Airplanes don't exist

• 52 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Airplanes don't exist
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2017, 07:36:41 PM »
I suggest you buy an airplane ticket and see for yourself.
And, if you see something you can't explain, isn't it more likely that you are hallucinating than that it's real? Think of the dragons.

Joking aside. Anyway, I think that the solution to the FlatAssembler's puzzle is that the Torricelli's law dictates the speed of the fluid right when it's left the container. Of course the fluid needs to accelerate in the container to reach that speed.

Pretty good tbh.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 09:59:09 AM »
So, what do you think, is this thread really useful to link the conspiracy theorists to?

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 11:28:53 AM »
The arguments I've used may even be too smart for most of the conspiracy theorists to understand.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.
This is my parody of the conspiracy theorists:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71184.0
This is my attempt to refute the Flat-Earth theory:

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 09:11:17 PM »
The arguments I've used may even be too smart for most of the conspiracy theorists to understand.
I'm willing to bet that they may even be too smart for you to understand.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
Sometimes I think people just like to argue because they enjoy it.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 10:18:19 AM »
Sometimes I think people just like to argue because they enjoy it.

WELL I THINK YOU'RE WRONG!
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2020, 06:45:46 PM »
Our culture makes us hold many irrational beliefs. One of them is demonstrably the belief that airplanes exist. It's told us by our parents, told by our teachers, and most of us never really investigate it. And there is not much evidence of that.
Most of the arguments we use to prove airplanes exist can be used to prove that dragons exist as well. We sometimes see white lines in the sky and we say they are evidence of jet airplanes. But saying they are the evidence of dragons is just as valid. There are people who say they have flown on an airplane, and use it as a proof that airplanes exist. But they could just as easily say it for dragons. And history tells us that before people claimed to have flown on a dragon just as often as people say today they have been on an airplane.
In reality, what we usually mean when we say airplane is so called jet airplane, and they can be disproven with some basic physics. Jet airplanes are supposed to work by having water (or some other liquid) as a fuel and engines forcing that water to go out, so that that water accelerates and, by the Newton's third law, makes the airplane accelerate also. But remember the Torricelli's law? Most of the people have learned it school, they just have never really thought about it. If they have, they would realize that it makes  the airplanes impossible.
One of the well-known formulations of the Torricelli's law is that, when a liquid goes through a small hole (an outlet), its speed is determined by the formula:
Code: [Select]
v=sqrt(2*g*h)But there is a pretty obvious implication here. That is:
a=0The Newton's second law tells us:
F=m*aTherefore:
F=m*a=m*0=0So, by the Newton's third law:
F1=-F2
0=-F2
F2=-0=0
So, the force acting on an airplane itself is zero, so by the Newton's first law:
F=0
 |
 V
a=0
So, how can jet airplanes work in reality if they don't even work on paper? You may give me some counter-example to the Torricelli's law. But do the counter-examples matter? They don't. The Torricelli's law is derived from the Bernoulli's equation, and it's derived right from the Newton's three axioms.
Also, the burden of proof is definitely on you. You can't prove for anything that doesn't exist that it doesn't exist, but, in general, if something exists, you are able to prove it. And Occam's razor always favors more an explanation that involves someone lying or hallucinating than an explanation that involves something as complicated and as crazy sounding as airplanes.
And you might ask me what if I am wrong. So what if I am wrong? At least I am thinking about whether airplanes exist, and other people aren't thinking about that at all, they just accept what most people believe as fact. And you are way more likely to be wrong if you aren't thinking than if you are thinking.
(This is a satire of many arguments made on this forum!)
I know that jet airplanes are real, alls I have to do is look out my window on a daily basis.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2020, 07:14:34 PM »
I know that jet airplanes are real, all I have to do is look out my window on a daily basis.

You must be a part of the worldwide conspiracy that falsely teaches that the airplanes really exist ;).

