I Made a 1:1 Scale Model of flat earth

• 29 Replies
I Made a 1:1 Scale Model of flat earth
« on: June 16, 2017, 02:27:07 AM »
Hello fellow flatbros.

I have made a 3d model of the flat earth, the size of the earth is to scale(roughly 12700km in diameter). And the earth and moon's position and size are based entirely on the flat earth society calculations.
I have made it completely free if you want to download it for yourself.

DOWNLOAD:
https://files.fm/u/s99b5zkn
I also made a quick youtube video explaining why etc
YOUTUBE:
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Please note, my model has no atmosphere, no clouds, the camera is NOT calibrated to resemble a human's vision. And therefore the sun never completely disappears over the horizon UNLESS there is a landscape for it to disappear behind.

Let me know what you think, how i could improve the model etc.

Thanks

napoleon

• The Earth is not round, nor flat. It is a Donut...
Re: I Made a 1:1 Scale Model of flat earth
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 03:57:24 AM »
Great that you have put great effort in this model, but still there is no sunset or sunrise.
You claim the sun and moon do not set because there is no landscape to disappear behind.
On the coast when you are looking over an ocean however, you don't see any landscape either, but you can still witness a sunset.
You can clearly see the sun disappearing behind the ocean. explain that with your model.
another error is you don't have moonphases with this model. on the northpole, it is always full moon. on southern Hemisphere you have changing moonphases with a timelapse of 1 day. we all know that can not be true.

to summarize:
nice try, but you still need to work on it.
Never argue with an idiot...
First they will drag you down to their own level,
and then they beat you by experience...

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 01:11:41 PM »
I like that you prioritized the Illuminati!  :P

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 03:34:53 PM »
I like that you prioritized the Illuminati!  :P

hahhaha :)

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 03:35:57 PM »
Great that you have put great effort in this model, but still there is no sunset or sunrise.
You claim the sun and moon do not set because there is no landscape to disappear behind.
On the coast when you are looking over an ocean however, you don't see any landscape either, but you can still witness a sunset.
You can clearly see the sun disappearing behind the ocean. explain that with your model.
another error is you don't have moonphases with this model. on the northpole, it is always full moon. on southern Hemisphere you have changing moonphases with a timelapse of 1 day. we all know that can not be true.

to summarize:
nice try, but you still need to work on it.
Thanks for your kind words, I will keep working on it.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »
Hey that's pretty slick
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 05:21:45 PM »
It's got pleasant background music, too. I know that isn't the most important thing, but it helps when you want people to watch a long video.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 07:13:50 PM »
It also shows:
The moon and the sun at the same size.
The moon and the sun in the same orbit.
The moon and the sun traveling at the same speed.
The moon and the sun always exactly 180 degrees apart
Now all that might be true if the earth WAS FLAT.
But it also proves that the earth IS NOT FLAT . (See Reply #1) In the middle of the ocean....You don't have any landscapes either on the horizon. Have you never been to sea or down to the shore ?
Nice try, interesting graphics, but the music was the only really good part about it.
You still need to work on it......A lot of work !
What was that about 3:05 supposed to be ?
And just what was the point of the video ?
Just WHAT were you trying to prove ?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:59:35 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 08:13:33 PM »
How do you know it's round?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:16:37 PM by sovietchild »
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 09:47:27 PM »

Because I've stood on a mountain and watched the sunset after it set for my friend who was on the beach and closer to the sun.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 09:59:27 PM »
I really really like this method of sharing ideas. 3D modeling is something Rowbotham and his colleagues would've LOVED to have at their disposal. I, too, enjoy 3D modeling and am happy to see another person doing this.

You never showed in the video what a sunset would look like for an observer. We saw some places were lit and some weren't, but there was no reason in the model that someone wouldn't see the sun.

This is how the earth is normally lit up

And notice this paradox. This is comparing the sun at different times of the year. In Antarctica's summer months an observer can still see the sun even though it is directly overhead of Australia. However, when it is much much closer and over the Caribbean in the summer months of the northern part of earth, an observer in Antarctica cannot see it.

