The upcoming US-crossing total solar eclipse

• 9 Replies
The upcoming US-crossing total solar eclipse
« on: June 27, 2017, 08:50:58 AM »
As most of us probably already know, there will be a total solar eclipse crossing the mainland US on August 21st.  We know and can predict this precisely using the round-earth, heliocentric, moon-orbiting-the-earth model that sane rational people know to be scientific fact.

So my questions are: what is the FE explanation for this phenomenon?  What is an eclipse if it's not the moon moving between the earth and the sun, casting its shadow over a proportionally sized area of earth's surface?  How can RE theory predict these events with pinpoint precision if it is untrue?  Does the massive conspiracy theory still hold up if their model works to predict celestial events 100% of the time?  Can FE theory be mathematically shown to predict upcoming eclipses, comets, planetary alignments, etc as RE can, and has, for centuries?

I'm lucky enough to live about 3 hours from the path of totality and will be taking the day off for a little road trip up to Idaho Falls to take pictures and video as I've never experienced such an event, and it's unlikely I'll be this conveniently close to one again any time soon.  I'll try to remember to share my pics and video here for everyone.

"Earth round, you wrong!" - preferred level of syntax so FE fools don't get too confused.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: The upcoming US-crossing total solar eclipse
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:10:26 AM »
For the love of-
The third thread on the same topic in the past week. It doesn't need another. If you have more to contribute, post in the active thread.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71057.0
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 09:17:36 AM »
Calm down - take a look at the first (and for that matter, second) pages of threads in here - not a single mention of the word "eclipse," going back to threads that haven't been touched in over a month.  Sorry I didn't search every thread in every forum for it - I kinda assumed that a thread about the eclipse might include that word in the title, like mine did, and that it would be in the debate section, though that's the only one I tend to go to.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 09:20:13 AM by Ucfmba2007 »
"Earth round, you wrong!" - preferred level of syntax so FE fools don't get too confused.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 11:34:43 AM »
Calm down - take a look at the first (and for that matter, second) pages of threads in here - not a single mention of the word "eclipse," going back to threads that haven't been touched in over a month.  Sorry I didn't search every thread in every forum for it - I kinda assumed that a thread about the eclipse might include that word in the title, like mine did, and that it would be in the debate section, though that's the only one I tend to go to.
Just irritating when people make threads when it really doesn't seem like they care about the responses. It pretty clearly has 'eclipse' in the title, did you even look at the link?
It's been active for several days, even a cursory look over the main fora would've found it.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:50:06 PM »

We know and can predict this precisely using the round-earth, heliocentric, moon-orbiting-the-earth model that sane rational people know to be scientific fact.

You calculated this on your own, or you saw it on the interweb and claim it as your own research?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 11:30:07 PM »
Solar eclipse huh? What parlour tricks will they come up with next?  8)  :P

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 11:27:21 AM »

We know and can predict this precisely using the round-earth, heliocentric, moon-orbiting-the-earth model that sane rational people know to be scientific fact.

You calculated this on your own, or you saw it on the interweb and claim it as your own research?

Where did he say any such thing?

Is he wrong to claim that WE can and do calculate, very precisely, these celestial phenomenon?

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 11:38:44 AM »

Is he wrong to claim that WE can and do calculate, very precisely, these celestial phenomenon?

Are you claiming that YOU have calculated this?

JackBlack

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 02:05:28 PM »

Are you claiming that "we" must always refer to people as individuals rather than "we" as all of humanity or "we" as round Earthers?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »

To what do you attribute the accuracy with which the upcoming eclipse has been predicted?

would you care to wager on said accuracy?

That is the great thing about the human species. A single person doesn't need to do everything, but together, we can do anything.

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.