Coriolis effects

• 28 Replies
Coriolis effects
« on: April 30, 2017, 11:39:52 PM »
I just trying to believe.
Can anyone explain an alternative reason for the coriolis effects bullet drop at 1000 yards?
Simple data gathering in long range shooting: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> 
Thanks

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Coriolis effects
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:19:12 AM »
Can anyone explain an alternative reason for the coriolis effects bullet drop at 1000 yards?
Simple data gathering in long range shooting: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> 
Thanks
I'm no shooter, long-range or otherwise, but.
The Coriolis effect will cause a deflection, not change of height. Also the Coriolis effect is zero at the equator and most at the poles.
The Eötvös effect will cause a change in elevation and is a maximum at the equator.

The are many references to these effects, one is Long Range SHOOTER, Long Range Shooter, Effects on Ballistic.

This has links to both effects, but for most shooters, up to 1000 yards, the effects are no more than a few inches and would be swamped by other effects.
The only time the Eötvös effect might show is for a rifle perfectly aligned for an eastery shot to be then swung to a westerly shot, when the difference might amount to to over 8 inches. Are you that good at 1000 yards?
But, for most shooters the effects are near enough to negligible.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 04:19:41 PM »
Thanks

Anything that have to with guns, I'm game.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »

Pro Tip: be the hunter, not the game.   ;)

?

dutchy

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 02:33:43 PM »
Ahhh that's why USA baseball players aren't doing well outside the United States.
They forget to take the changing coriolis effect into account when throwing to second base in Cuba or Venezuela  ;D ;D ;D

You guys don't really believe in this coriolis rifle nonsense as shown in the vid, do you ?,....please tell me you don't ....

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 04:04:43 PM »
Ahhh that's why USA baseball players aren't doing well outside the United States.
They forget to take the changing coriolis effect into account when throwing to second base in Cuba or Venezuela  ;D ;D ;D

You guys don't really believe in this coriolis rifle nonsense as shown in the vid, do you ?,....please tell me you don't ....

It is funny that four distinct situations are observed for High Pressure Weather systems and Low Pressure Weather systems, including Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones, in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Northern Hemisphere

Southern Hemisphere
Highs

Clockwise

Anti-clockwise
Lows

Anti-clockwise

Clockwise
Explain that without the Coriolis effect!

Go back to sleep.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »
Rab, since you're not asleep please explain again why coriolis effect applies to bullets and not airplanes.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 11:27:25 AM »
Rab, since you're not asleep please explain again why coriolis effect applies to bullets and not airplanes.

It does apply to aircraft. However, aircraft are actively powered and controlled to counteract the effect.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 11:40:23 AM »

You dutchy don't really believe we'll take your word over established fact, do you ?,.... please tell me you don't ....

?

dutchy

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 11:57:40 AM »
You dutchy don't really believe we'll take your word over established fact, do you ?,.... please tell me you don't ....
Please don't, simply do a little brain massage

I am absolutely sure that without a compass in something like the Boeing Everett Factory we won't see any differences whatsoever when the gunmen shooting have no clue in what direction they are aiming. No wind, no compass, no daylight, just aiming to see if we can observe the coriolis effect.

Without any pre knowledge through compass, sunlight and wind that could seriously influence the aiming capacity of the gunmen we have a much better set up to test the coriolis effect than what is showed in such idiotic video's !

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »

I am absolutely sure that without a compass in something like the Boeing Everett Factory we won't see any differences whatsoever when the gunmen shooting have no clue in what direction they are aiming. No wind, no compass, no daylight, just aiming to see if we can observe the coriolis effect.

Without any pre knowledge through compass, sunlight and wind that could seriously influence the aiming capacity of the gunmen we have a much better set up to test the coriolis effect than what is showed in such idiotic video's !

Sounds scientific, so why don't you test it for us and prove the world wrong? Since you know, you're smarter than the entire scientific community...

