. If you had 2 helicopters flying at the exact same hight from the sea level (eg 100m above the sea), that were at a significant distance away from each other (eg 3000km), and if you had the best telescope in the world, when you would try to scope in to locate the other helicopter, if the Earth was flat you could find it easily, especially if you had the latitude and the longitude of the helicopters location.

No, you would not, if the distance between then is 3000 km, then let’s talk ratio of the volume of your search area and the volume of the helicopter. A helicopter is about 9m height by 13m long by 7m wide which come out to 819 cubic meter of volume.

Your search area volume will be 100m height by 3,000,000m long by 100m wide = 30,000,000,000 cubic meter of volume.
Why would it be so large?
Especially that length?
Using the telescope you have effective 2 degrees of freedom, looking around the surface of a sphere, using angles, but that can be approximated using surface area of a sphere.
That means the helicopter would take up an area of
117 m^2.

Sure, you can try to use the entire surface, but why would you? If you are looking for something due north of you, would you bother looking south? No. If you were looking for something at the same elevation above a flat surface as you, would you look significantly up or down?
No.

So instead, you use the information he gave you.
He said we know the height and latitude&longitude of the helicopter.

With GPS we can get quite accurate positioning data, to pinpoint an object within less than a m.
So for the horizonal component, we know that angle quite well and should be able to just point there.
The helicopter is 7 to 13 m accross (depending upon the angle), yet our search area for it would be less than a m or 2 wide.

So the real question then is height.
We can get that to within a few m from various sources, so you are really just looking for a 9 m high object in a few m high column.

That wouldn't take long at all and would be quite easy to do.
It is nothing like what you have made it out to be.

Know on a sheet of paper that has a line 30 cm long, the vertical line that will correspond to this angle will be

=0.30m*sin (0.0098534) = 5.1592356 x 10^ -5 m = 51.59 micrometers

The diameter of a human hair has a size of 50 micrometers.

So you expect to see on a sheet of paper of 1 meter by 1 meter a mark that has the same size as a human hair? That is why we can’t see it.

You would need an electron microscope to see it.
No. A human hair is typically quite easy to see. I don't need an electron microscope to view it.
Regardless, he said to use a telescope, not just try and find it with the naked eye.

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 08:10:38 AM »
No. A human hair is typically quite easy to see. I don't need an electron microscope to view it.

you can see an object the size of 50 micrometer object with your eyes...

Werner Von Braun

JackBlack

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »

Yes. Are you suggesting you can't see a human hair?

Regardless, why only focus on that?
Why not focus on the rest of my post which completely refuted your BS?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 02:22:46 AM »

Probably because you tend to be quite long winded.  I don't think many people have enough time to read your essays. 

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 02:34:10 AM »

Are you stating that you can see particles the size of 50 micrometers with your bear eyes?

Werner Von Braun

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 02:36:18 AM »

Probably because you tend to be quite long winded.  I don't think many people have enough time to read your essays.
I do sympathise. JackBlack should realise that flatties have an attention span worse than that of a gold fish.

JackBlack

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 06:17:46 AM »
Then maybe they should stop spouting so much ignorant crap and instead just deal with one point at a time.

JackBlack

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2017, 06:20:09 AM »
Are you stating that you can see particles the size of 50 micrometers with your bear eyes?
No. Not with bear eyes. With human eyes.

It isn't that difficult.

Are you stating that you cannot see human hair with your human eyes?

But again, why not focus on the real issue?
I'll even make it easier for you to focus on it by making it shorter.

You have completely misrepresented the situation. You don't need to search all that volume.
Using the information provided in the scenario and simple math you would narrow it down to searching a column a few m high for the chopper.
That task would be VERY EASY.

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2017, 06:25:06 AM »

It isn't that difficult.

You have completely misrepresented the situation. You don't need to search all that volume.
Using the information provided in the scenario and simple math you would narrow it down to searching a column a few m high for the chopper.

Are you saying that if I place a dot the size of 50 micrometers in diameter, you will able to find it in a room that is the size of your kitchen?

Werner Von Braun

JackBlack

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2017, 06:46:01 AM »
It isn't that difficult.
Are you saying that if I place a dot the size of 50 micrometers in diameter, you will able to find it in a room that is the size of your kitchen?
[/quote]
That depends, are you just telling me it is in the kitchen and expecting me to find it, or will you be giving me its location to the nearest few micrometer, as well as my own?
If the former, then no, but it is nothing like the scenario in question. If the later, then YES I CAN!