The Earth is flat... now what?

• 443 Replies
Re: The Earth is flat... now what?
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2017, 05:07:58 AM »
I will be repeating my post until the point raised have been adressed rather than the method of misdirection which is being employed by you and the other BELIEVERS.

I have proof I can show you a video that shows Boats come back over the horizon after dissappearing or a complete mountain range that is visable some 250 miles away which means the image/light has magically got round 41000 ft of curvature  :o

Or I can show you a video of a amateur rocket going up over 70 miles showing a flat plane  or a high altitude
weather Balloon showing a flat horizon.

I can show you the 1950 s newsreel of project ECHO the NASA magic space Balloon which contradicts modern science and Space.

I believe the earth to be Flat based on observation and have yet to see any evidence to prove otherwise

I have been to many other countries and I have learnt about His-Story I just don't believe it.

I have studied in Electrical Engineering to degree level.

This has nothing to do with my argument so can you please address the points raised rather than offering a psychological evaluation which is just a form of misdirection.

Let's look at the fundermental principles of your religion.

Relativity:

Nobody has travelled at the speed of light nobody ever will so this has never been verified.= Theory / Hypothesis (Bollocks)

Gravity :

One of your Gods Neil DeGrasse-Tyson can't describe it.
Its is a magical force it allows Birds and Planes to fly near its point of origin but stops our pressurised atmosphere escaping into the infinite vacuum of space  
(Bollocks)

Heliocentric model.

Nobody has seen the Earth and the So called plane t's orbiting the sun.
Nobody has seen the so called Solar System moving through the Galaxy.
(Bollocks)

Nobody has seen the  so called Milky Way moving through the Universe.
(Bollocks)

Nobody has seen a so called black hole.
(Bollocks)

Your religion is based on hypothesis /theory and bollocks most of which has not been verified.

There are no videos of the above or real evidence just hypothesis /theory and bollocks so you are the idiots for following a religion that is based on hypothesis that have not been verified
you just believe whatever your religious leaders have told you.

I believe in what I have observed and verified for myself.

The vast majority of you believers are delusional or liars you have not seen the GLOBE the only place the GLOBE is visable is from deep space and NOBODY has been in deep space.

Let's look at the Facts:

Nobody has seen the GLOBE.

Nobody will ever see the GLOBE.

Nobody has travelled at the speed of light.

Nobody ever will travel at the speed of light.

TimE doesn't physically exist.

Nobody has travelled through time.

Nobody ever will travel through time.

Nobody has accelerated time.

Nobody has slowed time down.

Your religion is based on Hypothesis/Theory and Bollocks.

Can you explain how Gravity works and where it comes from ?

This is a Flat Earth Forum not a Heliocentric Forum so you are the trolls.

« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2017, 05:16:08 AM »

This has nothing to do with my argument so can you please address the points raised rather than offering a psychological evaluation which is just a form of misdirection.

you brought up that you have studied in Electrical Engineering to degree level.
you tried to appear smarter than you are.

as we looked closer into that post you pull back, tells a lot about how you argue.

« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2017, 05:25:16 AM »

as we looked closer into that post you pull back, tells a lot about how you argue.

Pull back?

This post is not about my education.

Stop trying to avoid the points I have raised I will keep posting until the points I have raised have been addressed.

will be repeating my post until the point raised have been adressed rather than the method of misdirection which is being employed by you and the other BELIEVERS.

I have proof I can show you a video that shows Boats come back over the horizon after dissappearing or a complete mountain range that is visable some 250 miles away which means the image/light has magically got round 41000 ft of curvature  

Or I can show you a video of a amateur rocket going up over 70 miles showing a flat plane  or a high altitude
weather Balloon showing a flat horizon.

I can show you the 1950 s newsreel of project ECHO the NASA magic space Balloon which contradicts modern science and Space. 