Wait, I already know your response:

"I can't test this! I don't have the resources and NASA will shoot me if I try to do any coriolis effect tests. So I guess we'll never know since you can't trust anyone  who has done a scientific test and put it on youtube. ... BTW check out this youtube video that totally destroys RE theory."

?

dutchy

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 03:59:12 PM »
Sounds scientific, so why don't you test it for us and prove the world wrong? Since you know, you're smarter than the entire scientific community...
Reversed engineering ?
Those showing off the coriolis effect should have done a similar set up as i proposed. Why ?
Because that is the very nature of scientific research. We don't need winds or human gunmen pre conditioned with direction and certain ''effects'' .Just give it your best shot with similar circomstances in all directions without knowledge in which direction you are aiming.
No...instead we go outside and give all sorts of info to the gunmen about a certain ''coriolis'' effect.
Ask any psychologist if and how that kind of set up influences the outcome !!!!!

"I can't test this! I don't have the resources and NASA will shoot me if I try to do any coriolis effect tests. So I guess we'll never know since you can't trust anyone  who has done a scientific test and put it on youtube. ... BTW check out this youtube video that totally destroys RE theory."
I can repeat myself if you insist :

If the scientific community was serious about the coriolis effect and bullets, then it is absurd that an indoors set up wasn't arranged by now.
In fact it is totally inexcusable when the same ''scientific community'' uses gunmen with compasses and other devises outside to proof the coriolis effect.
A deliberate invalid test facility on all accounts....down the counterclockwise drain i would say..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anything else sir ?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:02:21 PM by dutchy »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 03:26:52 AM »

Coriolis is quite a small correction in small arns fire maybe 4 ins in 1000 yds and can easily be swamped by other factors.

But, if you want big Coriolis, here's big Coriolis and long-range artillery, and the Coriolis Effect, try the "Paris Gun" used by Germany in WW I. It's at ranges like thus where the Coriolis and Eötvös effects become essential.

Have a look at:
Quote from: G. Trifkovic

In June 2002 issue of Military Heritage there is an article on Paris gun and a good part of it is about calculations that needed to be done in order to ensure accuracy. So,the Germans digged out the works of one Gustave Gaspard Coriolis (1792-1843),who in 1835 published his Sur les Equations du Mouvement Relatif des Systemes de Corps ("On the equations of Relative Motion of System of Bodies"),in which he stated that ,due to spherical nature of the Earth and it's rotation, a moving object on a north-south vector would be affected by the relative rotational speeds of launch and impact points. Earlier German use of long-range guns (firing from Lugenboom on Dunkirk), didn't have to take into account Coriolis Effect, because the firing site and target were on an east-west axis. Obscure mathematician von Eberhardt, at the time working for Krupp, understood the problems of firing on the north-south axis, so he based his research on Coriolis' works and made calculations accordingly.
Being advised on the site of the gun (Crepy-an-Laonnois), he estimated rotational speed of Paris at 567 mph on the 49th parallel and that of Laon at 555.55mph on the 48th parallel.So, an adjustment of 11.58 mph had to be provided for the laying of the gun. Also, he calculated the estimated flight time at 176 seconds and this called for easterly correction of 0.5659 miles to compensate for differing rotational speeds of gun and target.
I am not too keen on math  ::) but this article really captured me, showing how much hard work (apart from technical aspects) was needed just to fire this gun. And all this was done without computer...  :o

Cheers,

GAius

Such a pity you weren't there to tell those Germans that Gustave Gaspard Coriolis was wrong. ;D ;D

But then the flat earth religion joke wasn't invented in time to advise Gustave Gaspard Coriolis;D ;D

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 09:09:53 AM »
I'll take a right to answer instead of Futile because he will answer the same thing anyway.

Rab, don't spill lies. You are a liar. Stop posting here your bullshit.

Compensation of 0.5659 miles. LOL

So stupid LOL

You are round earthers  followers of your religion so pathetic

You cannot give any evidence to your religion

LOL
 ;D ;D

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 09:30:50 PM »
I'll take a right to answer instead of Futile because he will answer the same thing anyway.

