Myth Busters Prove Flat Earth

• 106 Replies
Myth Busters Prove Flat Earth
« on: July 09, 2017, 12:51:23 PM »

The above video proves the Flat Earth.

The narrator's give a good description as to why we must live on a Flat Plane after examining the footage taken by The Myth Busters.

Your Strange Heliocentric Religion is False.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: Myth Busters Prove Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »
You are an idiot!

Adam Savage said he can PERSONALLY, with his OWN EYES, see a definitive CURVATURE to the earth.

You get some flattard moron interpreting GoPro videos, that we all know use wide angle (fish-eye) lenses, then cherrypick segments where the horizon is below the centerline of the frame.

Your retarded flat earth cult is completely false
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »

The narrator's give a good description as to why we must live on a Flat Plane after examining the footage taken by The Myth Busters.

Yet again you have been proven to be a  " LIAR " RAB ; it would seem the truth is the first casualty when it comes to defending your Strange Heliocentric Religion but don't worry I forgive you.
YOU HAVE plenty to apologise for. I do not take kindly to being FALSELY called a LIAR!
I demand an immediate apology for your slanderous accusations.
Please read: High Altitude Amateur Weather Balloon proves Flat Earth « Reply #58 on: Today at 10:21:52 AM »

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 01:45:50 PM »
You are an idiot!

Adam Savage said he can PERSONALLY, with his OWN EYES, see a definitive CURVATURE to the earth.

You get some flattard moron interpreting GoPro videos, that we all know use wide angle (fish-eye) lenses, then cherrypick segments where the horizon is below the centerline of the frame.

;D

Did you watch the video ?

;D

Anyone that does watch the video will know the Earth is Flat .

And wait for it......

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 01:49:48 PM »

Yet again you have been proven to be a  " LIAR " RAB ; it would seem the truth is the first casualty when it comes to defending your Strange Heliocentric Religion but don't worry I forgive you.
YOU HAVE plenty to apologise for. I do not take kindly to being FALSELY called a LIAR!
Please read: High Altitude Amateur Weather Balloon proves Flat Earth « Reply #58 on: Today at 10:21:52 AM »

I have nothing to apologise for the evidence is there for everyone to see.

Carry on and I will put the associated threads on my sig when I get to my desktop the choice is yours.

?

dutchy

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 01:52:11 PM »

Could you please stop making a big deal out of this ''I demand an immediate apology for your slanderous accusations'' thing below each and every post the coming weeks ?
Aren't there moderators here you can tune in if you feel someone has treated you wrongly and report certain accusations ?
Besides that, there are certain organisations that receive lots of taxpayer's money who are proven liars and deceivers, use your persuasive gifts on them....just a little suggestion and friendly advise ;D

Crutchwater

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 02:44:10 PM »
You are an idiot!

;D

;D

And wait for it......

No, no...

You are just an idiot!

Idiots are too stupid to realize they are idiots... The need to be told.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 03:02:14 PM »
You are an idiot!

;D

;D

And wait for it......

No, no...

You are just an idiot!

What an original insult  ;D

You do this because you can't debunk the video.

;D

This is a Flat Earth Forum I'm posting video's related to The Flat Earth so we can have a civilised discussion about them and you insult me ;D

Keep up the good work ;)

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 03:18:56 PM »

Could you please stop making a big deal out of this ''I demand an immediate apology for your slanderous accusations'' thing below each and every post the coming weeks ?
Aren't there moderators here you can tune in if you feel someone has treated you wrongly and report certain accusations ?
Besides that, there are certain organisations that receive lots of taxpayer's money who are proven liars and deceivers, use your persuasive gifts on them....just a little suggestion and friendly advise ;D
I'm just curious, are you referring to NASA?  If so can you you show any proven lie from them?  I've asked this of flat earthers before and none have shown my proof of NASA lies.

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
You are an idiot!

Here to laugh at you, you can't just say things like that! Don't tell him the truth!!! It will kill him.
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

Crutchwater

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 03:28:23 PM »
You are an idiot!

;D

;D

And wait for it......

No, no...

You are just an idiot!

;D

This is a Flat Earth Forum I'm posting video's related to The Flat Earth so we can have a civilised discussion about them and you insult me ;D

Keep up the good work ;)

I have no need to "debunk" your video, Adam Savage did so by actually seeing the curvature of the Earth.