I believe the earth to be Flat based on observation and have yet to see any evidence to prove otherwise

I have been to many other countries and I have learnt about His-Story I just don't believe it.

Let's look at the fundermental principles of your religion.

Relativity:

Nobody has travelled at the speed of light nobody ever will so this has never been verified.= Theory / Hypothesis (Bollocks)

Gravity :

One of your Gods Neil DeGrasse-Tyson can't describe it.
Its is a magical force it allows Birds and Planes to fly near its point of origin but stops our pressurised atmosphere escaping into the infinite vacuum of space  
(Bollocks)

Heliocentric model.

Nobody has seen the Earth and the So called plane t's orbiting the sun.
Nobody has seen the so called Solar System moving through the Galaxy.
(Bollocks)

Nobody has seen the  so called Milky Way moving through the Universe.
(Bollocks)

Nobody has seen a so called black hole.
(Bollocks)

Your religion is based on hypothesis /theory and bollocks most of which has not been verified.

There are no videos of the above or real evidence just hypothesis /theory and bollocks so you are the idiots for following a religion that is based on hypothesis that have not been verified
you just believe whatever your religious leaders have told you.

The vast majority of you believers are delusional or liars you have not seen the GLOBE the only place the GLOBE is visable is from deep space and NOBODY has been in deep space.

Let's look at the Facts:

Can you explain how Gravity works and where it comes from ?

I know why none of you can address the points I have raised :

Because I'm right and you BELIEVERS are wrong and follow a false religion.

« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2017, 05:35:26 AM »

Pull back?

This post is not about my education.

Why did you bring up your degree?

This topic can very quickly become about your supposed education as elements of the syllabus along with the analytical and modelling requirements of that degree are at odds with how you come across. I'll stop short of calling you a liar at this stage.

In the interests of discussion, and with the benefit of doubt, how do you reconcile the subject you graduated in with your bizarre "see it with my own eyes" stance? Can you see electricity?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2017, 05:37:25 AM »
I keep telling you that it has nothing to do with any religion.

Quote from: Resistance.is.Futile
Really, so you have seen enough of the earth at one time yo prove it is flat!
I do not believe you.

Says YOU!
But, 533 have been to low earth orbit ot higher. Here is a photograph of almst half of the globe from one from your  :P favourite source on information, NASA!  :P:
This is from Apollo 17 and it shows all of Antarctica, which does not show in the photos from the geostationary weather satellites.
This view is only possible because the Translunar Trajectory was so far south of the equator.

View of the Earth as seen by the Apollo 17 crew -- astronaut Eugene A. Cernan, commander;
astronaut Ronald E. Evans, command module pilot; and scientist-astronaut Harrison H. Schmitt,
lunar module pilot -- traveling toward the moon. This translunar coast photograph extends
from the Mediterranean Sea area to the Antarctica South polar ice cap.
This is the first time the Apollo trajectory made it possible to photograph the South polar ice cap.
Note the heavy cloud cover in the Southern Hemisphere.
Almost the entire coastline of Africa is clearly visible.
The Arabian Peninsula can be seen at the Northeastern edge of Africa.
The large island off the coast of Africa is the Malagasy Republic.
The Asian mainland is on the horizon toward the Northeast.

Image Credit: NASA

Hope you like it!

Let's look at the Facts:
Incorrect, see above!
Not my fault if you can't accept any facts that don't fit with your neo-Flat Earthism religion, because that's what it is.

True, so what? Even GPS satellites travel fast enough for there to be a need for time dilation correction.

Correct, time is not a physical object.

Incorrect! Everyone is travelling through time at the rate of 1 day per day!

Incorrect, time slows measurably even for GPS satellites and massively for particles travelling near the speed of light.

And your Flat Earthism is based on pure guesswork and cannot explain the observation we make.
It can't even explain how the  ;D ;D sun and moon rise and set  ;D ;D, let alone eclipses and lunar phases!