So stupid LOL

LOL
 ;D ;D
Do you mean we don't need Resistance.is.a.Failure anymore.

But, I doubt that even with your undoubted ingenuity, you could stoop to his level of utter ignorance.
 ;D You haven't got the "LOL" quite right, it's "Lol".  ;D
Keep at it, with a bit of practice you'll get rid of any trace of intelligence and gradual become Totally.Futile

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 03:23:05 AM »
Reversed engineering ?
Those showing off the coriolis effect should have done a similar set up as i proposed. Why ?
Because that is the very nature of scientific research. We don't need winds or human gunmen pre conditioned with direction and certain ''effects'' .Just give it your best shot with similar circomstances in all directions without knowledge in which direction you are aiming.
No...instead we go outside and give all sorts of info to the gunmen about a certain ''coriolis'' effect.
Ask any psychologist if and how that kind of set up influences the outcome !!!!!

I can repeat myself if you insist :

If the scientific community was serious about the coriolis effect and bullets, then it is absurd that an indoors set up wasn't arranged by now.
In fact it is totally inexcusable when the same ''scientific community'' uses gunmen with compasses and other devises outside to proof the coriolis effect.
A deliberate invalid test facility on all accounts....down the counterclockwise drain i would say..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anything else sir ?

Since you're the one here who doesn't believe the coriolis effect on ballistic projectiles it's up to you to prove it wrong and probably become a legend in the process. And it's not even a tricky task, you only need a large square hangar and a jobless sniper with a decent enough rifle.
Pay him a carton and 50 bucks, and I'm sure he'll be happy to blast the living shit out of that annoying coriolis crap.  ;)
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

?

dutchy

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 03:37:21 AM »
Since you're the one here who doesn't believe the coriolis effect on ballistic projectiles it's up to you to prove it wrong and probably become a legend in the process. And it's not even a tricky task, you only need a large square hangar and a jobless sniper with a decent enough rifle.
Pay him a carton and 50 bucks, and I'm sure he'll be happy to blast the living shit out of that annoying coriolis crap.  ;)
Again you and others use reversed reasoning....can't you see that ?
Normal gunmen simply aim and take different weather conditions (wind) into consideration.
Do you really think any sane person at war aiming for the enemy is taking the coriolis effect into account while barely knowing in wich direction they are aiming most of the time ?
They should if it was real, because they would miss their target more often  than not...if the coriolis effect was real and influenced the bullet's path.
Scientism has intruded the real world surpressing humanity with insane nonsense to support their spinning globe, that was never taken into account prior to this ''discovery''.

Since they altered reality by implementing the ''coriolis effect on bullets''. it is up to them to proof this new reality.
And the proof in the outdoors video just supports my views that it is based on deliberate extremely poor scientific research (talking about the coriolis effect on bullets)
that shows absolutely nothing whatsoever...besides your immagination.
Are you people really that gullible when watching that goofy video ?

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 03:48:16 AM »
So no experiment by you on that matter?
You just made one jobless and desperate sniper very sad.  :-\
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 04:08:39 AM »
Flatties once again so dumb, I really appreciate it. Better than comedy  ;D
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 05:50:35 AM »
I had read and re-read this and can't work out what you mean!

Why would any "scientific community" make an "indoors set" to test the Coriolis and Eötvös effects?

No-one in the scientific community cares in the slightest about what know-it-all dutchy wants.

The Coriolis effect was predicted by Gaspard-Gustave de Coriolis and found to agree with observations, whether you like it or not!
The Eötvös effect was found by physicist Baron Roland von Eötvös while studying the results of gravimetric measurements from moving ships.

Maybe you should have expressed your disagreement at the time and asserted that these things are impossible on a stationary flat earth.

A bit tough that the results of these measurements do not fit your idea of the earth's shape.

I would say that the logical conclusion from that is that your idea of the earth's shape is wrong!