We live on a spherical planet, part of a heliocentric solar system. These are the facts.

You have ZERO evidence to the contrary.

I have seen your brand of "civilized discussion". There is nothing civilized about it.

You are an idiotic troll, and clearly don't even believe the BS you present. I do not owe you ANY respect.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 03:59:57 PM »
You are an idiot!

;D

;D

And wait for it......

No, no...

You are just an idiot!

;D

Keep up the good work ;)

I have no need to "debunk" your video, Adam Savage did so by actually seeing the curvature of the Earth.

We live on a spherical planet, part of a heliocentric solar system. These are the facts.

You have ZERO evidence to the contrary.

I have seen your brand of "civilized discussion". There is nothing civilized about it.

You are an idiotic troll, and clearly don't even believe the BS you present. I do not owe you ANY respect.

No

You can't Debunk the video because it is true.

It's as simple as that.

There is s link to the full YouTube video in the description of the said video.

Your Heliocentric Religion is based on pure Hypothesis /Theory and Science fiction that has never been verified.

This video proves that .

Next please ......
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:18:59 PM by Resistance.is.Futile »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 09:05:11 PM »

This video proves that .
Incorrect. This proves the earth a Globe and only a NASAphobic Conspiratard would doubt it.
This photo not CGI, but a real photograph, taken on an excellent real film camera by a real person!

View of the Earth as seen by the Apollo 17 crew -- astronaut Eugene A. Cernan, commander;
astronaut Ronald E. Evans, command module pilot; and scientist-astronaut Harrison H. Schmitt,
lunar module pilot -- traveling toward the moon. This translunar coast photograph extends
from the Mediterranean Sea area to the Antarctica South polar ice cap.
This is the first time the Apollo trajectory made it possible to photograph the South polar ice cap.
Note the heavy cloud cover in the Southern Hemisphere.
Almost the entire coastline of Africa is clearly visible.
The Arabian Peninsula can be seen at the Northeastern edge of Africa.
The large island off the coast of Africa is the Malagasy Republic.
The Asian mainland is on the horizon toward the Northeast.

Image Credit: NASA
That photo was taken with an film camera and is a single non-composite image.

Here is its "provenance":
The photograph was taken about 5 hours and 6 minutes after launch of the Apollo 17 mission, and about 1 hour 54 minutes after the spacecraft left its parking orbit around the Earth, to begin its trajectory to the Moon. The time of Apollo 17's launch, 12:33 a.m. EST, meant that Africa was in daylight during the early hours of the spacecraft's flight. With the December solstice approaching, Antarctica was also illuminated.

The 1972 Tamil Nadu cyclone can be seen in the top right of the image. This storm had brought flooding and high winds to the Indian state of Tamil Nadu on December 5, two days before the photograph was taken.

The photograph's official NASA designation is AS17-148-22727. NASA photograph AS17-148-22726, taken just before and nearly identical to 22727, is also used as a full-Earth image.

The photographer used a 70-millimeter Hasselblad camera with an 80-millimeter Zeiss lens. NASA credits the image to the entire Apollo 17 crew—Eugene Cernan, Ronald Evans and Jack Schmitt—all of whom took photographs during the mission with the on-board Hasselblad, although evidence examined after the mission suggests that Jack Schmitt was the photographer.

The only reason anyone would doubt a photo like that is that they are suffering from  :'( "Terminal NASAphobia" :'(!

Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile

Next please ......
Bring 'me on! The bigger they are the harder the fall.

Go drag up some fake proofs from the trash-can in your neo-Flat Earthism Religious Cult's Temple of the YouTube

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 09:45:42 PM »

Wow,   I'm convinced.     I just reserve the right to say exactly what I'm convinced of.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 11:03:14 PM »
If I fire up google earth and set the altitude at 70000 feet and tilt the view towards the horizon it will be curved. No fish eye involved.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 11:36:00 PM »

Measured distances and angle of the sun prove a round earth.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 01:35:05 AM »

Measured distances and angle of the sun prove a round earth.

You can believe what you want I have nothing against religious people of faith.

