$1227 round trip ticket to Iran

• 29 Replies

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
$1227 round trip ticket to Iran
« on: July 12, 2017, 05:52:04 PM »
If the Flat Earth Society is full of jihadists who are ready to fight to death to defend their religion, then I have a challenge for them. Iran has the true pictures of the earth which USA and European nations are very, very nervous about. Iran might have what you have been looking for - the true map of the earth. Buy yourself a round way ticket, and pressure Iranian government to release the pictures of the earth. If you're a true jihadists then you would do it for your religion.
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: $1227 round trip ticket to Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 05:57:25 PM »
do you have any friends?

Hamzah

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 06:01:53 PM »
do you have any friends?

Does going off-topic seem reasonable to you?
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 06:25:00 PM »
do you have any friends?

Does going to Iran and pissing off the government seem reasonable to you?

Come on, you're better than this.

Hamzah

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 06:37:51 PM »
do you have any friends?

Which government? If FES is true to their word, then they should fight to release the true picture of the earth.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 06:39:37 PM »
do you have any friends?

Which government? If FES is true to their word, then they should fight to release the true picture of the earth.

Sorry, I thought you said Iran.   :P

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »
Because that's what you said.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 06:42:52 PM »
If the Flat Earth Society is full of jihadists who are ready to fight to death to defend their religion, then I have a challenge for them. Iran has the true pictures of the earth which USA and European nations are very, very nervous about. Iran might have what you have been looking for - the true map of the earth. Buy yourself a round way ticket, and pressure Iranian government to release the pictures of the earth. If you're a true jihadists then you would do it for your religion.
Private companies already take images of earth. Iran has nothing.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 07:05:09 PM »
Why "a round way ticket"? :D Let Iran keep them. :D
They are so paranoid about word "round" that the would not believe that you
       could buy "a round trip ticket" and
       can only get "a flat trip ticket".

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 07:17:22 PM »
Call it a 'there and back ticket'.

Sovietchild has a tiny little boner for Iran for some reason. Why?

Hamzah

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 07:24:20 PM »

Because they have a satellite and they have a real picture of our earth, while North Korea is in a stage of building one?

Why "a round way ticket"? :D Let Iran keep them. :D
They are so paranoid about word "round" that the would not believe that you
       could buy "a round trip ticket" and
       can only get "a flat trip ticket".

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:25:53 PM by sovietchild »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 07:29:54 PM »

Because they have a satellite and they have a real picture of our earth, while North Korea is in a stage of building one?

You said Iran can't build or launch a satellite.  Remember?

Hamzah

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 07:42:20 PM »

Does pointing out my past mistakes seem reasonable to you? And, I never said that and if I did said that, didn't I got corrected?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 07:51:04 PM »

Does pointing out my past mistakes seem reasonable to you? And, I never said that and if I did said that, didn't I got corrected?

It was like 15 minutes ago. It was not a mistake, it was an assertion.

Man-up and admit you were wrong.

Hamzah

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 07:58:15 PM »

I don't know what you're even chatting about. Why are you attempting to defame me?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 08:07:46 PM »

I don't know what you're even chatting about. Why are you attempting to defame me?

Remember this post of yours from a little while ago?  . . . . .

I'm pretty sure Iran wants to build a satellite.

Hamzah

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 08:20:15 PM »

Remember this post of yours from a little while ago?  . . . . .

I'm pretty sure Iran wants to build a satellite.

Yeah, they probably do want to build a satellite.

Where do you see me say Iran can't build or launch a satellite?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 05:25:36 AM »

Just as an FYI, Iran has already built and launched several satellites.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Space_Agency#Launched_satellites
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Hamzah

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 05:30:46 AM »

Just as an FYI, Iran has already built and launched several satellites.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajr_(satellite)

Looks like they do have images of our earth, an imaging satellite https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajr_(satellite)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:39:41 AM by sovietchild »

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 05:37:15 AM »
I've seen this kind of gambit before, where someone effectively demands piece of information x as their proof, and they have only demanded it because they are confident that it is not something that is publicly available.

In this case Iran's satellite imagery does not appear to be publicly available. However those produced by satellites run by the USA, Europe, Russia, Japan, India, Australia and any number of other countries have all been launched that provide the information demanded.