Or should we fake all our measurements and observations to fit your preconceived ideas?
Well, Mr dutchy, that ain't going to happen nohow!
Just get used to being wrong, wrong, wrong!
PS  ;D ;D ;D Sorry, NASA doesn't come into it!  ;D ;D ;D

?

dutchy

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »
Flatties once again so dumb, I really appreciate it. Better than comedy  ;D
No, one thing that is easily shown, globers have destroyed humor, human emotions and human senses long ago when they joined the church of scientism.
When they walk in the beauty of nature (i doubt they ever do) they think that shining sun in the sky is a burning nuclear fusion ball of plasma and gas.
More so....they convinced themselves it is located in a far far away vacuum 150.000.000 km away.

Enjoy your ugly world why i'll  enjoy mine  ;D

Poor number 324  ::) he hardly goes outside anymore....

?

dutchy

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 07:14:57 AM »
I had read and re-read this and can't work out what you mean!

Why would any "scientific community" make an "indoors set" to test the Coriolis and Eötvös effects?

No-one in the scientific community cares in the slightest about what know-it-all dutchy wants.

The Coriolis effect was predicted by Gaspard-Gustave de Coriolis and found to agree with observations, whether you like it or not!
The Eötvös effect was found by physicist Baron Roland von Eötvös while studying the results of gravimetric measurements from moving ships.

Maybe you should have expressed your disagreement at the time and asserted that these things are impossible on a stationary flat earth.

A bit tough that the results of these measurements do not fit your idea of the earth's shape.

I would say that the logical conclusion from that is that your idea of the earth's shape is wrong!

Or should we fake all our measurements and observations to fit your preconceived ideas?
Well, Mr dutchy, that ain't going to happen nohow!
Just get used to being wrong, wrong, wrong!
PS  ;D ;D ;D Sorry, NASA doesn't come into it!  ;D ;D ;D
Your highpriests of scientism aren't mine to worship rabbi, so thank you that they don't care about me....it means i'm free.
You attend the church of scientism, i am not.
Your highpriests have done nothing for me or humanity in particular, so excuse me if i behave like een apostate, because i don't want to be part of your church anymore.

Maybe time to go door to door with a fellow member of the scientism church to spread magazines (the wathtower of globe earth) to counter attack the war on scientism before you loose to many members ?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 02:37:34 PM »
You're really funny  ;D
I appreciate your effort  :)
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 12:46:18 PM »
Do you really think any sane person at war aiming for the enemy is taking the coriolis effect into account while barely knowing in wich direction they are aiming most of the time ?
They should if it was real, because they would miss their target more often  than not...if the coriolis effect was real and influenced the bullet's path.
Scientism has intruded the real world surpressing humanity with insane nonsense to support their spinning globe, that was never taken into account prior to this ''discovery''.

Since they altered reality by implementing the ''coriolis effect on bullets''. it is up to them to proof this new reality.
And the proof in the outdoors video just supports my views that it is based on deliberate extremely poor scientific research (talking about the coriolis effect on bullets)
that shows absolutely nothing whatsoever...besides your immagination.
Are you people really that gullible when watching that goofy video ?

The demonstration video is not supposed to be scientific research. No one cares if you believe it or not, they're just showing you an concrete example of it. They already did the experiments millennia ago when they realized long range weaponry would be way off target. Hey it turns out if you account for the effect, you hit your target! Surprise surprise!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 01:08:33 PM »
Umm...  How many 1000+ yd indoor shooting ranges do you suppose there are?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »

Pro Tip: be the hunter, not the game.   ;)

Clever.  ;D

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 12:15:18 PM »

I didn't knew baseball players threw balls at supersonic speed across fields up to 3 miles long.

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »

Because airplanes have things call flight controls that overcome the coreolis effect.

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »

So stupid LOL

LOL
 ;D ;D

Wow! You're so intimidating and convincing when you spout insults rather than actually debunking claims with evidence.