Just don't expect people that have not been raised in the same faith as you to believe it.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 02:56:34 AM »

Just don't expect people that have not been raised in the same faith as you to believe it.
I always thought so.
You must have been raised in that weird neo-Flat Earthism Religious Cult that worships the Flat Earth in the Temple of the YouTube.
This comparitively new Religious Cult only started in the mid 1800s and preaches quite illogical doctrines about the shape of the earth, it's movement and the motions of the sun,  moon, planets and stars.

Then they falsely accuse millions of lying to the rest of of the population.

So,Mr Resistance.is.Futile] what evidence do you have that your religion is true and correct?

Believe what you like, but don't accuse all those who disagree with your totally illogical and unproven religion of being liars!

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 03:18:03 AM »

I always thought so.
You must have been raised in that weird neo-Flat Earthism Religious Cult that worships the Flat Earth in the Temple of the YouTube.
This comparitively new Religious Cult only started in the mid 1800s and preaches quite illogical doctrines about the shape of the earth, it's movement and the motions of the sun,  moon, planets and stars.

Then they falsely accuse millions of lying to the rest of of the population.

So,Mr Resistance.is.Futile] what evidence do you have that your religion is true and correct?

Believe what you like, but don't accuse all those who disagree with your totally illogical and unproven religion of being liars!

The only person your fooling is yourself.

?

dutchy

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 03:58:43 AM »
I'm just curious, are you referring to NASA?  If so can you you show any proven lie from them?  I've asked this of flat earthers before and none have shown my proof of NASA lies.
The footage from the moonlandings most certainly weren't taken on the moon, but presented as such.
I know all the replies waiting for me, that tell me that each and every bit of evidence of fakery has been debunked.(by Jay Windley and his Clavius stormtroopers)
The fact of the matter is, all NASA/Apollo footage is still very much faked despite some poor attempts to comply with the program.
And any person with a good working set of senses immidiatly recognise studio backdrops, artificial lightening and all sorts of floating stuff in the moon video's, astronauts supported by wiring, goofy slow motion (film slow motion and clever speed up tactics) because Hollywood has convinced us that ''moon motion'' equalls film slomo (absurd) when trying to have a personal opinion when looking at the material.

The Apollo fanbase always accuses us the deniers of being trapped into some denial, because we saw ONE youtube video with a person claiming we didn't go to the moon.
The opposite is very true !!!
Simply research all photographic and video evidence and then decide what to think of it !!!! Hardly any of the fanboys has done that, because they think they don't need to, because the moonlandings happened anyway.

Massimo Mazzucco the Italian filmmaker and photographer who also made the best 9/11 docu till dat (the new pearl harbor) is flying around this world ''as we speak'' to interview the best of the best among photographers and lightening experts....both from the time of Apollo (who are still alive) and those who are the very best right now.
In a sneak preview of this new docu it becomes evident that top experts aren't so willing to agree with NASA's trickery supposedly shot on the moon........

I eagerly wait for this, because i'm dying to hear what genuine field experts in filming, photography and studio lightening have to say when presented with the ''original'' NASA footage.
No one takes Jay Windley and his Clavius stormtroopers serious when they comment on the photographic evidence, simply because they themselves are amature astronomers and not BETTER qualified to claim some sort of expertise on the whole Apollo project....it is quite laughable.

As i find out, also from you, you are extremely unaware about modern sound design, recording and other studio techniques.
Your comments towards me about using ''expensive words'' while explaining the ISS fakery is quite shocking, but understandable from those who will follow NASA wherever they may go.
I have said everything about it in the proper ISS topic, please read it and then come back with questions or observations, but i am not going to repeat myself for the tenth time.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 05:14:20 AM »
The footage from the moonlandings most certainly weren't taken on the moon, but presented as such.
I know all the replies waiting for me, that tell me that each and every bit of evidence of fakery has been debunked.(by Jay Windley and his Clavius stormtroopers)
The fact of the matter is, all NASA/Apollo footage is still very much faked despite some poor attempts to comply with the program.
And any person with a good working set of senses immidiatly recognise studio backdrops, artificial lightening and all sorts of floating stuff in the moon video's, astronauts supported by wiring, goofy slow motion (film slow motion and clever speed up tactics) because Hollywood has convinced us that ''moon motion'' equalls film slomo (absurd) when trying to have a personal opinion when looking at the material.