If you doubt this webcams can be used to prove it.

Can you work this into your 3D model?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:02:35 PM by FlatOrange »

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »

Because I have observed the curvature of the earth proving the earth is round.
Because I have observed that ships disappear hull first, masts last,  from the shore or at sea.
Because I have observed that land disappears shore first, tops of mountains last, when sailing out to sea.
Because I have observed that you are limited to how far you can see by the distance to the horizon, which in turn is limited by your height-the higher you, are the farther you can see to the horizon. Which is also proof of the curvature of the earth.
And finally I know that the earth is round because it has been a proven fact for quite some time.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:09:52 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 01:19:26 PM »
Kudos to you.  You put in a lot more effort than most to show a flat earth model.  Good work.  But, as has been pointed out to you, it doesn't fit observable reality.  Still, great effort.

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 02:57:56 PM »
Because I've stood on a mountain and watched the sunset after it set for my friend who was on the beach and closer to the sun.

Really?  :) Which mountain?
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 04:04:08 PM »

Because I have observed that ships disappear hull first, masts last,  from the shore or at sea.
Because I have observed that land disappears shore first, tops of mountains last, when sailing out to sea.
Because I have observed that you are limited to how far you can see by the distance to the horizon, which in turn is limited by your height-the higher you, are the farther you can see to the horizon. Which is also proof of the curvature of the earth.
And finally I know that the earth is round because it has been a proven fact for quite some time.

You did not see curvature showing a round Earth. You experienced expected distortion.

You have not seen ships, land or mountains disappear, as stated. Talk with experienced sea goers. Those that make a career of it.

Your confusion regarding distance viewed is expected anomaly.

Round Earth believers have not presented truthful evidence of their claim because it does not exist.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »
You're wrong because I'm right and that's that!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 08:58:31 PM »

You did not see curvature showing a round Earth. You experienced expected distortion.

You have not seen ships, land or mountains disappear, as stated. Talk with experienced sea goers. Those that make a career of it.

Round Earth believers have not presented truthful evidence of their claim because it does not exist.

For a start, I would suggest you visit your local Navy Recruiting Office and tell them your story. LOL.
You might find a few Commissioned Officers and Petty Officers  who are far more experienced sea goers than I am   and have made a career of it.
Ask them about how lookouts estimate the distance to the horizon and how the maximum range of  some types of navy radars are limited by the distance to the horizon. Ask them if they are confused about the distances.
Ask them if they can provide evidence of whether the earth is round or flat.
Ask them if they or any navy ships  have ever sailed around all of the some 78,500 miles of the ice ring.

OH ! I forgot ! The navy is part of the conspiracy. You would deny anything they told you because you would not believe them because you would believe that they were all liars and were hiding the fact that the earth was flat.

I would be interested in hearing truthfully how your visit went. There is probably an office near you.

You know......Something very interesting would be to be in on a talk between a flat earther and a Naval Officer or just about any one in the Navy. But I doubt if that will ever happen. LOL
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:44:22 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »
I say good job. This is something that flat earthers should do and they should compare their model with reality to see if it matches. I was going to do it myself and I am not a flat earther.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 11:45:22 PM »

That's quite a leap of logic to be fair.

A more correct statement might have been, "I know the sun sets at different times in different places and elevations because I have observed it."

The dubai elevator is pretty neat but it sure doesn't "prove" earth shape.

A convex flat earth (not spherical) could give us the same result.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 12:06:47 AM »
And therefore the sun never completely disappears over the horizon UNLESS there is a landscape for it to disappear behind.

::)
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

napoleon

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 06:52:53 AM »

A more correct statement might have been, "I know the sun sets at different times in different places and elevations because I have observed it."

No it wouldn't. yes, you would see the sun disappearing behind the horizon but it would also schrink in size as it moves away from you. so, it would still look not the same.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 08:29:49 AM »
So no south celestial pole, no New Moon, no solar eclipses, no Sun/Moon sets and rises, both Sun and Moon shrink and grow in sizes contrary to what is observed...