But what you say is quite irrelevant as there is absolutely no connection between my religion and the shape of the earth.
My religion is based on faith. What I know of the shape of the earth is based on evidence.

Can you explain how Gravity works and where it comes from?
I can explain how Gravitation behaves, but my understanding of why it behaves that way in unnecessary,
Can you explain what makes thing fall down? I you don't believe they do, try jumping off a cliff.
Can you explain why opposite electric charges attract?
Even before electrostatic and magnetic attraction was "understood", they were just as real.
Understand how something works is not necessary for it to be real.

How will you ever learn the truth if you are stuck in a little room with people that are all as deluded as yourself.

This is a forum where differing ideas can be debated.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"
You might find it more peaceful in the
"Flat Earth Believers" forum, "A board for debate and discussion among Flat Earth Believers"
but you might not learn much!

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2017, 06:08:45 AM »
The atmosphere is pressurized exactly because of gravity.  There is a rough equilibrium between the two forces which is why the atmosphere is not more or less thick than it is.

I'm more interested though in how our inability to time travel or move at light speed contradicts a round earth?  Has any round-earther ever claimed that these things are possible?
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2017, 06:13:55 AM »
I keep telling you that it has nothing to do with any religion.

Really, so you have seen enough of the earth at one time yo prove it is flat!
I do not believe you.

Says YOU!
But, 533 have been to low earth orbit ot higher. Here is a photograph of almst half of the globe from one from your  :P favourite source on information, NASA!  :P:
This is from Apollo 17 and it shows all of Antarctica, which does not show in the photos from the geostationary weather satellites.
This view is only possible because the Translunar Trajectory was so far south of the equator.

View of the Earth as seen by the Apollo 17 crew -- astronaut Eugene A. Cernan, commander;
astronaut Ronald E. Evans, command module pilot; and scientist-astronaut Harrison H. Schmitt,
lunar module pilot -- traveling toward the moon. This translunar coast photograph extends
from the Mediterranean Sea area to the Antarctica South polar ice cap.
This is the first time the Apollo trajectory made it possible to photograph the South polar ice cap.
Note the heavy cloud cover in the Southern Hemisphere.
Almost the entire coastline of Africa is clearly visible.
The Arabian Peninsula can be seen at the Northeastern edge of Africa.
The large island off the coast of Africa is the Malagasy Republic.
The Asian mainland is on the horizon toward the Northeast.

Image Credit: NASA

Hope you like it!

Let's look at the Facts:
Incorrect, see above!
Not my fault if you can't accept any facts that don't fit with your neo-Flat Earthism religion, because that's what it is.

True, so what? Even GPS satellites travel fast enough for there to be a need for time dilation correction.

Correct, time is not a physical object.

Incorrect! Everyone is travelling through time at the rate of 1 day per day!

Incorrect, time slows measurably even for GPS satellites and massively for particles travelling near the speed of light.

And your Flat Earthism is based on pure guesswork and cannot explain the observation we make.
It can't even explain how the  ;D ;D sun and moon rise and set  ;D ;D, let alone eclipses and lunar phases!

But what you say is quite irrelevant as there is absolutely no connection between my religion and the shape of the earth.
My religion is based on faith. What I know of the shape of the earth is based on evidence.

Can you explain how Gravity works and where it comes from?
I can explain how Gravitation behaves, but my understanding of why it behaves that way in unnecessary,
Can you explain what makes thing fall down? I you don't believe they do, try jumping off a cliff.
Can you explain why opposite electric charges attract?
Even before electrostatic and magnetic attraction was "understood", they were just as real.
Understand how something works is not necessary for it to be real.

How will you ever learn the truth if you are stuck in a little room with people that are all as deluded as yourself.

This is a forum where differing ideas can be debated.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"
You might find it more peaceful in the
"Flat Earth Believers" forum, "A board for debate and discussion among Flat Earth Believers"
but you might not learn much!