If there is to be a 'no CGI' codicil, then we can go back to the images of Earth as a lovely sphere taken by unmanned and probes (and manned spacecraft) launched by the US and USSR in the 1960s and early 1970s.

You could also get in touch with Iranian astronaut Anousheh Ansari

http://anoushehansari.com/blog/092606.php

So anyway… When you look out, depending on which window you are looking through, you will get a different perspective on Earth. From the windows in the Service Module (remember this is were we eat ) you can see straight down so you see just the Earth surface with a little curvature at the edges.

From the side windows in the little cabins and the docking compartment, where I sleep, you see the complete curvature of the Earth against the dark background of the universe.

Demanding evidence from one country just because you think it isn't there is a strawman argument.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

Hamzah

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 05:41:43 AM »
I've seen this kind of gambit before, where someone effectively demands piece of information x as their proof, and they have only demanded it because they are confident that it is not something that is publicly available.

In this case Iran's satellite imagery does not appear to be publicly available. However those produced by satellites run by the USA, Europe, Russia, Japan, India, Australia and any number of other countries have all been launched that provide the information demanded.

If there is to be a 'no CGI' codicil, then we can go back to the images of Earth as a lovely sphere taken by unmanned and probes (and manned spacecraft) launched by the US and USSR in the 1960s and early 1970s.

So anyway… When you look out, depending on which window you are looking through, you will get a different perspective on Earth. From the windows in the Service Module (remember this is were we eat ) you can see straight down so you see just the Earth surface with a little curvature at the edges.

From the side windows in the little cabins and the docking compartment, where I sleep, you see the complete curvature of the Earth against the dark background of the universe.

Demanding evidence from one country just because you think it isn't there is a strawman argument.

What are you trying to say? Iran didn't release the true shape of our earth pictures? Are they withholding the true pictures from the public?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 06:32:11 AM »
What are you trying to say? Iran didn't release the true shape of our earth pictures? Are they withholding the true pictures from the public?
Would you expect the Iranian pictures of the earth to be any different from anyone else's pictures of the earth?

Hamzah

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 08:26:09 AM »
Would you expect the Iranian pictures of the earth to be any different from anyone else's pictures of the earth?

That's not what I'm talking about, let's concentrate on the real question.

Is Iran withholding the pictures of the earth from the public?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »

Why should they share their pictures?  It isn't as if any of your tax money went into acquiring any of those pictures.

Hamzah

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »

Why should they share their pictures?  It isn't as if any of your tax money went into acquiring any of those pictures.

Didn't Russian shared with USA and the other way around? Plus, Iran is one of the allies of FES, since FES has denounced every other space organisation for providing photoshop materials.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 10:21:11 AM »

Didn't Russian shared with USA and the other way around?
What does that have to do with Iran sharing their pictures with anyone else?  It's not as if the US and Iran have any sort of diplomatic or scientific relations.

Plus, Iran is one of the allies of FES, since FES has denounced every other space organisation for providing photoshop materials.
Let me get this straight: do you believe that Iran thinks that the earth is flat? 

If so, then FES generally agrees that all space flight and satellites are fake, including Iran's.

If not, then I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:23:06 AM by markjo »

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 10:33:46 AM »

I'm saying that you're using a pointless strawman argument to prove something. I'm pretty confident that if Iran decided to publish their pictures they would be just as quickly dismissed as every other space agency's images.

Have a nice picture - it's from 1968. The image on the right was taken by a Soviet probe in lunar orbit. The images on the left are American weather satellite images from the same day.

Why won't that suffice? At the time the two were ideological enemies fighting proxy wars with each other.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

Hamzah

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 07:00:44 PM »
What does that have to do with Iran sharing their pictures with anyone else?

Didn't you say something about paying taxes? Well, Russians don't pay any American taxes and they still can get the information.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 07:37:38 PM »
What does that have to do with Iran sharing their pictures with anyone else?

Didn't you say something about paying taxes? Well, Russians don't pay any American taxes and they still can get the information.
I did, but I changed my mind (I do that every now and then).

The US and Russia maintain diplomatic relations.  The US and Iran don't.