The Apollo fanbase always accuses us the deniers of being trapped into some denial, because we saw ONE youtube video with a person claiming we didn't go to the moon.
Simply research all photographic and video evidence and then decide what to think of it !!!! Hardly any of the fanboys has done that, because they think they don't need to, because the moonlandings happened anyway.

Massimo Mazzucco the Italian filmmaker and photographer who also made the best 9/11 docu till dat (the new pearl harbor) is flying around this world ''as we speak'' to interview the best of the best among photographers and lightening experts....both from the time of Apollo (who are still alive) and those who are the very best right now.
In a sneak preview of this new docu it becomes evident that top experts aren't so willing to agree with NASA's trickery supposedly shot on the moon........

I eagerly wait for this, because i'm dying to hear what genuine field experts in filming, photography and studio lightening have to say when presented with the ''original'' NASA footage.
No one takes Jay Windley and his Clavius stormtroopers serious when they comment on the photographic evidence, simply because they themselves are amature astronomers and not BETTER qualified to claim some sort of expertise on the whole Apollo project....it is quite laughable.

As i find out, also from you, you are extremely unaware about modern sound design, recording and other studio techniques.
Your comments towards me about using ''expensive words'' while explaining the ISS fakery is quite shocking, but understandable from those who will follow NASA wherever they may go.
I have said everything about it in the proper ISS topic, please read it and then come back with questions or observations, but i am not going to repeat myself for the tenth time.
You realize you provided zero evidence of any lies from NASA in that rant right?  Also, I know a great deal about audio and you have literally not addressed anything I said.  You threw around a lot of words that you don't seem to understand and did not answer the simple question of, are you saying you cannot record one set of tracks and then later have someone else play to them. 
Nothing in your response actually addressed anything.  It was just more of, well I don't understand it so I think it was fake.
That pretty much sums up your argument.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 05:43:06 AM »
The only person your fooling is yourself.
What makes you think I'm fooling anybody?

You flat earthers should be glad that are plenty around that know the truth to run the world for you because you flat earther could not!

It's just as well that the earth is really a Globe.  This flight QANTAS QF27 is a real flight that flies non-stop from Sydney, Australia to Santiago, Chile.

But just imagine the ruckus there would be if QANTAS employed some neo-Flat Earthism Cultists like yourself who refused to believe that the earth was really a Globe.
But, since flat earther can't eve decide among themselves what map to use there is all sorts of trouble.

So we might get this hypothetical exchange:

Can your imagine a QANTAS route planner asking which of several "maps" to use in planning the non-stop air route from Sydney, Australia to Santiago, Chile?
  • So they first pick the "standard flat earth map" - the "UN Flag" or "Ice-Wall".

Gleason's Map (Ice-Wall) - Sydney to Santiago - 25,500 km
    But on this map, it's about 25,500 km, and we can't do that!
    Not only that, but the initial heading is nearly NE, before this Flat Earth was decreed by Mr Resistance.is.Futile the initial heading used to be nearly SE. But of course, Mr Resistance.is.Futile, is so ignorant, he doesn't know the difference!

• Okee Dokee, let's try that new-fangled BiPolar one, it might be better!

Bipolar Map - Santiago to Sydney 18,300 km
    But it's still about 18,300 km, we'll have to cut down on the number of passengers and the freight, and we can't have that!
    Heavens above! this initial heading is almost SOUTH, we don't want to fly over Antarctica, that means lots more survival gear! - fair crack-o'-the-whip mate!.

• Oh heavens, let's forget this stupid flat earth stuff!

Sydney to Santiago, On the Globe - 11,400 km
    Hang it all! We'll go with the tried and true Globe map, it's only about 11,400 km - we know our 747-400s and we know can do that!
    And now we head in the right direction and can easily cover the range.
    This is very close to the actual route the QANTAS really fly - almost along the great circle because the earth really is a Globe!

Now, these Flat Earth maps might not be correct, since no-one seems to know which, that is not the point!
The crux of the matter is that if these Flat Earthers expect
to gain acceptance they must have accurate maps with accurate distances and directions.