So you claim 17 people have seen the GLOBE out of 7 Billion ;D and post a dodgy image from the 1970's as evidence ;D
Okay

You are incorrect Sunrise and Sunset and Moonrise and Moon set can be explained on the flat model.

Time does not exist it is just how we measure the passing of days so you are incorrect Nobody can travel through time it is just more of your religous nonsense.

You say these so called GPS satelites experience time slowing down this is impossible because.

Time doesn't physically exist it is just the medium we use to measure the passing of the hours/days ect so it can not be changed it is a constant.

Satelites don't exist we just have weather Balloons and Rockoons
this is why it's difficult to get a good GPS signal in high rise areas and uninhabited areas as GPS really means
GROUND BASED POSITIONING SYSTEM.
Just look at the direction of your satelite  Tv dish it's picking signals up from a ground based antenna.

If there truly was 3000 satelites orbiting the earth surely they would be a few visable from the so called ISS live feed ;D

It is impossible for this so called gravity to be weak enough to allow flight near its point of origin but powerful enough to stop our pressurised atmosphere escaping into the infinite vacuum of space.

Your religion is based on Hypothesis and Theory no evidence just formulas and mathematics retro fitted to conveniently fit your heliocentric religion.

All you do is repeat what your religious leaders have told you as there is no way you can verify the fundermental priciples of your religion.

« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2017, 06:17:17 AM »
The atmosphere is pressurized exactly because of gravity.  There is a rough equilibrium between the two forces which is why the atmosphere is not more or less thick than it is.

I'm more interested though in how our inability to time travel or move at light speed contradicts a round earth?  Has any round-earther ever claimed that these things are possible?

Einsteins theory of relativity relies on the points you mentioned but these points have never been verified so it is just Hypothesis.
(bollocks)

Relativity is one of your religions fundermental priciples so the fundermental priciples of your religion have never been verified making it false.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:28:09 AM by Resistance.is.Futile »

« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2017, 06:28:12 AM »
Resistance.is.Futile,

There are so many wonderful things in this world you cannot experience if you believe only what you've seen with your own eyes.
This is really sad. You are destined to live in your "box" with paintings of flat earth on inside. And you will never ever see the beauty and mystery of the space. Moreover you will never enrich your soul with knowledge of others and hence you will never contribute to others, because all this simply based on mutual knowledge transfer. This is the way the science work.

I pity you too.

« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2017, 06:36:29 AM »

Satelites don't exist we just have weather Balloons and Rockoons

explain how satellite TV works.
where are the Balloons that transmit the signals to each satellite dish. because it can not be antennas because i know 100% that in the direction from where the signals come that there is no antenna.
also how do the Balloon get controlled?

you as an self claimed electrical engineer should be able to explain all that.

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2017, 07:10:31 AM »
Disproving existence of satellites is hard. So far every person knows that:

0) Parabolic TV antennas are directed upwards to the satellites on geostationary orbits. Where the hell signal comes from? Floating balloons change their location and hence parabolic antenna won't work

1) You can see satellites on a geostationary orbit in telescope. It's pretty amazing. Turn off your automatic object tracing system which compensates for, sorry, Earth rotation. Now aim at the satellite according to coordinates. Holy crap it looks like falling star?! This is because all the stars on its background rotate and the satellite itself holds still. Amazing!

2) GPS - no that balloon and triangulation BS is a real BS. No one saw beacons placed on the Earth surface. Imagine that in the sea you also need them! So they are what? Floating GPS stations that no one ever saw? Or all who ever sailed the sea is also part of the HOAX?

3) Iridium flares - easily predictable flares caused by antennas on Iridium satellites by reflecting sunlight toward the Earth below. You can know where exactly and when they occur. These flares are very common (several a week for any given place). List of flares, their magnitudes and sky maps for your particular location could be obtained here: http://www.heavens-above.com/IridiumFlares.aspx?lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=UCT

4) Well, ISS. You know it is not only visible with naked eye. If you watch it in a telescope you see it in high detail. So it is obvious that it's ISS. Some folks even photoed the docking of shuttles. Amazing!