So the onus is on YOU to prove that when you look out your window on a daily basis and see real passenger jet airplanes:
Maybe all you're seeing is this sort of thing:

You could post your own video but, of course, if I cannot personally verify that, it's probably just a CGV and more fabricated evidence.

Just remember that us airplane deniers start with the knowledge that airplanes don't exist. All the evidence which we are personally able to collect and verify confirms this fact. As a consequence, all the evidence to the contrary, much of which we are unable to personally test/verify is viewed as being false. The existence of such a huge quantity of false information indicates the existence of the conspiracy.

Essentially the reasoning boils down to -

P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated
P2) The non-existence of airplanes is an obvious truth
P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the non-existence of airplanes
C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the non-existence of airplanes is therefore fabricated evidence
P4) If there are large amounts of fabricated evidence then there must be a conspiracy to fabricate it
P5) There is a large amount of fabricated evidence (see C1)
C2) There must be a conspiracy to fabricate it.

So, therefore Mr MouseWalker, you are proven a part of the worldwide conspiracy that falsely teaches that the airplanes really exist ;).

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2020, 07:35:39 PM »
I know that jet airplanes are real, all I have to do is look out my window on a daily basis.

You must be a part of the worldwide conspiracy that falsely teaches that the airplanes really exist ;).

So the onus is on YOU to prove that when you look out your window on a daily basis and see real passenger jet airplanes:

You could post your own video but, of course, if I cannot personally verify that, it's probably just a CGV and more fabricated evidence.

Just remember that us airplane deniers start with the knowledge that airplanes don't exist. All the evidence which we are personally able to collect and verify confirms this fact. As a consequence, all the evidence to the contrary, much of which we are unable to personally test/verify is viewed as being false. The existence of such a huge quantity of false information indicates the existence of the conspiracy.

P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated
P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the non-existence of airplanes
C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the non-existence of airplanes is therefore fabricated evidence
P4) If there are large amounts of fabricated evidence then there must be a conspiracy to fabricate it

So, therefore Mr MouseWalker, you are proven a part of the worldwide conspiracy that falsely teaches that the airplanes really exist ;).

LOL : that is all true in your CAVE; but I don't live in a cave nor do I wish to visit yours, so come out come out where are your up is my down, and I am the one that is hanging by my feet from you're point of view.
The earth is a globe.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2020, 08:46:09 PM »

LOL : that is all true in your CAVE; but I don't live in a cave nor do I wish to visit yours, so come out come out where are your up is my down, and I am the one that is hanging by my feet from you're point of view.
Why should Globe deniers have a monopoly on this conspiracy businesses?

OK, I'm out and my up is up and my down is down and I'll leave you to your hanging around.

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 10:22:52 PM »

OK, I'm out and my up is up and my down is down and I'll leave you to your hanging around.
and sea-tac is a north-south runway that moves out from under the airplane lol!
The earth is a globe.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2020, 01:13:20 AM »

and sea-tac is a north-south runway that moves out from under the airplane lol!
They just have to release the wheel-clamps and the plane drops into the air ???.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2020, 02:28:47 AM »
I've translated that parody of conspiracy theorists to Croatian.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2020, 02:47:46 AM »
I hope you're not ridiculing the existence of dragons?
Especially with all science of the Dragonriders of Pern presented by Anne McCaffrey.

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2020, 03:13:57 AM »
Only conspiracy which is REAL C:-)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2020, 04:45:24 AM »
This only can be a parody. We have reported its being a parody three years ago, but management team have ignored our reports. I guess now they can be convinced its being a parody, because OP'er admits his crime.

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2020, 02:09:20 PM »
I would love to ride a dragon once, actually. Airplanes are really lame...  :-\

I hear they have baby dragons in boxes on the other forum if you dare to open one.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2020, 05:16:39 PM »
This only can be a parody. We have reported its being a parody three years ago, but management team have ignored our reports. I guess now they can be convinced its being a parody, because OP'er admits his crime.

There is no "crime"! The video is "Stive Morgan - #Electronic Feelings by Byyassar and makes no claim's at all about "reality".