They "get away with it" now by claiming that
these flights do not exist and that the surveyed measurements on the real earth are incorrect.
But excuses like that simply will not work in the real world and they are only fooling themselves, not anyone else.

But,  Mr Resistance.is.Futile the Sydney to/from Santiago flights and the Sydney to/from Johannesburg are real flight and are flown regularly.
And they would be totally impossible on your flat earth map!
So I don't need to fool anybody, what I am saying is easily proven fact, whether you like it or not!

onebigmonkey

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 06:17:24 AM »

They most certainly were taken on the moon, and have been proven as such. Do feel free any time you like to demonstrate how they broadcast on live TV images of Earth containing time specific meteorological data.

And you have absolutely no response to them.

The fact of the matter is that what you are claiming as fact is very much fiction. NASA's Apollo footage is demonstrably genuine, despite some very poor attempts to prove otherwise.

And any person with a good working set of senses immidiatly recognise studio backdrops,

Nope. Those 'backdrops' are actually on the moon, pretty difficult to fake driving toward a backdrop for hours and not get there. Pretty difficult to put features on a backdrop when you don't know what should be on there.

artificial lightening

lightening? Dumbass.  Apart from that there is no evidence of artificial lighting, just the sun, exactly where it should be in the sky and casting shadows that match exactly what should be there and that change over the course of each mission.

and all sorts of floating stuff in the moon video's,

erm...what now? Stuff behaving exactly as they should in lunar gravity you mean?

astronauts supported by wiring,

Nope, no evidence whatsoever of any wires or harnesses anywhere. Where were they attached, who operated them? How did they manage not to get tangled up in the hours of continuous footage?

goofy slow motion (film slow motion and clever speed up tactics)

Nope, there is no slow motion anywhere in any Apollo footage.

because Hollywood has convinced us that ''moon motion'' equalls film slomo (absurd) when trying to have a personal opinion when looking at the material.

Lazy film and TV directors using a cheap trick may have fooled you, some of us are a bit more discerning. There is no slow motion used, no camera trickery. The technology to slow down live TV did not exist.

Nope, people who understand the science, engineering and technology involved accuse you deniers of being gullible idiots, and you have fallen for lots of videos made by lots more idiots.

And once again a gullible idiot claims to be the only authority and assumes no-one that disagrees with him has done any research into the topic. I have spent way more time looking at Apollo's media than you have, and I know it is absolutely genuine.

And you don't give us any link to that 'sneak preview'. I'd be willing to bet that these 'top experts' are full of it.

You eagerly await it because you think it will confirm your prejudices. What will you do if it turns out he says the opposite of what you think he will?

You are woefully ill-informed about the academic and professional background of the people involved with Clavius, and some of them are more tha qualified to speak professionally about the subject.

All you've done there is what you've done here. Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

?

dutchy

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 08:10:12 AM »
You realize you provided zero evidence of any lies from NASA in that rant right?

Now it's up to you.......
Also, I know a great deal about audio and you have literally not addressed anything I said.  You threw around a lot of words that you don't seem to understand and did not answer the simple question of, are you saying you cannot record one set of tracks and then later have someone else play to them. 
Nothing in your response actually addressed anything.  It was just more of, well I don't understand it so I think it was fake.
That pretty much sums up your argument.
You silly, but foremost lazy person........
That was my whole issue with it in the topic addressing the whole matter....didn't you read it back ?
Here is the video again :
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
They start with a conversation pretending to do a dual performance between earth and space.
What you see and hear in the following clip is a studio production sound+accomp. edited video. (Chris' hands and lips are in sinc with the audio)

This is how a studio recording sounds and a music video looks like , NOT a live performance.

And your ignorant little comments towards me show that you probably know just a tiny bit about your home amplifier, but you surely demonstrated you know little about a post production in a music studio.
Let's follow your reasoning....
The earthband is playing....but it sounds nothing like a live recording of a band + choir.
Please, please ask anyone in your own circle of friends who know more than you to confirm what i just said, because it's a death certainty.

Chris Hadfield receives the incoming recording and plays along as if it was a soundmix machine.
The part of Chris+band are also recorded when bounced back to earth.
Then the whole thing is finalized and effects are added....(i won't use extra difficult jargon, because it seems to offend you)

But the video PRETENDS a live performance which it is not !!!!!
All tracks and video could have been pre recorded anyway....that's the whole point.
This is a meaningless and false pretentious show on all accounts.
And when you want to go this far, i think everything was pre recorded on earth....that is the best possible explaination for what they show us..

