Google Earth

• 15 Replies
Google Earth
« on: June 29, 2017, 05:29:30 PM »
This is my first post, so greetings everyone! Cross posting from the other fes forum
I think the earth is round, and I have a strong background in conventional physics/engineering, but of course I'm open to the idea that it is all wrong, if you have a compelling alternative.

As for google earth - I think the existence of google earth (any atlas/highly detailed map of the globe really), along with so many people able to verify its accuracy at their home, is the strongest evidence for a round earth. I will assume that the earth is flat, or any other non spherical shape (so technically this reasoning doesn't disprove a hollow earth), and that google is in on the conspiracy and has practically infinite capabilities. They would have to build a false spherical model of the earth that is locally accurate everywhere that there are people who can search up their own address. They would find that it is impossible to stretch a flat surface around a round one without creating discontinuities like stretching and incorrect scaling in different places. There would end up being ripples or folds that have to be cut out of the model or moved around, and detail everywhere would have to be made up. Even placing a single small continent on the globe would be challenging because the perimeter would be too big to fit on a sphere without stretching it around.

This stretching problem I think is the same reason that there are no good detailed maps of the flat earth. It is impossible to create because every continent has a spherical surface, and would result in stretching if you tried to put it on a flat map. The existence of a map of the flat earth with road or maybe even town border level of detail would be proof of a flat earth, if the earth were flat. If you were to set off and start building a digital 3d map of the world, you would eventually find things not quite lining up, for example distances between landmarks far away from the center of your map would appear farther apart from each other.

I would like to know if anyone has a FET explination to how google has accomplished this global model if it is fake yet still lines up everywhere locally.

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
Re: Google Earth
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 12:02:53 AM »
Generally Google Earth is just a simulation, so it doesn't prove anything.

>> They would have to build a false spherical model of the earth that is locally accurate everywhere that there are people who can search up their own address.
This is easily achievable. When you zoom-in so much you see the actual buildings and streets, the surface could be approximated by a plane. I'm pretty sure that behind the GE this is what it does. Because frankly there is no need to render a spheroid when you are at that zoom level.

>> I would like to know if anyone has a FET explination to how google has accomplished this global model if it is fake yet still lines up everywhere locally.
Isn't it obvious that Google is part of THE CONSPIRACY?

FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

JackBlack

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 01:30:41 AM »
That depends upon the level of accuracy, which they could manipulate during the zooming process.

For example, this is a map of Earth with minimal distortion of shape and size:

It just has the continents in the wrong place relative to each other in some cases.
A better one to show that would be this:

Which shows large sections missing from Earth.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 03:35:22 AM »
Google Earth simply takes a lot of small pictures and stiches them into the shape that the Earth is purported to have.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »
Google Earth simply takes a lot of small pictures and stiches them into the shape that the Earth is purported to have.

So if you try to stitch images together locally but you are assuming the wrong curvature, you will eventually end up at a huge gap like this. You can try to keep the gaps over ocean and ditribute the error by stretching everything a bit.
That depends upon the level of accuracy, which they could manipulate during the zooming process.

For example, this is a map of Earth with minimal distortion of shape and size:

It just has the continents in the wrong place relative to each other in some cases.
A better one to show that would be this:

Which shows large sections missing from Earth.

This is better than any other fe map ive seen before where australia is screwed up, but you would run into trouble at higher detail. For example the us highway system is well documented on google earth, and you can verify scaling, mile markers, and consistency yourself. If the earth were flat then there would have to be stretching going on in the middle of the us and squeezing around the corners.

Generally Google Earth is just a simulation, so it doesn't prove anything.

>> They would have to build a false spherical model of the earth that is locally accurate everywhere that there are people who can search up their own address.
This is easily achievable. When you zoom-in so much you see the actual buildings and streets, the surface could be approximated by a plane. I'm pretty sure that behind the GE this is what it does. Because frankly there is no need to render a spheroid when you are at that zoom level.

>> I would like to know if anyone has a FET explination to how google has accomplished this global model if it is fake yet still lines up everywhere locally.
Isn't it obvious that Google is part of THE CONSPIRACY?

Like I said in the original post, it doesnt matter if google is in on it because this simulation would be impossible or full of flaws if earth were flat.

JackBlack

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 03:31:36 PM »
This is better than any other fe map ive seen before where australia is screwed up, but you would run into trouble at higher detail. For example the us highway system is well documented on google earth, and you can verify scaling, mile markers, and consistency yourself. If the earth were flat then there would have to be stretching going on in the middle of the us and squeezing around the corners.
But at higher detail you lose the bigger picture and thus can have it slightly distorted.
Verifying the scaling is the hard part unless you are making the map yourself.

The big issue with this is things like starting in Australia, heading south and ending up in Antarctica.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 09:19:54 PM »
Google Earth photos and arranges them any way they want.  They even included Sandy island, which is a non-existant island, on their world view because it has been placed on maps for centuries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Island,_New_Caledonia

JackBlack

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 09:29:45 PM »
Google Earth photos and arranges them any way they want.  They even included Sandy island, which is a non-existant island, on their world view because it has been placed on maps for centuries.

Do you have any justification for that? Specifically that there were Google Earth (not maps, so the satellite photos) photos that had this non-existent island?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »

Do you have any justification for that? Specifically that there were Google Earth (not maps, so the satellite photos) photos that had this non-existent island?

https://www.google.com/search?q=google+earth+sandy+island+pics&client=tablet-android-alco&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio4dO-oefUAhXH5SYKHVLhDZoQ_AUICigC&biw=1024&bih=600#imgrc=6AMddaOxrkT5gM:

JackBlack

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 09:59:35 PM »

https://www.google.com/search?q=google+earth+sandy+island+pics&client=tablet-android-alco&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio4dO-oefUAhXH5SYKHVLhDZoQ_AUICigC&biw=1024&bih=600#imgrc=6AMddaOxrkT5gM:
I don't see any island there. Just an issue with how they try to obtain images of land vs sea.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 10:09:40 PM »

I don't see any island there. Just an issue with how they try to obtain images of land vs sea.

That is an odd way to say, "They drew it where it is supposed to be and then outlined it and wrote the words Sandy Island on it."

JackBlack

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 01:20:27 AM »

That is an odd way to say, "They drew it where it is supposed to be and then outlined it and wrote the words Sandy Island on it."
No, it is an odd way to say "They used a land mask from bad data to determine the land from the sea and treated the 2 differently".

What they didn't do was photoshop a picture of the non-existent island in.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 03:27:54 AM »

No, it is an odd way to say "They used a land mask from bad data to determine the land from the sea and treated the 2 differently".

What they didn't do was photoshop a picture of the non-existent island in.

Google Earth does not, generally, take photos over open water.  Look it up.  ::)

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 01:25:49 PM »

If anything that goes to show the amount of scrutiny that the public puts into finding flaws with google maps. And a single false island would be much harder to find than huge amounts of extra or missing or stretched land.

JackBlack

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 02:54:47 PM »
Google Earth does not, generally, take photos over open water.  Look it up.  ::)
Well last I checked Google doesn't actually take the photos and instead uses the photos provided to them.
Again, they have the photos from satellites with a land mask applied to get the photos they want.

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 05:23:25 PM »
Well last I checked Google doesn't actually take the photos and instead uses the photos provided to them.
Again, they have the photos from satellites with a land mask applied to get the photos they want.

Most recent update to Google maps that I can find anything about, in 2016, they updated to data provided by the U.S. Geological Survey’s (USGS) Landsat 8 satellite.