Why should the managemen be concerned?

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2020, 05:36:17 PM »
Our culture makes us hold many irrational beliefs. One of them is demonstrably the belief that airplanes exist. It's told us by our parents, told by our teachers, and most of us never really investigate it. And there is not much evidence of that.
Most of the arguments we use to prove airplanes exist can be used to prove that dragons exist as well. We sometimes see white lines in the sky and we say they are evidence of jet airplanes. But saying they are the evidence of dragons is just as valid. There are people who say they have flown on an airplane, and use it as a proof that airplanes exist. But they could just as easily say it for dragons. And history tells us that before people claimed to have flown on a dragon just as often as people say today they have been on an airplane.
In reality, what we usually mean when we say airplane is so called jet airplane, and they can be disproven with some basic physics. Jet airplanes are supposed to work by having water (or some other liquid) as a fuel and engines forcing that water to go out, so that that water accelerates and, by the Newton's third law, makes the airplane accelerate also. But remember the Torricelli's law? Most of the people have learned it school, they just have never really thought about it. If they have, they would realize that it makes  the airplanes impossible.
One of the well-known formulations of the Torricelli's law is that, when a liquid goes through a small hole (an outlet), its speed is determined by the formula:
F=m*aTherefore:
F1=-F2
0=-F2
F2=-0=0
So, the force acting on an airplane itself is zero, so by the Newton's first law:
F=0
 |
 V
a=0
So, how can jet airplanes work in reality if they don't even work on paper? You may give me some counter-example to the Torricelli's law. But do the counter-examples matter? They don't. The Torricelli's law is derived from the Bernoulli's equation, and it's derived right from the Newton's three axioms.
Also, the burden of proof is definitely on you. You can't prove for anything that doesn't exist that it doesn't exist, but, in general, if something exists, you are able to prove it. And Occam's razor always favors more an explanation that involves someone lying or hallucinating than an explanation that involves something as complicated and as crazy sounding as airplanes.
And you might ask me what if I am wrong. So what if I am wrong? At least I am thinking about whether airplanes exist, and other people aren't thinking about that at all, they just accept what most people believe as fact. And you are way more likely to be wrong if you aren't thinking than if you are thinking.
Then what is the thing that flies over my house on a daily basis.

The earth is a globe.

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2022, 10:51:26 PM »
 I have also written a Croatian version of this parody of conspiracy theorists: https://flatassembler.github.io/AvioniNePostoje.pdf
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2023, 03:55:24 PM »

to get evidence, all you have to do is go to the nearest airport.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2023, 12:51:29 AM »
F=m*aTherefore:
F1=-F2
0=-F2
F2=-0=0
F=0
 |
 V
a=0

Yes, airplanes do exist.

What you should really be doubting is Newton's theories.

Recall that buoyancy and water displacement was a thing as far back as Archimedes. Unlike Newton, that man was a genius.
https://interestingengineering.com/lists/7-amazing-inventions-from-archimedes
So this means all buoyancy formulas that involve gravity? They're lies! They're not part of the original formula for buoyancy, they have math added in using variables that shouldn't be there.

An airplane is often (correctly) called an airship. On the principles of weight distribution and aerodynamics, the plane is able to fly with the addition of propulsion.

Birds shouldn't fly either with gravitational theory, but they do! They flap their wings and their light bodies overcome their tendency to fall based on being heavier than air.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2023, 02:14:05 PM »
What you should really be doubting is Newton's theories.
Why?  Newton's Laws of motion work just fine.  In fact, you can verify them for yourself.
https://www.teachingexpertise.com/classroom-ideas/newtons-laws-of-motion-activities-for-middle-school/

So this means all buoyancy formulas that involve gravity? They're lies! They're not part of the original formula for buoyancy, they have math added in using variables that shouldn't be there.
Would you care to post the original buoyancy formula that didn't include gravity?  If you're thinking of buoyant force = weight of displaced fluid, then recall that weight is defined as mass * g.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.