It's been said before, you've gotta lot of work to do still. But keep it up, your effort is appreciated regardless.
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »

Convex and flat? That doesn't compute. Just say it is convex.
If you want to accept the Earth has a curvature similar to that of a spherical Earth, then that means you accept that the sun actually goes down.

However, this doesn't fit in with the standard explanation for flat Earth : they say that the sun doesn't rotate around the Earth. The Sun rotates around the North pole axis. In this model, how do you get sun rises and sun sets?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:53:19 PM by coffeecrisp »

napoleon

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »
by the way, if you say "the earth is convex" that means you are saying, "the Earth has some curvature".
you are also saying "big watersurfaces also have curvature, so it is not always level".
this forces you to say "on the sides of the convex part, you don't fall 'down', but towards the centre of the Earth".
and of course this leads inevitably to "upward acceleration is bullcrap" and "denspressure is bullcrap".

So, be carefull with what you say.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 10:40:03 AM »
by the way, if you say "the earth is convex" that means you are saying, "the Earth has some curvature".
you are also saying "big watersurfaces also have curvature, so it is not always level".
this forces you to say "on the sides of the convex part, you don't fall 'down', but towards the centre of the Earth".
and of course this leads inevitably to "upward acceleration is bullcrap" and "denspressure is bullcrap".

Looks like he's on to something, then. Baby steps.
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »

"The Earth is flat because look with your own eyes, it appears flat! Ignore explanations that your eyes are deceiving you, it's clear as day that everything is flat!"

"Oh what's that you say? You observe X, Y, and Z? Your eyes are deceiving you. Because I said so. I am the source of truth."

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 06:24:50 PM »

No it wouldn't. yes, you would see the sun disappearing behind the horizon but it would also schrink in size as it moves away from you. so, it would still look not the same.

Please elaborate on why you think this is?

I never said the sun had to be 2000 miles high we could use heliocentric measurements on a convex earth seems to me we could recreate the sunrise and sunset, granted FE would still have the problem of plotting it accurately on a map.

Looks like he's on to something, then. Baby steps.

Don't be so quick to assume earth-shape beliefs.

However, this doesn't fit in with the standard explanation for flat Earth : they say that the sun doesn't rotate around the Earth. The Sun rotates around the North pole axis. In this model, how do you get sun rises and sun sets?

Please cite where I claimed this model as the one I was defending.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:27:01 PM by disputeone »

napoleon

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 11:57:57 PM »

I never said the sun had to be 2000 miles high we could use heliocentric measurements on a convex earth seems to me we could recreate the sunrise and sunset, granted FE would still have the problem of plotting it accurately on a map.
That is possible, however:
to use the helicentric measurements means:
Earth - sun distance is 150 million km.
an orbit around Earth is than 940 million km.
diameter of sun is 1,4 million km.

In the heliocentric model, it takes the Earth 365 years to travel this distance.
The sun in your Earth-convex model however must travel this distance in one day.
the speed of the sun is therefore 940 mln / (60*60*24) = 10.880 km / sec
the speed of light is 300.000 km / sec

it is not impossible, but very unlikely for a super massive sun traveling in semi-light speed around a puny Earth.
There must be a huge force to keep the sun in its orbit then.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »

That is possible, however:
to use the helicentric measurements means:
Earth - sun distance is 150 million km.
an orbit around Earth is than 940 million km.
diameter of sun is 1,4 million km.

In the heliocentric model, it takes the Earth 365 years to travel this distance.
The sun in your Earth-convex model however must travel this distance in one day.
the speed of the sun is therefore 940 mln / (60*60*24) = 10.880 km / sec
the speed of light is 300.000 km / sec

it is not impossible, but very unlikely for a super massive sun traveling in semi-light speed around a puny Earth.
There must be a huge force to keep the sun in its orbit then.

Like dark energy?

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2017, 07:26:29 PM »

Really?  :) Which mountain?
I'd prefer to not give my location away. Why does it matter which mountain? I live in Alaska if you care to know. Lots of mountains, lots of ocean.

Please enlighten us all and show us how a sunset would work on a convex or flat earth.