So you see, Flat Earth is not about science and proof it's a faith, a religion.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:32:50 AM by neutrino »
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2017, 07:29:34 AM »
Resistance.is.Futile,

There are so many wonderful things in this world you cannot experience if you believe only what you've seen with your own eyes.
This is really sad. You are destined to live in your "box" with paintings of flat earth on inside. And you will never ever see the beauty and mystery of the space. Moreover you will never enrich your soul with knowledge of others and hence you will never contribute to others, because all this simply based on mutual knowledge transfer. This is the way the science work.

I pity you too.

You will also never see the beauty of space .

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2017, 07:34:53 AM »
I see it at least once a week.

« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2017, 07:37:11 AM »

Einsteins theory of relativity relies on the points you mentioned but these points have never been verified so it is just Hypothesis.
(bollocks)

Relativity is one of your religions fundermental priciples so the fundermental priciples of your religion have never been verified making it false.

Wtf are you talking about? Air is denser closer to the ground due to gravity.

You don't believe in gravity? Jump out of an upstairs window and let us know if you float.

« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2017, 07:39:50 AM »
Disproving existence of satellites is hard. So far every person knows that:

0) Parabolic TV antennas are directed upwards to the satellites on geostationary orbits. Where the hell signal comes from? Floating balloons change their location and hence parabolic antenna won't work

1) You can see satellites on a geostationary orbit in telescope. It's pretty amazing. Turn off your automatic object tracing system which compensates for, sorry, Earth rotation. Now aim at the satellite according to coordinates. Holy crap it looks like falling star?! This is because all the stars on its background rotate and the satellite itself holds still. Amazing!

2) GPS - no that balloon and triangulation BS is a real BS. No one saw beacons placed on the Earth surface. Imagine that in the sea you also need them! So they are what? Floating GPS stations that no one ever saw? Or all who ever sailed the sea is also part of the HOAX?

3) Iridium flares - easily predictable flares caused by antennas on Iridium satellites by reflecting sunlight toward the Earth below. You can know where exactly and when they occur. These flares are very common (several a week for any given place). List of flares, their magnitudes and sky maps for your particular location could be obtained here: http://www.heavens-above.com/IridiumFlares.aspx?lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=UCT

4) Well, ISS. You know it is not only visible with naked eye. If you watch it in a telescope you see it in high detail. So it is obvious that it's ISS. Some folks even photoed the docking of shuttles. Amazing!

So you see, Flat Earth is not about science and proof it's a faith, a religion.

You are incorrect satelite dishes in most countries do not point upwards in the uk they only have a 10 degree elevation this is because they are picking signals up from a ground based antenna.
In some countries they bounce the signal off the stratosfare/dome so the point upwards.

You can not see satelites from earth it is impossible to see an object the size of a bus that is between 300 and 1000 miles away.

I have never seen a satelite.

Who maintains the 3000 satelites the space fairy ::)

You BELIEVERS really are so gullable you believe anything.

« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2017, 07:40:56 AM »
I see it at least once a week.

In your dreams lol ?

« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2017, 07:44:46 AM »
No, through the nights. Nothing LOLish here :)

BTW you CAN see satellites. Want to see them yourself? With your own eyes! Where do you live on a globe? What city?

« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2017, 07:46:45 AM »

(bollocks)

You don't believe in gravity? Jump out of an upstairs window and let us know if you float.

If I jump out of the window I will hit the ground as I'm heavier than air.

If I let a helium filled balloon out of the window it will float as it is lighter than the air at ground level.

Gravity doesn't exist it is impossible for this magical force to stop our pressurised atmosphere from escaping into the infinite vacuum of space.
As such space either doesn't exist or it is not an infinite vacuum.