And of course the ISS has some magical audio transfer from auterspace using a special, but well understood data compression algorithm.....
Just as the mission leader from the curiousity mars deception doesn't know the image file type....it was so special that Adam Steltzner couldn't answer a basic question about it.
What proof do you need to hear these bunch of NASA clowns....3.12 into the video and Adam has no clue whatsoever.
If you can't make up your own mind about NASA, i surely can't help you.
If the above doesn't ring a bell or two, nothing ever will.....sorry

Here a last reminder about the level of deceite........featuring the person who isn't a crook ;D ;D ;D ;D

Despite the fact that it looked like Nixon made that call with his office desk landline phone ,in reality they used advanced techniques derived from the crashed UFO at Roswell.
The Telephone looks trashy ,but underneath is advanced alien technology, that makes modern cellphones and satelite phones look extremely poor attempts by comparison.
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:34:12 AM by dutchy »

?

frenat

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 08:15:53 AM »
You realize you provided zero evidence of any lies from NASA in that rant right?

Very distant mountains that show very slight differences as expected but look largely the same because they are very distant.  What's the problem besides Aulis doesn't know what they are talking about as usual?

?

dutchy

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
Very distant mountains that show very slight differences as expected but look largely the same because they are very distant.  What's the problem besides Aulis doesn't know what they are talking about as usual?
And this is supposed to be a genuine explaination ?? ....wow i expected much better from a Clavius apprentice.

Aulis is much more professional than the astronomer amatures from Clavius, but each to his own frenat.

?

frenat

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 08:30:29 AM »
And this is supposed to be a genuine explaination ?? ....wow i expected much better from a Clavius apprentice.

Aulis is much more professional than the astronomer amatures from Clavius, but each to his own frenat.
So you can't say what is wrong with it then? 

It is a real explanation whether you like it or not.  The mountains ARE distant.

Aulis is so "professional" that they post articles from people that you can't find any evidence they exist outside of Aulis and were also the dumping ground of anything and everything from Jack White which was mostly just proof he didn't understand perspective and couldn't be bothered to actually research which side of the LM was which.  Good for humor though.

?

dutchy

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 08:41:53 AM »
It is a real explanation whether you like it or not.  The mountains ARE distant.
I know frenat, i followed clavius for years.
This is a genuine explaination in clavalala land.

Some people see a studio set up, with varying set ups.
Others see the moon with an ackward mountain backdrop scene,....''but still very well understood''... ::)

In the normal world the photo with the LM close up would have showed a bigger mountain,...unless it's far far away, but than again it wouldn't add up with the moon's curvature math, now would it ? ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:47:25 AM by dutchy »

onebigmonkey

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 08:46:14 AM »

Do you think the background is identical because you've checked for yourself or because Aulis told you and you're too lazy to check yourself?

Because this shows they are different:

I lined it up on point 'D' but you try it anywhere you like.

Here's a comparison of two of the images from those two panoramas focusing on the south massif. They are aligned exactly on the dip in the massif summit on the right hand edge.

Still think it's a fixed backdrop?

Despite the fact that it looked like Nixon made that call with his office desk landline phone ,in reality they used advanced techniques derived from the crashed UFO at Roswell.
The Telephone looks trashy ,but underneath is advanced alien technology, that makes modern cellphones and satelite phones look extremely poor attempts by comparison.

And if that doesn't prove you're trolling, nothing will.

?

frenat

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »
I know frenat, i followed clavius for years.
This is a genuine explaination in clavalala land.

Some people see a studio set up, with varying set ups.
Others see the moon with an ackward mountain backdrop scene,....''but still very well understood''... ::)

In the normal world the photo with the LM close up would have showed a bigger mountain,...unless it's far far away, but than again it wouldn't add up with the moon's curvature math, now would it ? ;D
Can't be a backdrop because it isn't EXACTLY the same in each shot.  There are minor differences as there should be.

If you don't think it matches how it should look then SHOW YOUR WORK.  I doubt you will though.

It looks correct whether you understand it or not.