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2017, 07:48:57 AM »
Oh nooo! He will die from a heart attack! No don't do this!!! Resistance! Don't watch satellites through telescope!!!

FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2017, 07:58:54 AM »

(bollocks)

If I let a helium filled balloon out of the window it will float as it is lighter than the air at ground level.

Gravity doesn't exist it is impossible for this magical force to stop our pressurised atmosphere from escaping into the infinite vacuum of space.

What makes you heavy?

Why do you fall down?

What is "down"?

« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2017, 08:06:24 AM »

BTW you CAN see satellites. Want to see them yourself? With your own eyes! Where do you live on a globe? What city?

You can't see space at night only the sky are you confused ?

You initally said that I would never see the beauty of space so are you implying I have never seen the night sky which by the way is not space.

FACT:

You will NEVER see the beauty of space.

Next please .....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:17:20 AM by Resistance.is.Futile »

« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2017, 08:10:42 AM »
If you are not a religious believer, write down the city where you live and I'll help you to see satellites. I'm serious.

« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2017, 08:11:18 AM »

(bollocks)

Why is it imposible for gravity to hold the atmosphere?

« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »
He's just regurgitating FE memes and stuff without knowing what he's on about. This person is a waste of time - you can't reason someone out of a position they never reasoned themselves into.

« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2017, 08:35:17 AM »

You initally said that I would never see the beauty of space so are you implying I have never seen the night sky which by the way is not space.

FACT:

Next please .....

it is astounding how ignorant some people can be.

you still did not answer my question.

for you as an electrical engineer (what i do not believe) should be able to explain how satellite TV works.

the Balloon that you talked about do not exist, or show me proof that balloon exist that stay absolute on position in the sky.

« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2017, 09:26:33 AM »

FACT:

Next please .....

for you as an electrical engineer (what i do not believe) should be able to explain how satellite TV works.

the Balloon that you talked about do not exist, or show me proof that balloon exist that stay absolute on position in the sky.

Read post 194

I have never said balloons are stationary?
Are you saying high altitude weather balloons and Rockoons don't exist ?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:29:02 AM by Resistance.is.Futile »

« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »

FACT:

Next please .....

Read post 194

I have never said balloons are stationary?
Are you saying high altitude weather balloons and Rockoons don't exist ?

Have you seen a high altitude weather balloon with your own eyes?

« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2017, 09:34:05 AM »

(bollocks)

Because on your model space is an infinite vacuum our atmosphere is pressurised the difference in pressure would cause our atmosphere to be sucked into space.

« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2017, 10:05:56 AM »

(bollocks)

Because on your model space is an infinite vacuum our atmosphere is pressurised the difference in pressure would cause our atmosphere to be sucked into space.

Are you thick?

At altitude air pressure decreases, the higher you go the less it becomes until there's none.

Vacuums don't suck, air pressure pushes. But since there's no pressure up there then there's nothing to push.

How did you get accepted on your degree course without a high school education?

« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2017, 10:18:47 AM »

(bollocks)

Are you thick?

At altitude air pressure decreases, the higher you go the less it becomes until there's none.

Vacuums don't suck, air pressure pushes. But since there's no pressure up there then there's nothing to push.

How did you get accepted on your degree course without a high school education?

What a load of nonsense the word suck was a figure of speech are you saying our upper atmosphere is a vacuum like space so there is no pressure difference ?

There is no physical barrier to stop our pressurised atmosphere from escaping into the infinite vacuum of space on your model.

The link above is the newsreel of one of the first satellites can someone please explain how this would be possible on your model (NASA claim the Balloon was inflated in space which you claim is an infinite vacuum)

Do you BELIEVERS believe the NASA footage of space shown in the above video to be real? @6:40

Gravity is one of the fundermental priciples of your religion so you should be able to answer these questions with ease.

What causes gravity.

Where does gravity come from.

What is gravity.

You have alot explaining to do.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:41:20 AM by Resistance.is.Futile »